Start by marking “Every Cowgirl Needs Dancing Boots” as Want to Read:
Every Cowgirl Needs Dancing Boots

Every Cowgirl Needs Dancing Boots (Every Cowgirl books #2)

Nellie Sue is back with brand-new dancing boots and her usual cowgirl flair. She knows that dancing would be more fun with friends, but her new neighbors, the Glitter Girls, would rather pirouette and twirl than hoedown. Nellie decides to throw a Barnyard Bash and invite the whole neighborhood. With her big imagination, Nellie transforms her garage into the perfect place ...more
Published June 9th 2011 by Dutton Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Every Cowgirl Needs Dancing Boots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Cowgirl Needs Dancing Boots

Brittany
Sep 28, 2013 Brittany rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this book because first I am a girly girl who also enjoys putting on my cowgirl boots and dancing! I felt like I could immediately identify with the scenario, when I was 7! This book would be a good fit for my classroom library, but maybe not the best story to feed as a class read aloud, just because it is very female centered. This book provide a colorful array of illustrations as well as a rich depiction of a Cowboy's vocabulary creating a connection to the reader and the story. This
Liz Todd
Mar 22, 2015 Liz Todd rated it liked it
Adorable story told in cowgirl voice. Nice little story about making friends, and making the most out of a situation.
Jan Blazanin
Jun 23, 2011 Jan Blazanin rated it it was amazing
Spunky Nellie Sue has a brand new pair of dancing boots. But, as everyone knows, it's not any fun to dance by yourself. So she sets off in search of friends on her "two-wheeled horse" Beauty. When she can't get the attention of the new "glitter girls" in her neighborhood, Nellie Sue takes the bull by the horns and organizes a hoedown. Young readers will love Nellie Sue's cowgirl drawl and the way she uses both her plucky spirit and vivid imagination to turn every day into a special event. With ...more
Adrienne
Nov 16, 2016 Adrienne rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Nellie Sue has her dancing boots on, but she doesn't have anyone to dance with. She tries to get the "glitter girls" (three ballerina sisters) to play with her, but they refuse, so she plans a hoe-down at her house. At first it seems like Nellie Sue's dance will be a flop, but then things take a turn for the better and she even makes a friend.

Cute story about friendship. I love how Janni captures the insecurity that comes when you're trying to reach out to people and are afraid of rejection, alo
Inna Nako
Apr 18, 2012 Inna Nako rated it really liked it
-cute story where a girl wants to beomce friends with her new neighbors
-the girl is a cowgirl and speaks a southern dialect (which students might connect to)
-the girl decides to throw a party and invite her neighbors
-at the end, she fins a friend
-text to self connections can be made in many ways: the students might be able to connect with their real lives (neighbors, friends, throwing a party...)
Ed McKeogh
Jun 12, 2013 Ed McKeogh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
As a parent of two little girls (7 & 4), I'm over-the-moon thrilled when I discover work that is vibrant, colorful, energetic, fun and positive and that fuels imaginative play. The "Every Cowgirl" series of books hits all the right notes, with an added dose of rip-roaring action and the kind of quiet charm that can coax your eyes to go a little misty. I extend a father's gratitude to Ms. Janni and Ms. Avril for sharing Nellie Sue with the wider world.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Jun 18, 2011 Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
This follow up to Every Cowgirl Needs a Horseis a just as fun. It is the perfect gift book for that little girl who likes pink but still has a hint of "tomboy" in her. And for a follow-up...I liked it as much as the first one which sometimes is a surprise...follow up books don't always hit their mark the way the first one did.
Kaitlyn Horvath
I'm a country girl so i can relate to Nellie Sue. I just love the little girl in this book and how she talks and acts; it reminds me so much of me when i was little. If i have a daughter i will definitely read this book to her because i just love the writing in the book and i like the illustrations and everything. it is just an awesome book that i relate to so much.
Jami
Jun 02, 2012 Jami rated it it was amazing
Audience: K-3 girls, girls who love horses/western themes, teacher's looking for books on friendships or appreciating those different than you

Appeal: Strong female main characters dealing with friendship from a girl's point of view, fun engaging pictures,great use of cowgirl vocabulary, sweet story about coming together and appreciating each other as well as how to be a good friend
Kimberly
Apr 25, 2014 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
My young daughter loves horses, and a friend have her this book. I like the illustrations and the story. My daughter loves this book - probably in part due to reading it in my 'southern' cowgirl voice. If you have a young horse lover...who may not be able to have her own real horse, this is a great book/series.
Angie
Jul 05, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
The part that stood out for me was how this little girl was proactive about making friends, even though at the outset it looked like they didn't have anything in common.

Fun! And I am not usually even a pink or sparkly fan.
Sarah Snyder
Apr 02, 2015 Sarah Snyder rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
This cowgirl gets a neighborhood party at her house for a dancing party. The pictures in this book was great. Plus at the end she is able to make a new friend with a girl who is different from her.
Kim
Jun 29, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Very cute little friendship story. Could be good to expand the horizons of your ballerina obsessed girl.
Bailey
Feb 11, 2016 Bailey rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-reads-books
Love this book! It is fun and different! The illustrations were adorable as well. It's a great story about making new friends and having fun. I'll be reading this book to my daughter!
Colby Sharp
Sep 13, 2011 Colby Sharp rated it really liked it
Dancing cowgirls usually isn't my cup of tea, but hey my rule is that if my kids go crazy over a book I add a star. I was going to give this book 3 stars by my 3 year old went gaga over it: 4 stars.
Kali VanBaale
Jul 09, 2011 Kali VanBaale rated it it was amazing
My daughter is crazy about the first book in this series, EVERY COWGIRL NEEDS A HORSE, and it seems to be the case for Janni's follow-up. Every bit as delightful as the first!
pati
Perseverance and stamina, that's what it takes to wear cowgirl boots. And Nellie Sue has plenty of both!
Alvana
Alvana rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Dana Wright
Jun 22, 2011 Dana Wright rated it really liked it
Very cute read about friendship and assumptions. Cool cowgirl gear too!
Lisa Marie
Lisa Marie rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2012
Po
Po rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Cara Stone
Cara Stone rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2011
Cherie
Cherie rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Jason Beyer
Jason Beyer rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Anna Field
Anna Field rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
bleudalmatian
bleudalmatian rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Jodi Whitsitt
Jodi Whitsitt rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
  • Ponyella
  • Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet
  • Olivia Goes to Venice
  • Good Job, Kanani
  • A Friend's Tale (Library Mouse #2)
  • C. R. Mudgeon
  • Gilbert Goldfish Wants a Pet
  • Aunt Isabel Tells a Good One
  • Zoomer's Summer Snowstorm
  • A New Friend (Magic Ponies, #1)
  • Neville
  • Moving Pony (Pony Pals, #19)
  • My Pony
  • You're Finally Here!
  • Princess Pigtoria And The Pea
  • Subway Story
  • Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa

Every Cowgirl books (4 books)
  • Every Cowgirl Needs a Horse