Glaring Through Oblivion

Glaring Through Oblivion

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  5 reviews
From Serj Tankian—Grammy Award–winning lead singer of System Of A Down, songwriter, activist, and poet. Following his critically acclaimed debut poetry book, Cool Gardens, comes this new collection of stunning and original poems of darkness and light.

Complemented by the transformative illustrationsof the noted artist Roger Kupelian....more
Published March 22nd 2011 by It Books

To ask other readers questions about Glaring Through Oblivion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glaring Through Oblivion

Andrea Bartlett
excellent artwork throughout and great, insightful poetry. I really connected with much of what was being said here. Again, it was interesting to see different lyrics from Serj's songs contained within the poems. Amazing intro on the first couple pages; also Deaf Nation, Countless Manipulations, Vermillion, The messenger speaks through Chaos, and The Nerves of Them were just a few of my favorites here. A dramatic difference and improvement from Cool Gardens, however I did notice "The Void" was a...more
Michael
May 26, 2011 Michael rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Serj Tankian Fans
This book had both amazing poems and artwork which made it worth reading for me. The poetry was quite similar to 'Cool Gardens' and I felt the same way about them. Some of the poems were not very interesting and I found them quite mediocre. However there were many which made this book enjoyable. My favourites are 'Salivation', 'Uncertainty', 'The Teacher', 'Soon', 'Time' and 'The Incandescent Pause'.
This book even showed the inspiration to some of Serj's songs from as far back as System of a Dow...more
Rob
Enjoyed reading this book by talented singer/songwriter
Zac
Serj is a great singer, musician, activist, etc. but his poetry stands far better when lyricized than as poetry. He tries too hard with alliteration and assonance that would work fat better as slam poetry.
Victor Zajac
I hated this book. I don't even think it deserves one star. Sort of sad because he makes good music and I liked his other book of poems. This book just has a political agenda to it.
Luke Harris
Luke Harris marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Beqa Mamulia
Beqa Mamulia marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Jeremy Townsend
Jeremy Townsend marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Vandeviere
Vandeviere is currently reading it
Jan 18, 2014
Αναστασία
Αναστασία marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Cordluc
Cordluc marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Diana Kulyk
Diana Kulyk marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Gabriela Mella sánchez
Gabriela Mella sánchez marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013