Start by marking “The New How to Study Your Bible: Discover the Life-Changing Approach to God's Word” as Want to Read:

Bestselling author Kay Arthur's inductive study method and her bestselling book How to Study Your Bible has helped more than 675,000 people discover the truth of God's Word for themselves. With a fresh look and new material, this dynamic guide invites readers of all levels of Bible literacy and learning to dive deeper into God's promises.

The Precept method cultivates the s
Published September 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The New How to Study Your Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New How to Study Your Bible

Apr 19, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I moved this to read even though I have it on my desk and refer to if often. This will be a book I continue to read and re-read. There are a lot of tools in this book and I would not be capable of implementing them all at once. It is easy to read and understand. As a benefit to us, she put all her study formats in 1 easy to read book. Thank you Kay!
Jon
Sep 02, 2013 Jon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, owned
Excellent starting point for developing your Bible study. There are some very good tools and principles to follow. At times her specific techniques are a bit tedious and her tone makes it sounds as though the only right way to study your Bible is exactly her way. Also, there are an excessive number of plugs for additional resources developed by the author and publisher. This was probably added by the editor instead of the author, but its still annoying.
Jonathan
Dec 23, 2012 Jonathan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This an excellent book to learn how to study your Bible inductively. This is my third time reading it and I am currently using it as a guide for my Sunday School class. The only thing better than this book, is actually sitting in a class with Kay Arthur or a trained instructor.

The essential message is that to truly discover and understand the Word of God you need to be led by the Holy Spirit and approach the text objectively. Kay walks through a method, and she admits that it is just a method if
Chris Colyer
I rated this book a three because I found a lot of the main part of this book felt like a sales pitch. There where several footnotes all which pointed you to purchase another book by the same authors. Also while it might be enjoyed by others I found the author seemed to encourage the reader in a grade school teachers way.

The content of the book as far as teaching the method of study however was great. It really takes someone who may just read the bible and can build a foundation to grow from
Cynthia
It's okay. There are some good exercises which force you to think about what you are reading and what the Bible is saying.
Jan
Since it's a workbook I refer to it fairly often. Love that they added structuring help since I'm terrible at that.
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2014
Jen Eoff
Jen Eoff rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Rose
Rose rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2015
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
£L£NA ßL¥TH£
£L£NA ßL¥TH£ rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2014
Tawana
Tawana rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Jinna
Jinna rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2013
Debra Moorer
Debra Moorer rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2013
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Karla Isbell
Karla Isbell rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Seung-Jong Baek
Seung-Jong Baek rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Verna Brady
Verna Brady rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2016
Dena Stirling
Dena Stirling rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2017
Mary Hirschey
Mary Hirschey rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Bill Summers
Bill Summers rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2013
Amy Kelly
Amy Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
Randall
Randall rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Kenny B
Kenny B rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • 5 Minutes with Jesus
  • Spiritual Mothering
  • From God To Us: How We Got Our Bible
  • Moody Handbook of Theology
  • How to Act Right When Your Spouse Acts Wrong
  • Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave: Finding Hope in the Power of the Gospel
  • A Lifelong Love: What If Marriage Is about More Than Just Staying Together?
  • Lit!: A Christian Guide to Reading Books
  • Living By the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible
  • Appointments with Heaven: The True Story of a Country Doctor's Healing Encounters with the Hereafter
  • Be Free (Galatians): Exchange Legalism for True Spirituality
  • Can I Know God's Will? (Crucial Questions, #4)
  • God Rest Ye Merry: Why Christmas Is the Foundation for Everything
  • Complete Financial Guide For Young Couples (Christian Financial Concept)
  • Total Church: A Radical Reshaping Around Gospel and Community
  • War of Words: Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles
  • The Holy Spirit
  • The Gospel for Muslims: An Encouragement to Share Christ with Confidence
Kay Arthur (born November 11, 1933 in Jackson, Michigan) is an international Bible teacher, four-time ECPA Christian Book Award winning author, and co-CEO of Precept Ministries International. Kay has systematized studying the Bible, developing a set of steps to follow so as to "mine" the details of the given book under study. Being systematized, it is accessible to lay persons, rather than scholar ...more
More about Kay Arthur...