Start by marking “Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles #1)
Read eBook* *Different edition

Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  552 ratings  ·  40 reviews
When tall, dark, and mysterious Chaseyn Lear arrives in the small town of Evergreen, Colorado, high school senior Lia Jameson’s life is turned upside-down. An unexpected twist of fate unravels a long-time family curse that puts Lia in the center of a supernatural drama and threatens her life.
Published December 22nd 2010 by Smashwords (first published November 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Breathless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathless

Angel Charms
I really really regret reading this awful book. (Can I give this book negative stars?) I wouldn't have wasted writing review for this book, but I have to warn people off. I thought MC in Fallen Angel was bad...but she was nothing compared to MC in this book. Ugh...she didn't have one (atleast one) redeeming quality..nope not even one. She is selfish, coward, fickle on. And the dark and mysterious hero comes off creepy (atleast in the beginning). He was okay towards the end though. He ...more
Kristi-The Book Faery
My First Thoughts: Lovely girl, non-traditional family and supernatural hunk of unknown origin blows into town to sweep lovely girl off her feet with his devastating smile and extreme charm and worldly knowledge of all things. WRONG!

My Review: Lia Jameson, Cordelia actually, is a senior in high school. For the past month or so she is so plagued by disturbing dreams that she’s become sleep deprived. On the negative side, her grades are dropping but on the positive side her looks are improving bec
Paula Griffith
I wanted to read this because I was pleasantly surprised with Amanda Hockings books; however, this story seems a little disjointed. Lia is enamored with Chaseyn, and they become a couple. Her mother accepts Chaseyn...almost a little too easily, which was a little creepy. Grandma comes to visit and puts the evil eye on Chaseyn then tells Lia about a family curse thinking that Chaseyn has something to do with it. When Grandma leaves, she fakes an accident and gets Lia to come out to Amarillo for s ...more
This book actually had a decent storyline. Unfortunately I found it slow in so many places. Truthfully I feel this book just needs a good editing. I read the ebook and the main female character Lia says the main male character's name in an early chapter and I was wondering how she knew his name. Then in a later chapter Heather Hudak has Lia discover Chaseyn's name for the first time (but really it was the second time- just an error but very distracting for the reader.) I also feel the characters ...more
Horrible. I will never put a book down half way through, but I was incredibly tempted with this one!!
-- may contain *slight* spoilers --

I bought this book from amazon because i was heading on a long journey and needed something to read, and with it's cheap price (just 0.70!) so for me, it was a win-win situation (plus it was recommended for me). I must admit, however, i didn't finish the book.

However, if you like Twilight (hardcore Twi-fan!) you will love this book. It is well written and the storyline flows quite well, the plot itself (and characters) in my opinion wrecked the book. Which is a
This is like the poor man's version of Twilight. Girl meets boy, girl and boy fall madly in love, boy turns out to be a vampire...kind of. Hudak manages to through in old Vlad though so there's a bit of a twist. Cordelia or Lia as she likes to be called seems to have no clue to the whole Dracula myth though...I'm like what? EVERYBODY knows about Dracula! Lia fits most of the other young, female main characters...beautiful, naive, a bit immature and a little brainless (though not as brainless as ...more
Mar 25, 2011 Emily added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Emily by:
Shelves: waste-of-time
I have read some terrible books, and I would definitely add this into that category. I find this book trite and redundant. I have found many grammatical errors, as well which makes me wonder what was going on in the editing department.

It seems to me that Hudak was trying for the next "Twilight" series. The teenage angst is stifling, and the love story silly. In fact, I don't have enough adjectives in my vocabulary to describe how much I detest this book.
Sierra Randall
Liesl Takle
Having read other reviews saying this story was just Twilight re-written I started reading this book prepared for repetition.I was pleasantly surprised to find it was not just a re-write but had a great number of differences.

The concept of this story was good and I enjoyed most of the supporting characters.

I do have one major problem with this book. I know it is probably a matter of perspective as I am a middle aged woman reading a YA book but what was going on with the lead character???

I have
Kate Hinderer
I am a fan of Twilight - not a die hard crazy fan, but I think the plot is interesting and it certainly captures your attention. As a result, I tend to read Twilight-style books often - you know the ones with modern Vampires who fall in love with adorable humans. My only problem with this genre is the fact that so many of the books read more like fan fiction than an original idea.

Breathless (The Cordelia Chronicles) is one such fan fiction book. It rehashes the story of the adorable, totally ama
Well this one took me a bit longer to read than most. I liked the story line, but it didn't really catch my attention until the 21st chapter. The writing was stiff and often too wordy in places. Most of the characters were sugary sweet which had my internal voice screaming "LAME!!" several times. When we finally get to see the villain he comes off as more of a psychotic stalker than anything else. Some of the "traits" for Chaseyn are contradictory with him being half of one thing & half of a ...more
Um... I'm glad it's not just my imagination that this book is basically Twilight slightly edited because other reviewers are saying the same thing. Because it is. Except that the heroine is much, much more annoying and unlikable than Bella ever was. I seriously wanted to reach into the book and slap her the first time she refused to talk to Chaseyn and threw hysterics because he dissapeared from school for, like, three whole hours right after he kissed her and basically told her that he cared ab ...more
Oct 31, 2014 Angel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angel by: Bella Marie
It was a good book. To say it was the best, well, I’d be lying. But for .99 cents, I was entertained. I enjoy books with more dialouge, rather than just telling what happens or describing a character. I like for it to brought to life through dialect.

I was a bit off put by the mysterious boy, I found him creepy rather than mysterious. They seemed to have a happy-go-lucky kind of relationship until his history is revealed. I enjoyed the back story of Chaseyn, and the curse that’s brought upon poor
Nora Villarreal
Quick, easy read. Another YA paranormal romance, but honestly, if you're a fan of the genre like I am then you can't get enough of them. I loved the characters and the relationship between Chaseyn and Lia drives you to keep turning the pages. The only thing that started to bug me was how bratty Lia could be sometimes....taking off running when she would hear something she didn't like got annoying. Also there were several typos and grammatical errors. But all in all I loved it and am looking forw ...more
I have read quite a few YA books and have liked them, but this one not so much.

The characters seemed to be lacking in personality and were just uninteresting to me. The story seemed to drag in certain areas as well. I basically HAD to make myself keep reading hoping the book would get better, but it never happened. The 'gasping' every time Lia shed a drop of blood was annoying.

Some people might find this book interesting, but it just wasn't for me.

Book Hollow
Adriane I'm a little conflicted about this book, I was definitely waffling between 3 and 4 stars. Because I enjoyed the book, buuuut there were some parts I didn't really enjoy. It has some cliched parts, the love at first sight business, the girl of destiny part. It's firmly in 3 stars because it was pretty enjoyable to read, and it was fairly well written. So if you're in the mood for a YA paranormal romance, go for it, you won't be disappointed because it is exactly that.
Rebecca McKinnon
WARNING: This book contains vampires. That may not bother you, but since I chose to read this book specifically because it was one of the few I was looking at that did not include vamps in the summary, I wasn't thrilled. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-vamp, I just wanted something DIFFERENT to read.

Other than that, the book was good. I enjoyed it; I'll read the others as they come out....
A twist on Stephanie Meyer's Twilight. When I first started reading it I was kind of bummed that it seemed to be a lot like Twilight, but as the plot developed (slowly) I actually got really into it. Not my favorite book, but it was interesting enough to finish. I'm not sure if I'll read any more in the series. It just depends on how interesting the summary sounds.
Far too slow and predictable. The descriptions of people, places and events just failed to paint a picture that I could get into. Being 40, I rightly struggle with high school drama unless it's very well done and contains a story line that isn't obvious. If your much younger give it a go, you might find it's a nice light read.
Didnt even make it a 1/4 of the way through before I couldnt take anymore. The main character is too needy and clingy. The main guy character is creepy, not dashing or a smooth talker that is usually in paranormal romance books. Its just too sickly sweet and annoying.
D.J. Weaver
Althought this plot has been done before, Ms. Hudak did this one with a twist. Good characterization, good editing, unforseen twists that keep you turning pages, easy to read...I liked it. Hope there will be a sequel to this one.
This book was amazing. the story between Lia and Chasian is amazing. Eli ANOYS ME TO NO END, i mean why would you go after a girl you know is takin thats really horrible!!! the story with Alexi is amazing and frost is bad ass!
Amazing. The characters I thought were amazing every page was filled with something new and exciting, I could not put this book down after I started it.
Heather C. Hudack I hope is working on a second book now!!!
Can not wait!!
I though this book was very well written.You come to know and love all the characters! I just could not put it down and so I read it all in one day!I can not wait for the second installment to come out! Love it!
I really enjoyed this book, although there were some odd points that made me go "huh?". I'm excited to read the second one. Curious to see where this series is going to go.
This book was so good...kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The whole romance story line was very good as well..I hated whenever I had to put it down.
Michelle Villanti
Not a deep plot- nor super original- but certainly entertaining enough for a quick read. I liked the characters enough to speed thru it am going to read the next one....
Well its very similar to the other types of books in this genre. Had nice twists and turns though. Overall it was okay and it was only .99c
Eli, who likes him and why? 2 5 Jun 21, 2011 04:08PM
Eli, who likes him and why? 1 4 Jun 19, 2011 09:31AM
  • Bird Song (Grace, #2)
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • Fallen Angel
  • Emerald Destiny (The Enchanters, #2)
  • Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)
  • Sam I Am (October Trilogy, #1)
  • Shattered (Dream Realms Trilogy, #1)
  • Fallen Blood (The Fallen, #1)
  • Heroes 'Til Curfew (Talent Chronicles, #2)
  • Broken Wings (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #2)
  • Breathless/Deathless 2 Book Set (The Blue Fire Saga, #1-2)
  • Immortal (Immortal, #1)
  • Blood of Silver (Seeker, #2)
  • Wiccan (Wiccan, #1)
  • Equilibrium (Portal Chronicles, #2)
  • Called by Blood (The Faustin Bros., #1)
  • Guardian Vampire
  • Found (Lost #2)
Heather C. Hudak has worked as a professional writer for more than a decade. She began her career as a journalist with a small northern newspaper, before working as a movie critic for an entertainment magazine. When she arrived at work one day and the doors were locked, she started a new chapter in children's book publishing. For eight years, Heather developed and wrote dozens of books, and she ed ...more
More about Heather C. Hudak...

The Cordelia Chronicles (2 books)
  • Wanderlust