Start by marking “President Jock, Vice President Geek” as Want to Read:
President Jock, Vice President Geek

President Jock, Vice President Geek

3.06 of 5 stars 3.06  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  7 reviews
It was a simple plan. She would help him pass algebra. He would help her win the student election.

What could go wrong?

Take one geeky sixteen-year-old girl deathly afraid of speaking to any crowd larger than one, but who desperately needs something on her application other than perfect grades to get her into Stanford. Add in a star basketball player who's Mr. Popular to ev
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 5th 2011 by Flying Raven Press (first published January 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about President Jock, Vice President Geek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about President Jock, Vice President Geek

Ashley
So this book was not AT ALL what I had expected, and to be honest, I kind of wish the summary went into a little more detail. I had hoped the book would be a cute fluffy read about high schoolers. Without spoiling anything, it is not at all like that. Josh's "issue" was so far from what I had expected, and having zero experience with that kind of situation, it made me feel disconnected from the book in a way. If I had known the twists this book would tke, I probably would've skipped it. Oh and * ...more
Caroline
Really loved this one. I liked how both characters realize things about each other while hanging out together, and while somehow this was advertized as a romance novel (it isn't quite, unless you count unrequited love as romance?) and hence this wasn't quite what I had expected it to be, I found that I enjoyed the story much more than I probably would have if this *had* been just a simple teenage romance.
Becka
I didn't really know what to expect from this book and it still led me to some unexpected places. It plays on a lot of the tropes one expects from a YA novel...but it takes them in a different place. There's a makeover, a school election, coming of age, a move, lots of lies, and some very realistically portrayed adolescent problems. Smart and highly recommended.
Michelle
This was a cute book. I liked how each chapter told the story from either Josh or Becky's point of view. The ending seemed to just wrap everything up in a nice little bow so it was a little unrealistic, but it was still an enjoyable read.
Dimitra
liked having the chapters alternate narrators between the 2 main characters ...gave insight into both of their points of view on the same situations...very easy read ..there definitely was a twist ...
Niobe13 *wants to read all day*
I felt cheated at first..I had to read the revelation thrice just to make sure that it's not the stress taking over. I did not see it coming!!But well, I still love how it turned out so yes, 4 stars for this.
Casey
Was a fast moving read. I cared about the characters, but not all of them to have it end the way it did...wished there was a bit more development in some areas.
Aline
Aline marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Jessica Booth
Jessica Booth marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Angela Rowe
Angela Rowe marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Chalaina
Chalaina marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
SCOTT WILLIAM CARTER’s first novel, The Last Great Getaway of the Water Balloon Boys, was hailed by Publishers Weekly as a “touching and impressive debut” and won an Oregon Book Award. Since then, he has published a dozen novels and over fifty short stories, including the popular Garrison Gage mysteries and the Myron Vale ghost detective series.
More about Scott William Carter...
The Dragon of the Dolomites The Lovely Wicked Rain: An Oregon Coast Mystery Wooden Bones Shatterboy The Dinosaur Diaries and Other Tales Across Space and Time - "The Time Traveler's Wife"