Start by marking “Who Wants Candy?” as Want to Read:
Who Wants Candy?

Who Wants Candy?

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  44 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Third-generation candy-maker Jane Sharrock shares here some 400 recipes for mouth-watering candies, chocolates, pralines, cremes, fudges, cookies, toffee, and holiday treats. This step-by-step candy bible covers everything from the traditional to the exotic. Complete with instructional chapters on the basics of candymaking, it deserves a place on every cookbook shelf. This ...more
Published August 1st 2004 by HP (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Who Wants Candy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Wants Candy?

Liane Bastion
Aug 16, 2015 Liane Bastion rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly, as the author is my cousin, I'm a little biased :) This book has a lot of family recipes so it's quite the treasure in my household!
Maria Fotopoulos
The most comprehensive book on homemade candies and no-bake cookies ... yum! A must-have collection for holiday treats!
Melody
Aug 13, 2009 Melody rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this particular recipe book to be overwhelming. There are pages and pages of nearly identical recipes, which is not at all what I look for in a cookbook. I'd rather find one really good fudge recipe instead of thirty very similar fudge recipes. I was bored with the repetition and unable to bestir myself to choose. The recipes were also pretty regional- a great many being drawn from the author's local newspaper archives. Disappointing.
Nanette
Oct 26, 2009 Nanette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Homemade candy during the holidays is not only a tradition in our family, it is an absolute must! I was thrilled when I discovered this gem. It contains all my favorites that I don't yet have recipes for (you know the ones your mom or grandma just make without a real recipe-I have no idea how big a pinch or a dash is). Love this one, I will treasure it always.
Carole
May 14, 2011 Carole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. Every recipe I've tried turned out and was quite good. The instructions are straight forward and easy to understand, which is bonus since I had never made candy before. I also liked the stories behind the candy, it felt like you were learning from a friend in a kitchen rather than a how to book.
Marlee
May 02, 2009 Marlee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-book
Comfort candy at it's best. Inviting intro and explanations encourage the most noob of the noobs not to fear trying anything from this book. Each recipe is rated on skill level, 50s theme of page decor, and mouth watering recipes for all seasons and occasions. I definitely recommend this one to anyone.
Erin Bartos
Mar 16, 2008 Erin Bartos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ok so you can't really be "reading" a cookbook, but i only tried one recipe from here, i just had to find one at the spur of the moment that i had all the stuff for. it turned out poorly. just a bad recipe i think. lots of good ideas, though.
Michelle Hankes
Jul 12, 2008 Michelle Hankes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book has so many great recipes, I don't know where to start. Candymaking is an old-fashioned way to have fun and use of spare ingredients and yet, so few people still do it. Great book with lots of fun ideas.
Kathy McC
Jan 01, 2012 Kathy McC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great tips that I have not seen before. Some recipes that I want to try. Fun to read.
Debra
Dec 20, 2011 Debra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ultimate in old fashioned candy recipes with all ranked by skill level
Quinten
Mar 27, 2008 Quinten rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Very comprehensive. Recipes are also easy to follow.
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Lynda Mayo
Lynda Mayo marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Charlotte Whitaker
Charlotte Whitaker rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Yolie
Yolie rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Jane C Johnson
Jane C Johnson rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2015
Perry
Perry added it
Sep 22, 2015
Melissa Schmidt
Melissa Schmidt rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
Cheryl Freeman
Cheryl Freeman rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2015
Liliana Greenberg
Liliana Greenberg rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Anna Shives
Anna Shives rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Salud Garcia
Salud Garcia rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2015
Melissa Kitchen
Melissa Kitchen rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Sheri
Sheri rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Justin Long
Justin Long marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Bob
Bob rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
William Sherman
William Sherman rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Diana Duncan
Diana Duncan marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014