Primeval: Extinction Event

Primeval: Extinction Event (Primeval #7)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  18 reviews
An Entelodon goes on the rampage down Oxford Street in central London causing untold damage and loss of life, and Cutter decides a new approach to tackling the anomalies is needed. When a mysterious Russian scientist arrives at the ARC, the Primeval team think they might have found the answer...
Published 2011 by Titan (first published March 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Primeval, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primeval

Beth
this was an great book!! a must read!! even if you have never watched primeval i think you'll enjoy this book.
action packed!
sad to say that stephen isn't in this book:( it's set after he died:(
Jessica Monaco
POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!

I really liked this adventure.

First there's an Entolodon encounter on Oxford Street. Connor proves he's awesome, the new Special Forces leader Jake Hemple is introduced, and Jenny once again proves she is a magnet for danger. Seriously, that's one thing I'm noticing and hating about these novels. It seems every time Jenny does anything, under orders or simply deciding to help, she just ends up getting in danger and causing more problems that the team has to fix.

Anyway, th...more
Katie
Primeval: Exinction Event is a book based on the popular ITV television series of the same name about anomalies in time that occur, allowing beasts from prehistoric (and apparently also futuristic) times to slip through into the present day and cause havoc. In this particular installment, following an encounter with an entelodon on Oxford Street, Professor Nick Cutter, paleozoologist for the Anomaly Research Centre, is kidnapped along with his teammates zookeeper Abby and computer whizz Connor....more
Paul
Strange anomalies are ripping holes in the fabric of time, allowing creatures from the distant past and far future to roam the modern world. Evolutionary zoologist Nick Cutter and his team must track down and capture these creatures and try to put them back where they belong.

Primeval: Extinction Event by Dan Abnett is based on the popular UK television show of the same name. Nick, Abby and Connor are busy trying to deal with the anomalies that are appearing randomly across the UK. Connor notices...more
Chadwick Saxelid
Dan Abnett’s Primeval tie-in novel Extinction Event is a guilty pleasure that I knew I would enjoy. Although I purchased this particular book while the BBC dinosaurs-rampaging-across-the-United-Kingdom series was still in active production, my life long habit of buying far more books than I can ever possibly get around to reading kept it sitting around, waiting to be read, for several years. So it goes.

Extinction Event starts off like every other episode of the series. A bunch of dinosaurs, this...more
Rose Dawson
Knížka napsaná podle známého britského seriálu Pravěk útočí se svým vlastním příběhem,který se odehrává po skončení 2 série.Byla jsem hodně zvědavá,jak si s tím autor poradí,jestli to bude mít tu správnou ''Primeval'' atmosféru a realistické vykreslení postav.A rozhodně jsem byla překvapena!Sice tam bylo pár nudnějších chvilek,ale to se dá přehlédnout vzhledem k tomu,co následovala za skvělé,akční a ano i děsivé scény.Atmosféra byla docela strašidelná,trochu ve stylu Jurského parku,za což se mi...more
Cherilyn
Really enjoyed this novel - Dan Abnett really knows how to keep you interested. So far my favourite Primeval tie-in novel.
Shayna S
Read with an online book club. I was surprised at how well-researched the science and military aspects were and how vivid the sensory imagery was in situations the author could only have imagined. (For instance, no research could have told Abnett what a tyrannosaur might have smelled like or the colors and skin texture of a dimetrodon.) An enjoyable read for someone who has watched the TV show.
Charlie Low
I adore Primeval as a tv show, and so I thought I'd try a book. The characters were spot on, I just found it almost weird, because all of the show is set in England, and so to be in a different country was weird. I was glad I picked one with Cutter in because I adore him as a character, and I think I'll give another one a go, but I wasn't too sure about this one.
Toe
Dec 08, 2009 Toe rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any fans of the televised series
Shelves: woo-amazing
i loved the television series and i was gutted when i found out that ITV had axed it - then happy again when they changed their minds - then gutted again because it's not coming on 'til 2011. so after all the emotional turmoil (lol =P) i was so elated when i discovered they had made a series of primeval books. they are really amazing.
Ariel
I liked this one a lot! A lot better than "The Lost Island" which I read first.
The characters all felt real, and the action was non-stop. Connor's nerdiness and Abby's spunkiness felt spot on, and the supporting characters were fleshed out in a way that I felt really surprassed LOSt Island.
Well done!
Jane
Dan Abnett really knows how to write a good tie in. This book had everything I would ever want from an actual episode of Primeval. I really loved the plot and the characters. Pity Becker wasn't in it.
Andrew Beet
absolutely brilliant book the author has got the characters spot on the story was action packed every fan of primeval should read this book.
Donna
It wan't bad. The characters were true to form. Missed having Becker as Alpha team leader.
Jutta
i liked this one best so far of the primeval books.
bluetyson
JLA: Primeval by Dan Abnett
Melinda Channell
Melinda Channell marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Yolande Bird
Yolande Bird marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Ryan Werth
Ryan Werth marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
☣Lynn☣
☣Lynn☣ marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Pixie
Pixie marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Ami
Ami marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Jenna Burdett
Jenna Burdett marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014