Start by marking “The Map: Finding the Magic and Meaning in the Story of Your Life” as Want to Read:
The Map: Finding the Magic and Meaning in the Story of Your Life

The Map: Finding the Magic and Meaning in the Story of Your Life

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Intuitive counselor Colette Baron-Reid is renowned for helping people create the purposeful and authentic lives they desire. In this fascinating book, Colette hands you the "magic wand" of your own awareness so that you can begin to perceive your life as a wonderful adventure, and see yourself as an enchanted mapmaker. Enter a deep journey into your inner landscape and mee ...more
Published January 15th 2011 (first published January 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Map, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Map

Trine
I haven't finished this yet, but I am finding it difficult to fully focus on the content. I was quite put off by Baron-Reid's self-plugging in the beginning. If I like an author, I will go search out his/her other works; I don't need to be told that, by the way, they've also written this book and that book, and published this CD, and started up this company, which you might want to check out if you want to get the full value of what you're reading now. It feels a bit like shameless self-promotio ...more
Lindsay
A nice book to begin with if you are not familiar with archetypes and visualization but for those who have read other books like 'Woman who runs with the Wolves' or the archetypes book written by Jung, you will be disappointed... there are a couple of archetypes and landscapes described in the book, again... and again, and again. Some exercises are even repeated too. Also, Colette is very self-centered... in every chapter you will read more about her (past) alcohol problem or self-promotion. Wha ...more
Star
I tried to read it. Skimmed through most of it. Good detail with archetypes. I was more than impatient as it felt repetitive.
Lynne
The core of the book was something I understand, but giving names to past hurts would only make me relive it-I don't want to do that:) Her suggestion to use the magical allies that lay within myself seems to me to then be putting something or someone between God and myself. Again, I do not want to do that. She is passionate about her work and that comes through in the book.
Johanna
I didn't quite appreciate all the effort that Colette put into describing everything. It would probably have been given a higher grade from me if the focus had been on the principle of reaching into oneself rather than spending most of the time describing characters. However, what I really liked, was the idea of writing "off" and doing this in a storytelling manner.
Kim
This is an interesting re-interpretation of Jung's archetypes but I preferred 'Women Who Run With the Wolves' written in the 1990's. Colette's character/archetypes are a more modern take on the themes but I found that she had do too much explaining to make it work. There are moments of brilliance in the book so I gave it a good rating.
Katie
Overall a good start to a self help book and premise. The ideas offered are a new take, something to incorporate into the daily grind. The idea of the Goblin and other personalities within was fun. Giving different aspects names and titles makes our experiences and how we approach them all the more real.
Kelly
The Map is amazing! Colette has the ability to transform complex psychological principles into digestible, magical, components that can aid anyone in the journey that we call life.

To read an interview with Colette, see the interviews section on my blog:

Rosalyn Marie
Loved the cleaver way Colette explains how we travel through different times in our lives as pathways and the naming of these times such as the Bone Collector and so forth and so on. She is a fabulous teacher and author, easy to read and understand.
Sheena Smith
I love this book because of the way she describes the adventure of life. She has wonderful analogies and suggestions to help the reader understand and improve ones thoughts and path of life.
Bernard Charles
A creative take on my current spiritual journey. Very visual based so great for the creative type. Easy to understand so decent for the beginner or advanced in a new age lifestyle.
Bernard Charles
Rob Buckel
No real new information. Some creative ways to express it, but more often than not it seems forced.
Name25
Skimmed through. Was disappointed.
april
april added it
Aug 22, 2015
Anna Dirksen
Anna Dirksen marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Melodie
Melodie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Peggy Sheppard
Peggy Sheppard is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2015
Co de Feijter
Co de Feijter marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Heidi L.
Heidi L. is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2015
Deb Hillman
Deb Hillman is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2015
Tammy Bidlock
Tammy Bidlock is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2015
Jennifer Kelly
Jennifer Kelly is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
C Pure
C Pure marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • How to Rule the World from Your Couch
  • A Mythic Life: Learning to Live our Greater Story
  • Past Lives, Present Miracles: The Most Empowering Book on Reincarnation You'll Ever Read...in this Lifetime!
  • Experience Your Good Now!: Learning to Use Affirmations
  • Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards
  • The Lotus and the Lily: A 30 Day Soul Program
  • Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want
  • Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You
  • Archetypes: Who Are You?
  • The Dinner Party: From Creation to Preservation
  • Walking on Eggshells: Navigating the Delicate Relationship Between Adult Children and Parents
  • Belief: Readings on the Reason for Faith
  • Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
  • The Best Year of Your Life: Dream It, Plan It, Live It
  • The Jane Austen Cookbook
  • The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time
  • Wheat Belly 30-Minute (Or Less!) Cookbook: 200 Quick and Simple Recipes to Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
Colette Baron-Reid is an internationally renowned intuitive counselor, educator and best selling Hay House author who helps others recognize and connect with their own intuition, potential and purpose. Powerful motivational speaker, charismatic broadcast personality, and acclaimed performer, storyteller and recording artist, Colette uses her extraordinary spiritual gifts to empower her clients to ...more
More about Colette Baron-Reid...
Messages From Spirit: The Extraordinary Power of Oracles, Omens, and Signs Wisdom of the Hidden Realms Oracle Cards: A 44-Card Deck and Guidebook Remembering the Future: The Path to Recovering Intuition The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards: A 52-Card Deck and Guidebook The Enchanted Map Oracle Cards