3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  373 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Unleash Your Irresistibility

""Make Every Man Want You" gives every woman the tools she needs to unlock her inner magnet."
--Kelly Ripa

"A must read for any woman who wants to awaken her most conscious, irresistible self . . . delivered in a brilliantly funny and accessible way."
--Gay Hendricks, Ph.D., author of "Five Wishes" and coauthor, with Kathlyn Hendricks, of "Consciou...more
Published April 4th 2008 by McGraw-Hill Companies, The (first published June 21st 2006)

Chrissy L
Cute and applicable guide to putting your best foot forward- in all relationships.

I must say, after reading this book, all men want me and it's too time consuming to date them all...
Leah
This book was recommended to me by my cousin and I thought the title was so funny that I had to buy it. The book was actually excellent. It's not the type of book that give you cheesy pointers on how to find a man, but it's more about being fabulous and learning to love everything about yourself and your life. She talks about not putting things off in life because you're waiting for the point when you eventually find someone, and it's very inspiring, a get up and go type of missive fir single wo...more
Jami
This book is 99% crap. All this "is-ness" and other junk won't help. It'll just keep you in the same old rut because you'll be accepting the bad places you're stuck in.

Get rid of my list? ABSOLUTELY NOT! My grandma Pavlick always said you can NEVER be too picky when it comes to a man. It's better to end up alone then settling for someone who makes you miserable. And I know if a man doesn't meet my requirements he'll make me miserable.

I can see the point of throwing out those stupid "Rules" - bu...more
Art
Since I've been following the author Marie Forleo on youtube and heard about her book, I wanted to check it out. I really don't read these type of books so I have nothing to compare it too. Now that's out of the way, I have to say I found the book to be okay. I didn't have any "aha moments" but learned one thing. Which is I am on the right track. Most of the things mention for women to do, I've already realized and started making changes. I really don't have much to say, it's a self-help book. M...more
Mai

Make Every Man Want You ,the title attracted me at first and i expected this book to be all about relationships' rules and techniques that you have to follow to make every man want you, in other words a game of manipulation ,but this book encourages you to break all the rules and just to be yourself ,to hell with the rules .it seems interesting that it's all about you ,not him that you have to take care of yourself and get a life and be independent first to make yourself irresistible to any man...more
Taymara Jagmohan
The title is really foot-taping and mouth-widening, but it really doesn't encompass much about what men want.
It's just the book I have been wanting to read. It highlights the confidence that women should have; without the ego and the pride. Really. The ego and the pride do kill the true spirituality of us women. IT is true. Thankfully, I have learnt all this before releasing my self-adulations. It is important to inform men of your standards, and your requirements, but you can do so at the behes...more
Irene Palfy
Now - this was.. an experience.. It showed me that there are several very sad women out there - and I am feeling very sorry for them.. I hope for those who need a book like this to get hold of it and read it and get help from it.. Me it showed how happy I already am.. Which is actually a nice effect..

So: no new ideas - but several funny things and antagonisms..:

There're no rules - but don't do this.. ... Be yourself - but not too much..

...

Really - I had fun.. :") and I love the cover..

But: if...more
Nats
Since I couldn't think of anything worse than having every man want me, I'm not entirely sure why I read this book. There were some interesting nuggets in there (hence two-stars rather than one), but for the time and effort, I'd rather read anything recommended by the Entheos guys.
Catherine
Yes, I love to check out books for their titles. What is missing the the subtitle...

"How to be so irresistible you'll barely keep from dating yourself!"

Julianna Dawson
I strongly recommend reading "Make Every Man Want You: How to Be so Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!" Read it and act on it. It's that simple. It has everything I have been wanting to say whenever I hear someone talk about not finding Mr. Right and more. I even learned some new things that will help my almost 17-year marriage. Don't say I didn't tell you. And Oh! You can also get the audiobook at www.marieforleo.com under her "Work With Me" section if speed is important.
Ryann
So I'm very apprehensive toward self-help books but I'm glad I picked this one up. I originally planned for this to be a joke, just a silly book that would snap me out of my reading slump, however I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Even if I didn't agree with everything in this book, some parts truly helped with the way I view myself and others and the parts that I thought were ridiculous I ended up correcting and helping myself in the process of getting to read this book.
Joanne Nock
Interestingly, this was a self-help book that actually taught me things. Usually, I soldier on through them thinking " I already know that" and wonder why publishers pay people to state the obvious, but this was different. Thought provoking, eye-opening, more of a "what not to do" guide, which centres mainly around the principle of living in the moment.
Ebony
I picked up Make Every Man Want You because I started watching Marie TV, and I really like Forleo’s engery. The book was a disappointment though. I don’t think there was a nuanced idea in it. She just advises women to be their best selves and live in the moment. All the advice about taking care of yourself and not being a desperate nag seemed pretty basic to me. Or maybe I’m just not the audience. The book also didn’t seem to have her energy on the page the way it comes across on the screen. I a...more
The author spent more time praising the reader for taking the time to purchase the book than to offer any real advice. The best part of this book is the title.
Jen
I do like the idea 'make IS-ness your business'. I found the rest... odd... but it makes perfect sense if one is in the business of securing a mate.
Alexandrea J.
Oct 14, 2013 Alexandrea J. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: people who want more from their relationships
I borrowed this book from the library but I SERIOUSLY MUST get my own copy!!

Don't let the title fool you! This book is not only for those who are looking to attract that special man in your life. This book is for the people who want to learn just how to be irresistible and live an awesome irresistible life!

Get the job you want, the friendships you deserve, the life you need, and the confidence you know you really crave all with the information that Marie talks about in this book.

Definitely worth...more
Rachael
This is not so much a dating book as it is a book to get you back on track mentally. I loved it, but it gave some kind of "no duh" info.
Mar 15, 2009 Laura rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: all of you boys and girls
Shelves: power-bitch
This book is fantastic. It's an easy read, and the author is very insightful and provides excellent guidance.

This book is more about debunking relationship myths, avoiding relationship drama, and overcoming personal insecurity. The general message is that if you learn to love yourself, then you will be irresistible to everyone else. It's unique in that, it doesn't offer any advice on how to manipulate men or play relationship games. The book is marketed for women, but all of the information is...more
Jess Webb
I actually listened to the audio version of this book, and it was one of the BEST I've listened to ever. But then, I'm a HUGE fan of Marie's and may be a bit biased when it comes to her stuff.

This book gave me a new mindset about taking responsibility for my life and the way I show up in the world. It really inspired me to take better care of myself and to watch for ways that I can look and feel better, as well as interact with the people around me in a much better way.

I HIGHLY recommend this on...more
Christine
Excellent little book that's really more about fascination and changing one's personal energy to one of attraction in any field. The title is limiting as it keeps the book squarely in the realm of a dating book, when it's really trying to teach you how to be happy in living in the present moment. Recommended.
Vera
Vi esta senhora a falar sobre business no youtube e sobre o que é ser mulher no mundo empresarial hoje em dia e fiquei curiosa sobre o livro dela.
Ao contrário do que o titulo nos leva a pensar este livro não é apenas sobre conquistar homens, é sobre como nós (homens e mulheres) deveríamos viver as nossas vidas.
Tudo o que ela diz (escreve) é verdade e na minha opinião deveria ser senso comum... mas aparentemente não é.

Rlk Kapitan
This is a slim book, more about life coaching than dating. I read it for the latter. Forleo borrows heavily from other life coaches, particularly Tony Robbins. She does it in a feminizing and interesting way. I wouldn't want to take her to lunch when, say, a NOW convention was in town. She's successful and something about everything in life being figure-outable is uplifting.
Nicky Pitman
This is actually a book more about being your best self than about "getting a man." Forleo makes her point: the man - and the best one - will come when you are happy with yourself and own it!
The book was recommended to me more for that reason, and I read it at the best possible time because that is exactly where I feel like I pretty much am right now. Sweet.
Elena Li
I had a lot of fun reading it!

It is actually not about man at all (though some advice is given), but more about hoe to become courageous. I found some nice tips and tricks to use in my life (even I'm not searching for the spouse). Everyone will find something useful in the book, but only if open-minded enough.
Amanda Sampson
Cheesy title but Marie Forleo is one of my newfound heroes. This book is about unleashing your authentic self and feeling comfortable in your own skin, not tricking men into liking you, like the title might suggest. Women...men...read it!
Christine Belan
Not a dating book at all....A reminder of how we present ourselves to the world.
Janice Qercia
Interesting concepts... I love it :)
Roseanne
May 18, 2011 Roseanne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: All the Ladies:)
This book is great. I will totally read this again.
It focuses on living in the present and making the most of your life as it is right now. It's a great, fast read.
Sabrina Nelson
Good book on instantaneous transformation or abundance. Is about believing in yourself and specifically tailored to women though men could enjoy it too.
Self Help Lite 1 7 Apr 08, 2009 03:41PM
  • The Manual: A True Bad Boy Explains How Men Think, Date, and Mate--and What Women Can Do to Come Out on Top
  • Why Him? Why Her?: Understanding Your Personality Type and Finding the Perfect Match
  • Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate
  • The Modern Girl's Guide to Life
  • Be Honest--You're Not That Into Him Either: Raise Your Standards and Reach for the Love You Deserve
  • Mars and Venus on a Date: A Guide for Navigating the 5 Stages of Dating to Create a Loving and Lasting Relationship
  • Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them : When Loving Hurts and You Don't Know Why
  • All the Rules: Time-Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right
  • Decoding Love: Why It Takes Twelve Frogs to Find a Prince, and Other Revelations from the Science of Attraction
  • How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You
  • The Between Boyfriends Book: A Collection of Cautiously Hopeful Essays
  • The Go-Girl Guide : Surviving Your 20s with Savvy, Soul, and Style
  • Why Men Marry Bitches: A Woman's Guide to Winning Her Man's Heart
  • Deal Breakers: When to Work on a Relationship and When to Walk Away
  • It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy
  • The Personality Code: Unlock the Secret to Understanding Your Boss, Your Colleagues, Your Friends...and Yourself!
  • Ten Stupid Things Women Do to Mess Up Their Lives
  • The Vixen Manual: How to Find, Seduce, & Keep the Man You Want
Marie Forleo is a best-selling American author, speaker, web TV host, and trainer in personal development, entrepreneurship and marketing.

Her book 'Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!' is published by McGraw-Hill in 11 languages.

Her company focuses on creating entrepreneurship and personal development training.
More about Marie Forleo...
Make Every Man Want You: Or Make Yours Want You More)