Start by marking “Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3” as Want to Read:
Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3

Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3 (Bleach: Omnibus #1)

4.34  ·  Rating Details ·  1,512 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Death & Strawberry

Ichigo Kurosaki has always been able to see ghosts, but this ability doesn't change his life nearly as much as his close encounter with Rukia Kuchiki, a Soul Reaper and member of the mysterious Soul Society. While fighting a Hollow, an evil spirit that preys on humans who display psychic energy, Rukia attempts to lend Ichigo some of her powers so th
Mass Market Paperback, 3-in-1 Edition, 576 pages
Published June 7th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1

Dasha ~Made of bad materials, yet well put together~
*Me before taking Japanese*: "Whoa, Ichigo is a really cool sounding name! It's got something to do with number 1, right?"

*Me whilst taking Japanese*: "Well, I've never seen a badass character unironically named "Strawberry" before."
Dux
Sep 05, 2016 Dux rated it liked it
Bleach Volume 2

One sentence plot summary: Ichigo's early adventures as the substitute shinigami with Rukia guiding him, meeting side characters and dealing with hollows and other things.

For the most part, this volume was aight. It wasn't anything special, but it's that part early on in a shounen where the mangaka is not exactly prepared to give you any significant backstory or plot development or reveal more important villains and plot points. The first volume establishes the premise and the
Holly Fetter
Jul 13, 2014 Holly Fetter rated it it was amazing
This manga is constantly being checked out at the library where I work, so I decided to check out (literally) the 3-in-1 manga and the first volume anime to see what the fuss was about. Well. Now I'm obsessed.
The storyline is interesting, and I haven't come across any annoying characters yet (which us amazing, in my cranky opinion). The female characters are...normal...thank God,not helpless little flowers eating to be rescued, or over the top butch characters.
Unless something drastic happens
MissAnnThrope
Sep 28, 2012 MissAnnThrope rated it really liked it
Rating: * * * * 1/2

Bleach nicely blends the serious with the silly. It leaves you waxing philosophically about the afterlife and then, seconds later, gives you a fit of the giggles with its hilarious comedic moments. I love the combo of wacky humor interspersed with truly awesome ginormous sword-wielding fight scenes. This manga is one of the funniest out there and it always manages to make me smile.

There are so, so many characters in this series. Their personalities are all very unique, and th
Julian
Aug 06, 2011 Julian rated it it was amazing
I've just finished watching the 32 available dvds of Bleach and I'm so ridiculously fascinated (i.e. obsessed) with the series that I'm now going through the manga.
There are a few things that grab me about this series: it's hilarious yet manages a seriousness that is, at once, angst riddled, philosophical, and touching. There is artistic and character ephemera that is giggle inducing and awesome for its ability to hook into and endearing the reader to the varied personalities of the series. Of c
Alina
Aug 16, 2013 Alina rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
Vou ser sincera: comecei a ler o manga por ter adorado o anime. Como muita gente começa.
Está bastante bom, este começo. Não é tão espetacular como sei que ainda se tornará, mas está muito bom.
O que adoro especialmente é o detalhe dos desenhos e os pormenores da história, que num anime nunca aparecem a menos que sejam tremendamente necessários para o desenvolvimento da mesma.

Vou continuar a seguir os próximos volumes, sem dúvida.

Amelia Harvey
Jan 16, 2017 Amelia Harvey rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I know Bleach is incredibly popular and I'm sure I'm in the minority but I just wasn't particularly blown away by it. Apart from Ichigo and maybe Rukia I really didn't like any of the characters (and i didn't like those two that much). It's a plot i've read before done better elsewhere.

Saying that it's not designed to be aimed at me, it's a shonen manga. Don't get me wrong I like shonen manga as well as shojo, but take my dislike of Bleach with a pinch of salt.
Sebastian
Jan 26, 2017 Sebastian rated it it was amazing
I think this is a very good book. It is the first 3 books in the bleach series and they are all good. In in a kid gains the powers of a soul reaper. A soul reaper is someone who sends souls to the soul socity and kills hollows who are evil spirits.
Ea Solinas
Apr 29, 2015 Ea Solinas rated it really liked it
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki is just your average teenage boy... except that he can see spirits wherever he goes. Ghosts, evil spirits, accident victims, all kinds.

So it's not exactly surprising that he gets involved in wild, dangerous adventures in the first three volumes of "Bleach." Tite Kubo's art and plotting experience some basic growing pangs, but the stories are fast-paced, amusing and sometimes incredibly poignant. And the spiky-haired Ichigo has the makings of a great manga hero.

One ni
Nicola Mansfield
Jul 13, 2013 Nicola Mansfield rated it it was amazing
Vol. 1: Death & Strawberry - Fantastic beginning volume to a very long running series which is currently publishing in the 50's and still going! This has a bit of everything: humour, battles, monsters, paranormal, romance, etc. Things start off with two main characters and only a few supporting ones allowing the reader to get to know the characters without being bombarded with too much as often happens in volume one of manga series. It felt like everyone was shouting at each other all the ti ...more
Matisse
Jan 18, 2017 Matisse rated it it was amazing
Had a two long train rides this weekend. I bought this years ago but never had the time. Now, I had read these volumes way back in high school, but that's a decade ago now. I packed Ichigo Kurosaki with me and gave it a spin.

'Bleach' broke my heart.

I know from basic cultural osmosis that Bleach becomes a shonen fight-fest, with power levels, overpowered protagonists, and characters introduced simply because Kubo wrote himself into a corner. I know it goes on too long. I know that the Soul Soci
Alexis U
Jun 17, 2015 Alexis U rated it it was amazing
Summer Biannual Bibliothon: Read a book set in a foreign country.

Excellent start to the series. I love all the characters so far, and the world keeps getting bigger and deeper and more interesting.

I only have two complaints-- the action sequences get very complicated and hard to follow. I essentially just end up skimming the sound effects and imagining a vague fight scene. This is a problem I usually have with all graphic novels as well, but it's worse when all the panels are in black and white.
Tiffany Sinclair
Sep 08, 2016 Tiffany Sinclair rated it it was amazing
My childhood revolved around bleach,

loved all the arcs and falling in love each and every character even some of the 'evil' ones :3 {Grimmjow and Ulquiorra to mention some}

Still sad that the anime stopped :(
Saphirablue
James
Jan 26, 2013 James rated it liked it
Shelves: library
A good start to the series that seems to have 50-odd volumes. I knew a little about the Bleach story so the first three volumes did not pose any surprises. And yet, it's a pretty intriguing read, it's black on white pages so things like ginger hair are momentarily lost.

Worth a read if, like me, you fancy something a little different, like manga and sequential art. Also worth a read if, if like, you like amusing yourself with other people's reactions to the books you read.

Second read through - R
Kathleen
Oct 13, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I have watched Bleach the anime (at least up to the Soul Society arc), so I had some previous knowledge going into this. Sire, Ichigo is a bit of a Gary Stew, but whatever, the fights are always epic. (And I love how Ichigo has many wardrobe changes and outfit makeovers).

In this volume, Ichigo gets soulreaper powers from Rukia, saves Orihime from her hollowfied brother saves Chad from the hollow chasing the parrot with a boy's soul inside of it, gets his body possessed by Kon for the first time
Melissa (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
Reading this manga makes me want to go and watch the anime again. I love the story and characters and I find almost nothing annoying about it. I love the funny moments and the world is just so well developed.

I'm glad I can go onto the next issue!

Anyone looking to get into manga, I highly recommend this one.
Angelina Justice
Apr 09, 2014 Angelina Justice rated it it was amazing
So, I read the first volume of this Manga a few years ago, and totally didn't connect with the story. I was confused by the violence and hyperbole. Now that I've read several Manga and Manwha, I have revised my opinion to MOST EXCELLENT!
Nicole Fowler
Mar 21, 2014 Nicole Fowler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was a little confused with everything that was happening in the beginning, but I started to get used to the main family and began to figure out the characters and their relationships/personalities after a bit. Very good series.
Lauren Auty
Sep 10, 2013 Lauren Auty rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adored this opening to the series and cant wait to get stuck into more. the characters are witty yet blending with the serious, the story takes in the deeper thoughts of the after life, regret and loss. very compelling, funny, and moving.
Buggz
Just awesome, bring on volume2!! well 4,5 and 6 :)
M.A. Ray
Sep 27, 2015 M.A. Ray rated it really liked it
Terrific. Funny stuff and serious story blend really well to make for an entertaining read. If you want to get a start reading manga, start here.
Oliver Hodson
Sep 23, 2014 Oliver Hodson rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Great story of death and revenge and all that. Super introduction to the mythos of this world, and to ichigo
Maria Kelly
Jun 06, 2014 Maria Kelly rated it really liked it
Like books to movies, there are some differences in plot/scenes in the manga compared to the anime. Volumes 4,5, and 6 are on the way. Can't wait.
Brenda
Feb 23, 2014 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love that they created the 3 in 1 editions and i have been collecting them since i found the first at B.A.M.
Amazing series of mangas I highly recommend
Joshua Mcdonald
Dec 13, 2015 Joshua Mcdonald rated it really liked it
i wasn't sure if i'd like this, but then there was a teddy bear.
Amanda Hernandez
Jul 11, 2016 Amanda Hernandez rated it really liked it
Grace
Jan 19, 2013 Grace rated it really liked it
I love the anime...so reading the manga was required.
Anna
May 11, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
Funny, exciting, awesome. I highly recommend it.
Samantha
Sep 11, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Geez, this is really good. :) The library has revived my interest in manga.
HMSA Reads: Book Review: Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1 1 4 Jan 10, 2017 07:12AM
  • Reborn! Vol. 17: Hibird Arrives! (Reborn!, #17)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 3
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 9
  • 学園アリス 27 [Gakuen Alice 27]
  • One Shot Away, A Wrestling Story
  • One Piece: East Blue 1-2-3, Vol. 1 (One Piece: Omnibus, #1)
  • Naruto (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Vols. 1, 2 & 3 (Naruto: Omnibus, #1)
  • Rockin' Heaven, Vol. 02
  • Dazzle, Volume 1
  • Shakugan no Shana Vol. 1 (Shakugan No Shana, #1)
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Vol. 4
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach: Omnibus (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2: Includes vols. 4, 5 & 6