Start by marking “Adventures of a Scottish Heiress” as Want to Read:
Adventures of a Scottish Heiress

Adventures of a Scottish Heiress

She was determined to marry for love, never expecting that her adventures would lead her to a lifetime of passion.

The Runaway Heiress

Like many a Regency miss, Lyssa Harrell longs for love, but knows her duty lies in marriage. Still, when her father promises her hand to a dissolute but well-connected lord, she does the unthinkable ... she flees to Scotland. Not to Gretna Gr
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 29th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Adventures of a Scottish Heiress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures of a Scottish Heiress

nurmawati
Dec 27, 2011 nurmawati rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, hr, buku-eng
BIG SPOILER !!!!

kira2 begini ceritanya....lyssa harrell, seorang heiress kabur dari rumah gara2 mau di nikahin sama seorang lord yang gak keren, sombong, gak cakep, pendek, rambutnya menipis (terus cela2 :p) demi supaya si lyssa ini masuk ke kalangan bangsawan...
soalnya walo heiress tapi dia bukan bangsawan....dan bokapnya seperti bokap2 lainnya zaman dulu, mau anaknya jadi lady....seperti si bokap yang kawin lagi sama seorg countess juga (bokapnya kaya banget sih)

nah lyssa ( duh kayak nama musu
Ashley-Anne
Cherie
I can't stand her. The heroine has mettle enough to walk with blisters and not complain but when they reach an inn she complains about everything. One of my least favorite set-ups is of a lady being told to stay where they are, for their protection, and of course they don't. A woman thinking she can use brawn instead of brains has neither. I've just finished reading how she comes out of the inn with a pottery pitcher thinking to come to the hero's aid (who is fighting several men at one time). H ...more
Corinne
A romance novel surrounding a spoiled runaway Scottish Heiress and the rough Irishman who has been sent to bring her back to England. Typical personality and socioeconomic match-up, but one we all love to see again and again.

I did enjoy this book. Enough that I waited the three weeks to get it back from the library again sicnce someone else had it on hold. Most romance novels get an automatic three star rating from me. Enjoyable, but not mind blowing and this book follows suit with that. Maxwell
Heather
Apr 10, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Quick recap: Lyssa is the daughter of a rich retired pirate who is has promised her to marry Visscot Grossett. She runs away seeking the romantic adventure to her mothers family, The Davidson's, in Scotland. Pirate Harnell hires Ian Campion to locate and return his wayward daughter. Ian does find her but soon discovers that someone is trying to kill her. Ian and Lyssa only option is to travel by foot and seek out the Davidson clan for protection tomreturn to London.
So srarts the unsupervised jo
Amy
Nov 13, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are two things that I can't resist; cheesy Lifetime movies and the occasional boddice-ripper book.

My spirits have been a bit low the past few days and I needed a fun, light read. Adventures of a Scottish Heiress delivered like Dominos and was not at all what I expected.

Sure, it was cheesy and predictable, but the typical buzzwords of this genre (heaving, ample, thrusting, etc.) were kept to a minimum to let the characters develop into the wonderful cliches that the were meant to be. When
Jocelin
It took me a little while to get into the story. I thought this author wrote a very romantic and sweet novel. For some reason, I just couldn't pick up the momentum of the book. The main characters were strong and the romance played very well. It was just that there were several "red herrings" that were thrown in that kind of hampered the story. The "Scooby Doo" ending kind of left me thinking "OK". I think the story played very well until the end. The ending felt slightly tacked-on and rushed.
I
Missy Jane
Aug 02, 2013 Missy Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I already knew CM was awesome because I've had the pleasure of meeting her. This was the first time I had the opportunity to pick up one of her books, and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long! Wonderful writing, fabulous characters, great plot. I loved every page. The heroine, though young and stuck with her position in life, was strong and smart. The hero was hot, very intelligent, and all around a good person. I love the sparks between them as well as the honesty as they face an impossible a ...more
Sara
Patricia Kate
I am finding that I like Cathy Maxwell's heroes more than her heroines sometimes. In this story, the heroine was spoiled and headstrong to the point of foolishness. She had some likable qualities as well but I still was frustrated by her behavior at times.
Claire
Sep 18, 2008 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Lyssa a lot because she wasn't a stupid heiress. She may have been inexperienced but she understood things that many withers make their heroines act ridiculously dumb about. And Ian was a well written love interest. When they realized their feelings for eachother they accepted them, they didn't sit there like idiots wondering what it was they were feeling. Very enjoyable.
Kobby Gyampoh
Jan 01, 2010 Kobby Gyampoh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've just read a few reviews from others and i think it's not the best the book is so good.i loved it when one of the two got irritated especially Ian.the sex was powerful.the action was fantastic.the understanding of the story was good and moreover i loved the suspense especially for the sex.way to go Cathy Maxwell
Alisa Garate
This was a little different from most "ton" books as it never touches upon any of their events. It's mainly about a girl who runs away to avoid a love-less match and the Irishman her merchant father sends to find her. Who doesn't like a book about an Irish hero and runaway Heiress set in Scotland? haha.
Sasha Summers
Jan 15, 2013 Sasha Summers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lyssa and Ian were a lot of fun to watch. A runaway heiress, an embittered and hunky Scotsman hired to bring her quietly back... Great set-up right? Miss Maxwell's story was a fun, quick read that delivered plenty of warm fuzzies as well as a few giggles. Love Scottish romance? Give this one a read.
Donna
May 18, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Cathy Maxwell's books and I don't know how I missed this one the first time around. It was a very enjoyable read with a spoiled heiress, Irish hero with his own problems and bad guys out to get the girl. No plot spoilers from me, read it yourself. I really enjoyed this one.
Hasnamezied
My last two read for Cathy Maxwell were really disppointing so I said that's it I'd never read for her again but I couldn't so I read this one and I fell in love with her once more .
This book is brilliant and so lovely. Adore it.
Robin
Jun 06, 2011 Robin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Beth
Jun 10, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-paperback
Really enjoyed and loved this book.
Dallee
Jul 09, 2011 Dallee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Hunter of the Fleeing Heiress proves to be a lovely fellow and very helpful to the heroine -- nicely done by Cathy Maxwell.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regency
Gina
Sep 04, 2010 Gina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
On okay little romance book, full of Scottish and Irish heros and villians and of course the English.

For me it was okay, a nice break from intense mysterys.
Jill
Dec 23, 2009 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best ever, and I don't really understand the motive behind the "reveal" at the end, but decent.
Tara Choate
Pleasant with deeper touches. A little too serious to my my favorite type of romance novel, but a solid book.
Kelly
Oct 16, 2009 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the last 3rd of the book but to get to that point was just boring.
Diana
Jan 26, 2012 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
What a sweet, light read - very fast and nothing sophisticated or complicated. Wonderful enjoyment.
Tiesha
Apr 28, 2011 Tiesha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really good. Thumbs up!!!
Ewa
Jan 25, 2013 Ewa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: iv
***3,5***
Nonieღserenity2bliss
This is my least favorite book by the author so far. I wasn't captivated by the story at all and the romance between the hero and heroine. Everything about it was just, for me, mediocre at best.
Jennifer L
Meh. This one was ok. Predictable, but sweet in some spots. Didn't end up on my couldn't bear to finish it list:)
Ann
Dec 25, 2011 Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, read-again
This was the second time I read this book.
  • The Irresistible MacRae (The Highland Lords, #3)
  • The Devil of Kilmartin (Kilmartin Glen, #1)
  • My Wicked Highlander (MacDonell Brides, #1)
  • The Dreamer (Highland Treasure, #1)
  • Fairy Tale
  • It Takes a Hero (Danvers, #4)
  • Tamed by a Laird (Galloway Trilogy, #1)
  • McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)
  • In Praise of Younger Men (Three Heroes #1; Company of Rogues, #6)
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • The Laird Who Loved Me (MacLean Curse, #5)
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • To Tempt a Scotsman (Somerhart, #1)
  • Highlander Unbound (Lockhart Family, #1)
CATHY MAXWELL spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the mystery of life and the secret to happiness.

She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
More about Cathy Maxwell...