Start by marking “In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment” as Want to Read:
In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment

In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  375 ratings  ·  34 reviews
The #1 bestselling author explores the myriad ways readers can experience a life overflowing with tranquility.
Published September 1st 2004 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about In Pursuit of Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Pursuit of Peace

Afua
Jan 03, 2008 Afua rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone wanting to increase the level of their lives
Shelves: christianity
I purchased this book at a time when I felt that I was dropping all the balls I was attempting to juggle. This book helped me to gain perspective and apply practical techniques to aggressively pursue peace in my life. My biggest lessons learned from this book include:
+ realizing that I can fight Satan or people -- not both
+ understanding that God gives me grace every day to do what He wants me to do, not necessarily what I want to do
+ knowing that the pursuit of peace is a full-time job
+ see
Kharissa
Aug 21, 2008 Kharissa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Whether you might be searching for freedom from the burdens that drag you down from day to day OR you might be at the highest peak of your "walk" - this book really touches on aspects I think beneficial for all to ponder. It helps us know that God loves us no matter our circumstances and provides the tools to guard against our own enemies (finances, depression, stress, fear, etc.)... but it's up to us to use our Mighty resource to the fullest!
Gina
Another amazing read from Joyce, with practical tips for ways to achieve a peaceful life.
Danielle Freitag
Encouragement and wisdom towards greater joy.
Dominique
WOW it took me a year to read this book. Honestly, this year has been so peaceful for me and I can't remember when I've felt so much peace in my life. This book was excellent. I'm glad that I read this slow and really allowed the key points to settle into my thoughts. With 2015 upon us, I highly recommend this book. There are so many things that Joyce touches on; you will love it! Kick off your new year with this great read helping you learn how to be peaceful.
Wilson Katherine
I recently returned to the workforce after having my first child. This book has really helped me to simply let go of the things that I can't control and be okay with my reality. It's as if every issue in my life is addressed whenever I open the pages. I love the clear and direct way that she really spells things out. I highly recommend this book to anyone. It'll definitely help you stop worrying about the next year, day, minutes.
Julie J
Really good. Practical. But assumes coming from a place where you usually choose rage and anger in conflict and teaches you to calm down and let offenses go. Could be dangerous for a codependent who already lets everything go and doesnt speak up in conflict. Just doesn't address the other side. Which is fine, but you have to read it already knowing what your unhealthy behavior is and read it in light of that.
Beth
Nov 01, 2012 Beth added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I generally do not read self-help books, especially from televangelists. I made an exception for Joyce Meyer. I enjoy watching her on tv. She is no-nonsense and straight to the point. Rather than read it all at once, I slow down and read only one chapter every few days so I can digest her messge and put it to use in my life.
pianogal
I really like Joyce's style. She's simple enough to understand, but there is such a depth and truth to her message. There was a lot of information and it's going to take me a while to kind of ponder it all, but that's why I took notes - so I could go back over them whenever I wanted.
Vera
What I've learned from this book is simply, that I'm too BLESSED to be stressed. I found that once I pray of things that bother me, I leave it alone and let GOD handle it, and thus far things have been very peaceful and calm in my life.

This is One GOOD Read!
Christine
If you desire peace in your life - real, true peace - this book will help you acheive it. Written in a very straightforward and simple style, Joyce gives specific instructions as to how to strive for and achieve peace that God always intended for us to have.
Peg
anything by Joyce Meyer is excellent. She is such a no-nonsense, down-to-earth spiritual leader. The book is a great way to study what God wants for us without having to try and decipher the ancient text wording yourself. Joyce's presentation is superb.
Pat Proffit
Jul 18, 2008 Pat Proffit rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all my friends and family
Recommended to Pat by: Lisa gave it to me
This book was given to me by my daughter, Lisa. I continue to use this book as a resource each day---to find peaace and avoid strife, anxiety, stress. Helps me be a better Christian, friend, moom, friend.
It is filled with practical wisdom.
Tommydeb
Good book.....practical and specific
Julie
If you are not at peace then there is something wrong in your life and you need to find it. This book will help you do just that. Joyce Meyer does an amazing job at giving you ideas and strategies to find peace in you life.
Chantel thomas
Great book! This book really helped me learn how to become more peaceful. The only downfall is I need a copy of it pasted to my forehead so I can read it everyday. I struggle with finding that peace I read about! HA!
Betsy
This book got me through an emotionally spiritually difficult phase in my life. I recommend it if you are struggling through a situation in your life that you can't change and need to turn over to God.
Holly
This book was very informative, she basically puts it out there to get over how your feeling and do what you have to do...... i love how straight foward this book is, no crap, just gives it to you straight!!
Shel Atkins
Sep 28, 2007 Shel Atkins added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Friends that struggle with letting go of control and that have trouble with anxiety.
I learned so much from this book that I don't even know where to start! Three main sections: Having peace with yourself, Having peace with others, Having peace with God. I love Joyce and I love this book.
Ronda
This was a great book. It helped me in so many ways, and ways I didn't realize I needed to be helped. If anyone has a chance to read it, please do! Thanks, Joyce Meyer for a great book and help!
Drew
This is the perfect book for people who live a chaotic life, for people who dont understand how to have peace and stability in life.
Amanda
This is an amazing read. It was gifted to me by my sister-in-law and could not have come at a more perfect time.
Eva Marie
Apr 05, 2009 Eva Marie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: to all the stressed out people
I loved this book and I need to read it over and over because this book speaks to those stress mongers like me.
Magda
If you wish to be at peace with everyone or anyone this is the book to teach you how. Good reading. I enjoyed it.
Likkia
A good easy read with specific ideas on how to manage anxiety, fear and discontent with biblical support.
Brooke
A LOT of useful information if you're struggling with anxiety, fear, worry, etc.
Erin
Super helpful for me... yet at times too simple and redundant.
Kenya
She maybe one of the only authors' books that I'll reread.
Julie
Jan 27, 2009 Julie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Julie by: book club
I have a love/hate relationship with Joyce.
Dawn
How important it is to have peace!!
  • What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places
  • Deal with It!: You Cannot Conquer What You Will Not Confront
  • Your Best Life Now for Moms
  • You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times
  • Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain and Life as a gURL
  • 8 Steps to Create the Life You Want: The Anatomy of a Successful Life
  • If Nuns Ruled the World: Ten Sisters on a Mission
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • Jesus Without Religion: What Did He Say? What Did He Do? What's the Point?
  • Fight Like a Girl: The Power of Being a Woman
  • Read This!: Handpicked Favorites from America's Indie Bookstores
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • Something More : In Search of a Deeper Faith
  • One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life
  • Pure: A 90-Day Devotional for the Mind, the Body & the Spirit
  • Creative Counterpart: Becoming the Woman, Wife, and Mother You've Longed to Be
  • The Transformation of the Inner Man
  • Anxious for Nothing
JOYCE MEYER is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has written more than seventy inspirational books, including The Confident Woman, Look Great, Feel Great, and the entire Battlefield of the Mind family of books. She has also released thousands of audio teachings as well as a complete video library. Joyce's Enjoying Everyday Life radio a ...more
More about Joyce Meyer...
Battlefield Of The Mind: Winning The Battle In Your Mind Me and My Big Mouth!: Your Answer Is Right Under Your Nose The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear Approval Addiction : Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone The Penny

“Great relationships are one of the most precious treasures in life, but we must feed them regularly by putting time into them. If you find you have no time to develop and maintain strong, intimate relationships with God, with yourself, and with your family and friends, then you are absolutely too busy.” 1 likes
“Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give” 0 likes