Start by marking “How to Engage an Earl” as Want to Read:
How to Engage an Earl

How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  424 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The last thing the Earl of MacLaren wants is a wife, so when he awakens to discover a fair-haired enchantress at the foot of his bed, he behaves as any man might by taking full advantage of the delicious situation. Then his family bursts in, and the chit brazenly announces that she is his betrothed. So he finds himself well on his way to being legshackled for life!

Beautifu
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published June 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about How to Engage an Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Engage an Earl

Brianne
Because I read the first book, I snagged the second in the series from interlibrary loan. I read it in about 2 hours, but didn't seriously read it, mostly skimming. It didn't really catch my interest. The "mystery" is very weak and in this book, the male protagonist is weak as well.

I'm debating whether or not to waste my time with the final book in the series. I think I'll live if I never read another book by this author.
Vicky
Me ha gustado mucho! ...Solo hubiera deseado haber leído primero "Cómo seducir a un Duque", aunque me pareció que no es necesario que se lea primero ya que cada uno de los libros cuenta por separado la historia de una de las hermanas Royle.

En "Cómo atrapar a un Conde" conocemos la historia de Anne una chica que al parecer pasa desapercibida ante los ojos de cualquiera y al libertino Laird Conde de MacLaren que no desea otra cosa más que su reputación quede limpia. Ambos quedan atrapados en un c
Sara ♥
This book was cute. I loved the first chapter.

I found this on Amazon:

"Reticent and clearly "invisible" next to her vibrant siblings, Anne Royle sneaks into the bedroom of the Earl of MacLaren Laird Allan in search of letters that will prove she and her sisters have royal connections. MacLaren awakens and immediately assumes the beauty is here for a tryst. As he takes advantage of her seduction, his family charges into the room as if the devil is chasing them. They demand an explanation; Anne im
Hannah
An amusing story, though I quite dislike how all the big, strong, handsome men always turn out to have some Scottish in them. I mean, really, "Laird"? This one definitely reads like a contemporary romance, so if you're scared off by the "regency" label, don't be. There's very little Regency in there at all; the way the characters interact gives you the feeling that they're play-acting Regency society, rather than being part of it. If you're a stickler for historical details and are offended by a ...more
April
This was a really fun read!! Anne had me cracking up most of the time! It is a bit formula but still very enjoyable. The mystery behind the girl birth is kinda confusing.

I really liked the beginning of the story it was very amusing especially Anne sneaking in the bedchamber and getting caught! Plenty of steamy scenes to keep it interesting!

Now that I started the series I feel like I need to finish and that means I need to pick up the last book!
Lori
Fun and easy to read romance.

Laird and Anne become engaged temporarily to avoid a scandal from her being caught in his room. She wants to use this to find documents surrounding her parentage. He want to use this to show his desired spouse that he has changed. Little do they realize how this fake engagement will impact them and their families
E. R.
Just like with the previous one, I skimmed through this book. I didn't relate to Laird Allan, the hero. In fact, I rather liked Laird's friend, Viscount Apsley, more than Laird. Anne Royle is a great heroine, but her other half didn't cut it for me.

Overall, I liked Mary's (the first sister) book better than this one.
More like 3.5* I liked this book more than the first. The characters were fun and engaging and I really believed their love story. Very cute. I am definitely looking forward to the next book.
ChloeLeeNH
Nice little mystery going on with this trilogy. But I sort of wish it would wrap up quicker but of course, that is part of the whole plot right LOL? On to the next one!
Denise
I really enjoyed this one. Even though I didn't care for the first book in the series, the mystery made me curious enough to read this one and to go looking for the third one.
Lisa
Second book in a trilogy and was disappointing. It still had some funny parts, as the Royle sisters definitely get into trouble in Regency London, but it was missing something.
M
Nice quick read - there were a few bits of the story, at the very end, that I was slightly confused by, but perhaps I missed something (was reading while nursing).
Patty
A story about three sisters trying to find the truth to there birth and falling in love along the way.

Royle Sisters Trilogy, 2
Lois
Excruciating. Couldn't finish it. Horrible dialog. Clunky plot. Dreadful love scenes.
Ana
This is an engaging book that has humor, romance and adventure in equal measures.
Lady Heather
I enjoyed this book, but it wasn't as good as the first book.
Welzen
Es una historia muy sencilla y agradable de leer, y nada más.
Vmontgzz
Me gusto más que la anterior de la serie.
Melisabel González
Melisabel González is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2015
Alyisa
Alyisa added it
Apr 04, 2015
Zane
Zane marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 10:14AM
  • To Tame a Dangerous Lord (Courtship Wars, #5)
  • The Duke's Indiscretion (Duke Trilogy, #3)
  • By Love Undone (Bancroft Brothers, #1)
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • The Perfect Wife
  • The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount (Desperate Debutantes, #3)
  • In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady (Scandalous Lady, #1)
  • One Moonlit Night
  • Wicked as Sin (Boscastle, #7)
  • McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)
  • The Barefoot Princess (Lost Princesses, #2)
  • The Secret Wedding (Malloren, #9)
  • A Dangerous Man (Women and Men, #2)
  • From London With Love (Lady Spies, #1)
  • Colorado Bride
Kathryn Caskie has long been a devotee of history and things of old. So it came as no surprise to her family when she took a career detour off the online super highway and began writing historical romances full time.

With a background in marketing, advertising and journalism, she has written professionally for television, radio, magazines and newspapers.

Kathryn lives in a 200 year old Quaker home
More about Kathryn Caskie...

Royle Sisters (3 books)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • How to Propose to a Prince (Royle Sisters, #3)
To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1) How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1) The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3) The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2) How to Propose to a Prince (Royle Sisters, #3)

“After all, no one ever sought out her company, or tried to catch her eye. She could stand directly in front of a grand lord or lady, or even a tray-bearing footman, and more likely than not, she wouldn’t be noticed.” 0 likes