Start by marking “President Jock, Vice President Geek” as Want to Read:
President Jock, Vice President Geek

President Jock, Vice President Geek

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  7 reviews
It was a simple plan. She would help him pass algebra. He would help her win the student election.

What could go wrong?

Take one geeky sixteen-year-old girl deathly afraid of speaking to any crowd larger than one, but who desperately needs something on her application other than perfect grades to get her into Stanford. Add in a star basketball player who's Mr. Popular to ev...more
Published January 5th 2011 by Flying Raven Press (first published January 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about President Jock, Vice President Geek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about President Jock, Vice President Geek

The Chiq Blog
So this book was not AT ALL what I had expected, and to be honest, I kind of wish the summary went into a little more detail. I had hoped the book would be a cute fluffy read about high schoolers. Without spoiling anything, it is not at all like that. Josh's "issue" was so far from what I had expected, and having zero experience with that kind of situation, it made me feel disconnected from the book in a way. If I had known the twists this book would tke, I probably would've skipped it. Oh and *...more
Caroline
Really loved this one. I liked how both characters realize things about each other while hanging out together, and while somehow this was advertized as a romance novel (it isn't quite, unless you count unrequited love as romance?) and hence this wasn't quite what I had expected it to be, I found that I enjoyed the story much more than I probably would have if this *had* been just a simple teenage romance.
Becka
I didn't really know what to expect from this book and it still led me to some unexpected places. It plays on a lot of the tropes one expects from a YA novel...but it takes them in a different place. There's a makeover, a school election, coming of age, a move, lots of lies, and some very realistically portrayed adolescent problems. Smart and highly recommended.
Michelle
This was a cute book. I liked how each chapter told the story from either Josh or Becky's point of view. The ending seemed to just wrap everything up in a nice little bow so it was a little unrealistic, but it was still an enjoyable read.
Dimitra
liked having the chapters alternate narrators between the 2 main characters ...gave insight into both of their points of view on the same situations...very easy read ..there definitely was a twist ...
Niobe13 *wants to read all day*
I felt cheated at first..I had to read the revelation thrice just to make sure that it's not the stress taking over. I did not see it coming!!But well, I still love how it turned out so yes, 4 stars for this.
Casey
Was a fast moving read. I cared about the characters, but not all of them to have it end the way it did...wished there was a bit more development in some areas.
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Angela Rowe
Angela Rowe marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Chalaina
Chalaina marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Wendelyn
Wendelyn marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Feb 09, 2014
Weslei Wade
Weslei Wade marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Chelsea Stoecker
Chelsea Stoecker marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
SCOTT WILLIAM CARTER's first novel, The Last Great Getaway of the Water Balloon Boys, was hailed by Publishers Weekly as a "touching and impressive debut" and won the prestigious Oregon Book Award for Young Adult Literature. His fantasy from Simon and Schuster, Wooden Bones, is due out in the summer of 2012. His short stories have appeared in dozens of popular magazines and anthologies. He lives i...more
More about Scott William Carter...
The Dragon of the Dolomites Wooden Bones The Dinosaur Diaries and Other Tales Across Space and Time - "The Time Traveler's Wife" Shatterboy The Last Great Getaway of the Water Balloon Boys