Start by marking “The Riders of the Sidhe” as Want to Read:
The Riders of the Sidhe

The Riders of the Sidhe (Sidhe Legends #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A boy, Lugh Lamfada, escapes the destruction of his home by sinister forces. Rescued by sea-god Manannan MacLir, Lugh is sent into Eire on a mission: to aid the Tuatha de Darnann, enslaved by monstrous pirates called Fomor.

Lugh boldly invades the Fomor headquarters, a Tower of Glass, and discovers that the Fomor are the ones who destroyed his home. Through intrigues, battl
Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages
Published October 1st 1988 by Spectra (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Riders of the Sidhe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Riders of the Sidhe

Little Red Riding Hood by Trina Schart HymanPale Horse, Pale Rider by Katherine Anne PorterThe Woman Who Rode Away and Other Stories by D.H. LawrenceRiders of the Purple Sage by Zane GreySlay Ride by Dick Francis
Riders Up !
143rd out of 158 books — 20 voters
Tithe by Holly BlackThe Hunter's Moon by O.R. MellingThe Iron King by Julie KagawaDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningThrough the Mists of Faerie by The Silver Elves
Sidhe
182nd out of 197 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Adam Copeland
If you like ancient mythology, especially ancient Irish mythology, you'll like Kenneth C. Flint's "Riders of the Sidhe" which recounts the beginnings of the Irish hero Lugh of the Long Arm in an entertaining novelized form.

All the classic elements of a hero's quest, and a boy's coming of age, are present as the sea god Manannnan MacLir sends the young orphan Lugh on a mission into the beautiful Eire to learn the truth of the conflict between the Tuatha de Danann and the monstrous Fomor.

Assistin
Roland Volz
I first read this book almost thirty years ago, when it was my gateway to the world of modern fantasy literature. The writing style is extremely engaging, retelling the Irish folktales with a more modern style and tone works -- the characters take on a real life of their own and draw you in to their trials and tribulations.

From a purely fantasy standpoint, this book is the beginning of a quest tale: the hero must overcome the challenges of an unjust world while learning the secrets of his past.
Melissa Cuevas
Have tried to read this three different times right now. Can't quite figure out what is going on here, but bluntly, I just can't finish it. I should like this book a lot, the writing is strong, the genre is well within what I love, but something just won't click for me here with this one. It feels like parts are missing, and what is here doesn't seem to fill the gap. I wish I could come up with a concrete reason why, but there isn't one. Not terrible. Just not personally engaging enough for me.
Gerald Black
When I first read this book it instantly became one of my favorites because I am a big fan of celtic mythology and also there is a lot of action. It is a shame there haven't been any recent works from this author. Everything he has written is well done.
April S
Interesting series about early Ireland legends. I read this series a long time ago and loved it but could never find the third book. It is fantasy based on some prominent characters from Irish legends. It helps to understand the society of those early days.
Ronmorris2
Good book. Kenneth Flint is no Tolkien, but the book has a lot of similarities to LOR. Not suprising since he has a MS in English Literature. Remain true to who you are. Keep your promises.
Arlene Allen
Amazing to see what stays in print and what doesn't.
Kimberly
Really enjoying the Irish myth set.
Rabbit {it's Nano time!}
Rabbit {it's Nano time!} marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Mitchell
Mitchell marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Richard Radgoski
Richard Radgoski marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Brendan
Brendan marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Froxis
Froxis marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Erika Odom
Erika Odom marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Gary
Gary added it
Jul 28, 2014
Kevin C Steele
Kevin C Steele marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
  • The Wizard and the Warlord
  • Voyage to the City of the Dead (Humanx Commonwealth #11)
  • The Serpent (Atlan, #1)
  • Enchanted Pilgrimage
  • King Kobold Revived (Warlock Series, #2)
  • Rats and Gargoyles
  • As on a Darkling Plain
  • Blood Brothers
  • Strange Toys
  • The Changing Land
  • Black Wizards (Forgotten Realms: The Moonshae Trilogy, #2)
Kenneth C. Flint, who has also written under the pseudonym Casey Flynn, is an American fantasy novelist. A resident of Omaha, Nebraska, Flint has now published 18 books, in both print and eBook format. A majority of his works are either based on Irish myths and legends, or else are original stories involving concepts, and sometimes characters, from Irish mythology. His best known works center arou ...more
More about Kenneth C. Flint...
Champions of the Sidhe Master of the Sidhe Challenge of the Clans (Finn MacCumhal, #1) A Storm Upon Ulster Storm Shield (Finn MacCumhal, #2)