Start by marking “The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days: Recipes to Make Every Day Special” as Want to Read:
The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days: Recipes to Make Every Day Special

The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days: Recipes to Make Every Day Special

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  319 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The Hummingbird Bakery has brought their mouth-watering yet easy-to-make cupcakes to kitchens everywhere. In this book they show readers how to bake delicious cakes and other sweet delights for those days of the year that are just meant for indulgence, as well as those times when you just deserve a little treat.
Published March 1st 2011 by Collins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days

Hello, Cupcake by Alan    RichardsonThe Cake Bible by Rose Levy BeranbaumBaking by Dorie GreenspanKaffeehaus by Rick RodgersLittle Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse by Kaye Hansen
Dessert Cookbooks
66th out of 155 books — 37 voters
Front Row Center's Passion in the Kitchen by Cynthia B. AinswortheMy Greek Traditional Cook Book 1 by Anna OthitisMom's Island Bakens by Martha Char LoveThe New Basics Cookbook by Julee RossoGluten Free Slow Cooker by F.L. Clover
Cook Books
56th out of 170 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Vicki
Love Love LOVE the tiramisu cupcakes - they're so light and fluffy - you can add or subtract as much alcohol as you want to add to the cream filling, be as coffee-ish as you like - I love coffee, but have an aversion to most "coffee flavoured" food stuffs - I LOVE THEM!!!!! I like to add Baileys on account of not having Kahlua, but hey, anything goes!

The recipes almost always work out as it says on the page, I've never had a problem with any of them. Highly recommend this and the first book Y.U.
Prachi
I am one of those people who read recipes like they're some delightful prose or poetry. And why not? They are indeed. This one was such a joy. The recipes are written so precisely, describing every little thing thou have to do to the utmost tee. If you read the recipe once or twice before starting, its almost certain you can't go wrong. I tried the cardamom loaf and it was lovely!
Hannah
May 08, 2012 Hannah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
This book is presented absolutely beautifully: the cover is stunning, all of the photography is absolutely beautiful, and the layout of every recipe is simple and easy to follow.

The recipes look absolutely phenomenal, the kind of book where I want to bake everything at least once.
Annab
Spent a rainy afternoon making the strawberry daiquiri cupcakes and lemon cranberry cupcakes. Delicious! Very easy to follow instructions and beautiful photos. This is my go-to book for baking.
Shonaigh Mudie
A beautiful and jam packed recipe book by the famous Hummingbird Cafe. It holds an array of tantalising American baked treats. As a book, it is beautiful and bright with thick pages and generous full length photographs of the completed items. The recipes are simple with easy to follow instructions. On the most part the recipes do not call for bizarre/obscure ingredients that are hard to track down (find that some cookery books are guilty of that). The hints and tips section at the end of the boo ...more
Anula
Good recipes. Nice ideas of taste combinations, but I found that in each and every recipe way too much sugar! No problem with reducing it even by 50 g without compromising on the overall result :) Some recipes are just variations of the previous ones in the book, so if you were to look at the book overall - you would discover that there are maybe 4-5 main recipes only and the rest is just "variation" of them.
Amelia
God knows how, but somehow I managed to leave this in the charity shop. Just as well really, because there was barely two or three recipes in the entire book that didn't sound amazing... these things are not good for the waistline! But if they taste anything like they sound, they'll be absolutely to die for.
the never-ending library
‘Tis the season to be greedy’ ... so don your festive apron and have a go at baking some treats from the Hummingbird Cake Days cookbook this Christmas.

This baking bible is adorned with impossibly beautiful and mouth-watering images of various calorific delights. The chapters are conveniently divided into occasions instead of specific cakes, such as Valentine’s Day; Spring Weekend Bakes; Mother’s and Father’s Day; Birthdays and Celebrations and Rainy Day Treats to name a few. I love this – it mak
Hannah
I was left slightly disappointed by this cookbook. The recipes are delicious, and they are also fairly easy to follow. It's all very fashionable.

And that was my problem. There was nothing ground breaking flavour-wise. There wasn't anything that I stopped and went "Oh my, I HAVE to make these IMMEDIATELY".

If you're after a book to start you on your way to cupcake supremacy, I can only recommend this book. But if you want something a little more dramatic, I'd go it alone.
Eleanor
Some fantastic recipes in this book and I tend to go back to it ever now and again
Frankie Valente
I wouldn't normally pass comments on cookery books but this book is so lush! Beautiful photographs, inspirational recipes and nothing that seems too taxing for a novice cook like myself. Just off to the supermarket now to buy the ingredients for rose muffins and lemon and thyme loaf.
Julie Miles
I absolutely adored the recipes in this book. I did however learn to use them more as guidelines and to adjust each one accordingly. My favourite recipe was the Guinness cake, I definitely recommend giving it a go.
Trine
Seriously never get tired of the cakes in this one.
YUM! Everyone with the tiniest baker inside should own this.
M
Love this book!! Everything comes out perfectly and everybody raves about them!
Rachel
Sep 06, 2012 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is my baking bible!! Love the recipes in here, and they never fail. Amazing. :D
Raquel Curvacheiro
salivamos só de olhar as fotos!!! ideal para gulosos armados em chefs!
RUTH GUTHRIE
Jul 15, 2011 RUTH GUTHRIE is currently reading it
the cupcake revolution is here
Dale
Dale added it
Feb 19, 2015
Pinky
Pinky marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
  • The Great British Bake Off: How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and Other Baking Secrets
  • The Vintage Tea Party Book
  • Cupcakes From The Primrose Bakery
  • Baking Made Easy
  • Leon: Naturally Fast Food: Book 2
  • Mary Berry's Baking Bible: Over 250 Classic Recipes
  • Ladurée: Sucré
  • How to Bake
  • Bake
  • The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old Fashioned Recipes From New York's Sweetest Bakery
  • I Love Macarons
  • Jamie Does...
  • Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights
  • Vintage Cakes: Timeless Recipes for Cupcakes, Flips, Rolls, Layer, Angel, Bundt, Chiffon, and Icebox Cakes for Today's Sweet Tooth
  • More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • Seasons
  • Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer: A Golden Treasury of Classic Treats
  • Made in Italy: Food and Stories
Tarek Malouf was born in London and studied at London and Los Angeles universities, where he discovered American desserts. After working for ABC News in the UK and enjoying American desserts on trips to the USA, he decided to set up The Hummingbird Bakery on Portobello Road. The Bakery's home-cooked cupcakes, pies, brownies and other high-quality American desserts were a huge success and the Baker ...more
More about Tarek Malouf...
The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home: 100 New Recipes for Baking Brilliance Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes & Muffins The Hummingbird Bakery Cupcake Kit Hummingbird Bakery Bakes for Birthdays and Celebrations: An Extract from Cake Days