Start by marking “Manifest Your Destiny: Nine Spiritual Principles for Getting Ev” as Want to Read:
Manifest Your Destiny: Nine Spiritual Principles for Getting Ev

Manifest Your Destiny: Nine Spiritual Principles for Getting Ev

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,190 ratings  ·  50 reviews
From the inspirational leader and author of the international bestsellers Your Sacred Self and the classic Your Erroneous Zones comes this mind-awakening guidebook for making your desires reality.

Based on ancient principles and spiritual practices, Manifest Your Destiny introduces the Nine Spiritual Principles that will help you overcome the barriers--both within and aroun...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Manifest Your Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manifest Your Destiny

Jeff Maziarek
This book features a discussion of "nine spiritual principles that can be applied by anyone desiring to take charge of their life. When it was initially published in 1997 Dyer also released a CD based on the "Seventh Principle: Meditating to the Sound of Creation." In summary, Dyer proposes that sound can be used to alter our own vibrational frequency so as to consciously attract people, things, and situations into our lives.

I actually put this tool into practice in the late 1990s, intent on fo...more
StoryTellerShannon
In this series, Dyer's focuses on the power of manifesting what you desire. To him, there's a lot of truth that if you ask and believe in something you shall get it. Of course, this goes against the logic of the age but some things can't be quantified, can they?

The audio series is very much about washing the garbage out of your head and moving forward with more inspiration. Real life examples are given as proof and it's up to the listener to deciee whether they believe or do not believe it.
Rubina
"I have the divine ability to manifest and attract what i need or desire"...this sentence from the book basically sums up the message from Dr Dyer. The central theme of this book is that we have the power within ourselves to attract to us everything that we want. He lays this out in nine principles :
1) Becoming aware of your highest self
2) Trusting yourself is trusting the wisdom that created you
3) You are not an organism in an environment: you are an environorganism
4) You can attract to yoursel...more
Pamela Wells
I consider Wayne Dyer to be the West's version of a guru. He has been writing fabulous self-help books for over 30 years. As he continues to evolve his own wisdom, he expertly translates complex, universal spiritual principles into convenient, readable formats that most of us can understand right away. This is one of my favorite books written by Dr. Dyer but all of his books are a good place to start for people seeking more self-knowledge.
Terry
This is a book to read and reread as I work toward living as a being interconnected to everyone and everything. I especially loved the ninth principle of gratitude for all that comes into my life -- focusing on the positive (all that is right and good) rather than the negative (what is missing). That's a great lesson for the holidays and for the start of a new year. Easier said than done!
Lorand Ernyey
In the age of computers and electronic devices
I am never without a book.
When I was reading this book the saying occurred to me.
You are today where your thoughts brought you you are tomorrow where your thoughts take you. By James Allen
This book is an exploration along those lines but much deeper than that.
A very convincing argument that we can achieve our deepest desires.
Tara
I respect Wayne Dyer and enjoy the principles, however, the writing style grates against me. I listened to the audio version and was surprised when Wayne, reading his own book, re-enacted "procreation sounds." Didn't expect that.

Notes

4. You can attract to yourself what you desire
5. Honor your worthiness to receive
6. C...more
Brian Kaplan
This book I read just after starting into reading in Search of Man's meaning, both helped me get a vision of what is important in life and work and Manifest Destiny helped me many long lonely nights in a Hospital in Bellevue Washington actually take inventory in me, my work and helped me right a book that became a plan for my business. (Marketing / Sales Manual) Ultimately it taught me as I was reading and writing the importance of laws of attraction. As I wrote and walked the halls of the hospi...more
Kevin Leigh
I found this book at the right time when I needed it most. It really help me understand my place in this world and why I should not be upset by much of what goes on in it. I think if you're even considering having trouble in your life this book is a must read for you
Vikas Tikare
Another exceptional book by Wayne W. Dyer to change your perspective about our destiny and life. A bit complicated for the people who are new to this belief.
Noelle
I read this book over and over. It really helps to keep me focused on what is important.
Kelley
This is my absolute favorite of Wayne Dyer's books. He is a gift to us all.
Yoli Marie
5 Stars! Enough said. The title says all. Manifest!
Elliot

Almost everyone to whom I've recommended this book has commented on how little they care for the title, but I hope some of them were able to get past that and read it, because it really is one of the best spiritual guides of our time. One of its main strengths is in its pithiness and warmth - it can be read in an afternoon, and savored for years. Every time I go back to it, I find new insights that I didn't catch before, because my priorities had changed. The central theme of the book is the One...more
Sandie
I have studies these principles for many years...the Law of Attraction...Attitude of Gratitude...etc., so this book was a bit too basic for me. I thought it laid out the 9 spiritual principles nicely for the novice, but didn't offer many new thoughts...as always though, you can always learn something. I do enjoy Dyer straightforward way of presenting ideas and giving people the 'key' to happiness. Whether you call it Universe, God, Yahweh, etc, you can find a connection with these areas of study...more
Hilary
I think Dyer lost me in the moment he plagiarised ideas by relating the old "it made a difference to that one" chestnut as something that happened to him. We all know this story: Two people walking on the beach, and one is tossing stranded starfish back into the sea. The other asks "Why are you doing that? Look at all the starfish here. You'll never get them all, so you can't possibly make a difference." The reply is "It made a difference to that one."

The origins of the story are murky (I even t...more
Sarezh Zyad
Good Book in search of spiritual life and most desire Goals that you have to focus on at different stages of life .
The 9 principles
6. Connect to the divine source with unconditional love
7. Meditate to the sound of creation
8. Patiently detach from the out...more
Nancy Lopez
Si yo pudiera regalar este libro a cada persona que conozco, lo haria! este libro mas el alquimista son de los mejores libros que he leido, porque sobre todo te hacen cambiar tu vida. En que sentido? te hacen dejar de ser la victima de la realidad a crear la realidad que realmente quieres en tu vida. Es un nuevo entendimiento de Dios y como influecia nuestra vida diaria.
Una vez empiezas el camino a la iluminacion, y aceptas que todooo lo que pasa en tu vida es porque tu lo has creado, dejas de c...more
Andrea Hill
Fantastic book - one I've gifted to several others through life. which reminds me, I should read it again..
Shakya Kayne
I love Wayne Dyer he gets me so motivated. I re-read his work when ever I become despondent.
Susan
Dr. Dyer writes about law of attraction principles long before The Secret was published.

He reviews 9 principles on how to create the life you desire. I found his explanations of the principles to be easy to understand and also easy to practice.

If you have ever struggled with understanding and successfully using law of attraction principles, this is the book for you.

For anyone who is not familiar with the foundations of law of attraction, it may be a bit too deep.

Eddie
I have been reading Wayne Dyer's books and seeing his PBS specials for years, and love his depth of wisdom and his easy-to-understand teaching style. This book is very powerful, and will light the way for anyone interested in turning dreams into reality through the creative power of intention. I highly recommend this book. Review written by Eddie Coronado, author of the Amazon.com book titled "Manifest Your Millions: A Lottery Winner Shares his Law of Attraction Secrets"
Katie Q
Well all I can say is Wow!

Ok I can say more than that. This book is amazing if you are in the right space to take it in. I have gained much from it and I know that I have a long way to go. I will be reading it again shortly. I have taken a heap of notes and I have been using them to help me on my journey.

This is my second time reading this book and I know I was not in the right space to gain from it. Oh so different now.
Greta
Working with the Law of Attraction, the author posits nine rules for getting what you want, which rely heavily on realizing that your are God, and that you can attract anything you set your mind on. You need to meditate, detactch from the outcome, and practice gratitude and generosity. That's it, really. Do it. Now.
Jennie
Dec 04, 2007 Jennie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
Shelves: read-already
This was my first introduction to Wayne Dyer. I must say...he was inspired by God, and continues to be. Great read for anyone starting their spiritual journey, or for you who've been on the path for a long time. He was talking about manifesting before it was a buzzword.
Leanne
I had this as an audio book, and I still listen to it regularly in the car. The concepts presented have truly made me think about my thoughts and actions, and helped me to be open to "what is". I thoroughly enjoyed this read (listen!)
Michelle
I just couldn't get into this book. It was a little too preachy on the spiritual side for me. I don't mind some spiritual elements, but this one just seemed to ignore reality and went straight for the preachiness.
Hector Zorrilla
Great book with very high spiritual (not religious)insight.

I recommend this reading!

Un gran libro con contenido espiritual profundo (no religioso).

Lo recomiendo!
Maureen
this is one i'd eventually like to own - dense subject matter that i could benefit by reading again and again. definitely not a fluffy book.
Jessica
A great starter companion to understand how one's attitude can be directly responsible for what one attracts into his or her life.
wayne dyer 1 6 Oct 14, 2008 02:00PM
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • The Power Is Within You
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • Love Is Letting Go of Fear
  • No Ordinary Moments: A Peaceful Warrior's Guide to Daily Life
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want
  • Creating Money: Keys to Abundance
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • You Can Be Happy No Matter What: Five Principles for Keeping Life in Perspective
  • Lessons in Mastery
  • Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
  • Practical Intuition
Wayne Walter Dyer is a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and...more
More about Wayne W. Dyer...
The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao Your Erroneous Zones Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling