Adventures of a Scottish Heiress

Adventures of a Scottish Heiress

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  436 ratings  ·  28 reviews
She was determined to marry for love, never expecting that her adventures would lead her to a lifetime of passion.

The Runaway Heiress

Like many a Regency miss, Lyssa Harrell longs for love, but knows her duty lies in marriage. Still, when her father promises her hand to a dissolute but well-connected lord, she does the unthinkable ... she flees to Scotland. Not to Gretna Gr...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 29th 2003)

nurmawati
BIG SPOILER !!!!

kira2 begini ceritanya....lyssa harrell, seorang heiress kabur dari rumah gara2 mau di nikahin sama seorang lord yang gak keren, sombong, gak cakep, pendek, rambutnya menipis (terus cela2 :p) demi supaya si lyssa ini masuk ke kalangan bangsawan...
soalnya walo heiress tapi dia bukan bangsawan....dan bokapnya seperti bokap2 lainnya zaman dulu, mau anaknya jadi lady....seperti si bokap yang kawin lagi sama seorg countess juga (bokapnya kaya banget sih)

nah lyssa ( duh kayak nama musu...more
Corinne
A romance novel surrounding a spoiled runaway Scottish Heiress and the rough Irishman who has been sent to bring her back to England. Typical personality and socioeconomic match-up, but one we all love to see again and again.

I did enjoy this book. Enough that I waited the three weeks to get it back from the library again sicnce someone else had it on hold. Most romance novels get an automatic three star rating from me. Enjoyable, but not mind blowing and this book follows suit with that. Maxwell...more
Heather  * lost in her own world*
Quick recap: Lyssa is the daughter of a rich retired pirate who is has promised her to marry Visscot Grossett. She runs away seeking the romantic adventure to her mothers family, The Davidson's, in Scotland. Pirate Harnell hires Ian Campion to locate and return his wayward daughter. Ian does find her but soon discovers that someone is trying to kill her. Ian and Lyssa only option is to travel by foot and seek out the Davidson clan for protection tomreturn to London.
So srarts the unsupervised jo...more
Amy
There are two things that I can't resist; cheesy Lifetime movies and the occasional boddice-ripper book.

My spirits have been a bit low the past few days and I needed a fun, light read. Adventures of a Scottish Heiress delivered like Dominos and was not at all what I expected.

Sure, it was cheesy and predictable, but the typical buzzwords of this genre (heaving, ample, thrusting, etc.) were kept to a minimum to let the characters develop into the wonderful cliches that the were meant to be. When...more
Jocelin
It took me a little while to get into the story. I thought this author wrote a very romantic and sweet novel. For some reason, I just couldn't pick up the momentum of the book. The main characters were strong and the romance played very well. It was just that there were several "red herrings" that were thrown in that kind of hampered the story. The "Scooby Doo" ending kind of left me thinking "OK". I think the story played very well until the end. The ending felt slightly tacked-on and rushed.
I...more
Missy Jane
I already knew CM was awesome because I've had the pleasure of meeting her. This was the first time I had the opportunity to pick up one of her books, and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long! Wonderful writing, fabulous characters, great plot. I loved every page. The heroine, though young and stuck with her position in life, was strong and smart. The hero was hot, very intelligent, and all around a good person. I love the sparks between them as well as the honesty as they face an impossible a...more
Tara Choate
Pleasant with deeper touches. A little too serious to my my favorite type of romance novel, but a solid book.
Sara
Claire
I liked Lyssa a lot because she wasn't a stupid heiress. She may have been inexperienced but she understood things that many withers make their heroines act ridiculously dumb about. And Ian was a well written love interest. When they realized their feelings for eachother they accepted them, they didn't sit there like idiots wondering what it was they were feeling. Very enjoyable.
Kobby Gyampoh
I've just read a few reviews from others and i think it's not the best the book is so good.i loved it when one of the two got irritated especially Ian.the sex was powerful.the action was fantastic.the understanding of the story was good and moreover i loved the suspense especially for the sex.way to go Cathy Maxwell
Alisa Garate
This was a little different from most "ton" books as it never touches upon any of their events. It's mainly about a girl who runs away to avoid a love-less match and the Irishman her merchant father sends to find her. Who doesn't like a book about an Irish hero and runaway Heiress set in Scotland? haha.
Sasha Summers
Lyssa and Ian were a lot of fun to watch. A runaway heiress, an embittered and hunky Scotsman hired to bring her quietly back... Great set-up right? Miss Maxwell's story was a fun, quick read that delivered plenty of warm fuzzies as well as a few giggles. Love Scottish romance? Give this one a read.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
This is my least favorite book by the author so far. I wasn't captivated by the story at all and the romance between the hero and heroine. Everything about it was just, for me, mediocre at best.
Gina
On okay little romance book, full of Scottish and Irish heros and villians and of course the English.

For me it was okay, a nice break from intense mysterys.
Robin
Dallee
The Hunter of the Fleeing Heiress proves to be a lovely fellow and very helpful to the heroine -- nicely done by Cathy Maxwell.
Darkpool (protesting GR censorship)
Perfectly standard romantic adventure. Very pleased that I seem to have mastered how to borrow an ebook from the public library.
Jennifer L
Meh. This one was ok. Predictable, but sweet in some spots. Didn't end up on my couldn't bear to finish it list:)
Jill
Not the best ever, and I don't really understand the motive behind the "reveal" at the end, but decent.
Diana
What a sweet, light read - very fast and nothing sophisticated or complicated. Wonderful enjoyment.
Kelly
I enjoyed the last 3rd of the book but to get to that point was just boring.
Ann
This was the second time I read this book.
Tiesha
It was really good. Thumbs up!!!
Beth
Really enjoyed and loved this book.
Ewa
***3,5***
Nina Johnson
Nina Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
  • A Borrowed Scot (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy, #3)
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)
  • Daring the Duke (Lords of Intrigue, #2)
  • The Dreamer (Highland Treasure, #1)
  • Forbidden Magic
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • My Wicked Highlander (MacDonell Brides, #1)
  • Beloved Highlander
  • The Scotsman
  • The Devil of Kilmartin
  • A Belated Bride (Rogues, #2)
  • Wed to a Highland Warrior (The Warrior King, #4)
  • A Christmas Promise
  • An Affair Without End (Willowmere, #3)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (The MacLerie, #2)
CATHY MAXWELL spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the mystery of life and the secret to happiness.

She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
More about Cathy Maxwell...
Four Dukes and a Devil In the Bed of a Duke (Cameron Sisters, #3) Married in Haste (Marriage, #1) A Seduction at Christmas (Scandals and Seductions, #1) In the Highlander's Bed (Cameron Sisters, #5)