Start by marking “Nana, Tome 9” as Want to Read:
Nana, Tome 9

Nana, Tome 9 (Nana #9)

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,797 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
La grossesse de Nana Komatsu et la demande en mariage de Takumi provoquent de profonds remous au sein de Trapnest comme de Blast. Nana Osaki ne comprend pas le comportement de sa colocotaire et c'est le désordre le plus total dans sa tête. Tandis que du côté de Trapnest, Reira est en train de craquer.
Published July 1st 2004 by Delcourt (first published November 14th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Nana, Tome 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nana, Tome 9

Sara
Mar 07, 2016 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
Nice to sit out in the sun and read Nana. Even a depressing Nana such as this one. I'm so caught in up these people's lives it's like they're my friends in a way. Man, is this one a soap opera.

I have no idea what's going to happen now. It's so sad!!!

I did like the bonus manga showing the history of Trapnest. That was nice.
Perpetual Writer's Block
I actually hated this volume, because I care way too much about these characters. I can't stop reading. I need to, but I can't.

Other thought: (view spoiler)
Summer
Okay, I'm probably not being as objective as I could be with this series, but I really do enjoy the hell out of it. This is probably the best volume yet, and I loved the Naoki bonus story. Yazawa skillfully injects drama into the series without resorting to overused shoujo manga tropes, and the characters remain utterly authentic - if you've ever spent any time with punk rockers or other alt-types, you'll recognize personalities in this series.

Admittedly, I'm a little embarrassed to be so hooked
Caroline
This is when the plot of the series starts to go on a more clear path, and while that usually makes a book boring this one is an exception. Hachi and Nana choose their paths for the rest of their lives, and though they mess up a bit with a few other people (and others mess up with them) they grow and mature, which is nice to see. Also, this volume includes the story behind Trapnest, and more Reira and Naoki, the dumb blondes of Trapnest! And we get to see that they aren't as dumb as they seem...
Jenny Clark
I love this series! I think Takumi is just very possisive but yea... Think Nobu is better for her but anyways... naration is still confusing me. Hope to figure it out soon!
The bonus was sweet and funny.
Nancy
Jan 26, 2008 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asian
Best volume yet!!

I love evil Takumi. >:)

Shin x Reira!

Nana reminds me of Betty Blue (37.2 Le Matin). You don't want her to fall off the edge of the world, but you know it's inevitable.

BTW, this series is by Ai Yazawa, not whoever is listed on the goodreads page for this book.
Martha Zavala
Sep 06, 2015 Martha Zavala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a short story and had many extra content. I'm more interested in the main story but still enjoyed the bonus story. Graphics like always were amazing.
Emma
Sep 22, 2014 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really curious to see what happens. I just want Hachi and Nana to go back to normal!!
Jenten0018
May 20, 2014 Jenten0018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly I understand that it's hard to talk to someone after something like this happens. I wish Nana would visit Haichi. It would be weird, but it's obvious that they still want to be around each other.

As for Takumi it's hard to tell. Sometimes it seem's like he does love Haichi, but then other times it's like he's playing part in some play.

I did like the Trapnest history. That was interesting to see. I was surprised about the whole Reira and Yasu relationship when they mentioned it in one o
Susan
Oct 11, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ai Yazawa is trying to break my heart.... Poor Nana.... Poor Hachiko....
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Rating: A
Synopsis: Nana Komatsu is a 20 year old with a penchant for falling in love at first sight. After a year at art school, her best friend and her boyfriend move to Tokyo, so Nana decides to save up her money and follow them after a year.

Nana Osaki is a punk singer in the band Blast with her boyfriend Ren. When Ren gets an offer to join an up-and-coming band in Tokyo, he leaves Blast and Nina behind. A year later, Nina heads to Tokyo as well.

The two women meet by chance on the tr
Maite
May 24, 2013 Maite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-shelf, reviewed
El noveno volumen de ナナ Nana por Ai Yazawa nos presenta el golpe más duro que ha recibido la amistad entre ハチ Hachi y ナナ Nana. Cuando el mundo idealizaba un embarazo como un motivo para estar feliz, este tomo nos demuestra que por encima de tal felicidad, la confusión y la tristeza se imponen sin mesura entre la amistad de éstas dos grandes amigas.

ブラスト Blats sigue avanzando hacia su debut profesional, aunque es perceptible cuan impactante ha sido la noticia de la unión entre ハチ Hachi y タクミ Takum
Trane
May 31, 2008 Trane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like shojo-manga, rockers, drama queens
Shelves: manga-and-comics
Nóri Somogyi
Dec 05, 2013 Nóri Somogyi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kereesa
Mar 23, 2013 Kereesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Nana and contemporary, adult romance
TAKUMI. TAKUMI YOU SICK SICK FUCK MAN

If I didn't hate you before, I definitely hate you now.

As soon as I find you in the fictional world you inhabit...it's on.

Oh Nana, oh Nanas. Oh Shin. Oh everybody except you Takami. This series makes me cling to hope so soundly while it slowly but surely pulls my fingers off one by one.

STOP GIVING ME HEART ATTACKS YAZAWA. I WANNA READ HAPPY STUFF AGAIN.

4.5/5
Aleina
Feb 25, 2016 Aleina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist
I really should not have read this. But it's just sooo good! T.T It's so completely, utterly, horribly, absolutely sad!!!! T.T I'll never get enough of this series. T.T
Laurianne Uy
Mar 25, 2014 Laurianne Uy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Really nice to read Trapnest's backstory this time around and absolutely heartbreaking to read about the NANA's split from each other.
Andrew Kristensen
La Revistería Comics
Feb 19, 2016 La Revistería Comics rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, ed-arg
¡Volvió Nana! En un tomo tan gordo como tierno, y que por primera vez incluye unas bellas páginas a color :D
Saoirse
Encore un tome bien tristounet. J'aime bien le fait que ce soit Nana Osaki la narratrice. Je n'aime toujours pas Takumi, je commence même à le détester... Hâte de lire la suite!
Karen Cheng
Oh no... volume 9 was just the start of all the tragic events of NANA. I've watched the anime before.
Variaciones Enrojo
Edición argentina con un capítulo extra que incluye páginas a color.
Greg
It's Schlock. I know. But the 13-year-old girl inside of me can't get enough.
Wendell
Apr 27, 2013 Wendell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-own, manga, teen
This is the first 'Nana' volume that I have read. I feel like I have a connection to these characters and my heart goes out to them, even though I have no idea how they got to the points in their lives that they are at (having not yet read volumes 1-5). Definitely a series that I want to keep reading.
Mazohyst
I promised myself that I would write mini reviews for each book, but I don't have anything to say. I'm too absorbed in it all to analyze it. It's just really a great manga. I'm sad that I didn't read it earlier. It's definitely a series to buy.
Amy
Mar 07, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yasu with hair~! =D I thought the bonus story did a great job showing a bit of everyone's past. And Naoki even got to stand in the spotlight a little...

Nana O, you're my hero too!! Haha...
Lauren
Oct 31, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was a fabulous manga series. The characters were really in-depth and the plot was superbly entertaining. I love the two Nana's and how their stories intermix.
Oyceter
Sep 13, 2007 Oyceter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
OMG. This made me cry two or three times, and I am reading it in Japanese! Just... wah! So good!

Full review: http://oyceter.livejournal.com/639374...
Helena
Dec 21, 2008 Helena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I HATE TAKUI NO OFFENSE.
HE JUST LOOKS SO PERVERTED AND STUPID. NO OFFENSE AGAIN.
Katie
Dec 07, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
see full review @ Katie's Corner
  • Mars, Volume 08 (Mars, #8)
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 3
  • We Were There, Vol. 11
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 12
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 16
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 2
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie
More about Ai Yazawa...

Nana (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Nana, Vol. 1 (Nana, #1)
  • Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)
  • Nana, Vol. 3 (Nana, #3)
  • Nana, Vol. 4 (Nana, #4)
  • Nana, Vol. 5 (Nana, #5)
  • Nana, Vol. 6 (Nana, #6)
  • Nana, Vol. 7 (Nana, #7)
  • Nana, Vol. 8 (Nana, #8)
  • Nana, Vol. 10 (Nana, #10)
  • Nana, Vol. 11 (Nana, #11)