Start by marking “Everlast” as Want to Read:
Everlast

Everlast

Cover by Scott Keating A pre-apocalyptic tale, Everlast follows Derek Everlast, a man whose destiny in life is guiding others to a place of rebirth for mankind called Haven. Following an instinct called the Nudge, bestowed on him by a higher power, Derek is guided to the next chosen human destined to survive, a little girl named Melissa. In a harrowing adventure, he must d ...more
Published December 27th 2011 by Archaia (first published June 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Everlast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everlast

Drea
Jan 05, 2012 Drea rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2012
Have to say it was better than what I expected, however, doesn't live up to the full potential. I'm would have liked to know more about the back-story and there def. needed to be more about him being in love. There were tiny, and I do mean tiny, hints but not enough to make me as a reader feel the ending.

As for the artwork--each illustrator is wonderful, but I don't know if having 4 different artists worked for me. It was quite jarring to switch from such drastic styles, especially from the car
Tiffany
Dec 12, 2011 Tiffany rated it really liked it
I bought the book based solely on the fact that I wanted to meet Chad Michael Murray but I have to say I actually liked the story and I'm not a graphic novel reader either.
The story follows a man, Derek Everlast, who is chosen to find a select amount of people that will be saved in an Eden like place at the center of the Earth called Haven. He's saved many people who have been chosen to go to Haven so far and is on to find a special one who is one of the "clocks", basically a person whom once is
Chadmmurray
Oct 24, 2012 Chadmmurray rated it it was amazing

it's the best book
enjoy reading it
Rachel
I randomly found this graphic novel in the library. I thought it had a cool premise so I checked it out. I liked how the book used 4 different main artists, but I don't know if that choice ultimately worked. I really loved the last style of artwork, the watercolor, and found myself wishing the whole book had been done in that style. I'm only giving the book two stars but I think certain readers would really like it. I think the flaws in the graphic novel were the various styles of artwork, some ...more
Carlos Pantaleón
Jan 30, 2015 Carlos Pantaleón rated it really liked it
Involving story, full of creativity, exceed my expectations.
Alyssa
May 31, 2013 Alyssa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jasper, Marc
I was really looking forward to reading this book! It's the first graphicnovel I ever read and I really enjoyed it. It was touching, exciting, loving, dangerous and dark. I fell in love with the characters right away.

(view spoiler)
Melissa
Oct 13, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing

This is the first graphic novel I have ever read. I have been a fan of Chad Michael Murray for a while now. I watched him on One Tree Hill, in a Cinderella Story, and in Freaky Friday. I received an autographed copy of the book in the mail. I liked the story and the illustrations were incredible. The book is about Derek Everlast, whose mission in life, is to find the chosen people and protect them from the End of Days. I also love the fact that one of the characters in the book is named Melissa
Jibran
Feb 26, 2012 Jibran rated it liked it
Guess this is my first legit review of a Graphic Novel. Let's keep it simple and evolve it as time goes by?

Artwork: 4/5-> This book has a grand total of 5 different artists, 4 of which are considered primary? I didn't have much a gripe with them for their work was truly magnificent. The rating is due to the occasional chaotic scene in which I simply could not interpret.

Characters: 3/5 -> Um...Stravos is cool? Everlast (The MC) seems a tad bit depressing?

Plot: 3/5 -> Enter Everlast....I
Connor Sheridan
Apr 01, 2012 Connor Sheridan rated it it was ok
This graphic novel is about a man named everlast who knows the end of the world is coming. He and a small group of people must find a handful of nearperfect humans who will be transported to Eden and preserved to start the world anew. While I thought this was a very interesting plot, the author decided to leave it wrapped up instead of fleshing it out. The dialogue between characters was almost painful, and the ending concluded nothing. Five artists were asked to lend their talents to this book, ...more
Chekerra G
Feb 07, 2017 Chekerra G rated it it was amazing
I liked it. I think the illustration was really good and the story line was interesting.
Lukáš Pokorný
Dec 27, 2015 Lukáš Pokorný rated it liked it
Průměrná urban fantasy akce, která není na začínajícího scénáristu úplně zlá. Je celkem cítit, že Murray je hodně ovlivněný osmdesátkovými a časně devadesátkovými komiksovými řežbami a nejspíš i Gaimanem. Nevyhnul se ale několika ohraným klisché a postavy se občas nechovaly příliš logicky.
Na tom by měl autor ještě zapracovat, pokud se chce dnes svou tvorbou prosadit. Kresba je přinejmenším zajímavá, jak se prostřídávají různí umělci pro zdůraznění perspektivy vyprávění. Graficky je to v podstat
Janine Shelton
Dec 21, 2011 Janine Shelton rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-books
When I first discovered that Chad Michael Murray was going to be at NY Comic Con, I had to know why. Then when I found out he had written a graphic novel, I was intrigued. I had to see what it turned out like. I mean...it's Chad Michael Murray. I was pleasantly surprised with EVERLAST though. The idea that the art looks different depending on which character's viewpoint you're getting was interesting. I liked that. All-in-all, not bad. The story is pretty good too.
Andrea Arbit
Nov 24, 2013 Andrea Arbit rated it liked it
I read this because I loved CMM in One Tree Hill and totally had a high school crush on him back in the day. And it's alright. The art is pretty cool (though graphic novels aren't usually my thing), even if a bit dark/hard to tell what is supposed to be happening at times. The story is simplistic enough, and the ending is properly vague/cliffhanger-y to set itself up for several sequels if CMM & Co. so desire.
Pierce
Aug 17, 2012 Pierce rated it liked it
A little cookie-cutter for my tastes but not a bad debut graphic novel for the former One Tree Hill star. The artists are all excellent but the fragmented storytelling style hurts the narrative. Would have loved to see each artist on individual chapters rather than seemingly interrupting each other. Still a solid book though and an interesting beginning.
Megan
Feb 19, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
A great first GN for a new writer to the world of comics. Well done, the story was fresh and the character of Derek Everlast was well crafted. I will definitely be picking up more from Mr. Murray in the future if they are as interesting as Everlast.
Kristy
Nov 25, 2012 Kristy rated it really liked it

Loves it! It's the end of the world, but someone's out there to save us ... Or at least, some of us. If you like dark stories with no happy ending in disturbing pictures, go with Everlast. Hope there's more coming.
Dave
Jan 28, 2016 Dave rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2016
I was into the premise and initial mood but soon the wheels fell off the story. The payoffs didn't pay. Artwork, of course, is important and I don't like when I have to squint to know what is happening in a frame. Who is shooting whom? Where did X go? Who are these figures?
Andrea
Sep 26, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I am a fan of some graphic novels and I liked this one.. I think I would enjoy it more if Chad Michael Murray would just write it as a novel.. You need more of the story..all you get are fragments and are left wondering what happened before and after. WRITE A NOVEL!
Jason
By the time I started getting the world and the characters, it was over. we just get dropped into this story with very little explanation and it goes by so fast, you don't really get a chance to connect with any of it.
James
Jan 05, 2013 James rated it really liked it
Morgan
Dec 06, 2011 Morgan rated it liked it
The book has a lot of potential, but it doesn't quite get there. It actually falls a little on the short side. More pages would have helped to develop the love story that is so central to what Everlast feels at the end of the story.
Jen Ifer's Inklings
I picked this book based solely on the author. I don't typical read graphic novels, and this has little of a religious and dark aspect. However, I really enjoyed it. I liked the concept of the story. And I need more.
Mandi
Aug 29, 2013 Mandi rated it liked it
I don't like graphic novels. I didn't really enjoy this one either. I was only interested in it because Chad Michael Murray wrote it. I didn't even know it was a graphic novel until I got it from the library.
Marielle Lien
Jan 09, 2013 Marielle Lien rated it really liked it
I really liked this, although I want more of the story, I wish this had been a giant brick of a book, rather than a short one, because it really has epic potential.
I enjoyed the differences in the story and the artists, and the short story at the end was brilliant.
Mallory
Feb 10, 2015 Mallory rated it liked it
This is the first graphic novel I've ever read so I'm not sure how it compares to others. Comics aren't really my thing and that is what it reminded me of. The story itself wasn't bad. A little rushed but that could be a common thing in graphic novels.
Christine Ferrant
Jan 22, 2013 Christine Ferrant rated it really liked it
Wish it was a full novel...great concept
Karen Faith
Mar 22, 2015 Karen Faith rated it it was ok
Actual Rating = 2 stars
Matthew
Feb 03, 2013 Matthew rated it liked it
I'd give this 3.5 if I could. I read this one for No Flying No Tights and you can read the review online here:

Craig
Feb 10, 2012 Craig rated it it was ok
Idea isn't too bad, but the execution is pretty chaotic and the action is almost impossible to follow at times.
David Townsend
Mar 04, 2014 David Townsend rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Interesting Art and layout, story... not so much.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Julie Kagawa's: The Iron King the graphic novel
  • Siegfried (Siegfried, #1)
  • La Célibataire
  • Blood Riders
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 7)
  • Personal Demons (Hopeless, Maine, #1A)
  • Genius
  • Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Volume 1
  • The Strange Talent of Luther Strode
  • Desmond (Assassin's Creed, #1)
  • Sisters at War (Carbon Grey #1)
  • The Gift of Trouble Sight (Billy Fog #1)
  • Totenblick
  • Primeval: Extinction Event
  • SignLanguage
  • Shaman Warrior, Vol. 1
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Book IV (TMNT, #4)
  • Black Summer
Chad Michael Murray (born August 24, 1981) is an American actor, spokesperson and former fashion model. Murray is well known for portraying Lucas Scott in The CW young adult drama series One Tree Hill, in addition to the films A Cinderella Story, Freaky Friday and House of Wax.

Popular among teenagers and young adults, he has posed on the cover of numerous mainstream magazines, including Rolling St
More about Chad Michael Murray...