Start by marking “Hero, Come Back” as Want to Read:
Hero, Come Back

Hero, Come Back (Governess Brides #7.5)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,836 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Two superstar New York Times bestsellers, Stephanie Laurens and Christina Dodd, join forces with one exciting rising star, Elizabeth Boyle, to create this sexy anthology with an exciting new theme. In an innovative new twist for anthologies, each author is reintroducing a secondary character from a previous book to star in his own story!
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published May 24th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hero, Come Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hero, Come Back

Amy Wilder
Dec 10, 2009 Amy Wilder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three short romance novellas and I really enjoyed them, in fact I've re-read two of them. The first one was the least interesting but it was entertaining enough and, again, short. I often feel like a romance novel is adding in a new plot twist or villain or something just to make 300 pages (like the heroine is kidnapped and rescued and then somehow gets kidnapped AGAIN? REALLY?) so it's nice to get a pure short story arc: love-faces-an-obstacle, overcomes-obstacle, happy-ending.

The second story
Diana
Lost and Found: Reggie, the gentleman friend of the Cynster twins, helps Anne Ashford, Luc's sister, to restore an orphan to his proper home.

This was a sweet story, but it lacked a little something. It's like Cynster-lite, but because it's so short, it doesn't allow the feelings to properly develop.

The Matchmaker's Bargain: When Amanda seeks shelter at a renowned matchmaker's hut, she finds herself by law required to fulfill that match--and Esme has the perfect gentleman in mind.

This story was a
Tasneem
Jun 28, 2011 Tasneem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
I read this collection of stories because of Laurens' work but I must say was delighted with the other two offerings too. Both Christina Dodd and Elizabeth Boyle were marvellous. I especially enjoyed Boyle's tale. Her plot was full of humour and I adored the heroine Jessica.

However, Laurens' book was lovely. Its so nice to see old friends again and seeing them find love makes for interesting reading. The villain turns out to not really be a villain at all and her plots that have faint hints of t
Christine Anna  Kirchoff
I read this awhile ago but I never rated it on here. Fabulous series!
Debbie
May 08, 2017 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great lovey dovey book
Maura
Rebecca
This was a fairly disappointing anthology, particularly the Stephanie Laurens story, which really felt phoned in - like she had to write it rather than really was invested in the characters. Christina Dodds' piece was decent, but would have worked better with time to develop it into a full novel, with the only really good novella being Elizabeth Boyle's, which managed to develop the characters, their pasts, and their motivations fully. You can't win 'em all, but usually these novella anthologies ...more
Sara ♥
Finished "The Matchmaker's Bargain" by Elizabeth Boyle. That's the main reason I checked the book out, though I'll read the other two, also.

Did stuff like that actually happen? Holy cow! I was like, "Ummmm.... reality check, anyone?" It was cute though. Premise aside, I liked the hero and heroine. :)

------

3 Novellas:
(1) "Lost and Found" by Stephanie Laurens,
(2) "The Matchmaker's Bargain" by Elizabeth Boyle, &
(3) "The Third Suitor" by Christina Dodd
Janyn
Oct 05, 2012 Janyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5

My favorite was Christina Dodd's The Third Suitor! :)) I just found the story really cute. Acually I've finished this weeks ago so I don't really remember much from the other stories. 'Twas a good read overall, Laurens' was a bit too fast-paced and short (but I guess when you've read the novels that the characters appeared in too, you might think otherwise). Boyle's story wasn't bad either. The mysteries keep you going.
Donna
Mar 17, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Lost and Found and The Third Suitor. I really didn't like the Matchmaker's Bargain. All three novella's feature a "hero" from one of the author's novels. The Laurens' novel is the only one I've read and I did enjoy Reggie in that book. The Laurens' novella was my favorite, but I also enjoyed the Dodd novella.
Kelly
Apr 08, 2013 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not a fan of historical fiction, and didn't realize that this book was in that category. I had reserved it at the library because I really like two of the three authors, and didn't prepare for a regency romance blathering. Still, if you like that sort of thing, three quick short stories.
Rinou
Jul 15, 2012 Rinou rated it liked it
Lost and Found by Stephanie Laurens
Really short story, without any sparks

The Matchmaker's Bargain by Elizabeth Boyle
A lovely and funny story with a damaged hero

The Third Suitor by Christina Dodd
Interesting characters in a too short story
Noël
Nov 09, 2011 Noël rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bleh. Stephanie Lauren's writing irritates me. Her writing is so stereotypical of the genre and she repeats herself in every story.
Three stars because her writing was constrained by the short story format and because Elizabeth Boyle makes up for everything.
Ciocido23
Typical romance stories with fair to good story lines. Three stories in one book. Very quick reads.
Laurie Gold
Oct 15, 2010 Laurie Gold rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eur-hist-rom
Lost and Found - C
The Matchmaker's Bargain - B-
Did not read Christina Dodd's contribution as she sits near the top of my "do not read" list
Shannon
Ok, but nothing special.
Ellen
Lost & Found -- Reggie Camarthen
The Third Suitor -- Harry Chamberlain Earl of Granville
The Matchmakers bargin -- James Reyburn

Katie
Sep 12, 2013 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked the dodd story best.
Brenda  Britton
Not my favorite by Stephanie Laurens but good
Susan
May 15, 2012 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
SL 4*; CD 3*; DIDN'T RD EB
Feb 21, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All three stories were super cute, in that oh, how adorable kind of way.
Jen
Oct 29, 2016 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I only read the Matchmaker's Bargain. It was a cute, quick read that ended in happily ever after.
I had started to read the other two stories, but could not finish. They were boring.
Ebony Morton
Apr 26, 2012 Ebony Morton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three beautiful stories. I enjoyed all of them. :)
Kay   ✾◕ ‿ ◕✾
Third Suitor - 3 stars
Lauren
OVERALL:

"Lost and Found" by Stephanie Laurens

"The Matchmaker's Bargain" by Elizabeth Boyle
"The Third Suitor" by Christina Dodd
Annette Meier
The Stephanie Laurens story was way too short - especially since it had connections to the Cynster stories/series.
I enjoyed the other two authors' stories - nice reading for a very rainy day.
Marina

Bebe Four
Laurens: 3+
Boyle: 3+
Dodd: 4

Overall, one of the better anthologies, with all three stories being well-written and entertaining.
Amanda
Feb 23, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, romance
Cynster Tie-in
Irina
Aug 07, 2011 Irina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
((just read the novel by elizabeth boyle, "the matchmaker's bargain".))
  • My Scandalous Bride
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Stealing the Bride (Danvers, #2)
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, #4.5)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • All About Seduction
  • Where's My Hero? (The Gamblers of Craven's #2.5; Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5; Splendid, #3.5)
  • Jinxed!
  • The School for Heiresses (School for Heiresses, #2.5; Neville Family & Friends, #0.5; Desperate Debutantes, #3.5)
  • Lady Whistledown Strikes Back (Lady Whistledown, #2)
Stephanie Laurens was born in Sri Lanka, which was at the time the British colony of Ceylon. When she was 5, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, where she was raised. After continuing through school and earning a Ph.D. in Biochemistry in Australia, Stephanie and her husband moved to Great Britain, taking one of the last true overland journeys from Katmandu to London.

Once in London, Stephanie
More about Stephanie Laurens...

Governess Brides (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • That Scandalous Evening (Governess Brides, #1)
  • Rules of Surrender (Governess Brides, #2)
  • Rules of Engagement (Governess Brides, #3)
  • Rules of Attraction (Governess Brides, #4)
  • In My Wildest Dreams (Governess Brides, #5)
  • Lost in Your Arms (Governess Brides, #6)
  • My Favorite Bride (Governess Brides, #7)
  • My Fair Temptress (Governess Brides, #8)
  • In Bed with the Duke (Governess Brides, #9)
  • Taken by the Prince (Governess Brides #10)