Start by marking “Dear Asshole: 101 Tear-Out Letters to the Morons Who Muck Up Your Life” as Want to Read:
Dear Asshole: 101 Tear-Out Letters to the Morons Who Muck Up Your Life

Dear Asshole: 101 Tear-Out Letters to the Morons Who Muck Up Your Life

Ever wish you could leave a nasty note for that jerk in the Hummer who blocked you in, or the idiot who didn’t clean up after his dog? Now you can! Dear Asshole includes 101 letters to all of the assholes you encounter on a daily basis, each letter conveniently perforated so you can tear it out and give it to the desired offender. Whether it’s the asshole landlord, the ass ...more
Published August 2nd 2011 by Running Press

To ask other readers questions about Dear Asshole, please sign up.

Jules Sinclair Yes, it's hilarious. However you need to be someone who is cynical and has a good sense of humor. Not someone who ever says "oh that's mean" or "oh…moreYes, it's hilarious. However you need to be someone who is cynical and has a good sense of humor. Not someone who ever says "oh that's mean" or "oh stop complaining". It's literally like one of the few humor books I have ever laughed out loud at. Ended up buying 5 copies for friends and they all love it.(less)

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Chicago commercial photographers

If there’s one thing every person on the planet has in common, it’s that we’ve all had to deal with an asshole at some point. When I saw this little beauty available on the clearance shelves at my local Half Price Books for a measly buck I snatched it right up. I mean I work for attorneys for Jeebus’ sake – I figured I could probably use at least 100 out of the 101 tear-out letters confronting a-holes about their a-holery. Unfortunate
Tasfia
Jun 04, 2014 Tasfia rated it it was amazing
This book is just hilarious. Too bad I can't send these letters to anyone or else I'd probably receive a restraining order.
Shannon
Dec 15, 2012 Johanna rated it it was amazing
Amusing!
Trish
Mar 07, 2013 Trish rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this book for a great laugh! Well said, well written, and worth every penny!
Ginny
Aug 02, 2012 Ginny rated it it was amazing
hilarious!! so worth my would-be study time.
Lance Pickens
Dec 24, 2014 Lance Pickens rated it it was amazing
Saweeeeeet!!!!
Jack Haringa
Dec 31, 2014 Jack Haringa rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Dear Assholes Who Wrote This Book,

I'm sure that you were the very paragons of wit in your sophomore year of high school, but sadly it seems your sense humor failed to develop past that stage. Just like many an over-praised 15-year-old, you've clung to those memories of making classmates laugh while the rest of the kids grew up and mastered higher levels of cleverness and repartee. Or at least a more advanced vocabulary.

To be sure, you've occasionally lucked into a good turn of phrase or witty an
meghann
Nov 08, 2015 meghann rated it it was amazing
This was just great. I bought this as a gift for a friend, and I'm that asshole who reads the books before gifting them.

photo tumblr_lhb1fwkZJe1qa0f1lo1_500.gif

I have to admit, I've left a few scathing and borderline psychotic notes on cars of assholes who park so close to mine that I have to crawl through from the passenger side. This book would have come in handy. I didn't realize how many people drove me crazy until I found myself agreeing with each of the 101 scenarios.

photo preach-it.gif

My parents came for a visit, and we all laughed as I read
Cathy
Jan 11, 2012 Cathy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone in need of a little comic relief
Recommended to Cathy by: Shawn Walle
Shelves: just-for-fun
This book was such fun! I loved it! "Hand written" tear-out notes to all the A-holes that frustrate us on a daily basis. I laughed out loud at nearly all of them and the others gave me big smiles - just a few of those to whom the letters of frustration are written: Dear Asshole Backseat Driver, Dear Asshole Who Stole My Parking Space, Dear Asshole Joined at the Hip Couple, Dear Asshole Graffiti "Artist", Dear Asshole Who Brought Seafood to Work, Dear Asshole at the Movie Theater - and the list ...more
Jules Sinclair
Jul 05, 2015 Jules Sinclair rated it it was amazing
This book makes me laugh, over and over! I happened upon it one day in B&N and I'm glad I picked it up. I swear I could've written half of these letters! The book covers almost every type of moron out there. You will find a few you want to give to your coworkers, a few you want to give to your friends and a few you want to hand out to strangers. Uses for this book: Keep at work and reference for a good laugh on a slow Friday afternoon, Give to a friend you know appreciates this type of ...more
Lydia
Nov 08, 2013 Lydia rated it it was amazing
Any book that gives me a good hour of looking like a freak because I'm sitting in a corner cackling and hooting is worth 5 stars to me. I almost peed my pants. BTW, I paid $10 for it, so I'm going to lend it to everyone I know so i can pretend I got my money's worth.
Anne
Jul 24, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, humor
I love this book. It's important to realize what it is, I think, and that's pretty much that it's a bathroom book. It's not something I'd sit and read straight through, but it's perfect for short bursts of reading. Each letter is about 3 paragraphs, and all are funny. Guaranteed that you know at least one of the assholes portrayed in this book ;-)
Btownpaul
Jul 06, 2015 Btownpaul rated it it was amazing
Funny book, I feel like they were speaking for me with most of these letters. I ended up buying multiple copies, one to rip out letters and leave them around work, and one just to keep to read.

Truly witty and fun! Buy it for laughs, buy it again to hand it out.
Staci Zalewski
Jul 05, 2013 Staci Zalewski rated it really liked it
Hysterical..A perfect gift for every asshole in your life!
Tracy Little
Nov 06, 2016 Tracy Little rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. I laughed out loud on some of these. #sotrue
Wayne
Jan 24, 2016 Wayne rated it it was amazing
This is the funniest book that I have ever read! Hands down, one of the smartest, funniest and altogether supremely well written books in my humor collection. I laughed my ass off from start to finish. The best thing about this book was that every single letter in it could have very well been written by me at some point in my life. OUTSTANDING!!!
Asma
Mar 22, 2015 Asma rated it did not like it
Neither funny nor passionate. In most of the letters, I found myself thinking of the letter-writer as the real asshole.

Side note: This book reminded me of how much I hate whining, childish, self-centered brats.
Not to self: Don't be one of them.
Apzmarshl
Oct 15, 2012 Apzmarshl rated it liked it
Crud....I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this first.
Totally hilarious idea! Rip out letters to all the a- holes you might cross paths with. I laughed at some but found myself feeling like they missed the mark on others. The book was a great idea though.
Emily
Oct 23, 2013 Emily rated it liked it
This book was given to me as a gift.

There are some letters that I can definitely put to use.

It really does cover a wide spectrum of Assholes that we all encounter in our every day lives.

Goodreadsreadsgood
Goodreadsreadsgood rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Matthew
Matthew rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2013
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Matthew O'neal
Matthew O'neal rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Brian Bowling
Brian Bowling rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Al Gaito
Al Gaito rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • Texts From Last Night: All the Texts That No One Remembers Sending
  • Honey Badger Don't Care: Randall's Guide to Crazy, Nastyass Animals
  • Devotions For the Beach and Days You Wish You Were There
  • Mama
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life!: How to Get Through Life's Holes Without Getting Stuck in Them!
  • WTF?: How to Survive 101 of Life's Worst F*#!-Ing Situations
  • À la Cart: The Secret Lives of Grocery Shoppers
  • Bad Bridesmaid: Bachelorette Brawls and Taffeta Tantrums--Tales from the Front Lines
  • Craft-a-Doodle: 75 Creative Exercises from 18 Artists
  • Sh*t My Kids Ruined: An A-Z Celebration of Kid-Destruction
  • Wreck the Halls: Cake Wrecks Gets "Festive"
  • Whatever You Are, Be a Good One