Who Wants Candy?

Who Wants Candy?

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Third-generation candy-maker Jane Sharrock shares here some 400 recipes for mouth-watering candies, chocolates, pralines, cremes, fudges, cookies, toffee, and holiday treats. This step-by-step candy bible covers everything from the traditional to the exotic. Complete with instructional chapters on the basics of candymaking, it deserves a place on every cookbook shelf. This...more
Published August 1st 2004 by HP (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Who Wants Candy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Wants Candy?

Melody
I found this particular recipe book to be overwhelming. There are pages and pages of nearly identical recipes, which is not at all what I look for in a cookbook. I'd rather find one really good fudge recipe instead of thirty very similar fudge recipes. I was bored with the repetition and unable to bestir myself to choose. The recipes were also pretty regional- a great many being drawn from the author's local newspaper archives. Disappointing.
Nanette
Homemade candy during the holidays is not only a tradition in our family, it is an absolute must! I was thrilled when I discovered this gem. It contains all my favorites that I don't yet have recipes for (you know the ones your mom or grandma just make without a real recipe-I have no idea how big a pinch or a dash is). Love this one, I will treasure it always.
Carole
I love this book. Every recipe I've tried turned out and was quite good. The instructions are straight forward and easy to understand, which is bonus since I had never made candy before. I also liked the stories behind the candy, it felt like you were learning from a friend in a kitchen rather than a how to book.
Marlee
Comfort candy at it's best. Inviting intro and explanations encourage the most noob of the noobs not to fear trying anything from this book. Each recipe is rated on skill level, 50s theme of page decor, and mouth watering recipes for all seasons and occasions. I definitely recommend this one to anyone.
Erin Bartos
ok so you can't really be "reading" a cookbook, but i only tried one recipe from here, i just had to find one at the spur of the moment that i had all the stuff for. it turned out poorly. just a bad recipe i think. lots of good ideas, though.
Michelle Hankes
Jul 12, 2008 Michelle Hankes rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This book has so many great recipes, I don't know where to start. Candymaking is an old-fashioned way to have fun and use of spare ingredients and yet, so few people still do it. Great book with lots of fun ideas.
Kathy McC
Great tips that I have not seen before. Some recipes that I want to try. Fun to read.
Debra
The ultimate in old fashioned candy recipes with all ranked by skill level
Quinten
Very comprehensive. Recipes are also easy to follow.
Kaym
Kaym added it
Aug 05, 2014
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Deborah Flora-cooper
Deborah Flora-cooper marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Lauren Garbrough
Lauren Garbrough marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Patrie Davis
Patrie Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Feb 16, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Susan B
Susan B marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Mandy
Mandy added it
Sep 13, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
S
S added it
May 20, 2012
300 Best Homemade Candy Recipes: Brittles, Caramels, Chocolate, Fudge, Truffles and So Much More