Start by marking “Love Undercover” as Want to Read:
Love Undercover

Love Undercover

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  2,286 ratings  ·  54 reviews
True love needs no disguise.

Kaitlyn Nichols craves a little mystery and mayhem in her life. Having a secret agent for a father should do the trick, but unfortunately Dad is no 007, and danger is nowhere on the horizon.

But all that changes when Mr. Nichols brings home Blaine, a seventeen-year-old hottie who's about to enter the Witness Protection Program. Suddenly Kaitl...more
Published January 4th 2011 by Simon Pulse (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Love Undercover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Undercover

Geli
I found this book to be very cute. Its very simple but still fun. the whole spy part of the book made it more interesting. I love the characters and the story line. This is a fun quick read that should be part of your collection.
Andie Z
Reviewed for TeensReadToo

Kaitlyn Nichols doesn't have your typical parents. Her father is a member of the FBI secret service and is often gone for long periods of time. Her mother is a sex (excuse me, "relationship") columnist, and her research frequently involves piles of thongs and condoms lying around the house. However, despite what one might think, her parents' work doesn't usually affect Kaitlyn too much. Until now.

Enter Blaine Donovan, AKA "Gordon," AKA the son of a Texas billionaire, AKA...more
Tiffany
This had the potential of being a very cute story but was weighed down by other factors I didn't care for. Her mother is a sex columnist which causes many unneccessary sexual topics. There was also more swearing then normal in these Simon Romantic comedies. I also don't care for stories where a couple meets a crush develops but the story lacks information of them getting to know each other well. These two seemed to know each other pretty well but there was the lack of that part of the story with...more
Mimi
I did not get past the first chapter or two in this book. It begins by discussing the teenager's parents' careers. The dad is an FBI agent, and that's fine. But the mother just became the "sex columnist" for a newspaper, and the teenager goes on about all of the embarrassing topics her mother is writing about. Then the book goes on about how all teenagers do is talk about sex.

Obviously, I was not interested. I do not recommend this book.
Susanna
Willing To Take a Love Journey with Me?

Love Undercover by Jo Edwards

Imagine your mom a sex columnists for the newspaper and your dad a secret agent. How would you life be. Kaitlyn Nichols, a girl who is 16 years old, life twists and turns when a hot guy enters her life. Blaine, a boy who is 17 year old, is being threatened and now lives with Kaitlyn and her parents. When Blaine starts going to the same school as Kaitlyn everything changes. Love Undercover will take you to a journey of temptati...more
Nina Zheng
I really like this book because it is really interesting and humorous. It is pretty easy to read and understand so it really is fun to read when you are bored and would like something fun to do. This book makes you crave for more. So much that you hate it when it ends and makes you wish that it was a series instead of one book. This book is a little different than what I usually read in that it doesn't include the supernatural but it is similar in that it includes romance and the surreal althou...more
Vivian
Kaitlyn has a father who works as a secret agent. Sounds cool right? Actually, no. It's not as exciting as it seems. Usually, he's just filing papers or doing some kind of office work. BORINNG.. But then one day, he unexpectedly brings home Blaine, a witness in need of a safe house to stay in until he is no longer in danger. Kaitlyn's dad enrolls him in her high school with a fake identity as Kaitlyn's cousin, giving her the duty of protecting him as well as reporting any suspicious contact. But...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Andie Z. for TeensReadToo.com

Enter Blaine Donovan, AKA "Gordon," AKA the son of a Texas...more
Lisa
I realized that I really like reading these books when I'm sick because they require absolutely no thought and are silly and fun. This book was no exception but it could have been better. Here's the summary:

Kaitlyn Nichols is a normal girl - gets good grades, likes to write, has a crush on the hottest guy in school. That changes when her normally boring secret agent dad brings home Blaine, a seventeen-year-old hottie who's entering the Witness Protection Program and is now playing the part of he...more
Rebecca
I expected to like this book a bit more then I did. It was pretty fast paced and it is a quick read. Some parts were funny (Kaitlyn "studying" how to be a spy by watching Alias and The Jason Bourne films) but it had too many pop culture references that (even though I was a teenager when this book was released) still took me out of the story. they watched a lot of Laguna Beach and update Myspace. Many of the characters were just one dimensional villains and I wished we could actually see Kaitlyn...more
Mikaela
this book was really cute, im normally not one for romance books but it involved spies and comedy. i highly reccomend this book to anyone interested in a good love story, its a pretty quick read too, i finished it in like a day or less. The main character Kaitlyn's dad is part of the FBI and her mom is a Journalist in the local newspaper, one day she comes home from a sleepover and finds a stranger in her house his name is Blaine and his father is a Billionare. Kaitlin's dad is part of the witne...more
Taylor Fenner
Kaitlyn Nichols is an average 16-year-old except for one thing; her father is an undercover FBI agent. Sadly his job isn't as glamorous as it sounds; until the day he brings home Blaine Donovan.

Blaine is the 17-year-old son of a Texas oil tycoon, whose life is in danger. He comes to stay with Kaitlyn's family as he hides out from the hit men who are after his family.

Now Kaitlyn must protect Blaine while juggling high school, friends, and mean girls all while keeping Blaine's identity a secret...more
Joyce Haydu
As a teen romance book, it was cute. The author keeps you on your toes. Kaitlyn is a ambitious, teen girl who, like every other teen girl, seeks romance and excitement. You have to read this funny adventure she takes as she finds everything she was looking for.
adA
This is like those YA books that are unrealistic and ruins the mind yet adds to the inagination of teenagers...but i like it anyway! It's has something to do with detectives but that was reallly just a coincidence. It's about rich boy name Blaine and he is endanger becasue he's rich and someone is threatening his family so he has to hide his identity for a while in a "undercover" place until teh police can find the people who are after Blaine and his family. it turns outthat he will live tempora...more
Kaitlyn Amira
I read this book when I was in the hospital for 3 months undergoing tests. I had absolutely nothing to do and this book fulfilled its uprpose: it cured my boredom. However, that's pretty much all it did. The writing style was upbeat, humorous and fun, the characters were quirky and funny, if a little plain, but overall it was an OK book. I figured out the ending way, way before it actually came, but what can you do? I'd recommend this book to anyoen suffering from accute boredom and in need of a...more
Yushi Wang
Kaitlyn's life changes when she takes on the responsibility of protecting Blaine because of the Witness Protection Program. Now she has to be aware of everyone around her and be on the lookout for suspicious people who might want Blaine dead.

I enjoyed reading this novel because it had an unique plot. The journey that Kaitlyn went through was both adventurous and comical. It was interesting to read about what happens.
Angela
Cute story. Kaitlyn made me laugh out loud with her spy research. And her interaction with her best friend was cute. The love story was a bit lacking and I wasn't all that keen on decisions Kaitlyn's love interest Blaine made. I think what saved me from not liking this novel was how it made me giggle from time to time. Overall, it was a decent read, but not my favorite of the romantic comedies.
sammy
i read this book in about three hours. it was a quick easy read
but there was nothing GOOD about it. nothing too exciting with the characters or the plot. there really wasnt a lot of conflict or a climax that really was exciting. nope... nothing at all. it was disappointing. this is the first book of Jo Edwards that i have read and i dont know if i will read another. we'll see.
Panda
an original teen romcom while there is not a huge amount of character development with many characters being quite 2-dimensional the love story is cute and the mystery may intrigue people. despite this as a light trashy read i find this one quite enjoyable... despite finding the male lead kind of oblivious he is still a sweet guy and our leading lady does have a interesting voice.
Arianna
I thought that this book was really awesome, especially with the suspense combined with the little romance. I loved that there were people against the main character, even though I hated them, they added more drama to the book. The only part that I wish happened was for Amber to exposed as the bully that she is to Blaine.
Scole
I thought this book was really interesting, and not cheesy. It actually had a good plot about a boy with his family in danger and him having to stay with a family whose dad is an undercover FBI agent. So he stays with them to keep Blaine/Gordon safe. It was a very good book and I recommend it!
Jinxiu
Love, adventure and humor all assemble into this story. A nice read.

Due to the witness protection program (wpp) Kaitlyn, the main girl has to protect Blaine, who is in danger of being killed. However can protecting Blaine, spark something more out of them?

Joan Cristy
It's like a cliche cheesy book you know? I'm not gonna say that it's written totally badly, it isn't even but I think the way it IS written is kind of too mature, the diction seems to heavy if like young, middle school or high school kids, read it.
Mirela
It was a lovely story the characters were personable. The spy twist was an awesome lead and I felt that I couldnt put the book down. The story was a fast read, with simple sentences and small sentence structure changes.
Saleema Parker
Jun 06, 2008 Saleema Parker rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults
I liked this book a lot but before I started reading this I thought that it wasn't going to be all that good. I was wrong it was very interesting and had me laughing I thought that this is a cute love story.
Yanmei
Sep 14, 2007 Yanmei rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: advisory
This is a book about a girl's father bringing home someone famous that is in danger. she is to help her father keep this person safe. There is a lot more than this, including a little love.
Jessica
Apr 09, 2010 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love romance and comedy
Recommended to Jessica by: Myself
Shelves: s-s-romance
The main character in this story looks and acts just like my best friend Monica. I love this book! It's just so funny. Not a realistic ending, but a great book anyway.
Mary
Hoping to stumble on another Young Adult favorite I picked this up. But alas it was no Hunger Games, Twilight, or even Mediator Series type book. It was just ho hum.
Lauren Nguyen
I loved this book. It was SO cute.
If one loves romantic comedies, one should definitely pick up this work by Jo Edwards.
It had me laughing from start to finish.
Shanna
This was one of my favorite Simon Pulse Rom Coms so far. I feel like the last couple I've read have been somewhat lame. But this one was really cute.
  • Gettin' Lucky
  • She's Got the Beat
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Love on Cue
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • Getting to Third Date
  • A Novel Idea
  • Hard to Get
Jo Edwards also writes under the name Johanna Edwards.
More about Jo Edwards...