Start by marking “The Onyx Talisman (Talisman, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Onyx Talisman (Talisman, #3)

The Onyx Talisman (Talisman #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  967 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Alora looked back and the corner of her lip turned up. "It's always darkest before the dawn, Julia. Good luck." Her words sent chills up my spine as she vanished. Unrest stirs deep in Scotts Valley. Filled with uncertainty, Julia anxiously awaits Nicholas' return. Phil, hurt and unsure of his place as a sober vampire, holds the pieces of Julia's fragile psyche together, se ...more
Published December 16th 2011 by Obsidian Mountain Publishing (first published December 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Onyx Talisman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Onyx Talisman

Incarnate by Jodi MeadowsAcross the Universe by Beth RevisPure by Jennifer L. ArmentroutUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiA Million Suns by Beth Revis
Noble neon -- covers that glow
121st out of 291 books — 418 voters
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare BlakeSilence by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinShattered Souls by Mary Lindsey
Best Cover Fall/Winter 2011
200th out of 405 books — 1,641 voters

More lists with this book...

Krystal
Mar 21, 2012 Krystal rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
Finally, the finale of a wonderful series! Julia has a destiny to fulfill and several secrets to uncover. Julia's friends and family may not be quite what they seem and she will need to track down the person she suspects is harming vampires. The reader will be treated to the appearance of more and more vampires as the ending draws near. With the arrival of these vampires, a lot of trouble begins stirring in their small town. Julia will have several difficult decisions to make.

Julia's character i
Na Deela
Im finished with the Talisman series and I feel a little brokenhearted. *SPOILER ALERT* While I love that the author gave me an outcome I never expected, I am still so hurt Julia ended up with Nicholas. I cant figure out why, but I really wanted Julia with Phil. I felt betrayed at the possibility of him with Sam. I really don't think its fair that Nicholas still exists after all, I mean, how can he? Then he just flies out to see her hoping she remembered too and expects he'll be allowed to move ...more
Countrygirl Bookreviews
I loved the first two of this series and can't wait for the third to come out!
Lenore Kosinski
OK, I don't know how everyone else feels, but I really really enjoyed the last book. I'm still not in love with Julia, something about her character just rubs me the wrong way. But wow, the twists and turns...I couldn't have seen any of it coming. Some got a little crazy, but I loved the "epilogue"-y part...if you read you'll know what I mean. Oh Phil, so glad you remembered too.... All in all it wasn't my favourite, but I'm so glad it didn't stop me from reading Everblue, b/c that book rocked a ...more
Ciara
Let me say that I did not see this ending coming!!! I cannot say anything more because I truly want you readers to be surprised but wow, what a conclucsion!!! I absolutely fell into this trilogy by accident, the first book the Emerald Talisman was promotionally being sold for free so I decided to give it a shot on then beofre I knew it I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Onyx Talisman!!!
Julia fulfills her destiny in the final book in this series as the vampires start to flock to her town and
Cynthia
The Onyx Talisman wraps up the Talisman Trilogy in a big way. It was the perfect end to a great little series. Unlike many trilogies that leave you wanting more and not feeling like the ending was what you wanted it to be, this book has a "finality" to it and gives closure to the story.

The prophecy Scarlett has been harping about since she met Julia in the first book, The Emerald Talisman, comes to be finally. The day has come and Julia is torn in many different directions. Cain has descended an
Monika
Well, this series is done and I have to say I liked this last book in this series the best. I love the fact that the story is over (even though I'm sure that could change if the author wanted to). Series that leave you kind of hanging because maybe other books might come but don't annoy me. I think Brenda Pandos did a really great job pulling everything together and still giving a HEA ending.

I loved the characters in this book especially Phil but I'm glad Julia ended up where she did, it just se
If I could sum up the entire trilogy in one word, it would be WOW. While there were some aspects of the novel that I could have done without (triangles...really?) the ending far made up for any shortcomings over the whole series. I haven't felt this satisfied with a series end in, well, I don't know if I've ever been this satisfied. For what may be the first time ever, I finished the series and didn't want to scream, didn't want to throw something in frustration, or even so much as lament the en ...more
Chelsea
Stacy Sabala
Book Review- The Onyx Talisman by Brenda Pandos

In the third book of the Talisman Series, Julia is going crazy without word from Nicholas. She can’t stand being away from him. Scarlet, Phil, Tyler and Katie won’t let her go to LA to see him. They have formed their own coven with Scarlet who’s planning to enable Julia to break the curse and destroy all vampires.
When her mother’s body has been discovered, Julia, Luke and her dad end up in LA. Julia takes a chance, sneaking out to check on Nicholas
Sarita Lopez
AMAZING!! I enjoyed book one, liked book two, and I loved book 3.

Finishing The Onyx Talisman was almost heartbreaking. I couldn't wait to get to the ending, and yet, at the same time, I didn't want it to end.

As the book is developing, I'll be honest in saying that I was worried that it might seem rushed in order to tie everything together and end. But author Brenda Pandos does an amazing job of tying everything together and keep the story flowing easily.

Nicholas is finally back, but something
Rachel Householder
Many of the series I have read lately do not finish strong. Or leave me wanting to read more by the author. After book 1 I want to read everything they've written, by book 3, I would be okay with not reading anything.

NOT SO HERE!

In fact, I wanted more about these characters. What a GREAT series, great story, and great characters.

I've read a lot of YA lately, and this is the series I want to see more of, movies, print, however I can get it.

Well done.
Misty Wyatt
I so loved this book. I just hate the thought of it being the last one. I so want more. Iwant too know how Nicholas and Julia handle things from here on out. I want too know if Phil gets with Sam. I just want more of Nicholas.
It has love, hate, losing close friends and having loved ones hurt. And it deal with what it would be like too never loose someone.
Brenda I want more.
LeNore
WOW! This was the best written book of the series. Once the action started (and it started early on) it was rapid fire action and danger. One thing I love about this series is the supernatural character changes, their good, then bad, then indifferent. I loved that! I never knew what to expect. I can't say more without spoiling it for others. It really kept me reading.
Mya
Wow Brenda, just WOW! I cant even begin to tell you how amazing this book was. Completely blown away by the action and how everything came to be. I am sad to see that this series is over, but it couldnt have ended in a better way. Thank you for writing such wonderful books that I will read over and over again throughout the years to come.
Royale
"I wish for a fourth book," was the sentence that I though at the finish of this book. What a story! Amazing. The twist at the end threw me off for a second, but only made me read faster.

Whether you're 10 or 110, this book is a must read.

M&M Drew
Stephany
That was amazing! Brenda, You really pulled everything together beautifully! I'm just sad that it's over I'm really going to miss Phil most of all! ;) If you loved the first two in this series, Onyx really tops it off! A MUST READ!
Nicole
Omg....this was am awesome ending to a great series. I'm kind of sad that there won't be anymore Julia and Nicholas, but I really liked how it ended. I smiled a lot and cried at times. Loved it!!
Amanda
I love this series. It is really well done and the characters are amazing. Nicholas and Julia are one of my favorite literary couples. I also love love love how this series ends. It was a great read.
Anna Lynn Portwood
WOW!!!! I absolutely LOVED this book! I loved how it ended and the whole build up through out the story to the happy ending. Can't wait for the next book to come out by Brenda Pandos.
Jodi Morgan
This was a great series. The ending was refreshingly different. Great job Brenda.
Valerie Waters
Loved loved loved the ending!!!! Kinda cheesy but I loved it!!
Allison Sautkus
Loved this series! So sad its done!
Cynthia Cene
Review coming soon
Katie
The Onyx Talisman, the final book in the Talisman series, does not disappoint fans of the trilogy. It's full of action, suspense, steamy romance, and blood-crazed vampires. Fans will get everything they wanted and more!

Getting back into the story takes pretty much no time at all. Things pick up shortly after the ending of The Sapphire Talisman and it's hard not to get sucked back in. Tension is high, hearts are broken, and friendships are being tested. The Onyx Talisman is one surprise after ano
Alicia
Mar 27, 2012 Alicia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Alora looked back and the corner of her lip turned up. “It’s always darkest before the dawn, Julia. Good luck.”
Her words sent chills up my spine as she vanished.

Unrest stirs deep in Scotts Valley. Filled with uncertainty, Julia anxiously awaits Nicholas’ return. Phil, hurt and unsure of his place as a sober vampire, holds the pieces of Julia’s fragile psyche together, secretly hoping Nicholas stays away forever. Scarlett bides her time, plotting for the perfect moment to prove herself and earn
Lauren
Ever since I stumbled upon The Emerald Talisman, the first book in the Talisman series, I've been a huge fan of this series as well as Brenda Pandos. Brenda always manages to write such spectacular books that are plot as well as character driven, so to say I was pumped to read The Onyx Talisman, the last in the series, is a serious understatement. I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next, and I had inkling that Brenda would figure out the perfect way to end the series. Luckily, my pred ...more
Jennifer  Howell / Late Bloomer Online
I love this series so much, and am sad to see it end. I know that wrapping up a series, and meeting all your readers expectations has to be really hard. You can never make everyone happy. I felt like something was missing in this finale for me. Due to something that happens to Nicholas, I felt like I didn't get enough of the couple I love in this last installment. By the time I felt like what I was looking for was finally there... it was the end and I admit I felt a little let down. I'm just a h ...more
Anna  Tee (The Bursting Bookshelf)
Wow. All I can say is wow, what an amazing end to an amazing trilogy. The action starts at the beginning and keeps rolling through to the end, as it did in the rest of the books in the Talisman series. If I could change one thing, it would be that I would have begun this series much earlier than I did.

The characters continued on their monumental growth that had been building throughout the series. By the end, Julia was a stronger young woman than ever before, having seen both the good and the ba
NightlyReading Heather
Wow oh Wow!!! This was an explosive ending to a fantastic trilogy!

Julia is waiting for Nicholas to return. Thankfully, she has Phil to keep her occupied. I must gush on Phil for a quick second! I love Phil and even though Julia has a “thing” for Nicholas, I still adore the character of Phil! He is funny, sweet, sincere and does not really come with all of the baggage that Nicholas does.

The vampires start literally coming out of the woodwork. It has been one wonderful roller coaster ride of many
who's with me for a book 4? 3 22 Sep 30, 2012 06:40PM
The OnyxTalisman 1 21 Jan 16, 2011 06:26PM
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed, #3)
  • Angel Eyes (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • Vamp Yourself for War (Vamp Chronicles, #2)
  • The Dark Rising (Of Witches and Warlocks, #4)
  • Fated (The Bloodstone Saga, #2)
  • The Knight of the Rose (Dark Secrets, #1.2)
  • Blood Jewel (Vampire Agápe, #2)
  • Forever (Immortal, #2)
  • Blood Secrets (Alexandra Sabian, #2)
  • The Remedy (Eyes of E'veria, #2)
  • Beloved Purgatory (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • Oathbound (The Shimmer Trilogy, #3)
  • Blood Bond (Pulse, #5)
Author Brenda Pandos lives in California with her husband, two energetic boys, orange cat and eight chickens. She writes YA Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy and Post Zombie Apocalypse Dystopian books. Other than writing, she’s most likely trying some crazy thing she spotted on Pinterest. More than anything, she loves to hear from readers, so feel free to email or write on her facebook wall.

Visit
More about Brenda Pandos...

Talisman (5 books)
  • The Emerald Talisman (Talisman, #1)
  • The Sapphire Talisman (Talisman, #2)
  • Out For Blood (Talisman #3.5)
  • Blood Wars: Volumes 1-4 (Talisman Series)
Everblue (Mer Tales, #1) The Emerald Talisman (Talisman, #1) Evergreen (Mer Tales, #2) The Sapphire Talisman (Talisman, #2) Everlost (Mer Tales, #3)