Start by marking “De qué hablan las mujeres en el baño” as Want to Read:
De qué hablan las mujeres en el baño

De qué hablan las mujeres en el baño

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  366 ratings  ·  68 reviews

The Men's Guide to the Women's Bathroom strives to answer life's most imponderable question: What Do Women Really Do in the Bathroom?

When the witty and urbane Claire St. John leaves New York City and returns to Austin, Texas, she realizes that all of the good advice she has ever received has been from strangers in the women's bathroom. If only she'd listened before she'd

Published May 1st 2008 by Ediciones B (first published March 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about De qué hablan las mujeres en el baño, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De qué hablan las mujeres en el baño

Kori
Hugh Jackman is pimping himself out as a chick lit cover blurb writer. Oh yes, People’s current Sexiest Man Alive had the following to say about this book:

“A great read, and a great laugh – and now we guys know what’s really going on in there!” – Hugh Jackman, actor.

So what’s with this? Is he related to the author? Her lover? Is she Australian? Was blackmail involved? Was he drunk? WTF, Hugh? - So, of course, I had to take it home.

I didn’t finish this book. After 75 pages of yucky one-liners li
Cupcakencorset
Funny, surprising, entertaining fluff. I liked the book overall, although I didn’t appreciate the author’s (and therefore all the major female characters’) point of view that all women in their 30s and 40s want a man above all other things. Or that women in this decade are ashamed of being divorced. Those two things made parts of the book feel like they were written in the early 1980s, rather than in the present. Anachronistic… unless the women in Barrett’s world really are primarily preoccupied ...more
Erin
This book had potential, but to me it fell flat. It's a cute premise that isn't that well executed; narrator Claire sets out to write a book about what happens in women's bathrooms, but the passages of Claire's writing are so tired and cliche. Worse, excepting Claire, most of the female characters are totally repellent: they all spend so much energy cutting each other down. I feel like I should put a sticker on the book that says "NOT ALL WOMEN BEHAVE LIKE THIS!!" I just couldn't relate, I guess ...more
Isabel
It's an entertaining book and a light read. Good for the lounging days. Though I was disappointed with the quick ending.
Farah
Buku ini bercerita tentang Claire St. John, janda cerai berusia 34 tahun yang pindah dari New York ke Austin, Texas. Infeksi sinus gila-gilaan membuatnya tidak bisa ikut menyelam di acara Newly Divorced Scuba Diving Group yang diikutinya di Mexico. Thanks to si hidung yang berdarah sedemikian hebatnya, Claire yang saat itu jobless kemudian mendapatkan ide untuk menulis buku self helpnya tentang apa yang sebenarnya terjadi di toilet wanita.
Jadi sebenernya ini semi self-help.

Membaca buku ini kadan
Emilie
I have no idea how this book ended up on my Nook. Okay, I mean, I know physically how it ended up there (I checked it out from the library, downloaded it to my computer, and transferred it to my computer)...but I don't know why I chose the book...probably because it is set in Austin, and seeing as how I loved living there once upon a time, I wanted to relive those times.
Well, I've read worse books. This was certainly a quick read. The main character wasn't totally reprehensible, although the su
Child960801
This is not the kind of book I usually read. My two year old picked it up at the library and told me to get it because the cover was pink. I didn't really connect with the main character at first, because I'm not a childless, recently divorced 34 year old lawyer turned writer from Texas. However, a couple of chapters in the hilarious promised on the back of the book showed up and I really enjoyed it.
Andrea
I fluctuated between giving this book 2 or 3 stars. It was entertaining. There were parts that even made me laugh out loud.

But....BUT....

It didn't have any sort of substance. You may say, we'll who needs substance in chicklit? I guess I need a bit more than every woman in her 30s is simply pining away and looking for a man. Here we have the main character who after a messy divorce has dubbed the year the "year of Clair" but spends the year thinking only about men...or the man...or the potential
Ashley Hilderson
I was debating with myself on whether to give this book 2 or 3 stars. It was a good easy read, funny at times, however didn't really keep my interest too much.
Gie
bacaan hari minggu -- seru! baru tahu gagas media pernah nerbitin buku ala chicklit gini. ohya ini buku dapet dari Mahir yang ngadain bazar buku gitu.
Tara
Apr 20, 2007 Tara rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit fans
Another beach read. Hmmmm. I seem to be in a rut. This ended up in my book pile because of its connection Austin. I just have a thing for reading about places that I know. The book, however, is definitely not one of my favorites. It contains a lot of book-within-a-book (the main character is an author) that tries too hard to be witty and just kind of.....bleh. I skipped large portions in an attempt to just get done. It is funny and it does have fun bits about Austin but there are so many other l ...more
Krystal
This was an often times amusing book...I liked it well enough I suppose. It wasn't until the end though, in the bonus section, "potty talk" where the author described the various habits and talk of different places round the globe, that I laughed out loud. Its for the bonus section that I added another star.
On a side note, it had an excerpt from her upcoming book, or maybe its already been published? Something along the lines of "Killing Carter". Those pages made it sound like an appealing book
Trias  Oktavianti
Meaghan
this book was hilarious! i enjoyed reading the main character's book within the book. loved the story and the characters.
Marina Caner
Thought that the idea was good... but the reality is that the book is soooo plain! The whole story is boring, it didn't catch me a bit.
Wendy
Ever so slightly entertaining. Premise was good, but I felt like the author tried to include all the politically correct elements rather than just telling the story. (Ie: bash on Republicans, even if it makes no logical sense in the sentence. And, by all means, don't limit this bashing to just once.) Keep it light, keep it fun! Oh, and I totally didn't get the "meet his family" part. Took Jake in a completely different direction than the one she (the author) had cultivated.
Lea
2.5 stars. This story idea had potential but the main character was off putting, she had the potential too. I could barely read the bathroom portions of the book. If you don't like reading about blood and bathroom business, don't read this. The ending was a little too neat and tidy for the rest of the book.
Plus the whole Texas A&M and TU portion of the book - you went to TU but you don't know what Aggies call it TU? That irritated me.
w
ini buku cocok untuk ketawa-ketawa aja... alias untuk hiburan...

satu hal yang paling mengecewakan adalah "jalapeno" diterjemahkan sebagai wortel... lho? padahal ini kan cabenya Meksiko itu... yang konon katanya ngga pedas-pedas amat (tapi jangan percaya, soalnya yang bilang ni teman yang penggemar berat pedas... jadi mungkin standarnya lain lho...)

satu lagi... ga suka endingnya....
Fay
I had high hopes for this book, but it fell flat. It wasn't much of a guide since it pinpointed every stereotypical conversation a girl may have so men would already know everything. All girls would have some of the conversations brought up in the book, but the book on a whole only is pertinent to the girly girls. I would recommend it to them as it could then be an amusing read.
Michelle
It was escapist literature. I have to say, the plot itself was OK... the characters stereotypical, and the "guide" the protagonist writes is almost insultingly stereotypical. Some truths, but in general too sensationalized to really resonate with me as something all women could relate too. But like I said, escapist, entertaining enough.

Robyn
This book was a good quick read. I started on Friday night and finished it Sunday morning. I don't typically like fiction, but this book is cute and doesn't take any brain power. The main character lives in Austin, so if you are from Austin - it is fun to hear her talk about all the places she goes. All and all, very enjoyable. Must Read!
Karla
Lectura ligera. Me hizo reír, es un libro bobo y entretenido, nada más.
Corey
A very quick, easy read that's perfect for summer. I enjoyed the story-within-a-story along with the main fictional story. If there were half star options this would get a 3.5 rating as I liked it but didn't 4 star like it. For me there's way too many gaps in the story and open ended things that aren't addressed.
Linda
Aug 08, 2007 Linda rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Austinites who want a chick lit/beach read
Shelves: chick-lit
What I like about the book?

All the references to Austin spots and light as a feather.

I kept a list of all Austin mentions in my reading journal.

Polvos
Casino El Camero
La Traviata
Chez Zee

Sari
Bathroom/powder room sure is one of an important thing in women's life! :) When i was a teenager i thought i'm the only one who feel that it's a weird thing to go to the bathroom with a gang of girls :p
This book elaborate facts why Women always go to the bathroom grouping :D
Worth reading in ur break time! :))
Courtney
This book was recommended to me by a friend who lives in Austin, TX. My friend said she was a local author. I read the first couple of chapters and was hooked. Men's Guide.. is funny and entertaining. It's a light and fun read. I especially like how Hugh Jackman endorses the novel - on the front cover. ha!
jennbunny Byrkit
This was a good book....not the deep thought provoking literature stuff, but still a nice happy read. I felt the ending to be quite quick. Everything seems to "wrap up" in the last few pages quite quickly in my opinion....with a nice happy ending. Overall I found it cute and funny.
Andréia (StarBooks BR)
Achei o livro fofo, é um chick-lit, bem leve. Serve como guia para os homens que sempre quiseram saber o que tanto as mulheres fazem no banheiro feminino, mas acima de tudo é um romance. É um livro leve, não acrescenta muita coisa culturalmente falando.
Medina
I really liked how the theme of the unity of women no matter the our differences that didn't gloss over our cattyness or our neurosis. I wish though it did not end it sucha stereotypical way with the entrane of a man who makes it all right.
Lindsey
Easy read...really wanted to rate 3.5. I live in Austin, so I could relate to the characters and setting pretty easily. If you're looking for a quick read to entertain you by the pool over the summer, this may be the book for you!
  • I Take This Man
  • Girl From Mars
  • Accidentally Engaged
  • Pick Me Up
  • Just Say Yes. Phillipa Ashley
  • Confessions Of An Air Hostess (Little Black Dress)
  • Mounting Desire
  • Tall Poppies
  • Chat Love
  • The Continuity Girl
  • Heartless
Jo currently resides in North Carolina with her patient and supportive family while she juggles her writing career and her position as a programmer analyst. She has won numerous awards and continues to write whenever she can. Someday, she hopes to take off her programming hat and write full time. So many of her dreams have already come true. What's one more?
Email: jobarrett@jobarrett.net
More about Jo Barrett...
Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1) This Is How It Happened Nothing To Commend Her Rogue's Challenge (Challenge, #2) Don't Let It Be True