Start by marking “Crazy” as Want to Read:
Crazy

Crazy

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  1,090 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
Ella hears voices and they don’t like anyone.

Institutionalized at a young age after the breakup of her parents, Ella’s always heard voices. Even worse, the voices in her head like to act. She thinks she’s crazy and destined to be a patient for life until the night she meets a vampire and for the first time in her life, the voices shut up.

Zane just wants to enjoy his usual
Published November 29th 2010 by Liquid Silver Books (first published November 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy, please sign up.

Recent Questions

Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I really liked the premise of this story and the characters. I wish it had been longer or there was going to be another book. I definitely would've liked to have seen where the heroine's story progressed to with her newfound talents.
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Read as part of the Tall, Dark & Alpha Boxed Set boxed set.

5 stars.

This was a really interesting and original story in the vampire genre! I loved the entire story and how Ella and Zane meet. Ella's back story and how she came to be where she was was very interesting and unique! Together they were great and it was a really interesting story! I would love to read more from Zane and Ella and hope there is more to come! A very refreshing, original, engaging story.
Laurie Garrison
I loved Crazy. It’s a unique, sexy and fast pace vampire story. The only problem was Eve, why couldn’t this have been a novel? I am blown away now, if this would have been a novel I think I would have lost my socks LOL. I love both the hero and heroine and how they worked together. You’ll find danger, adventure, a hot sexy vampire (that wears a cape I might add) and one crazy woman that might not be so crazy after all. You’ll have to read to find out how this one lucky woman finds love and ends ...more
jD
This is the best $4.50 novella I have ever read. I am so going to keep this one on my Kindle homepage so I can re-read it. I do not usually re-read books so that's saying quite a bit. It was funny, charming, and fast paced but not rushed.

Ella has been in a mental institution since she was seven and now in her early twenties. It just so happens that Zane, a local vamp, likes to snack on the patients. They meet during one of his trips to the buffet. She sees him through his glamor and is unphased
Maya
BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? YES.
Rating: -5 stars

Review

Finally a book I can read with ease and without the annoying OW presence. This is a short sweet story that can be devoured in mere two hours. It has mystery, romance, action, humor and my favourite double POV. A gr
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
So, I am having a love affair lately with Eve Langlais...This is another great one by this author who is new to me! Crazy is about a young woman who is in a mental institution because she hears voices, but all is not as it seems. At least not until she meets a mysterious and handsome stranger and uncovers a world that would have most humans running for their lives, but she has never felt more at peace.

Crazy is a paranormal romance, but definitely has a different feel than her books, Lucifer's D
Ronda  Tutt
EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT!

Now that story Totally Wow’d Me! What a great short but very HOT! Read. I was captured immediately and couldn’t put the book down. The erotic scenes were perfect and it was refreshing to see the 69 position used because that totally rocked. I will definitely be reading more of Eve Langlais works - she now has a new fan. My minds sexual appetite wants more! Great Writing!
Red Iza
Ella hears voices. Plenty of voices. Hundreds. She’s been hearing them forever and found herself locked in a lunatic asylum at the tender age of 7.The voices are not always good for her, but they do their best to protect her since she’s among the few who can hear them.

Lunatic asylums are a place of choice for Zane : he’s a vampire, can feed there without being bothered or attracting attention. Until he falls upon Ella, who’s resistant to his sleeping suggestions, much to his surprise.
He helps he
Kelly
I know I say this EVERY time I review a book by Eve Langlais but... I freaking adore her characters. They're just so whacked out and it makes me love reading about them. I mean, Ella's had to deal with some weird stuff in her life - not the least of which is being locked up in a mental institute for years and years and years - and she's so accepting of the weirdness that it just made me clap with joy. She's fun! Zane's fun! He doesn't expect to run across someone who can resist his beguilement a ...more
Lola
I have heard a lot of good things about Eve Langais's books, but this is the first of her books that I actually read. And after reading it, I can definitely see why I heard a lot about her books. The writing style is really well done. The tone of the story is light and humorous and it makes for a fun read. I had a lot of fun reading this book and am already looking forward to reading more by this author.

The chapters are short, which worked great for me. There are chapters from both Ella and Zane
LynnMarie
Mar 18, 2011 LynnMarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dodie's Review

This isn't your standard boy meets girl, they fall in love book. Zane's not your normal hero, he's a vampire there to feed from the crazies. He finds himself drawn to Ella, but he keeps trying to talk himself out of seeking her out. Ella is crazy -- ok you got that from the title -- but then Zane swoops in on his white horse and rescues her from the insane asylum. From start to finish, Ella continues to surprise Zane and draw out protective instincts that he didn't realize he had.
Carolyn F.
Short story. 52 pages. A girl is sent to a mental hospital at the age of 7 because she hears voices. At 25 she meets a vampire who is at the mental asylum for a late night snack. It's almost love at first sight. Very good story.
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Oddly, I didn't like the revised and longer version of this. I thought the initial version was sweeter, the new version wasn't as awesome.
Julz
Mar 28, 2017 Julz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet funny story. I enjoyed this.
Amanda-Lee (StoryWings)
Although Crazy was definitely intriguing it didn’t live up to my high expectations of Langlais’ abilities.

Ella is crazy, literally. She hears voices and sometimes has violent tendencies that she can’t control. She has been in mental hospitals since she was seven years old, now she’s twenty-five. Ella is resigned to her existence; relying only on a prophecy the voices told her when she was young of a man coming to rescue her.

Ella was definitely interesting but a little too naive and flimsy for my
ൠSinful
CRAZY is a paranormal story about a vamp, Zane, who happens upon a girl in a psychiatric institution, Ella, whom he has no powers over. Ella hears voices in her head. Hundreds of voices. To make matters worse, the voices have been known to actually act out to protect her as they see fit. Of course, living in an institution, the protection comes with a price. Everyone assumes Ella is responsible.

Once Zane frees Ella, the adventure into what she is and why her talent makes her desirable leads to
Stephanie  G
Jan 25, 2011 Stephanie G rated it really liked it
Ella has spent her whole life alone in a institution. Hearing voices seem to put people off, especially when the voices tell other peoples secretes.
One night Ella meets her dark prince. When he stepped into her room the voices were finally silent. This stranger stirred feeling in Ella she never experienced before, even though she didn't know his name or what his face looks like. Leaving as fast as he came Ella never thought she’d see her dark prince again.
Zane knew the girl at the institution sh
Calisto
Jul 01, 2011 Calisto rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ghosts
Mary Sue, Ella, is institutionalized as a child for hearing voices. Cape wearing Zane the Vampire does his nightly hunting in...you've guessed it...mental institutions cuz it's so much easier to eat when the food can't run and is insane.

Now, Eve Langlais is quickly becoming one of my 'go to' authors. Her writing and storytelling have never failed to be entertaining and this story is just that. Unfortunately, it didn't completely work for me. The concept is right on the money: fresh and interesti
Lyndi
May 06, 2015 Lyndi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was... odd. First, let me say that I really did enjoy it. But it got kinda ridiculous at times. I guess I was in the mood for ridiculous, though. The prose gets weirdly formal with stuff like "I fear I shan't last long..." And then the next sentence is "Holy fuck!" It was an uh... interesting mixture of styles.

This is just one of those dirty little books that you simply hop on and enjoy the ride. I don't see how you could not like it at least a little bit.
Beatrice
Jan 22, 2012 Beatrice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ella was naive, wise, and with or without voices in her head a little crazy.
and the book was much more fun than I expected it to be, it was also hot and sometimes but slightly cheesy, but it made it also more entertaining.

And I liked the whole concept of voices in her head, it was great fun * _ *

But the book was a bit short and "The enemy" was ultimately quite ridiculous and no real excitement, No real challenge.
Ellen Kingsley
Jan 25, 2011 Ellen Kingsley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a neat vampire story. Short, but it actually works.
Jennifer Holzapfel
Ella has been hearing voices since childhood. The family priest said she was possessed and had to say prayers constantly when she heard the voices. The voices made her ask one too many questions, and she ended up being sent to an asylum, after asking her father why he was kissing the blonde lady and why were they playing with no clothes on. Neither parent wanted her and sent her to live in the asylum. She is now 25 and has lived most of her life in asylums. She has just been moved to a new facil ...more
Patricia
Mar 11, 2017 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is the first book i have read by this author and I was blown away . I have never laughed so hard . Eve puts hers her characters in some real sticky situations and its so much fun watching them get out of them . Case in point in Crazy we meet Ella . a girl who can here voices and has been instutionalized for most of her life . Until the day she meets Zane . a vampire who just really wants to be alone . When they meet they both feel things , she is happy the voices have stopped and he wan
Donna
Feb 24, 2017 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crazy is a sweet, funny sometimes heart wrenching tale of a young woman who hears voices. She was abandoned to a mental institution at a young age and grew up in that environment. But don’t feel too sorry for her. Her voices can and do act out when she is in danger or just because they can. The only one to ever quiet the voices is a 300 year old vampire who just wanted a meal. And there their adventure begins. Watch as Ella learns to live outside the ordered/controlled environment of the mental ...more
Rhonda Jones
Mar 14, 2017 Rhonda Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pleasantly Different

I have read almost everything this author has written and I was pleasantly surprised by the unique storyline. Ella seems almost childlike but no wonder, she has not had a lot of good childhood experiences. It is a wonder she is such good natured but accepting of the evil things in life. This story had a great plot and unique characters. I enjoyed it very much.
Elizabeth Wheeler
Great

Eve Langlais has become one of my favorite writers. Her characters are always interesting, and her story lines intriguing. I have read many of her books and been charmed by every one. I hope there is a follow up to this book.
Tashia Jennings
Jul 15, 2017 Tashia Jennings rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who said hearing voices is a bad thing?

Witty banter, cute, and oh so heated! Just what is needed in this delightful paranormal read! Another 5 star read by the incredible Eve Langlais. She never disappoints! From first page til the last, it held it and left me wanting more.
Tiffany
Mar 19, 2017 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book!

I loved everything about this book, the adventure, romance and a thrilling plot. I couldn't put the book down. I can't wait to read more.
  • Deal with the Devil
  • The Demon Duke and I (Duke of Brimstine, #1)
  • Siren Song
  • One Night in Paradise
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • The Vampire's Kiss
  • More than a Convenient Marriage?
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • The Billionaire's Elusive Lover
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Destiny Divided (Shadows of Destiny, #1)
  • Wedding Night With A Stranger (Presents Extra)
  • Master of Her Virtue
  • Beauty (A Faery Story, #3)
  • Beastly Desires (The Verochka Pride #1)
  • Arctic Shift (Denali Heat, #1)
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali
More about Eve Langlais...

“Ella knew she should be horrified. Zane had killed someone for just touching her. But, and she might burn in hell for thinking this, she thought it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her. In a perverted way, she also found it romantic. She finally had someone who wanted to protect her. My very own vampire in dark armor. 19 likes
“What’s so funny?” she asked, crinkling her face in confusion. “This,” he said, whirling to bat down the books that sailed at him with flapping pages. “I mean in my youth, we had iron chastity belts to keep maidens pure, but this is new. And entertaining.” He smiled at her with sharp teeth, not at all bothered by her voices poltergeist act.” 2 likes