Start by marking “Cookie Craft: From Baking to Luster Dust, Designs and Techniques for Creative Cookie Occasions” as Want to Read:

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Art of the Cookie

Equal parts baking and colorful decorating, cookie crafting is just the thing for crafters who love to bake and bakers inspired by the possibilities in a filled pastry bag. Here are all the clever tricks and insider's hints that will elevate your cookies to edible art.
Published August 22nd 2012 by Storey Publishing (first published October 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cookie Craft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cookie Craft

Shavonya
I am a cook, with a culinary degree and I am not a fan of baking. I am a horrible decorator. I can usually make things taste good, but not look good. With this book my first attempt came out pretty good, and I criticize myself harshly. It might seem like a lot of details and steps (it is), but if you read everything and follow every step it will come out really really good. Cookie slats, squeeze bottles, parchment paper, written out game plan,and doodling ideas, all worth having/doing. I made so ...more
Stacey
This book has photos of delightful cookies and instructions on how to decorate cookies the fancy way. I'm debating whether to buy what I need to try it out or just return the book to the library.

I've decided to pass on buying fancy cookie decorations and equipment in light of the economy. I can see myself revisiting this book one day.
Happyreader
I am not normally a baker or a promoter of fancy cookie-baking. For this book, however, I make an exception. I know Valerie Peterson and I know Valerie Peterson knows cookies and knows cookbooks. This book is a vision and a taste treat. It you are a baker, you want this book!!!
Jennifer Choisser
I really enjoyed the charts, templates, and tips this book had to offer. I know it's not realistic for my cookies to turn out as pretty with a 2 year old helping out but I look forward to building our cookie crafting skills together :)
Carol
I received this book as a Christmas gift and am loving it. I've been perusing it when I have free time and have already leared some new tips. I'm exciting to bake a batch of cookies using my new tips!
Dana Wright
This book is a wonderful edition to my nook library. Check out my review on my cookbook blog.

Marian
Beautiful creative decorated cookies, I haven't tried the rolled cookie recipe- I may save it.
Jennie
Awesome inspirations for decorating cookies. Very good instructions and ideas.
Ann
this was really nicely done-very inspiring to the novice baker-like me.
Elizabeth
Has my favorite chart for types of royal icing!
Slynne
Lots of new ideas and tips in this book.
Janastasia Whydra
Valerie Peterson's and Janice Fryer's Cookie Craft is beginning baker's recipe book on how to prepare, bake, decorate and store cookies for almost all occasions. The instructional book is broken down into these sections:

1) "Cookie Craft Inspirations" - Photos of end results.

2) "Ingredients, Supplies, and Equipment" - Lists of baker's terminology and tools of the trade.

3) "Cookie Craft Planning" - Tips on how to prepare to bake.

4) "Cookie Recipes for Creating Blank Canvases" - Includes recipes fo
Sumi
The book contained only four actual cookie recipes because its focus is on the decorating of cookies. The cookies are beautiful to look at, at least the snowflake cookies are. These are the sort of cookies that get made into cookie bouquets and edible party favors. This would be a good guide for people seeking to do the same for less cost.
Sebah
يحوي أمثلة عملية لبسكويت مزين/مقطع بشكل محترف بما يتناسب مع مختلف المناسبات؛ مع شرح عملي لكيفية إنتاج نفس الأمثلة.

أعجبني أن الكتاب يحوي وصفات أساسية للبسكويت و للآيسنج المستخدم للتزيين. فيه أفكار لطيفة للتزيين.

Wendy
Turns out I'm just too lazy to mix up, roll out and bake cookies that need twelve different colors and textures of icing...
Patty R.
Patty R. marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Almare
Almare marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Kimberley doruyter
Kimberley doruyter marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Valerie Peterson is the co-author of Cookie Craft and Cookie Craft Christmas cookie decorating books, and the author of Peterson’s Holiday Helper and Peterson’s Happy Hour cocktail humor books. Her essays, food writing, recipes, and cookie designs have appeared in The New York Times, Bride’s Magazine, The Chicago Tribune, Pastry Art & Design and other publications. Her screenwriting has be ...more
More about Valerie Peterson...
Cookie Craft Christmas: Dozens of Decorating Ideas for a Sweet Holiday Peterson's Holiday Helper: Festive Pick-Me-Ups, Calm-Me-Downs, and Handy Hints to Keep You in Good Spirits Peterson's Happy Hour: Spirited Cocktails and Helpful Hints to Brighten Daily Life Cookie Craft: From Baking to Luster Dust: Designs and Techniques for Creative Cookie Occasions Cookie Craft: From Baking to Luster Dust, Designs and Techniques for Creative Cookie Occasions