Start by marking “The German Money” as Want to Read:
The German Money

The German Money

Paul has spent his life running—from New York, the city of his birth; from his beautiful beshert; from contact with his own siblings; but mostly from his mother, a Holocaust survivor of inexplicable coldness. Upon her mysterious death, the children face shocking questions. What caused her to die? Why did she divide their inheritance so that Paul, the least favorite son, ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Leapfrog Press

To ask other readers questions about The German Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The German Money

Willowamber
Jan 02, 2012 Willowamber rated it liked it
Easy reading, but like another person has mentioned I also found the characters rather unlikeable... which meant that i had to be in the mood to keep reading it. Not a complete waste of time but not game changing in my opinion.
Maha
Jan 22, 2010 Maha rated it it was ok
While I felt the characters weren't particularly likeable, they were rich in character, just bordering the bounds of believability. The tale itself was disjointed, pulling you in a number of directions, building up the anticipation of a radical finish, only to let you down with something fairly typical, not in the slightest out of the ordinary.

The saving grace of this somewhat mediocre novel is the occasional metaphor which is so striking to life that it carries you through, onto the next chapt
Kelly
Mar 31, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it
The book certainly had me turning the pages quickly. It was heart wrenching as the author describes the characters and their fragile lives. This was a very difficult read in some ways, but well-worth my time.
Suzette
Aug 25, 2010 Suzette rated it it was ok
Denise Bulpitt
Denise Bulpitt rated it liked it
May 08, 2014
Jenna
Jenna rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2011
Lisa Hofmann
Lisa Hofmann rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Dana Brittan
May 12, 2013 Dana Brittan rated it liked it
The book was so-so, but the ending made it worth reading! The ending is totally not expected!
Shawne Steiger
Shawne Steiger rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Tmmercury
Tmmercury rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Susan Richards
Susan Richards rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2016
Abe
Abe rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
Jean
Jean rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2010
Adele
Adele rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
T.rex
T.rex rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2007
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2008
Lisa Cantelli
Lisa Cantelli rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Monique
Monique rated it did not like it
Nov 29, 2007
judy
judy rated it really liked it
May 05, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
May 20, 2014
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Shirley
Shirley rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2015
James Backus
James Backus rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
JoAnn
JoAnn rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Shirley
my favorite book!
RED
RED rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2008
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2009
Ilana
Ilana rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2011
I've wanted to be an author since I was in second grade and fell in love with "The Three Musketeers", which I read to pieces. It hasn't been a swashbuckling life exactly, but one full of surprises, including recently selling my literary papers to Michigan State University's Libraries.

Since second grade, I've loved all sorts of books and have ended up writing nineteen books in many genres: memoir,
More about Lev Raphael...