Start by marking “The Body in the Ivy” as Want to Read:
The Body in the Ivy

The Body in the Ivy (Faith Fairchild #16)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  492 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
In this homage to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, Faith Fairchild is asked to cater a very small, very private college reunion on an isolated New England island—an event that could be her dream job. But when she discovers the true reason for the get-together, not even the spectacular ocean views can keep it from turning into a nightmare. Thirty years ago, bests ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published October 31st 2006)

Amielle
Jun 06, 2009 Amielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I picked this book up while I was looking for something to read, I was excited. Not only was it a mystery, but it was a mystery written in the same form of Agatha Chrisie's And Then There Were None.

As I began the book, I enjoyed how it took us between the past and the present, showed us the present women, and the past girls. The similarities between Agatha Christie novel and this book were there, though I thought not very well done.

The mystery, I thought, fell short of anything truly gripp
Elizabeth Blake
Jan 15, 2015 Elizabeth Blake rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women in their 50s or more
This book is about a group of women who are in their fifties/sixties. And it has recipes in it. Therefore, I would recommend this mystery to women of that age group who like to cook and who like to read mysteries.
I really enjoyed reading this. It was a good pace and an interesting story, based on "And Then There Were None" (aka Ten Little Indians)by Agatha Christie. I looked forward each day to being able to pick it up and read some more.
This is the first Katherine Hall Page book I have read an
Laren
Jun 12, 2007 Laren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
The author attempts an homage to Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" in the construction of this mystery, one in a series starring caterer Faith Fairchild. I have not read any other books by this author, but the setup/homage intrigued me. Faith is invited to cater an event on a private island owned by a famous but reclusive author. The guests, all lured under false pretenses, turn out to be classmates from a women's college where one girl fell from a tower to her death shortly before gr ...more
Jen
Feb 22, 2008 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jen by: Kenzie
Megan
Jan 25, 2008 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cozy mystery fans
Shelves: mystery, cozy-mystery
I am always on the hunt for new authors to read and this was the first book I have read by Page. The mystery fits into the "contemporary cozy" category and only took me two days to finish. The writing itself was pretty good and I liked the plot, which is derived from Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" (one of my favorite mysteries of all time!). But it was a little bit thin and there was absolutely no development of the main character, Faith. She wasn't completely likable and I actuall ...more
Gina
This was so fun to read! My favorite or hers so far-- because of the Agatha Christie parallels and the women's college connection. Loved it!
Janel
Jan 30, 2016 Janel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
May check out some of the other books in the series, especially the two which won awards.
Margarette
Apr 10, 2016 Margarette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 16th entry in a series featuring Faith Fairchild, caterer and amateur sleuth. The author modeled it on Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, aka Ten Little Indidans.

The story begins in the summer of 1970, the day before graduation day for Pelham College, a very elite and traditional New England women's college. The body of a graduating senior, is found in the ivy below the tower of her dorm. The dead woman is Helena Prince, known as Prin, and her death has been ruled a suicide.
Ann
Feb 22, 2015 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite series and this installment in the Faith Fairchild collection is a direct homage to Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None." Faith is hired to travel to a small island to cater a reunion of college friends. When she arrives, she finds that each of the people invited were brought to the island under deceptive reasons. There is no outside contact and of course there is the obligatory storm which further isolates the members of the party. One of the group is found dr ...more
Mari
Mar 14, 2011 Mari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed with the ending of this mystery. There were no clues or particular reasons why the murderer was more likely to have committed the crime than any of the other possible suspects.
Kathy Davie
Jan 28, 2016 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Fifteenth chronologically and sixteenth in publication in the Faith Fairchild cooking mystery series primarily based just outside Boston in the small town of Aleford, Massachusetts. In this story, events take place on an island in Maine.

My Take
I almost couldn't continue with this story it was so horrible. Not the writing, Page, as usual, does a lovely job of writing but the character who unfolds…I hate people like this. It's too bad it didn't happen so much sooner…

There's a lovely observation in
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by K. Osborn Sullivan for TeensReadToo.com

Nearly forty years ago, Pelham College senior Helene Prince plummeted to her death from the school's tower. A wealthy, popular, beautiful woman, Prin, as she was known, seemed to have everything going for her. Which made her suicide that much more tragic. But Prin's group of friends at Pelham, as well as her twin sister, suspected there was more to the story.

After graduation, the young women all went their separate ways, until decades later whe
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
This was my first book my Page and I wanted to read it because it was similiar to Agatha Christies book "And then there were none." Christies book was a 100 times better but this was ok. There just wasnt enough suspense or action for me. Most of the action took place in the last like 20 pages of the book. I can safely say I wont be reading the entire series...
Judy Goodnight
Homage to Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None"

Faith is catering a reunion of college women on an island. Ulterior motive by the island's owner - Who killed her sister the day before college graduation?

Story is told with flashbacks to the girls' lives during college in the 60's.

Not the best Faith story, not the worst either.
Judy
Nov 25, 2011 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the 16th in the Faith Fairchild series and was obviously written as an homage to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. Faith Fairchild is asked by a best-selling, reclusive author to cater a 40th year reunion of a small group of Pelham College graduates on a remove, private island in New England. When Faith arrives, she discovers that on the day before the women graduated from Pelham College, Helene Prince, fell or was pushed from the school's tower. While the death was ruled ...more
Milady Adler
The last Faith Fairchild novel I read and plan to read.
Heather Larcombe
Quick read. Fake characters, but that's almost a trope for mysteries, so it was all good.
Mar 07, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read for the genre.
Elaine
Mar 19, 2011 Elaine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a 12-year-old girl or a devotee of Lifetime Television
I dimly remember reading something(s) like this during my teens. I suppose at that age, I would have been scandalized by Prin, the "bad girl" of the uptight women's college. But now, all I can think is how happy I am that I didn't spend any money on this, and was able to return it to the library and forget all about it.

There's nothing wrong with Katherine Hall Page's writing. She knows her readership, and now that I know I'll never be a member of it, that's just fine.

I'm sure the recipes are w
Carol
Mar 13, 2009 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my book club's choice for September 2008. It was a homage to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. There were references to things of the 1960's that really took me back in time. I did, at first, have a time keeping the characters straight, but the plot was so interesting that I soon could distinguish one character from another. I have read a few of this author's books before but this is my favorite. I would not think these books would have to be read in order like some series.
Liz
Jun 03, 2009 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club-books
For a murder mystery, this was great. Its not really my kind of genre, but its an homage to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, which I read in 8th grade and enjoyed immensely (the creme de la creme). Also, it takes place partially at a fictional women's college called Pelham, which happens to be exactly based on Wellesely, my (and the author's) alma mater. The Pelham characters fit the Wellesley stereotype! I'd definitely recommend it to any Agatha Christie fans, or Wellesley alumna!
Emiliya
Jul 26, 2015 Emiliya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
За първи път попадам на книга от авторката, но ще направя всичко възможно да прочета и други нейни книги.
Elizabeth
Dec 23, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very fun read as are all her books!
Julaine
Interesting story, but was a little hard to keep the characters straight especially since it was told with flashbacks. Was a nod to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None/Ten Little Indians. I haven't read that in ages. I think I will go back and read it since I remember enjoying it.
Karen Hufman
Aug 24, 2013 Karen Hufman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one -it flipped back and forth between present and past. The premise of the book was Faith is invited to be a caterer at and island for a supposed college reunion. Turns out the 'reunion' is orchestrated to find out who may have murdered a student from their class 30ish years ago. The mystery was solved a little abruptly but overall I liked the characters.
Cathy
Jan 26, 2013 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the books in this series are reliable, quick, entertaining reads. The author lives in MA and I like the setting of her books since they are in MA and other parts of New England. This was set on an island in Maine and the characters had attended a women's college together in the 70's (i'm assuming this was a thinly veiled Wellesley College).
Daniele
Jan 22, 2013 Daniele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definite homage to Apathy Christie here, and I liked it. This sixteenth in the series finds Faith away from Aleford, Mass so most of the recurring characters are missing, but that is ok, too. I have read this series completely out of order, and it never seems to be a problem. I enjoy these books.
Pam Roberts
Definitely in the vein of Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians. Advice - write names of characters as you read about them and refer to list frequently! Former college "buddies" reunite in an isolated setting. Why did one "friend" commit suicide right before graduation years ago?
Amy Lyn
Sep 20, 2012 Amy Lyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite Fair Fairchild mystery that I've read so far. The intertwining stories and showing the parallel worlds of the past and present really brought the story to life. As always a great blend of food, fashion and fun. A very enjoyable cozy mystery.
Kenzie
Jan 21, 2008 Kenzie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good mystery - has links to "And then there were none" (a.k.a. "Ten Little Indians"). one in a series - i have read a number of the series and always enjoy them.
  • The Nantucket Diet Murders (Eugenia Potter, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts (China Bayles, #14)
  • Assault and Pepper (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #13)
  • Death on a Vineyard Beach (Martha's Vineyard Mystery #7)
  • A Catered Christmas (A Mystery with Recipes, #3)
  • The Blue Corn Murders (Eugenia Potter, #5)
  • Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)
  • Murder by the Glass (A Wine Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Aunt Dimity and the Deep Blue Sea (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #11)
  • Chamomile Mourning (A Tea Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Sucker Punch (A Candy Shop Mystery, #5)
Katherine Hall Page is the author of fifteen previous Faith Fairchild mysteries, the first of which received the Agatha Award for best first mystery and the most recent of which, The Body in the Snowdrift, was honored with the Agatha Award for best novel. Page also won an Agatha for her short story "The Would-Be Widower." She lives in Massachusetts with her husband and son. (from the publisher's w ...more
More about Katherine Hall Page...

Faith Fairchild (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • The Body in the Belfry (Faith Fairchild, #1)
  • The Body in the Kelp (Faith Fairchild, #2)
  • The Body in the Bouillon (Faith Fairchild, #3)
  • The Body in the Vestibule (Faith Fairchild, #4)
  • The Body in the Cast (Faith Fairchild, #5)
  • The Body in the Basement (Faith Fairchild, #6)
  • The Body in the Bog (Faith Fairchild, #7)
  • The Body in the Fjord (Faith Fairchild, #8)
  • The Body in the Bookcase (Faith Fairchild, #9)
  • The Body in the Big Apple (Faith Fairchild, #10)