Start by marking “Crazy” as Want to Read:
Crazy

Crazy

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  700 ratings  ·  66 reviews
Ella hears voices and they don’t like anyone.

Institutionalized at a young age after the breakup of her parents, Ella’s always heard voices. Even worse, the voices in her head like to act. She thinks she’s crazy and destined to be a patient for life until the night she meets a vampire and for the first time in her life, the voices shut up.

Zane just wants to enjoy his usual
Published November 29th 2010 by Liquid Silver Books (first published November 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Read as part of the Tall, Dark & Alpha Boxed Set boxed set.

5 stars.

This was a really interesting and original story in the vampire genre! I loved the entire story and how Ella and Zane meet. Ella's back story and how she came to be where she was was very interesting and unique! Together they were great and it was a really interesting story! I would love to read more from Zane and Ella and hope there is more to come! A very refreshing, original, engaging story.
jD
This is the best $4.50 novella I have ever read. I am so going to keep this one on my Kindle homepage so I can re-read it. I do not usually re-read books so that's saying quite a bit. It was funny, charming, and fast paced but not rushed.

Ella has been in a mental institution since she was seven and now in her early twenties. It just so happens that Zane, a local vamp, likes to snack on the patients. They meet during one of his trips to the buffet. She sees him through his glamor and is unphased
Laurie Garrison
I loved Crazy. It’s a unique, sexy and fast pace vampire story. The only problem was Eve, why couldn’t this have been a novel? I am blown away now, if this would have been a novel I think I would have lost my socks LOL. I love both the hero and heroine and how they worked together. You’ll find danger, adventure, a hot sexy vampire (that wears a cape I might add) and one crazy woman that might not be so crazy after all. You’ll have to read to find out how this one lucky woman finds love and ends ...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
So, I am having a love affair lately with Eve Langlais...This is another great one by this author who is new to me! Crazy is about a young woman who is in a mental institution because she hears voices, but all is not as it seems. At least not until she meets a mysterious and handsome stranger and uncovers a world that would have most humans running for their lives, but she has never felt more at peace.

Crazy is a paranormal romance, but definitely has a different feel than her books, Lucifer's D
Ronda  Tutt
EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT!

Now that story Totally Wow’d Me! What a great short but very HOT! Read. I was captured immediately and couldn’t put the book down. The erotic scenes were perfect and it was refreshing to see the 69 position used because that totally rocked. I will definitely be reading more of Eve Langlais works - she now has a new fan. My minds sexual appetite wants more! Great Writing!
Red Iza
Ella hears voices. Plenty of voices. Hundreds. She’s been hearing them forever and found herself locked in a lunatic asylum at the tender age of 7.The voices are not always good for her, but they do their best to protect her since she’s among the few who can hear them.

Lunatic asylums are a place of choice for Zane : he’s a vampire, can feed there without being bothered or attracting attention. Until he falls upon Ella, who’s resistant to his sleeping suggestions, much to his surprise.
He helps he
LynnMarie
Dodie's Review

This isn't your standard boy meets girl, they fall in love book. Zane's not your normal hero, he's a vampire there to feed from the crazies. He finds himself drawn to Ella, but he keeps trying to talk himself out of seeking her out. Ella is crazy -- ok you got that from the title -- but then Zane swoops in on his white horse and rescues her from the insane asylum. From start to finish, Ella continues to surprise Zane and draw out protective instincts that he didn't realize he had.
Kelly
I know I say this EVERY time I review a book by Eve Langlais but... I freaking adore her characters. They're just so whacked out and it makes me love reading about them. I mean, Ella's had to deal with some weird stuff in her life - not the least of which is being locked up in a mental institute for years and years and years - and she's so accepting of the weirdness that it just made me clap with joy. She's fun! Zane's fun! He doesn't expect to run across someone who can resist his beguilement a ...more
Paranormal Haven
Ella has spent her whole life alone in a institution. Hearing voices seem to put people off, especially when the voices tell other peoples secretes.
One night Ella meets her dark prince. When he stepped into her room the voices were finally silent. This stranger stirred feeling in Ella she never experienced before, even though she didn't know his name or what his face looks like. Leaving as fast as he came Ella never thought she’d see her dark prince again.
Zane knew the girl at the institution sh
Amanda-Lee (StoryWings)
Although Crazy was definitely intriguing it didn’t live up to my high expectations of Langlais’ abilities.

Ella is crazy, literally. She hears voices and sometimes has violent tendencies that she can’t control. She has been in mental hospitals since she was seven years old, now she’s twenty-five. Ella is resigned to her existence; relying only on a prophecy the voices told her when she was young of a man coming to rescue her.

Ella was definitely interesting but a little too naive and flimsy for my
Calisto
Mary Sue, Ella, is institutionalized as a child for hearing voices. Cape wearing Zane the Vampire does his nightly hunting in...you've guessed it...mental institutions cuz it's so much easier to eat when the food can't run and is insane.

Now, Eve Langlais is quickly becoming one of my 'go to' authors. Her writing and storytelling have never failed to be entertaining and this story is just that. Unfortunately, it didn't completely work for me. The concept is right on the money: fresh and interesti
ൠSinful
CRAZY is a paranormal story about a vamp, Zane, who happens upon a girl in a psychiatric institution, Ella, whom he has no powers over. Ella hears voices in her head. Hundreds of voices. To make matters worse, the voices have been known to actually act out to protect her as they see fit. Of course, living in an institution, the protection comes with a price. Everyone assumes Ella is responsible.

Once Zane frees Ella, the adventure into what she is and why her talent makes her desirable leads to
Sharilyn Dickerson
**I read this book as part of the Tall, Dark and Alpha book bundle.**

Crazy Ella has a head full of voices, but her ghostly friends can’t protect her from a vampire in love.

Okay, my favorite short so far! This is one of those that I truly hope gets continued! There is so much more to this story and I would love to read more!

Ella’s life has been anything but ideal. She has heard voices for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately she is unable to control them and she often ends up in trouble. As
Marianne
One night, whilst dining at his "blood buffet" of choice, Zane, a vampire, happens upon a girl in a psychiatric institution, Ella, whom he has no powers over. The reason: From childhood, Ella has heard voices; hundreds of voices. To make matters worse, these voices get her in trouble, by spilling secrets, and have been known to actually act out to protect her as they see fit, whether she wants their protection or not. Of course, living in an institution, everyone assumes Ella is responsible.

Una
Beatrice
Ella was naive, wise, and with or without voices in her head a little crazy.
and the book was much more fun than I expected it to be, it was also hot and sometimes but slightly cheesy, but it made it also more entertaining.

And I liked the whole concept of voices in her head, it was great fun * _ *

But the book was a bit short and "The enemy" was ultimately quite ridiculous and no real excitement, No real challenge.
Carolyn F.
Short story. 52 pages. A girl is sent to a mental hospital at the age of 7 because she hears voices. At 25 she meets a vampire who is at the mental asylum for a late night snack. It's almost love at first sight. Very good story.
Tasha
Before I even had a chance to finish the other books I was reading by this amazingly wonderful author I went in search of other books and do you know what I found? That’s right more books. I was so anxious and excited to read more stories by her that I had to keep from jumping up and down screeching like a child but hey if you read books by her you would feel the same way too. Oh damn did yall read what this book was about?! Oh holy hell you couldn’t keep me away from this book no matter what. I ...more
Ellen Kingsley
What a neat vampire story. Short, but it actually works.
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. I liked Ella and Zane their story was hot and sweet and I liked the twist on her "voices". This is an insta-love story but it's also a PNR so it works with the story.

Ella has heard voices in her head since she could remember. The voices would tell her things, things that always ended up being true and usually got her in trouble. When Ella was 7, the voices got her to reveal her father's cheating to her mother and when they split neither of them wanted Ella and
Jasmyn
There were a lot of pros and cons to this one. I loved Ella, the crazy girl who hears voices, she was funny and engaging and had a bit of a smart alec hidden underneath. On the down side, I kept picturing her as a teenager because of her attitude and way of speaking - which really didn't fit with this type of romance. Don't get me wrong, she was an amazing and funny character, but something needed to put her more in the adult world for me.

Zane was not quite your typical dark and brooding vampire
Caroline
Five stars for managing to put a new spin on an old theme within the limited space of a short novella.

A vampire who frequents a local psychiatric hospital for his nightly snacks comes across a new inmate who can not only resist his glamour but seems innocently curious about his true nature. He ends up rescuing her from the hospital and setting her up in his gothic mansion. The hook to this fairly standard story is that the girl hears mysterious voices and seems to possess abnormal powers.

A nicel
Gaele
Have I mentioned that I have a new fave author for those off-beat sexy paranormal romances?
This is another story by Eve Langlais, and her books are fast becoming my new obsession. In Crazy Vamp Love ( a slightly plumper version of the book released in 2010) we meet a vampire who seems to feel the local mental institution is his own personal dining hall. But, while he isn’t looking to harm anyone, he is exploting the residents, until he finds one who looks right at him with a mix of curiosity and
Pagan
I think the story had a lot of potential as did the characters but found it disappointing because the story felt rushed in a way and the relationship a little forced because it was a novella rather than a book. I think this could have potential to be a really great book and delve further into the characters, their pasts (including Felicia) as well as the magic they are using. Also it would have been nice to to have more development from the villain side of things.
Brooke
I got this book as part of the Tall, Dark, and Alpha boxed set.

Hmmm… Well that was different but interesting… A vampire and a human girl who can hear voices. There were moments where I was annoyed, the number one moment being the use of the word ‘turgid’ to describe Zane’ s cock. I absolutely LOATHE that word with the burn of a hemorrhoid outbreak! The use of that one word alone knocks a half a star off my rating automatically. But the story was alright. There’s lots of potential for a great st
Danielle
Once again I'm very impressed with Eve's story telling. I haven't read a book she's written yet that I didn't like and this one is no different. I usually have a tough time with reading novellas because they feel rushed and incomplete to me but Eve's novellas aren't like this at all.
I fell in love with the charaters in this book. Ella is in a institution for her whole life thinking she's crazy and is rescued by a super sexy, badass vampire named Zane who doesn't beleive she's crazy after all. T
melissa
Probably one of her few books that I wasn't that impressed with. While I liked the characters, the whole thing felt rushed which was further proven by many sentences being a bit incoherent or missing words.

It'd be neat to see more from Ella & Zane, but would definitely want to see tighter editing.
Suzan
Apr 13, 2013 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I loved this book and the characters Ella and Zane! Ella thinks she's crazy cause she hears voices but what if she's not crazy and the voices are real? Zane thinks they are after spending time with her and realising she may not be crazy but supernatural.
I love the chemistry between these two, they are a great couple and I love that for her, he quiets the voices in her head and makes her feel safe and loved for the first time in her life. For Zane, Ella makes him feel alive for the first time si
Silvia Sherriff
I gave this book 3 stars.
A fast fun and very simple read. Nothing to exciting or taxing
No thinking required.
The reason for the 3 stars is because everything was just so anti climactic! I was waiting for.....more!
  • Deal with the Devil
  • The Billionaire's Elusive Lover
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • The Couple who Fooled the World
  • The Vampire's Kiss
  • Arctic Shift (Denali Heat, #1)
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Siren Song
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • The Dark God's Bride (The Dark God's Bride, #2)
  • Destiny Divided (Shadows of Destiny, #1)
  • Ties That Bind (The Bellum Sisters, #3)
  • The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf Babies
  • The Third Kiss: Dorian's Dream
  • The Good, the Bad and the Wild (Brothers & Sisters, #3)
  • Virgin Seeks Bad-Ass Boy
  • More than a Convenient Marriage?
  • Beauty (A Faery Story, #3)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestseller

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to aliens, the
More about Eve Langlais...
Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)

“Ella knew she should be horrified. Zane had killed someone for just touching her. But, and she might burn in hell for thinking this, she thought it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for her. In a perverted way, she also found it romantic. She finally had someone who wanted to protect her. My very own vampire in dark armor. 16 likes