Start by marking “Love You More (Detective D.D. Warren #5)” as Want to Read:
Love You More (Detective D.D. Warren #5)

Love You More (Tessa Leoni #1)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  23,110 ratings  ·  1,703 reviews
WHO DO YOU LOVE?
One question, a split-second decision, and Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter?
AND HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO . .
Hardcover, Large Print, 593 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Thorndike Press (first published 2011)

Joseph Finder
One of the best books I've read this year. This was my Amazon review:

I've been a fan of Lisa's D.D. Warren series for some time, but she's truly outdone herself with this one. It grabs you on the first page and keeps you guessing until the final chapter, moving effortlessly between first person and third person narration, weaving an extraordinary amount of research into nonstop action.

Love You More starts with a crime we think we understand. Massachusetts State Trooper Tessa Leoni's husband Bria
Bube
What a book!
Its been 6 hours after I read the book and I still can't calm down all those emotions that has be triggered by this book.This is a book that tells a story about the great love of a mother to her child and how she manages to do everything in her power to save her child.As you read the book, you can't remain indifferent to all those emotions in the heart of Tessa and Sophie, in the last 35 pages I could not calm down the emotions and the tears just couldn't stop, I know, it's just a bo
Dana Griffin
Oh. My. God. Before you begin this book, clear your schedule, send your children off, and prepare to go without sleep. Once you're halfway through this book, you won't be able to stop reading. I'd give this book ten, or one hundred star rating if I could.

Note to any would be assassins, or child abductors: don't murder the husband or abduct the child of a Massachuetts State Police officer, or suffer the consequences. This is the premise of this book.

Ms. Gardner always comes up with interesting p
Deanna
I read this book a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Over the years I have read quite a few of Lisa Gardner's books. Even though I haven't read all of the books in this series I still found it to be a very good read on it's own. It grabbed me right off from the first page and I was kept guessing until the very end. I had a hard time putting it down.

Trooper Tessa Leoni's husband Brian is dead and she herself has been beaten and is covered in bruises. It looks like a clear cut case of a batter
La-Lionne

This was a surprisingly enjoyable read. I was in a mood for something mysterious and twisted, and got exactly that.

When I read Touch and Go, I didn't realized that that book was the second in the series. When I bought It last year on Amazon, no where, at that time, was it mentioned that it was part of the series. It read like a stand alone. I only realized that when I came across this book. Weird. This book is actually the fifth in D.D. Warren series, and some sort of spin off of the n
Freda Malone
Don't be shocked but this is my first Lisa Gardner read and I loved it.

Tessa, the protagonist, a law enforcement officer and mother of Sophie, has shot and killed her husband after a brutal beating. Little Sophie is gone and nowhere to be found. Tessa is arrested after several clues have shown that she is lying about the details. It is up to Tessa, the mama bear, to strategically escape the confines of her closely guarded hospital room and find her little girl.

A brilliant start to a series. I
Rosario
Just started and so far it's a struggle. Very poorly edited, I keep highlighting mistakes and it's very distracting.

I am two thirds done and I have no idea why this books is so popular. A page turner? Hardly, I can't read more than a few pages at a time. The characters? Nobody seems to be particularly likeable and I find D.D. Warren so irritating I am actually hoping she fails miserably in her investigation. As for the story, very complicated in a very silly way. I am trying hard to finish it bu
Lauren
Love You More
4 Stars

Lisa Gardner's fast paced writing style and captivating plots are the reason she is one of my favorite crime authors, particularly her Quincy/Rainie series. Unfortunately, her D.D. Warren books have never been stellar (perhaps because D.D. herself is not that likable a heroine) but Love You More breaks this unremarkable trend.

Once again, the perspective alternates between first and third person. While this has irritated me in the past, it works well here as it adds to the ch
Best Crime Books & More
Lisa Gardner's release prior to this one was entitled `Live To Tell' and if I am being 100% honest it wasn't my favourite of her books. There was a certain element of `supernatural' to that book and it just didn't sit right with me. Thankfully, she has returned to her former glory of producing a fantastic crime novel featuring DD Warren.

DD Warren is featured in a series of books and this latest book is number 5 in the series. Detective D.D Warren is a very headstrong woman working in a predomina
Michael
Gardner shows great talent in emotional engagement and tense plotting in this murder mystery placed in Boston, 5th in a series of 7 so far featuring tough homicide detective D.D. Warren.

Gardner’s special talent lies in domestic situations that go bad. This story starts out with police being called to a shooting of a husband by his wife who is terribly beaten, a seeming open and shut case of defense from domestic violence. The victim/suspect is Tessa Leoni, a state trooper. Her 8 year old child
Mark
Jul 12, 2014 Mark rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the better female thriller writers
Recommended to Mark by: A lovely picture on the back of a book
There are many reasons for reading a book and perhaps one of the more shameful reasons is to really fancy the writer because of the picture of her. I did buy her novel mainly for that reason and remembering that her name came up in a few recommendations.

Love you more is the story of two women Gardners' D.D. Warren & state police trooper Tessa Leonie. With both their voices the book is written.
D.D. Warren being one of the main characters of Gardners oeuvre, and Tessa Leonie being the "victim
Erin Forson

Love You More
by Lisa Gardner
No wonder this who-done-it is on USA Today’s top 10 best seller list. Tessa Leoni is a self-made woman who becomes a state trooper after kicking her alcoholism and giving birth to her beloved daughter Sophie. So it’s more than a little odd when Tessa’s husband ends up dead, apparently by Tessa’s own hand, and her 6-year-old Sophie turns up missing. Despite being the sole suspect in the case, Tessa plans to find her daughter no matter what, even if it means her own lif
E. A.
I was hooked from the first couple of chapters. It begins with a crime, husband and father shot dead in the kitchen. Apparently Tessa did this to her own husband, all evidence points that way.
A little back story to help lead us in that direction... but wait. This makes no sense, a twist here, a twist there. What the heck really did happen? And what has happened to her six year old daughter that was supposed to be asleep in bed? She's just gone.

For me, the beauty of this story was that it was a
Jennifer Jaynes
I thoroughly enjoyed "Love You More." Was riveted from the first several pages. Usually Gardner isn't a favorite of mine in this genre, but if she keeps writing stories like this one, she soon will be.
Nihan
Her bitirdiğim kitapla hayranlığım daha da artıyor bu yazara. Polisiye romanlarında üstüne tanımam. Yine muhteşem bir hikayeydi, yazarın zekasına şapka çıkarılır.
Vanessa
The best part of this book is the twist and turns, a real roller coaster ride of suspense, surprising clues, and amazing revelations. Truly a fun book to read. I listened to this one and found the rendition excellent. It was read by two women and they both did excellent jobs with their respective parts. Again, the men are always a challenge to a female reader, but I could distinguish between the characters. My only complaint about the D.D. Warren series in general is that I don't find her a very ...more
Georg
What would you think about the following line in a modern novel:

“Every man has a moment in his life when he realizes he genuinely loves a woman, and she’s just not worth it.”

Right: What an arrogant asshole! You would at once throw the book where it belongs – into the waste-bin.

But I misquoted. You find the correct quote on page 256 and it reads like that:

“Every woman has a moment in her life when she realizes she genuinely loves a guy, and he’s just not worth it.”

On then Amazon-ebook it’s the
Judy
What a great mystery. It is the best of the D. D. Warren series that I've read. Gardner crafts an unbelievable story that kept me guessing until the end. Tessa is a sympathetic character, but how can you cheer for someone whom the police believe is responsible for her husband and her child's deaths? The audio edition is fantastic as the story is told by two voices, Warren's and Tessa's. The actors are excellent. An interesting development occurs in Warren's life, but it is almost overshadowed by ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
"WHO DO YOU LOVE?

AND HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO . . .
As the homicide investigation ratchets into a frantic statewide search for a missing child, D. D. Warren must partner with for
Michelle
Love You More is the fifth book in the D D Warren series by Lisa Gardner and a Thriller from Bantam.

Book Blurb:

WHO DO YOU LOVE?

AND HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO . . .

As the homicide
Cheryl C.
Detective D.D. Warren is in the midst of coping with her own life crisis when she gets a call that turns into one of those "Oh, shit" moments.

Arriving at the home of Massachusetts State Trooper Tessa Leoni, D.D. discovers Brian Leoni in a pool of blood on the kitchen floor, and a bruised Tessa talking with law enforcement officials. It all looks like an open and shut case of spousal abuse that turned deadly. Problem is that six-year-old Sophie Leoni is missing, and Tessa isn't talking.

Racing ag
Bryan Higgs
My wife and I listened to this as an audio book downloaded from our public library/state audiobooks web site. We listened to it both ways on a 3-4 hour drive to northern Maine, and then on our return drive from another Maine location about 3 hours away. We finally finished listening to it at home on our porch. In other words, it's quite a long book, and definitely a good one to while away the time on such long drives.

This novel is interestingly constructed, and the inevitable unraveling of the l
Jerome Parisse
I think Lisa Gardner is a great crime writer, and I found Love you More to be one of the best crime novels I have read in a while. I wasn't so sure at the beginning... the story starts as a classic story of domestic violence in which Tessa Leoni, a State trooper, kills her husband who's just beaten her. Meanwhile, her six year old daughter has mysteriously disappeared. I thought the plot was fairly straightforward, but it suddenly takes a different turn, and oh boy, it then becomes a really diff ...more
Story Overview

Detective D.D. Warren is presented with a seemingly open and shut case. An abusive husband is found shot dead in his home. The killer? His wife, who claims to have shot him in self-defense (and she has a beating to prove it). However, the case has a few wrinkles. First, the couple’s 6-year-old daughter is missing, and no one (not even the mother) seems to know where she is. Second, the wife, mother and alleged killer is Tessa Leoni, who just happens to work for the Massachusetts St
Marina
This was my first book from Lisa Gardner, but sure won't be the last. It took me two days to read it, I could't stop reading until finish it.

This is a story for unconditional mother's love. Tessa Leoni has many skeletons in her closet, she made many mistakes in her past, but the only thing that is pure and innocent in her life is her daughter. She would do anything for her, she would give her own life just to save her. The story seen through Tessa Leoni's eyes was full of emotions and memories.
Fab
I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher.

I was beyond excited when I found out that I had won an advanced copy of LOVE YOU MORE BY LISA GARDNER after entering to win on Goodreads. I received the copy of the book in late January and being it in the middle of exams it was placed on my bookshelf and saved for later. Lately, when I was looking for new material to read I came across Love You More and deemed it worthy of my attention.

Love You More by Lisa Gardner tells the story o
Victoria
Wow! What a great read! I've been a big fan of Gardner's since first reading The Perfect Husband about ten years ago. I eagerly pick up each of her books, and am rarely disappointed. This was certainly no exception to that! In fact, I think this has been one of her strongest books - and certainly my new favorite in the D.D. Warren series. I devoured the whole book in one sitting - and not in a comfortable one sitting, since I was literally perched on the edge of the sofa the entire time!

The ver
Mary Gilligan-Nolan
I do like Lisa Gardner and rate her very highly as a writer. I was delighted that this book was right up there with her best work. What I love about her is, her ability to keep me guessing and when I think I have it figured out, she proves me wrong and gives it another twist I didn't expect. You get taken right to the murder scene on page 1., and it just keeps getting better from there on. This is a D.D. Warren/Bobby Dodge story, and D.D. is as tough as ever and also suspecting, (correctly) that ...more
Vivi Vocat
It is an enjoyable read. Good characters, good set-up, interesting story that kept me engrossed, even if I was pretty soon able to guess the plot twist that was looming ahead. The switchbacks and intersections are, initially, intriguing, but in the last chapters the storyline became a tad ridiculous, and you have to stretch your imagination quite a bit to buy all of this. Very Rambo movie like.

I didn't like Detective D.D. Warren much, though. She's high-strung, unlikeable and lacks personality.
Bigd_041555
Tessa Leoni is a victim, no she's the villian, no she's the victim, no she's the villan! Lisa Gardner sure screws with my head. I'm still getting use to her style of writing, and I'm liking it, but it still has me scratching my head at times :)

What would you do if your 6 year old daughter was taken from you, then your husband shot in front of you, and then you (as a cop) had to take the blame for it all?

Red herring after red herring, but a good chase it was!

I liked this book on so many levels an
Need Book Recommendation!! 31 233 Jan 11, 2015 01:50PM
  • Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
  • Secrets to the Grave (Oak Knoll, #2)
  • Judas Kiss (Taylor Jackson, #3)
  • Malice (New Orleans, #6)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me (Lucy Kincaid, #2)
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Fireproof (Maggie O'Dell, #10)
  • The Memory Collector (Jo Beckett #2)
  • Chasing The Night (Eve Duncan, #11)
  • Breaking Silence (Kate Burkholder, #3)
  • No One Left to Tell (Romantic Suspense, #13)
(1) mystery & thrillers, suspense

aka Alicia Scott

New York Times bestselling crime novelist Lisa Gardner began her career in food service, but after catching her hair on fire numerous times, she took the hint and focused on writing instead. A self-described research junkie, she has parlayed her interest in po
More about Lisa Gardner...

Tessa Leoni (3 books)
  • Touch & Go (Tessa Leoni, #2)
  • Crash & Burn (Tessa Leoni, #3)
Alone (Detective D.D. Warren, #1) Gone (Quincy & Rainie, #5) The Perfect Husband (Quincy & Rainie, #1) The Third Victim (Quincy & Rainie, #2) Live to Tell (Detective D.D. Warren, #4)

“Mothers hold close, fathers let go. Maybe that’s the way of the world.” 4 likes
“This was the pattern of my life: to love men who didn’t deserve me, and, knowing that, to yearn for their love anyway.” 2 likes