Start by marking “Abducting Alice (Warriors of Kelon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Abducting Alice (Warriors of Kelon, #1)

Abducting Alice (Warriors of Kelon #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  1,005 ratings  ·  45 reviews
For someone who thinks rocks are more interesting than men, geologist Alice is proven how very wrong she is.

When a probe crashes to Earth near a dig site, Alice Clarkson thinks she has hit the jackpot of her gem collecting career finding a real life meteor to add to her collection. But this is no mere meteor. It’s an alien probe designed to capture life; specifically femal
Published January 1st 2011 by Whiskey Creek Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Abducting Alice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abducting Alice

Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonGrim by M.K. EidemHunted by Evangeline AndersonSought by Evangeline Anderson
Mars Needs Women Trope
87th out of 315 books — 327 voters
Grim by M.K. EidemRal's Woman by Laurann DohnerBay's Mercenary by C.L. ScholeyStarkissed by Lanette CuringtonBerrr's Vow by Laurann Dohner
Alien & Earth woman romance/erotica
92nd out of 375 books — 266 voters

More lists with this book...

Becca
I am torn between 3 and 4 stars on this one. It was one of my favorite plots - unappreciated, chubby Earth female, abducted by evil aliens, then rescued by hunky, alpha alien in a case of lust at first sight. This is a short story, and pretty predictable, but a fun ride nonetheless.

I will use (and then butcher) an analogy of chocolate chip cookies. CC cookies are my favorites, but they do vary in quality depending on the ingredients and whether made by your grandmother or in a factory. Well, thi
Emmy
I can't help but think RIPPED after I finished this book (Sigh it had good potential) I read this book and got a sense of Déjà vu from time to time; firstly from chapter 3 (might even have been when Kerr was described), then repeatedly until the last chapter (even the epilogue) before I continued to the epilogue I smiled thinking to myself 'I kind of know whats going to happen but I'll read it as it wont be exactly the same, just to find out' - and I wasn't wrong either, even the ending was pred ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
When you look up at the stars at night, do you ever wonder what might be looking back at you? Alice didn't; all she wanted was someone to share the view with. But as they say be careful what you wish for, you might just get everything you never knew you wanted. While a woman getting abducted by aliens for breeding purposes and falling in love with her rescuer is not an unfamiliar storyline, Ms. Castle deftly avoids most of the pitfalls that accompany using such a well known plot, leaving the rea ...more
Sans
This was the kind of book I was expecting Genesis to be. Fluff with an attempt at drama. It wasn't great, but it could have been good if it was just a bit longer and the font wasn't super-sized (I despise font padding in an attempt to make the story seem longer than it honestly is). I liked the heroine (I'm always rooting for the plus-sized gals) and the hero could have been enjoyable if he didn't bring out the Insta-Love. "You're beautiful. I just know we're destined to be together, by the Fire ...more
Genney Blass
3.5 stars. This story, was very interesting I must say. Kerr was wow, his description dayum, delicious. Alice character was a little boring, I guess she felt closed in the world. Her sister was a Mega Biatch and annoying towards her sister. But at the end, Alice had her family, how cute was that; Wow and able to teach a man, what is your preference sexually, now that is what we need to do to. Lol, to have our pleasure more define so the men can be aware of our dislikes and likes. Lol. No but ser ...more
Twilla
This is the second book I have read from this author and I think I have found me a new favorite author. This story is very much like Laurann Donher's Zorn Warriors with its own little flair. I loved Zorn Warriors so I am happy to have found this series. On to the next one.
Asteropê
Standard alien abduction turned mate erotica book.
I enjoyed it.

The only issue I had was it had things in common with Laurann Dohner's works. Or at least the concepts/tone/elements within those works. I'm NOT saying the author was copying, it's just bits and pieces I felt I've read or seen in LD's Cyborg, New Species or Zorn series.

For example, (view spoiler)
ValerieC
Alice was a lonely geologist working for an International mining company. She was short, overweight for her height (a size 14), and never had a date. Her only relatives were her gorgeous, man-hungry sister and an elderly uncle.

Her latest field assignment for the company was an exploration in the western desert of Australia to confirm mineral deposits detected by satellite. She was there with her 4-man drilling crew when a meteorite slammed into the earth close to their camp. Upon further inspect
Sandra
This would have to be your stock standard alien abducting female humans to be sold as slaves story.

Alice Clarkson, a geologist, spots a meteor that is really a probe and gets abducted in broad daylight, in front of several of her colleagues. The Metherill, an alien trading species, sell anything and anyone.

Their slave station is raided by the Alliance forces and Alice is again captured, this time by Commander Kerr, who wants to Claim her ie marry her. She really doesn't get much of a choice, bu
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Huumm… ce livre est vraiment particuliers de tous les points de vue, déjà rien que par sa classification ! J’ai fini par le mettre dans les romances érotiques, mais ça réunit de la romance, de l’érotisme, de la science-fiction… de quoi me faire perdre la tête ! Une de mes connaissances m’a donné envie de le lire à cause des petites citations qu’elle postait sur FB, c’était tellement à mourir de rire que je ne pouvais pas passer à côté !! Et ça n’a pas rater, j’ai dévorer les 90 pages de cette no ...more
Christine
Aliens, abduction, rescue, hot and smexy attraction and a hunky monkey hero!
oshawnteexo
Heroine fell in love to fast she meets hero and BAM! they're mated and in love. No fight what-so-ever definitely made me roll my eyes.
celticminx (aka: kristi or "k")
Ok. This was one of those quickies I've mentioned before. Heavy on sex but not much else. Good if a quickie is what you are after.
Kiki
I love alien abduction/rescue stories. The alien hero boarded on overly dominant, but somehow in worlds with more advanced technology than ours, men oftentimes resemble old school barbarians. I'm not really into dominance/submission, but this doesn't really fall into that category. Its more of a big, brute of a man needing a gentle touch type of story, and it was mostly an adorable one. Kerr and Alice were a little too lovey/dovey, but that was ok. I'm glad Alice was finally let out of he house ...more
Brutally Honest
I skimmed this. The book is so one-dimensional I was kind of expecting it to be one piece of paper.

All snark aside, I do enjoy the alien hero human heroine stuff, but this one... There was no character development on anyone's behalf, the heroine went through a period of token resistance until just randomly giving in for no reason that I could ascertain, the hero is a macho "this is the way things are" overprotective dude and ridiculously sure of himself... Yuck!
Claudia
A typical alien abduction story with a heroine that is not your normal type: Alice is chubby like all Angela Castle female characters. Well, it was about time I stopped reading about "perfect" women. So Alice was smart and independent, interested in rocks and a workaholic. Her deepest desire to find the right guy for her. Little that she knew she will have to be abducted by aliens to find him.
Put up for auction as a sexual slave Alice was rescued by Kerr.

Kerr is a warrior, a pilot part of the K
T00zday
Someone else mentioned how much the plot in this book copied resembled some of the Laurann Dohnner books. I have to agree. I felt like I was reading a badly re-done version of Ral's Woman.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it because I love the genre, but don't start this series with super high expectations.

It's sweet. All the books are relatively short, with happy endings and characters you still get to read about in later books.

PS - Does anyone else get the feeling while reading Angela Castle
S Smith
First, it is great to read a novel like this that has a plus-sized protagonist. Angela Castle is a talented writer, who is full of great and witty one liners. The story progressed easily enough and was a well paced book. It was an enjoyable read, a definite recommend.
Ayune01
i was hooked.
the way the development of story was told was easy to imagine. not too hard and too heavy.
heh, i read coz i want to relax. and this book did it.

luve you!
Sobia
Meh, an alright read...though its not very original....or hot, or long, or entertaining even...honestly it wasn't very much of anything....if you've read any alien abduction type books before, this won't offer anything new. I do like the plus size heroine, but all the issues therein sorta disappear after she meets the hero...and the hero...again, meh...he's not terrible...there's just nothing all that great or memorable about him either...

So 2.5 stars, though I can't help but feel that's being g
Elodie
j'ai beaucoup rit en lisant se livre des scènes complètement alusinante a mourir de rie pour ma part
Anna
This alien abduction story is a lot of fun. Alice was very quickly accepting of the situation she found herself in but then I suppose it wouldn't have been as much fun if she wasn't. The Kelon species sound hugely attractive and there is a lot of room for expansion in the series with the plan to search for human mates on Earth. Looking forward to reading more.
Debbie
This wasn't a bad story. More a novella than a full novel but not bad
Grace
Jan 02, 2015 Grace rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
3.75 Too short, would have loved a longer more in depth story.
Shelley
A fun start to a series about alien abduction.
Katrina
There were a couple sexy parts in this book, but for the most part, it is the standard alien abduction romance.
step 1 Girl gets kidnapped by slave traders
step 2 hero rescues slave and claims her
step 3 hero takes his new mate home
step 4 all his fellow aliens want one just like her
step 5 someone tries to steal her
step 6 hero rescues her
step 7 they go to her planet for more.

The sexy sex kept this book from my one star pile.
Ladymcbeth
Melissa
This was a somewhat short but nice little erotic sci-fi story. Not too much angst (which I like) but a little bit of conflict. Sounds like the start of a new series.

Extra points(rating) for having a real size heroine. Not everyone is size 0. And interesting added feature on the male character. I will reveal no more..you will have to read for yourself.
  • Shield (New World, #1)
  • Alien Mate 3 (Alien Mate, #3)
  • Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)
  • Tink's Neverland (Cosmos' Gateway, #1)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Alien Rule (Clans of Kalquor, #2)
  • Stealing Coal (Cyborg Seduction, #5)
  • Illumination (Cyberevolution, #5)
  • Into the Dream (The Arcadians #1)
  • Katieran Prime (Katieran Prime, #1)
  • Lilith Enraptured (Divinity Warriors #1)
I am a full time mother and part time writer. I live in a small country town in Victoria Australia. I have been writing ever since I learned to read, and almost endlessly drifting off into the fantasy world of my imagination.

Thankfully, I have a great group of supporting writer friends; a husband and three; currently small children who help keep me grounded.

When I’m not day dreaming of creating ne
More about Angela Castle...

Warriors of Kelon (7 books)
  • Tempting Tara (Warriors of Kelon, #2)
  • Resisting Rachel (Warriors of Kelon, #3)
  • Claiming Claire (Warriors of Kelon, #4)
  • Saving Sara (Warriors of Kelon, #5)
  • Possessing Providence  (Warriors of Kelon, #6)
  • Embracing Emily (Warriors of Kelon, #7)
The Purrfect Plan (Australian Shifters, #1) Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1) Tempting Tara (Warriors of Kelon, #2) Resisting Rachel (Warriors of Kelon, #3) Cosmic Bounty (The Quads of Galafrax #1)