Start by marking “Cookie Craft: From Baking to Luster Dust, Designs and Techniques for Creative Cookie Occasions” as Want to Read:

The Art of the Cookie

Equal parts baking and colorful decorating, cookie crafting is just the thing for crafters who love to bake and bakers inspired by the possibilities in a filled pastry bag. Here are all the clever tricks and insider's hints that will elevate your cookies to edible art.
Published August 22nd 2012 by Storey Publishing (first published October 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cookie Craft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cookie Craft

Shavonya
Feb 05, 2011 Shavonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I am a cook, with a culinary degree and I am not a fan of baking. I am a horrible decorator. I can usually make things taste good, but not look good. With this book my first attempt came out pretty good, and I criticize myself harshly. It might seem like a lot of details and steps (it is), but if you read everything and follow every step it will come out really really good. Cookie slats, squeeze bottles, parchment paper, written out game plan,and doodling ideas, all worth having/doing. I made so ...more
Stacey
Sep 26, 2008 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has photos of delightful cookies and instructions on how to decorate cookies the fancy way. I'm debating whether to buy what I need to try it out or just return the book to the library.

I've decided to pass on buying fancy cookie decorations and equipment in light of the economy. I can see myself revisiting this book one day.
Carol
Nov 24, 2007 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a Christmas gift and am loving it. I've been perusing it when I have free time and have already leared some new tips. I'm exciting to bake a batch of cookies using my new tips!
Jennifer Choisser
Nov 23, 2010 Jennifer Choisser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts, cooking
I really enjoyed the charts, templates, and tips this book had to offer. I know it's not realistic for my cookies to turn out as pretty with a 2 year old helping out but I look forward to building our cookie crafting skills together :)
Happyreader
Feb 22, 2008 Happyreader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food-and-drink
I am not normally a baker or a promoter of fancy cookie-baking. For this book, however, I make an exception. I know Valerie Peterson and I know Valerie Peterson knows cookies and knows cookbooks. This book is a vision and a taste treat. It you are a baker, you want this book!!!
Dana Wright
Aug 19, 2011 Dana Wright rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a wonderful edition to my nook library. Check out my review on my cookbook blog.

Slynne
Dec 16, 2008 Slynne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Lots of new ideas and tips in this book.
Ann
Oct 17, 2011 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was really nicely done-very inspiring to the novice baker-like me.
Marian
Apr 28, 2008 Marian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook
Beautiful creative decorated cookies, I haven't tried the rolled cookie recipe- I may save it.
Elizabeth
Nov 23, 2010 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has my favorite chart for types of royal icing!
Jennie
Feb 23, 2008 Jennie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Awesome inspirations for decorating cookies. Very good instructions and ideas.
Janastasia Whydra
Valerie Peterson's and Janice Fryer's Cookie Craft is beginning baker's recipe book on how to prepare, bake, decorate and store cookies for almost all occasions. The instructional book is broken down into these sections:

1) "Cookie Craft Inspirations" - Photos of end results.

2) "Ingredients, Supplies, and Equipment" - Lists of baker's terminology and tools of the trade.

3) "Cookie Craft Planning" - Tips on how to prepare to bake.

4) "Cookie Recipes for Creating Blank Canvases" - Includes recipes fo
Sumi
Mar 22, 2008 Sumi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
The book contained only four actual cookie recipes because its focus is on the decorating of cookies. The cookies are beautiful to look at, at least the snowflake cookies are. These are the sort of cookies that get made into cookie bouquets and edible party favors. This would be a good guide for people seeking to do the same for less cost.
Sebah Al-Ali
May 12, 2010 Sebah Al-Ali rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-10
يحوي أمثلة عملية لبسكويت مزين/مقطع بشكل محترف بما يتناسب مع مختلف المناسبات؛ مع شرح عملي لكيفية إنتاج نفس الأمثلة.

أعجبني أن الكتاب يحوي وصفات أساسية للبسكويت و للآيسنج المستخدم للتزيين. فيه أفكار لطيفة للتزيين.

Marie
Mar 12, 2016 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are three basic cookie recipes and some basic icing recipes - the rest is flourish, which is, of course, what makes decorated cookies so awesome. What's absolutely wonderful about this book is the detailed decorating techniques, including how to do decorate in stages.
Wendy
Feb 01, 2009 Wendy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Turns out I'm just too lazy to mix up, roll out and bake cookies that need twelve different colors and textures of icing...
sandy
sandy rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Bruna
Bruna rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2016
Patty L.
Patty L. rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Nan Sullivan
Nan Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2015
Candace "Kiki"
Candace "Kiki" rated it it was ok
Feb 29, 2012
Jujubee
Jujubee rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
AJ Vinciquerra
AJ Vinciquerra rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2017
Christina Johnson
Christina Johnson rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Lostdutchman
Lostdutchman rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2014
Mrs.
Mrs. rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2009
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2014
Madison Kinder
Madison Kinder rated it did not like it
Nov 07, 2015
Karen Barney
Karen Barney rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Cupcakes, Cookies & Pie, Oh, My!
  • The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery
  • How to Bake: Complete Guide to Perfect Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Tarts, Breads, Pizzas, Muffins,
  • The Manga Cookbook
  • Country Living The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen: Live Well, Laugh Often, Cook Much
  • Chocolates and Confections: Formula, Theory, and Technique for the Artisan Confectioner
  • Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home
  • I Love Macarons
  • Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook
  • The Gourmet Cookie Book: The Single Best Recipe from Each Year 1941-2009
  • Crust and Crumb: Master Formulas for Serious Bread Bakers
  • Ace of Cakes: Inside the World of Charm City Cakes
  • Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats
  • The Fearless Baker: Scrumptious Cakes, Pies, Cobblers, Cookies, and Quick Breads that You Can Make to Impress Your Friends and Yourself
  • Bon Appetit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and Wonderful
  • Paris Sweets: Great Desserts from the City's Best Pastry Shops
  • Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats
  • Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes
Valerie Peterson is the co-author of Cookie Craft and Cookie Craft Christmas cookie decorating books, and the author of Peterson’s Holiday Helper and Peterson’s Happy Hour cocktail humor books. Her essays, food writing, recipes, and cookie designs have appeared in The New York Times, Bride’s Magazine, The Chicago Tribune, Pastry Art & Design and other publications. Her screenwriting ha ...more
More about Valerie Peterson...