Start by marking “Everlast” as Want to Read:
Everlast

Everlast

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Cover by Scott Keating A pre-apocalyptic tale, Everlast follows Derek Everlast, a man whose destiny in life is guiding others to a place of rebirth for mankind called Haven. Following an instinct called the Nudge, bestowed on him by a higher power, Derek is guided to the next chosen human destined to survive, a little girl named Melissa. In a harrowing adventure, he must d ...more
Published December 27th 2011 by Archaia (first published June 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Everlast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everlast

Tiffany
I bought the book based solely on the fact that I wanted to meet Chad Michael Murray but I have to say I actually liked the story and I'm not a graphic novel reader either.
The story follows a man, Derek Everlast, who is chosen to find a select amount of people that will be saved in an Eden like place at the center of the Earth called Haven. He's saved many people who have been chosen to go to Haven so far and is on to find a special one who is one of the "clocks", basically a person whom once is
Chadmmurray

it's the best book
enjoy reading it
Drea
Have to say it was better than what I expected, however, doesn't live up to the full potential. I'm would have liked to know more about the back-story and there def. needed to be more about him being in love. There were tiny, and I do mean tiny, hints but not enough to make me as a reader feel the ending.

As for the artwork--each illustrator is wonderful, but I don't know if having 4 different artists worked for me. It was quite jarring to switch from such drastic styles, especially from the car
Carlos Pantaleón
Involving story, full of creativity, exceed my expectations.
Alyssa
Dec 19, 2013 Alyssa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jasper, Marc
Shelves: favorite-books
I was really looking forward to reading this book! It's the first graphicnovel I ever read and I really enjoyed it. It was touching, exciting, loving, dangerous and dark. I fell in love with the characters right away.

(view spoiler)
Melissa

This is the first graphic novel I have ever read. I have been a fan of Chad Michael Murray for a while now. I watched him on One Tree Hill, in a Cinderella Story, and in Freaky Friday. I received an autographed copy of the book in the mail. I liked the story and the illustrations were incredible. The book is about Derek Everlast, whose mission in life, is to find the chosen people and protect them from the End of Days. I also love the fact that one of the characters in the book is named Melissa
Connor Sheridan
This graphic novel is about a man named everlast who knows the end of the world is coming. He and a small group of people must find a handful of nearperfect humans who will be transported to Eden and preserved to start the world anew. While I thought this was a very interesting plot, the author decided to leave it wrapped up instead of fleshing it out. The dialogue between characters was almost painful, and the ending concluded nothing. Five artists were asked to lend their talents to this book, ...more
Mallory
This is the first graphic novel I've ever read so I'm not sure how it compares to others. Comics aren't really my thing and that is what it reminded me of. The story itself wasn't bad. A little rushed but that could be a common thing in graphic novels.
Jibran
Guess this is my first legit review of a Graphic Novel. Let's keep it simple and evolve it as time goes by?

Artwork: 4/5-> This book has a grand total of 5 different artists, 4 of which are considered primary? I didn't have much a gripe with them for their work was truly magnificent. The rating is due to the occasional chaotic scene in which I simply could not interpret.

Characters: 3/5 -> Um...Stravos is cool? Everlast (The MC) seems a tad bit depressing?

Plot: 3/5 -> Enter Everlast....I
Karen Faith
Actual Rating = 2 stars
♫Julie♪
rating:3.5/5

review to come
David Townsend
Interesting Art and layout, story... not so much.
Janine Shelton
When I first discovered that Chad Michael Murray was going to be at NY Comic Con, I had to know why. Then when I found out he had written a graphic novel, I was intrigued. I had to see what it turned out like. I mean...it's Chad Michael Murray. I was pleasantly surprised with EVERLAST though. The idea that the art looks different depending on which character's viewpoint you're getting was interesting. I liked that. All-in-all, not bad. The story is pretty good too.
Andrea Arbit
I read this because I loved CMM in One Tree Hill and totally had a high school crush on him back in the day. And it's alright. The art is pretty cool (though graphic novels aren't usually my thing), even if a bit dark/hard to tell what is supposed to be happening at times. The story is simplistic enough, and the ending is properly vague/cliffhanger-y to set itself up for several sequels if CMM & Co. so desire.
Pierce
A little cookie-cutter for my tastes but not a bad debut graphic novel for the former One Tree Hill star. The artists are all excellent but the fragmented storytelling style hurts the narrative. Would have loved to see each artist on individual chapters rather than seemingly interrupting each other. Still a solid book though and an interesting beginning.
Andrea
I am a fan of some graphic novels and I liked this one.. I think I would enjoy it more if Chad Michael Murray would just write it as a novel.. You need more of the story..all you get are fragments and are left wondering what happened before and after. WRITE A NOVEL!
Marielle Lien
I really liked this, although I want more of the story, I wish this had been a giant brick of a book, rather than a short one, because it really has epic potential.
I enjoyed the differences in the story and the artists, and the short story at the end was brilliant.
Megan
A great first GN for a new writer to the world of comics. Well done, the story was fresh and the character of Derek Everlast was well crafted. I will definitely be picking up more from Mr. Murray in the future if they are as interesting as Everlast.
Morgan
The book has a lot of potential, but it doesn't quite get there. It actually falls a little on the short side. More pages would have helped to develop the love story that is so central to what Everlast feels at the end of the story.
p_r_a_x_i_s
Kristy

Loves it! It's the end of the world, but someone's out there to save us ... Or at least, some of us. If you like dark stories with no happy ending in disturbing pictures, go with Everlast. Hope there's more coming.
Mandi
I don't like graphic novels. I didn't really enjoy this one either. I was only interested in it because Chad Michael Murray wrote it. I didn't even know it was a graphic novel until I got it from the library.
Matthew
I'd give this 3.5 if I could. I read this one for No Flying No Tights and you can read the review online here:

Tony
Apr 12, 2015 Tony rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Typical, nothing new or even very interesting. Did enjoy the changing art work, a different style for each perspective.
Craig
Idea isn't too bad, but the execution is pretty chaotic and the action is almost impossible to follow at times.
Christine Ferrant
Wish it was a full novel...great concept
Shaan Gill-ie
Shaan Gill-ie marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Hira
Hira marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
  • Siegfried (Siegfried, #1)
  • Iron King #4 (The Iron Fey Manga #4)
  • La célibataire
  • Blood Riders
  • The Strange Talent of Luther Strode
  • Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Volume 1
  • Tommysaurus Rex
  • Personal Demons (Hopeless, Maine, #1)
  • Assassin's Creed: Desmond
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Book IV
  • Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Volume 2: Dark Encounters
  • Black Summer
  • Philosophy: A Discovery in Comics
  • Blood Promise: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • Genius
  • An Elegy for Amelia Johnson
  • Angel: Aftermath (Volume 5)
Chad Michael Murray (born August 24, 1981) is an American actor, spokesperson and former fashion model. Murray is well known for portraying Lucas Scott in The CW young adult drama series One Tree Hill, in addition to the films A Cinderella Story, Freaky Friday and House of Wax.

Popular among teenagers and young adults, he has posed on the cover of numerous mainstream magazines, including Rolling St
More about Chad Michael Murray...
Phoenix (Everlast short # 2) Flight of the cormorant (Everlast short # 1) A Cinderella Story (Widescreen Edition)