Start by marking “How to Seduce a Duke” as Want to Read:
How to Seduce a Duke

How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  501 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Why is the notorious Duke of Blackstone ruining Mary's well-laid plans to marry his brother, the handsome Viscount Wetherly? Every time she turns a corner, he is there—tantalizing her, teasing her . . . and the more she tries to ignore him, the more insistent he becomes. Mary knows she must make an advantageous marriage, but surely Blackstone is the wrong man for her. Isn'...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published September 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about How to Seduce a Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Seduce a Duke

Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Lois
What I learned: it's not interesting to read a book that has cardboard secondary characters, poorly developed interaction between the scantily developed main characters, and a not-really-interesting possibility that the triplets might be royalty. So what if they are--unclear how much of a difference it would make in their lives if these girls turn out to be the illegit daughters of a prince. The book reads more like an outline.
Julie
Feb 11, 2014 Julie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical/Regency Period Romance Lovers
Not a lot stood out about this historical romance by Kathryn Caskie. I consider it your averagely entertaining Regency romance. The hero is your typical sexy, alpha male. The most outstanding trait being his maybe too ruthless character even in the face of his on going chase and attraction to the heroine. He doesn't seem to have any problem hurting and using her to achieve his own goals which he has convinced himself are selfless. At first, he is intriguing, but his continued ruthless game becom...more
I think this story would be much better without the added questions behind the Royle sister's real parents. I also found the first time Mary is seduced in the carriage a bit unbelievable - one glass of wine and she forgets all propriety and sleeps with the duke?
IzamaRi H. Fabela
Tras la muerte de su padre, que trabajó como médico al servicio del príncipe regente galés, las trillizas Royle abandonan su humilde hogar en Cornualles y se dirigen a Londres dispuestas a encontrar marido. Aunque en apariencia son tres muchachas jóvenes, sencillas y humildes, la realidad es que podrían ser de sangre real. O eso especulan a raíz de descubrir entre las pertenencias de su padre -el hombre que los crió como tal- algunos señas que apuntan en esa dirección.

A diferencia de sus hermana...more
Shelly
April
This series starts with a very funny scene of the triplets in a garden dressed as statues! It was really quirky! It is a fun story with a bit of mystery behind the girls parentage that runs through the series. I really liked the book even though the Hero had some serious character flaws. It was also rather regency formulaic. It also has it's fair share of steamy scenes! I am eager to read the next book in the series!! It has a very promising start.

I picked this book because I thought the title was so cute, but the book was just ok. I thought it was fairly inconsistent at times. Like, they said Mary was tall and then she had trouble seeing over people. I also thought that Rogan was a dumb name, so I had trouble liking him because of that. However, parts of it were charming and I will be reading the rest.
Patty
I began reading this book and could NOT put it down. The premise of the book is very interesting and pulled me in right away. I loved the relationship between the sisters, very real. I'm definitely going to read the next two books in the series! Because I believe in love :0)

Royle Sisters Trilogy, 1
Mary Vilarino

Well this story is definitely an improvement to the third instalment. Two characters who are attracted to each other but are held back by mutual distrust and their need for one puma ship. Shame about their so called protectors and Rogan's brother . They were annoying to say the least.
Gina
Thought the story started well, but just did not delivered to my expectations. It has some good humor. It seemed the romance was rushed and somewhat....extremely unrealistic. Needless to say, I had a lot of issues with the romance part of the story. Sad, because it had potential.
Lord Rose
My dad's dog is named Rogan. Combined with the Rogain jokes we always make (since the dog is super fluffy and my dad's head is... not), I really couldn't concentrate on this book at all.

But even ignoring (or attempting to ignore) that, I still didn't like the book much.
Brianne
Although this book was an obvious set-up for a trilogy (or more) it was witty and engaging. I thought there were too many "misunderstandings" and there was one ridiculous page where one of the triplets has the power of premonition. It took me about 2 hours to read.
Lady Heather
I really enjoyed this story. I loved the characters, the mystery and the 'quirkiness' of the triplets.
The main male character in this story is of course an awful Drake who is tamed without ever realizing it.
I am starting the second book asap.
Denise
I thought the heroine was an idiot. She wasn't quite TSTL, but she came close and I found my eyes rolling at her more than once. The plot was good, and only the mystery kept me reading. I rarely skim books, but I skimmed large parts of this one.
Judi Lacanlale
I'd wish it could have been more of everything! Bit of disappointment but I think I'll try again and see if Book 2 will be better. I honestly didn't like the hero at all. I found Rogan a snob, mean-spirited & rude.
E. R.
I started it but then lost my zeal. I do plan to re-read this in the future when I finally am able to focus my attention on reading this again.
Vmontgzz
Primero de la serie, divertido, fácil de leer, pero a ratos se me hizo un poco absurdo. Espero que la serie mejore.
Renee Richardson
I really liked this book. I thought it was fun and sexy. I also love the mysterious element.
Jill
The book was a little slow to start with but I am glad I kept reading.
Dianne Salzwedel
1 of 3 sisters, sets her sites to marry one but his brother wants her
Cathy Beckett
Cathy Beckett marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
  • Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2)
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • Sins of a Duke (Griffin Family, #4)
  • To Seduce a Bride (Courtship Wars, #3)
  • His Mistress By Morning (Marlow, #1)
  • Three Little Secrets (MacLachlan Family, #4)
  • A Matter of Temptation (Lost Lords, #2)
  • To Ruin the Duke
  • From London With Love (Lady Spies, #1)
  • A Little Bit Wicked (Last Man Standing, #1)
  • To Marry the Duke (American Heiresses, #1)
  • Duke of Sin (Duke Trilogy, #1)
  • Too Great a Temptation (Too #1)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
Kathryn Caskie has long been a devotee of history and things of old. So it came as no surprise to her family when she took a career detour off the online super highway and began writing historical romances full time.

With a background in marketing, advertising and journalism, she has written professionally for television, radio, magazines and newspapers.

Kathryn lives in a 200 year old Quaker home...more
More about Kathryn Caskie...
To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1) The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3) The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2) How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2 How to Propose to a Prince (Royle Sisters, #3)