Start by marking “Strange Attractors (Chaos Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Strange Attractors (Chaos Chronicles, #2)

Strange Attractors (Chaos Chronicles #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  361 ratings  ·  19 reviews
For John Bandicut, Earth is but a memory. Stranded at the edge of the galaxy in a structure populated with beings from a thousand worlds, Bandicut finds unexpected friends—only to be caught up in a cascade of forces that threaten the Shipworld itself. Confronting an entity known as the boojum, Bandicut discovers greater peril than ever in his journey into the unknown. Volu ...more
Nook, 351 pages
Published January 3rd 2011 by Starstream Publications (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Strange Attractors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strange Attractors

Lee Belbin
I persevered on this set of novels that move from novel ideas to childish trivia. The personality of the hero also moves from frokin moke to other inane statements to self sacrifice. A band of now 4 save a continent on a starship from evil. I'll finish the series, just.
Ryan Jung
These books are a little obnoxious in the sense that their author's started goal was to write a shorter, less complex novel, but instead wrote four (maybe more?) shorter novels in serial fashion. As best I can tell, this is really a 1,000 page novel in disguise.

To call them hard sci-fi is a stretch. "Space opera" is more appropriate. They read more like a Star Wars novelization than, say, an Arthur C. Clarke novel, and for all of their exploration of alien worlds, they're not dissimilar from fan
Benjamin Kelly
John Bandicut is on a grand adventure. After being pressed into service to save the Earth by the mysterious Translator in Neptune Crossing, he's been hurdled out of the galaxy to an immense ship-world where he faces a threat as great as a killer asteroid but with an intelligence behind it. Along with the alien consciousness that lives in his head, Bandicut and his company of new friends risk it all to save the strange world where they've been stranded.

Carver has a knack for writing extended acti
This book leaves off where Book 1 ends. John has just landed on Ship World, with Cap and Nappy, and he immediately meets up with Ik, another humanoid type being. Ik is following Li-Jared, another humanoid being, hoping to catch up with him. Along the way, they discover that Ship World is being threatened by a being called the boojum and that it is up to them to save the ship.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars on Shelfari and Goodreads. This book was full of rich details of the ship and its world
Awful storyline, atrocious writing, boring characters, OK action scenes ruined by items sufficiently advanced.

Slightly reminds me of Philip Farmer's Dungeon series - same endless repetition of boring and useless facts, same action that doesn't really lead anywhere, same sense of the editor being either asleep at the wheel or nonexistent.

It's just tedious to read, gave up about halfway through.
David Craig
Chaotic story line, a struggle to get through.
Sean Nelson
Good continuation of Neptune Crossing. It introduces a new "world" that leaves alot of options for plots for more sequels. It's a good book but nothing spectacular. It was interesting enough to keep me entertained while traveling...
Great book, even better than the previous one (Neptune Crossing).
It reminds me of "Rendez-vous with Rama" by A.C. Clarke, in a modern and more breath-taking way...
A must read for sci-fi lovers.
I did not enjoy this one nearly as much as the first. It seemed the author tried to hear to capture a sense of the strange a weird. Reminded me of books such as the dungeon series and Dying Earth.
Matthew Robinson
Much better than the first book, a complete story. Interesting aliens, and locations. Got a little bit repetitive in parts but mostly a very good read. I look forward to reading the third book.
Andre Chiasson
A good read. I'm looking forward to continuing the series. This series is available free for my Kobo. I will donate something but it is a wonderful way to encourage reading of older series.
Graff Fuller
Mar 26, 2015 Graff Fuller rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Not really
Recommended to Graff by: I read his first book...thought it would be interesting...not.
Shelves: dnf
The first book was okay. The second book is too weird for me. Sorry. Apparently others like it, is just wasn't for me.
I liked the first book but the second moved way too slowly for me. I gave up about 25% in.
Much better than the first. Couldn't put it down.
It was a little slow but still a good read.
vite lu vite oublié
Couldn't finish it ...
Becca marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Samanta marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Douglass Gaking
Douglass Gaking marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
  • Firestar (Firestar, #1)
  • The Candle of Distant Earth
  • Venus
  • A Logic Named Joe
  • Stars Over Stars (Heyoka Blackeagle, #2)
  • Resonance
  • Doc Sidhe
  • Odyssey
  • Planetfall
  • The Lion of Farside (Farside, #1)
  • Great Kings' War
  • Crystal Rain (Xenowealth, #1)
  • The Creatures of Man
  • Dreamships
  • Dark Hours (The Blood of Ten Chiefs, #5)
  • The Hub: Dangerous Territory (The Hub)
  • The Forlorn
  • Girl Genius, Vol. 6: Agatha Heterodyne and the Golden Trilobite (Girl Genius #6)

Chaos Chronicles (4 books)
  • Neptune Crossing (Chaos Chronicles, #1)
  • The Infinite Sea (Chaos Chronicles, #3)
  • Sunborn (Chaos Chronicles, #4)