Start by marking “Teoria e pratica della non-violenza” as Want to Read:
Teoria e pratica della non-violenza

Teoria e pratica della non-violenza

This book don't have ISBN. It's a news-stand publication.
Gandhi seppe scuotere un popolo timoroso e inerme e condurlo, mano per mano, villaggio per villaggio, all'indipendenza.
Mass Market Paperback, Corriere della Sera - I Classici del pensiero libero, 314 pages
Published December 2010 by RCS - Corriere della Sera (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about Teoria e pratica della non-violenza, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teoria e pratica della non-violenza

Rivera Sun
Dec 10, 2012 Rivera Sun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book changed how I thought about everything. I read one section, closed the book, and thought about it for two or three days before continuing on. Ganghi's perspectives on the importance of non-violence, and it's ultimate effect on India (and perhaps the entire world) are worth pondering. This book inspired me to read more about Gandhi and his philosophies, shifting me from a passive believer in non-violence to ardently seeking to understand the principles.
Maughn Gregory
One of the most important books I've read in my life. I'm a better person for having read it and having begun to practice it in small ways.
ZaRi
Non-violent resistance implies the very opposite of weakness. Defiance combined with non-retaliatory acceptance of repression from one's opponents is active, not passive. It requires strength, and there is nothing automatic or intuitive about the resoluteness required for using non-violent methods in political struggle and the quest for Truth.
"In the secret of my heart I am in perpetual quarrel with God that He should allow such things [as the war] to go on. My non-violence seems almost impotent
بثينة العيسى
Oct 30, 2011 بثينة العيسى rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every body
Now with everything that is happening ; the Arab Spring, the Wall Street Occupation, the World Revolution in general, I find reading Gandhi's Satyagraha extremely crucial for the peoples to make sure that everything goes for the betterment of humanity.

What is really amazing about this book, and I consider it a political one, is that it's mainly dedicated for spirituality! This makes perfect sense. If you are not pure in the soul you cannot really adopt the method of non-violent resistance effec
Nufach
Jan 31, 2014 Nufach rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mohandes Gandhi, a men who choose non-violent against unarmed, was died in 1948. Everyone remember him as an activist non-war. He dedicated his life for humanity, freedom, and peacefullness.

A war just broke an humanity for social life. No one like attack by another, no one want kill another even with the gun.

As long as the resistance he did, Gandhi never distinguish peoples's religion, difference skin, and their nation. We know that Gandhi was the only one man who againts invaders with fasting.
Tim Franzen
Jan 14, 2008 Tim Franzen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing book. In it Gandhi presents a logical arguement for the practicality of non-violent warfare. Waging war using civility, strikes, civil disobediance. Gandhi aims to make citizens grasp the power that they already have. The power to shut down an ecomony in one day.
The power to take the higher ground, to highlight the injustice of their enemy without humiliating them, thus allowing the enemy ego room to shift their position, to change their hearts and minds. Gandhi loved his enem
apollojet
Jul 23, 2012 apollojet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Охренительный, уникальный какой-то человек. Хотя к жене относился хреново. Любил - но по-своему как-то.
Еще интересно было почитать про то, что вегетерианство, которое распространилось по Европе - основано на учении какого-то индуиского еретика и дурачка (сам Ганди был веганом по хардкору)
"Человек и его поступок - вещи разные. В то время, как хороший поступок заслуживает одобрения, а дурной - осуждения, человек, независимо от того, хороший или дурной поступок он совершил, всегда достоин либо уваж
Michela
Sep 16, 2011 Michela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: india
Ho dato a questo libro tre stelline non per le parole di Gandhi ovviamente ma per il saggio iniziale che stava per farmi desistere dal leggere fino in fondo e per il modo in cui sono stati raggruppati i vari testi!Tutto questo ha reso la lettura noiosa e pesante!
Man O'neal
Oct 02, 2010 Man O'neal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I am not neccesarily saying that my mind is on the same plain as that of Mohandas Gandhis, but when reading certain passages from this book I felt as though I was reading my own words. To feel as though an individual like Gandhi agrees with me regarding princıples ,on which I previously felt alone, is comforting. That being saıd, I am hard pressed to invision a person who would not find great insight, or at least food for thought (and lots of it), in this text. Of course, we generally acknowledg ...more
Amir Noferesti
This book changed my thought, I was read it trough the green movement uprising in Iran on June-September 2009, This book inspired me to do a non-violent resistance because it is opposite of weakness nad Defiance combined with non-retaliatory acceptance of repression from one's opponents.it requires strength, intuitive, resoluteness required for using non-violent methods in political struggle and the quest for Truth.
non-violence resistance requires restraint on the associates. It also needs an ad
Bradley Farless
I just finished reading The Essential Gandhi, so my rating is affected by a comparison with that book which, I think, is far better.

The selections in this collection of writings is just as meaningful and important, but it's more confusing, because it incorporates writings from people other than Gandhi and it was not always very clear whose words I was reading. The writings also seemed a bit disjointed and in no particular order. Since Gandhi describes Satyagraha as a progressively more refined e
Estelle
Jul 26, 2011 Estelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un court condensé de plusieurs textes écrit par Gandhi, son autobiographie notamment. Il y explique ses différentes luttes: contre son propre corps et ses désirs (Brahmacharya, régime alimentaire strict...) mais aussi contre la violence et la folie des hommes (apartheid et système des castes...), notamment en Afrique du Sud où s'est forgé son principe de la lutte non-violente.
Très utile pour un premier aperçu de la manière de pensée et de la vie de Gandhi. (Je vous conseille également le film d'
Ophélie Camélia
Si je ne mets que deux étoiles à ce livre, ce n'est pas à cause des propos de Gandhi, mais pour la façon dont est présentée cette édition. Ce morcellement de texte, sans réel développement des idées, donne l'impression de lire un dictionnaire de citation, ce qui rend la lecture lourde et ennuyeuse.
Au finale ce livre ravira surement ceux qui veulent se donner bonne conscience en "lisant Gandhi", sans avoir à faire le moindre effort pour plonger réellement dans la pensée de cet homme...
Pour ma pa
E.D.E. Bell
Dec 02, 2013 E.D.E. Bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: veganism, philosophy
I found this book very interesting and thought-provoking. As a collection of various writing and speech, it is often disjointed, and would have benefited from some additional context from the editors (an updated edition could greatly assist for the modern reader), but this is a very high four star rating from me - if you want to understand Satyagraha, this book explores the topic from many facets, and is a fascinating read.
Alexandra
This is the third time I'm using this book for class. Anyone interested in Gandhi's philosophy of Satyagraha and the application of his philosophy needs to read this book. This is not a book to skim, but one to read with full attention. Many chapters are short, so one chapter a day as a meditation-style reading would be doable.
Etienne
Apr 22, 2015 Etienne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hall-of-fame
Ce livre est en fait un résumé d'autres oeuvres majeures sur la vie de Gandhi. Condensé et bien fait, il présente la philosophie et les idées de ce grand homme. Un livre qui fait beaucoup réfléchir et qui faut vraiment la peine d'être lu. Un incontournable!!
Jason Ahmadi
Jul 07, 2008 Jason Ahmadi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satyagraha by Gandhi

Bad ass book that led me up a tree.
Erik09
Jan 11, 2008 Erik09 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
nice book for present world, I enjoyed reading it
Pierre Fortier
Collage de plusieurs textes de Gandhi qui effleure la philosophie de ce grand homme et le parcours trop sommaire de sa vie. Aussi bien lire "Cette nuit la liberté" de Lapierre-Collins. Vide et plat.
Corry Hinckley
May 21, 2012 Corry Hinckley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it in high school and of course it blew my mind.
Charlotte
Mar 11, 2010 Charlotte marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
New York Public Library listed this book as one of the best books on colonialism and its aftermath of the century.
Angie
Aug 15, 2007 Angie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Still in the first few chapters of this book...I got side tracked by Harry Potter...ooooo
Pierpaolo Bonante
Saggio importante per chiunque voglia un raffronto su come vivere la propria vita
Sekhemty
Dec 21, 2011 Sekhemty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yassine Harek
Apr 04, 2014 Yassine Harek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Si ce n'était pas pour le mauvais ordre, parfois, des quotations ça aurait été un 5
Darine
Oct 30, 2015 Darine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interresting book (y)
Constance Fastré
Sep 04, 2014 Constance Fastré rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, essay
Tout le monde connaît le nom de Gandhi et a plus ou moins une idée de ce qu'il prônait: non-violence, jeûner... Mais je suis certaine que beaucoup, comme moi, ne savent pas pourquoi ni comment Gandhi voyait la société actuelle et ce que les hommes pourraient faire pour vivre en harmonie. Dans ce cas, lire ce livre est essentiel: il ne s'agit que d'un tout petit recueil de quelques uns de ses textes, mais j'ai déjà été éblouie et fascinée par les idées qui s'y retrouvaient. Et le mieux, c'est que ...more
Sunny
Oct 27, 2016 Sunny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Je ne connaissais pas grand chose de cet homme et je suis contente d'avoir pu élargir mes connaissances à travers ce livre, non seulement sur lui mais sur la vie en général. Ce livre est reposant.
Yashwant
Yashwant rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2011
  • The Holy Teaching of Vimalakirti: A Mahayana Scripture
  • What's It All About?: Philosophy and the Meaning of Life
  • Why Civil Resistance Works: The Strategic Logic of Nonviolent Conflict
  • A Dangerous Woman: The Graphic Biography of Emma Goldman
  • The Dalai Lama: A Policy of Kindness: An Anthology of Writings By and About the Dalai Lama
  • Oppression and Liberty
  • On the Justice of Roosting Chickens: Consequences of American Conquest & Carnage
  • Sidereus Nuncius, or The Sidereal Messenger
  • Bananas, Beaches and Bases: Making Feminist Sense of International Politics
  • On the Citizen
  • Novus Ordo Seclorum: The Intellectual Origins of the Constitution
  • Corpus Hermeticum
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, commonly known as Mahatma Gandhi, was the preeminent leader of Indian nationalism in British-ruled India. Employing non-violent civil disobedience, Gandhi led India to independence and inspired movements for non-violence, civil rights and freedom across the world.

The son of a senior government official, Gandhi was born and raised in a Hindu Bania community in coastal Gu
More about Mahatma Gandhi...

“Je n'ai connu aucune distinction entre parents et inconnus, entre compatriotes et étrangers, entre blancs et hommes de couleur, entre hindous et Indiens appartenant à d'autres confessions, qu'ils soient musulmans, Parsis, chrétiens ou juifs. Je peux dire que mon coeur a été incapable défaire de telles distinctions” 2 likes
“Je dois dire qu'en dehors des cas où elle m'exposa au ridicule, cette timidité insurmontable n'a jamais tourné à mon désavantage. Bien au contraire, j'ai mis ce handicap à profit en apprenant à devenir concis.
Jadis je cherchais mes mots. Aujourd'hui je prends plaisir à en réduire le nombre.”
1 likes