Start by marking “Love Undercover” as Want to Read:
Love Undercover

Love Undercover

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,721 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
True love needs no disguise.

Kaitlyn Nichols craves a little mystery and mayhem in her life. Having a secret agent for a father should do the trick, but unfortunately Dad is no 007, and danger is nowhere on the horizon.

But all that changes when Mr. Nichols brings home Blaine, a seventeen-year-old hottie who's about to enter the Witness Protection Program. Suddenly Kaitl
Published January 4th 2011 by Simon Pulse (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Love Undercover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Undercover

Andie Z
Reviewed for TeensReadToo

Kaitlyn Nichols doesn't have your typical parents. Her father is a member of the FBI secret service and is often gone for long periods of time. Her mother is a sex (excuse me, "relationship") columnist, and her research frequently involves piles of thongs and condoms lying around the house. However, despite what one might think, her parents' work doesn't usually affect Kaitlyn too much. Until now.

Enter Blaine Donovan, AKA "Gordon," AKA the son of a Texas billionaire, AKA
Geli
May 09, 2012 Geli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, romance, own-it
I found this book to be very cute. Its very simple but still fun. the whole spy part of the book made it more interesting. I love the characters and the story line. This is a fun quick read that should be part of your collection.
Tiffany
This had the potential of being a very cute story but was weighed down by other factors I didn't care for. Her mother is a sex columnist which causes many unneccessary sexual topics. There was also more swearing then normal in these Simon Romantic comedies. I also don't care for stories where a couple meets a crush develops but the story lacks information of them getting to know each other well. These two seemed to know each other pretty well but there was the lack of that part of the story with ...more
Mimi
Mar 24, 2010 Mimi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I did not get past the first chapter or two in this book. It begins by discussing the teenager's parents' careers. The dad is an FBI agent, and that's fine. But the mother just became the "sex columnist" for a newspaper, and the teenager goes on about all of the embarrassing topics her mother is writing about. Then the book goes on about how all teenagers do is talk about sex.

Obviously, I was not interested. I do not recommend this book.
Nina Zheng
Aug 22, 2010 Nina Zheng rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this book because it is really interesting and humorous. It is pretty easy to read and understand so it really is fun to read when you are bored and would like something fun to do. This book makes you crave for more. So much that you hate it when it ends and makes you wish that it was a series instead of one book. This book is a little different than what I usually read in that it doesn't include the supernatural but it is similar in that it includes romance and the surreal althou ...more
Vivian
Aug 10, 2011 Vivian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaitlyn has a father who works as a secret agent. Sounds cool right? Actually, no. It's not as exciting as it seems. Usually, he's just filing papers or doing some kind of office work. BORINNG.. But then one day, he unexpectedly brings home Blaine, a witness in need of a safe house to stay in until he is no longer in danger. Kaitlyn's dad enrolls him in her high school with a fake identity as Kaitlyn's cousin, giving her the duty of protecting him as well as reporting any suspicious contact. But ...more
Arianna
Feb 23, 2016 Arianna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-romance
The actual rating is 3.5 stars.

The beginning was intriguing how the author introduced the book. It was really entertaining, especially with the suspense combined with a little romance. Compared to the other mundane Simon Pulse books I have read, where they use the same general format for love, this one was different. It actually had some drama going on outside of the romance happening in the story.

It gets a little slow until, one day, Kaitlyn thinks that her dad has come home from doing his u
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Andie Z. for TeensReadToo.com

Enter Blaine Donovan, AKA "Gordon," AKA the son of a Texas
Lisa
Mar 17, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I realized that I really like reading these books when I'm sick because they require absolutely no thought and are silly and fun. This book was no exception but it could have been better. Here's the summary:

Kaitlyn Nichols is a normal girl - gets good grades, likes to write, has a crush on the hottest guy in school. That changes when her normally boring secret agent dad brings home Blaine, a seventeen-year-old hottie who's entering the Witness Protection Program and is now playing the part of he
Rebecca
Dec 18, 2015 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I expected to like this book a bit more then I did. It was pretty fast paced and it is a quick read. Some parts were funny (Kaitlyn "studying" how to be a spy by watching Alias and The Jason Bourne films) but it had too many pop culture references that (even though I was a teenager when this book was released) still took me out of the story. they watched a lot of Laguna Beach and update Myspace. Many of the characters were just one dimensional villains and I wished we could actually see Kaitlyn ...more
Rebecca
Aug 07, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Emily Layne
If I'd read further than the prologue, I probably wouldn't have bought this book at the used book store. That said, I'm okay with having bought it.

I just had to get through the first two chapters.

Never in a book have I read the word "sex" so many times in so many pages. It was painful. It was grating. I wanted to rip my eyes out and gripe about wasting my $3.99. There was no need for the over-discussion of Kaitlin's mom getting a "sex column" in the local newspaper. A small mention would've been
Mikaela
Jul 28, 2012 Mikaela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book was really cute, im normally not one for romance books but it involved spies and comedy. i highly reccomend this book to anyone interested in a good love story, its a pretty quick read too, i finished it in like a day or less. The main character Kaitlyn's dad is part of the FBI and her mom is a Journalist in the local newspaper, one day she comes home from a sleepover and finds a stranger in her house his name is Blaine and his father is a Billionare. Kaitlin's dad is part of the witne ...more
Taylor Fenner
Jan 03, 2013 Taylor Fenner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaitlyn Nichols is an average 16-year-old except for one thing; her father is an undercover FBI agent. Sadly his job isn't as glamorous as it sounds; until the day he brings home Blaine Donovan.

Blaine is the 17-year-old son of a Texas oil tycoon, whose life is in danger. He comes to stay with Kaitlyn's family as he hides out from the hit men who are after his family.

Now Kaitlyn must protect Blaine while juggling high school, friends, and mean girls all while keeping Blaine's identity a secret
Joyce Haydu
May 21, 2014 Joyce Haydu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a teen romance book, it was cute. The author keeps you on your toes. Kaitlyn is a ambitious, teen girl who, like every other teen girl, seeks romance and excitement. You have to read this funny adventure she takes as she finds everything she was looking for.
adA
Feb 04, 2008 adA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: advisory
This is like those YA books that are unrealistic and ruins the mind yet adds to the inagination of teenagers...but i like it anyway! It's has something to do with detectives but that was reallly just a coincidence. It's about rich boy name Blaine and he is endanger becasue he's rich and someone is threatening his family so he has to hide his identity for a while in a "undercover" place until teh police can find the people who are after Blaine and his family. it turns outthat he will live tempora ...more
Shafiya
teehee! my first ever so called 'adult' book. hey cant blame me lah. i read it when i was 11 okay! hahahaha
Daily B.
Oct 22, 2014 Daily B. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a really good book and I think that the other books by this author will be very good and I can't wait to read more!!!!
Kaitlyn Amira
I read this book when I was in the hospital for 3 months undergoing tests. I had absolutely nothing to do and this book fulfilled its uprpose: it cured my boredom. However, that's pretty much all it did. The writing style was upbeat, humorous and fun, the characters were quirky and funny, if a little plain, but overall it was an OK book. I figured out the ending way, way before it actually came, but what can you do? I'd recommend this book to anyoen suffering from accute boredom and in need of a ...more
Zoe Liew
Jun 14, 2016 Zoe Liew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute.
Yushi Wang
May 07, 2008 Yushi Wang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: advisory
Kaitlyn's life changes when she takes on the responsibility of protecting Blaine because of the Witness Protection Program. Now she has to be aware of everyone around her and be on the lookout for suspicious people who might want Blaine dead.

I enjoyed reading this novel because it had an unique plot. The journey that Kaitlyn went through was both adventurous and comical. It was interesting to read about what happens.
Angela
Cute story. Kaitlyn made me laugh out loud with her spy research. And her interaction with her best friend was cute. The love story was a bit lacking and I wasn't all that keen on decisions Kaitlyn's love interest Blaine made. I think what saved me from not liking this novel was how it made me giggle from time to time. Overall, it was a decent read, but not my favorite of the romantic comedies.
sammy
May 05, 2012 sammy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i read this book in about three hours. it was a quick easy read
but there was nothing GOOD about it. nothing too exciting with the characters or the plot. there really wasnt a lot of conflict or a climax that really was exciting. nope... nothing at all. it was disappointing. this is the first book of Jo Edwards that i have read and i dont know if i will read another. we'll see.
Panda
an original teen romcom while there is not a huge amount of character development with many characters being quite 2-dimensional the love story is cute and the mystery may intrigue people. despite this as a light trashy read i find this one quite enjoyable... despite finding the male lead kind of oblivious he is still a sweet guy and our leading lady does have a interesting voice.
Alisha
Jul 22, 2015 Alisha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this because I was forced by my friend who said this was the best book she read in high school. Well guess what for me this was the worst book I've read I suppose if I was 10 maybe I would of had liked it but this to me is a children's book and the story and characters were completely childish to me, I'm sorry.
Scole
I thought this book was really interesting, and not cheesy. It actually had a good plot about a boy with his family in danger and him having to stay with a family whose dad is an undercover FBI agent. So he stays with them to keep Blaine/Gordon safe. It was a very good book and I recommend it!
Jinxiu
Jun 15, 2008 Jinxiu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love, adventure and humor all assemble into this story. A nice read.

Due to the witness protection program (wpp) Kaitlyn, the main girl has to protect Blaine, who is in danger of being killed. However can protecting Blaine, spark something more out of them?

Joan Cristy
It's like a cliche cheesy book you know? I'm not gonna say that it's written totally badly, it isn't even but I think the way it IS written is kind of too mature, the diction seems to heavy if like young, middle school or high school kids, read it.
Mirela
Sep 24, 2009 Mirela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a lovely story the characters were personable. The spy twist was an awesome lead and I felt that I couldnt put the book down. The story was a fast read, with simple sentences and small sentence structure changes.
Saleema Parker
Jun 06, 2008 Saleema Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young adults
I liked this book a lot but before I started reading this I thought that it wasn't going to be all that good. I was wrong it was very interesting and had me laughing I thought that this is a cute love story.
  • Crush du Jour (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Love on Cue
  • Scary Beautiful
  • Love Off-Limits
  • She's Got the Beat
  • Perfect Shot
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • In the Stars
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Prom Crashers
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • A Novel Idea
  • Getting to Third Date
Jo Edwards also writes under the name Johanna Edwards.
More about Jo Edwards...