Start by marking “A Survey of Bible Doctrine” as Want to Read:
A Survey of Bible Doctrine

A Survey of Bible Doctrine

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
An easy-to-read, Bible-based overview of the various doctrines of Scripture. Targeted to the layman who wants to understand what the Bible teaches.
Published June 1st 1989 by Moody Publishers (first published 1972)

To ask other readers questions about A Survey of Bible Doctrine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Survey of Bible Doctrine

Nathan Parker
Aug 30, 2015 Nathan Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent overview of Bible doctrines. It is Biblical and conservative in its presentation, is clear and digestible to read, and it take students through the major Bible doctrines in a simple, concise survey. It is a resource I would seriously consider using in my basic level Systematic Theology/Theology Survey/Bible Doctrines classes. Every Christian should also read this book to get a solid handle on the major Bible doctrines of the Christian faith.
Emilio
Jul 13, 2016 Emilio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good and concise overview of Biblical Doctrine. It helped solidify certain things I already did believe and helped me ponder over the Scriptures. While there is at least one instance in the book where I disagree with the author, I feel like this is a wonderful introductory work on understanding the Doctrines of the faith. It is well written and very easy to understand. Ryrie isn't needlessly wordy and is careful to make sure that the reader knows that certain doctrines are open for discus ...more
Celeste Nuffer lavacot
I found this book very informational. I am getting more and more familiar with my Bible and yet I learned several bible doctrines that I either didn't know much about or didn't know about at all. This is a great book for anyone wanting an overview with many bible passages to confirm the statements talked about.
Melissa
Aug 16, 2013 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't like to give poor reviews, but I didn't really care for it. I think it was too advanced for people who just wanted a general overview of the scriptures. I wasn't inspired, educated, or impressed. This is the first survey I have read, so I will have to guess that they are all questions and musings that don't really lead to much. He addressed a lot of issues and arguments but didn't make a solid case for any. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it more than I did.
David Taylor
Nov 21, 2013 David Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school-textbooks
Ryrie does an excellent job of breaking down fundamental doctrines of Evangelical Theology. This is a great read for new Christians or anyone trying to expand their knowledge of what they believe.
Caleb
Aug 17, 2013 Caleb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Covers a wide array of things, but I still had further questions. Time to read a bigger doctrine book :)
Mert Robinson
To read.
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Derwin Peppers
Derwin Peppers rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Allen Patterson
Allen Patterson marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Shirley Fisher
Shirley Fisher marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Tanya Alexander
Tanya Alexander marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Timothy Dehne
Timothy Dehne marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Tinashe Mikuti
Tinashe Mikuti marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Tinashe Mikuti
Tinashe Mikuti marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Daniel Kleven
Daniel Kleven rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Glen Harrison
Glen Harrison rated it liked it
May 05, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
May 10, 2016
Sylvia Rajner
Sylvia Rajner marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Cheryl Shireman
Cheryl Shireman rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Larry
Larry rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
LAUREL  HENSCHEL
LAUREL HENSCHEL is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2016
Naomi Amesbury
Naomi Amesbury rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Jane Warren
Jane Warren rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Lovie
Lovie marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Aubrey Griffin
Aubrey Griffin rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Henry Alvarado
Henry Alvarado marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Ray
Ray rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Kristopher
Kristopher marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Ryan Kuraki
Ryan Kuraki rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Charles Caldwell Ryrie (born 1925) is a Christian writer and theologian. He graduated from Haverford College (B.A.), Dallas Theological Seminary (Th.M., Th.D.) and the University of Edinburgh, Scotland (Ph.D.). For many years he served as professor of systematic theology and dean of doctoral studies at Dallas Theological Seminary and as president and professor at Philadelphia College of Bible, now ...more
More about Charles C. Ryrie...