Start by marking “Secrets of the Clans (Warriors Field Guide Series)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Clans (Warriors Field Guide Series)

Secrets of the Clans (Warriors: Field Guide)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,186 Ratings  ·  132 Reviews
Now the truth can be revealed

Look within to find:

An insiders' tour of the Clan camps and territories.

The histories and characters of each Clan, and information about their leaders and medicine cats.

An
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published May 29th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Clans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of the Clans

Amy
Nov 04, 2009 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-erin-hunter
Jack
May 15, 2011 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
This book was AMAZING! I absolutely loved it - it's definitely my favourite of the field guides. It's interesting and full of great, varied information. It covers loads of different things that I didn't already know and is generally really, really interesting to read. I love the mini-stories in the field guides and can regularly go back to read them in my free time rather than a long book. I also find the pictures in the field guides GREAT and the quality of them is excellent.

For more informatio
Steven
Mar 17, 2010 Steven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is really cool! It tells you background information on all 4 Clans as well as other cats and animals too. I especially liked the part where it showed all the herbs the medicine cats use, and I like how the book was written as if you were a cat touring the forest. Only problem is it doesn't go into the other clans as much as ThunderClan.
Alexa
Oct 08, 2012 Alexa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting and informative guide to the warriors books and really explained a lot of things. If you've read the warriors series, this would definitely be a good read for you. However, if you haven't or you haven't made it through The New Prophecy series, wait until you have because there are tons of spoilers.
Maggie
Mar 21, 2009 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Warriors lovers
Wow! I LOVED this book--it told me all I didn't know about the Warriors series--various myths and battle moves.

I love the effect that there were different stories that were told by various cats.

Read only if you've read the first two series of Warriors!
Starry
Mar 09, 2009 Starry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is pretty good, actually.
Nice and informative, although there are a few mistakes.
But every book has mistakes, correct?
Camille
Aug 21, 2014 Camille rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets of the Clans is book that gives you stories not told in the Warrior Cats books. It is set throughout Warrior Cats and Warriors: The New Prophecy. So, only read this book if you have read those series.

I found this interesting and fun. I especially loved the short stories from other cats (such as Yellowfang and Braveheart) as you found out things you could have never found out in the novels and if you did it wouldn't have very much detail.

There were also brief summaries of the other cats
Ginny Churchill
May 28, 2009 Ginny Churchill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The exciting behind the scenes of the warriors saga. If you love warriors you'll love this!!
Eris
this book did spoil a few things but I was fine with it
JJ
Jan 01, 2008 JJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cat/fantasy fans
Shelves: cat_books, fantasy
Sep 18, 2009 Zoya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ok
annik
перевод

Первый котовоенный филдгайд в русском издании. Красивое дополнение к книгам первых двух циклов с картиночками и пояснениями относительно некоторых моментов из книг. Истории о котах, о Звездных предках, кошачьей иерархии, даже есть разделы с основными лечебными травками и боевыми приемами. Рай для любителей котиков Хантер.

Я получила долю удовольствия от этого издания, но оно показалось слишком уж детским. Да-да, помню, котовоены – для среднего школьного. И все же — эти попытки вовлечь чита
Caden Boehme
Apr 03, 2014 Caden Boehme rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good, but I think that it changed its topic too often. Although it changed topic too often, this book really helped me understand the first series. I'm only 10, and I don't follow story lines too well, but this book helped a lot. I've only read Warriors 1-6, Firestar's Quest, and Bluestar's Propfecy. But I'm about to start reading The New Prophecy, I'm just hoping not to much is different.
Dolly
Sep 20, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle grade readers
This is another Warriors Field Guides by the group of women who use the pseudonym Erin Hunter. The narratives were interesting, but they were very scattered and all over the place in time. It didn't really make a lot of sense, and it seemed to me that it comprised bits of narrative that just never made it to one of the books in the various series.

Still, our youngest is determined to read every book in the Warriors Universe and I plan to read them right along with her. The stories are entertaini
Melanie Craig

I'm glad I was able to get some inside information about the books, but I don't think it's worth the money.
Luke Osmon
Sep 29, 2014 Luke Osmon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I recommend this to every cat lover and good or long book reader. I think it's a good book to read.
Cecilia Leber
It was a nice book and refresher, but it is a little inaccurate after reading some of the later books.
Books 4 Life
I sat around reading this all day, and some of the stories in it are exciting, sad, it just has everything!
Shae
Dec 07, 2015 Shae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
IT was amazing to see all secrets of the clan
Serra Kimsey
Sep 28, 2014 Serra Kimsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was helpful
Sam
Now the truth can be revealed

Look within to find:

Prophecies and omens, and how they have been fulfilled.

And many more truths about the secrets, beliefs, and daily lives of the cats of the Clans.
cori
Dec 30, 2015 cori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it
Samantha Wing
Jan 21, 2014 Samantha Wing rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book explains all of the clans including the star clan. It's so mysterious I got confused a couple of times
Anna
Dec 14, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Easy and enjoyable read. The stories are narrated by different cats, and that gives them lively casual style, and each narrator has its own unmistakable voice. I loved the humor, like Sandstorm's line to Dappletail "Don’t you have an apprentice to torment?" Most stories just retell the events of books from point of view of certain cats, but some of them are real gems, like Yellowfang's and Barley's backstories. I also liked legends about Gtreat Clans of the past.
Setsanata
Oct 17, 2008 Setsanata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kitkat
Oct 18, 2010 Kitkat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cats
I liked this book because it gave better descriptions of the clans camps and some individual cats feeling of their clans. It helps you become less biased in my opinion. This book has the warior cat myths, history, and lots more. One of the things I found interesting was what herbs did and some stories about StarClan. If you have not read the first series warrior books before this, this book would be a spoiler.
Bessie
Jan 31, 2013 Bessie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
At first books like this were really really boring. But as I read more and more warrior books, the more I loved these books. Once I found this book, I had to have it! It showed me the warrior code, the herbs and battle moves. I fell in love with it and made a goal to memorize the herbs and their purposes. Like, cobwebs for bleeding, and borage for fever and queens. Easy! Highly recommend this book!
Laurie
Sydney Snyder
Sep 25, 2014 Sydney Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading the untold stories.
Yellowfang: Do you agree on her love with Raggedstar? 3 7 May 06, 2015 04:46AM
warriors club: warriors trivia 1 1 Apr 17, 2013 05:01PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Secrets of the Clans 3 5 Sep 13, 2012 03:56PM
  • Exile (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #14)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • The Outlaw Varjak Paw
  • Guardian Cats and the Lost Books of Alexandria
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: Field Guide (5 books)
  • Cats of the Clans (Warriors Field Guide)
  • Code of the Clans (Warriors Field Guide)
  • Battles of the Clans (Warriors: Field Guide)
  • Warriors: The Ultimate Guide

“Tallstar stiffened and his neck fur bristled. 'Windclan was driven from the forest once,' he hissed. 'Never again. Our territory is ours, and we'll fight for it. Is Thunderclan with us?” 97 likes
“I would not have survived that dark time if it weren't for Cloudtail. He gave me another destiny, and I knew that no matter what I looked like, I would be all right. As long as Cloudtail loved me, I was no longer Lostface, but Brightheart.” 8 likes