Start by marking “The Raw Truth” as Want to Read:
The Raw Truth

The Raw Truth

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Raw is not a fad. This is real. Find out why.
Published 2010 by Garden of Life

Great for beginners. This isn't a book about fruits & veggies. It's not an extremist treatise on vegetarianism guilting you and telling you that you need to deprive yourself (author isn't vegetarian, but promotes healthy, fatty--yes I said fatty--meats and raw dairy). Chapters highlight the necessity of vitamin D from the sun, the importance of healthy gut flora (and the epidemic of dysbiosis and the multitude of diseases it causes/contributes to), juicing, cleansing, cultured/fermented food ...more
Chana
I don't mind that Jordan Rubin advertises his vitamin line product throughout this book. I am an easy sell. Half way through the book I went out and bought the whole line of products!
Just kidding! But, laugh at me if you want, I did buy his women's 50 and wiser multi-vitamin, and I am happy with it. It is a quality supplement. I would buy more of his products but I don't have the money, alas, so I will just have to juice my parsley and crunch my carrots. I found the book inspiring and interestin
Jodi
This isn't a genuine book, it is an ad for Garden of Life products. There is no subtlety in how the products are recommended whatsover. It is really a product brochure, with a few interesting facts added.

Although experts such as Mary Enig and Dr Weston Price are mentioned and help up as heroes in the nutrition field (which they are), it is misleading to imply that they agree either with the author's dietary recommendations nor the use of Garden of Life supplements, they absolutely would and do n
Heidi
I'm glad that I was warned about this book before I started it. I knew that it was an advertisement. Jordan Rubin covers each of his new Garden of Life products and why you should use them. It wasn't quite what I had in mind... However, I did enjoy the recipes in the back of the book. I tried the pasta sauce this evening. (It was quite spicy...!) I also enjoyed how for each section of the book he spoke of a scientist who had researched that particular topic.

If you are not seriously into the RAW
Sean Casey
the entire book is an advertisement
the only reason it gets any stars is because some of the biographical information on the "health legends" is nice, but everything is just an ad for different garden of life products. the second star is because well, i already was using most of the products and like them and i guess maybe more people need to start using them. but i was kinda hoping for more indepth information.

bunch of good recipes though and hey its a free book, so i shouldnt have been expectin
Karen
Yes, this is one big advertisement. And, yes, this book is chock full of fabulous information. Many highly educated doctors, health gurus, and health pioneers that have spent a lifetime studying what healthy food actually is are talked about in this book. If you can look beyond the advertisements, there is a wealth of information packed in this book. Also, there are included recipes and a buyer's resource guide in the back. I actually enjoyed this book.
Courtney
This is a marketing book published by Garden of Life. I got the book for basically free. Yes, it has their products mentioned and recommended in it. It also has a lot of good basic information on eating a raw diet and the nutrition of such. It also has a resource directory in the back and mentions several experts throughout the book and in a section at the end, which makes for great starting points to go to in order to learn more.
Kayla Caperoon
Yes, this is an advertisement-- what do you expect from a free book?

However, it really is a good resource. It has a lot of information on raw dieting, great for those just becoming interested in a raw diet. It also has awesome recipes and an amazing list of resources for raw food supplies.

I picked up several copies of it for myself and a few friends who were looking into raw diets. Why not, it was free!
Skyqueen
Easy to read. Educational. Right to the point. Broken down into 2-3 page sections for different health topics like: probiotics, protein, etc., with the light, history of who started or discovered the benefits of that area as it pertains to our optimal health. Lots of good recipes and SOURCES for RAW foods and products. Not overwhelming, but very doable to change your lifestyle and become a healthier you.
Lisa
Apr 17, 2011 Lisa marked it as to-read
I just got this book for free at my local health food store. I couldn't believe they were giving it away free! yay! free books! I am also really interested in the raw food diet. I don't think I want to go completely raw, but I would like to incorporate it into my lifestyle at least a little, so I am pretty excited to read this book.
Carrie
This is basically a big advertisement for all the garden for life products. However, there is lots of other very good information in it. Moreover, i' ve used several garden for life products and they are great products. Also, there's a detox program, nutritional plan, and lots of recipes that make this book worth holding onto.
Cameron
I had much more appreciation for this book after attending a seminar by the author. I'm trying hard to incorporate more raw foods into my diet. Worth a read!
Lori
I'm loving this book, it like it's written in a language I totally get. Trying to sneak more raw foods into my family's diet.
Margaret
3 stars for the information, -2 for the advertisement of his supplements!
Karlyn
Despite the advertisements in this book (it was free, what can I say?), it was filled with a plethora of resourceful (and very timely for me..) information from some of the most amazing health experts in the world. I found so much of the information in this book to be personally useful and beneficial.
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Lisa H
Lisa H is currently reading it
Dec 08, 2014
Darrell Clevenger ii
Darrell Clevenger ii marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Kristen Davis
Kristen Davis marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Cindi
Cindi marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Krittle Belle
Krittle Belle marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bone aliments 1 1 Sep 12, 2014 12:19PM
The Maker's Diet Patient Heal Thyself: A Remarkable Health Program Combining Ancient Wisdom with Groundbreaking Clinical Research The Great Physician's RX for Health & Wellness: Seven Keys to Unlock Your Health Potential Restoring Your Digestive Health:: How The Guts And Glory Program Can Transform Your Life The Maker's Diet Daily Reminders