Flying Kite, Crashing Ship

Flying Kite, Crashing Ship

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Crashing Time Ship.

The Space Commission hot on her trail.
French spies and flying kites.

For Dr. Sally Pescon, this can’t be good.
Kindle Edition
Published January 2nd 2011 by MuseItUp Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Flying Kite, Crashing Ship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flying Kite, Crashing Ship

Rochelle
Crashing Time Ship.
The Space Commission hot on her trail.
French spies and flying kites.
For Dr. Sally Pescan, this can’t be good.

Dr. Sally Pescan was on a routine trip studying geology in pre-historic North America. She regretted not taking piloting lessons when the time-ship she was aboard crashed. To make matters worse, it crashed at a time when people didn’t fly, women weren’t doctors, and they certainly did not wear trousers!

Miss Amanda Grey was having tea with Colonel Lindsey, a potential s...more
Jackie
My copy is a PDF version won from the author and have to say it was the most enjoyable short story that I have read on my computer in quite a while... Well worth checking out for those who like sci-fi, time travel, and humor filled adventure that allows us a small glimpse of how restricting it is to be female in Regency England during the time of the Napoleonic Wars... The main character is a very "liberated modern female", Dr. Sally Pescon... Her counterpoint, Miss Amanda Grey, is a young lady...more
Bea
"Flying Kite, Crashing Ship" is a sci fi with a touch of steam punk and a helping of etiquette. In only 5900 words, Ball gives us humor, action, tension, and a gentle poke at Regency era mores.

She uses Dr. Sally Pescon, from the future, and young Miss Amanda Grey, from the past, to compare and contrast manners and societal expectations in two very different eras. Dr. Pescan's ship crashes in Regency England, a time that doesn't comprehend time travel, and has radically different expectations of...more
Lin Holmes
What happens when the future crash lands in the past?

We're about to find out.

Dr. Sally Pescan is on a research mission when her spacecraft goes wonky, bends time and lands smack dab in what appears to be Georgian England.

Miss Amanda Grey is no simpering society maiden. When the flying kite crash lands on her property, rather than swoon, she defies her current suitor, Colonel Lindsey and charges out to learn all she can about this strange flying thing.

Krista D. Ball writes with humor. Her short s...more
Marva
I really like Krista's writing. When I read "Harvest Moon," I immediately grabbed up Flying Kite.

This little time travel/steampunkish scifi is a fun read. Very innovative in treating the sub-genre. Maybe the MC could have had a little more guts, but she carried through.

No spoilers here. You'll just have to read the book yourself. And it's a very enjoyable, although too short, read. I'd really like to see a full-length novel from Krista. She's a killer writer.
Soma
Soma marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Bobbi
Bobbi marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
First (Wrong) Impressions Spirits Rising (Spirit Caller, #1) What Kings Ate and Wizards Drank Harvest Moon Tranquility's Blaze (Tales of Tranquility,  #1)