Start by marking “Büyük Yazarların Gizli Hayatları” as Want to Read:
Büyük Yazarların Gizli Hayatları

Büyük Yazarların Gizli Hayatları

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  776 Ratings  ·  114 Reviews
KATİLLERE, ALDATANLARA, UYUŞTURUCU BAĞIMLILARINA VE EDEBİYAT DÜNYASININ DİĞER EFSANELERİNE DAİR GARİP AMA GERÇEK HİKAYELER

WillIam Shakespeare’den Leo Tolstoy’a dek pek çok yazarın sıradışı ve sansürsüz bir profilini sunan Büyük Yazarların Gizli Hayatları, lise öğretmeninizin sormaya korktuğu tüm zorlu soruları ele alıyor: Nedir Lewis Carroll’un şu küçük kızlarla meselesi?
Published September 2010 by Domingo (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Büyük Yazarların Gizli Hayatları, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Büyük Yazarların Gizli Hayatları

Madeline
May 12, 2009 Madeline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and highly educational. If you've ever thought to yourself, "hey, I wonder how many famous authors had really freaky sex lives?" (answer: a lot) then this is the book for you.
Here's some other useful tidbits of information I learned from this book, all of which I'll be sure to bring up in every English class I ever take from now on:

-Lord Byron kept snippets of his girlfriends' pubic hair in envelopes. And he had a lot of girlfriends (250 in Venice in one year alone).
-The Bronte si
Nousha
Feb 03, 2011 Nousha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Тъй като в своите почти 300 страници побира кратка биография и любопитни случки за над 40 хора на перото, не може да се очаква някаква задълбоченост и изчерпателност. "Жълта" по съществото си, тази книга обаче е написана изключително добронамерено и с приятно чувство за хумор и въпреки че се рекламира като разкриваща мръсни тайни и скандални подробности, тя по-скоро изброявя странностите и чудатостите на бележити автори, с което ги прави да изглеждат по-човешки и определено постига една от целит ...more
Jodi
May 26, 2008 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-read
Secret Lives of Great Authors is the kind of book that you should read in the company of others. It’s filled with odd bits of trivia that you want to share with someone the instant you read them, and without sharing the trivia seems to fly right out of your head.

I was going to come here and write all kinds of witty little things about all the secrets that I learned while reading the book and it seems that I have forgotten a lot of them. The overall impression that I got from this book is that wr
Víctor
É divertido e está ben escrito pero tampouco é que sexa unha biblia de anecdotas
Caitlin
This is the perfect book for getting yourself out of a reading (and writing) rut. Featuring fascinating facts about the lives of well-known authors made me want to read their work, especially the lesser-known works that fall off the standard canon, as well as realising these people were just as flawed as we are today.

Naturally with any collection like this, there are big decisions made as to who is included and who isn’t (and this is briefly touched on in the introduction) however I would say t
Richard Martin
Jan 07, 2014 Richard Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read on a favorite topic. The entry for each author begins with a checklist of information including nationality, Zodiac sign, major works, contemporaries & rivals, and literary style. The remainder is a collection of "secrets" of his/her life. Humorous illustrations help bring them to life. A definite must on my reread list.
Simay Yildiz
If you're a literary nerd, this book is definitely for you. Beware, though, because if you already like to do research about authors like myself, there will be things in here that you already know. Having said that, there are also things that I've never heard of before. It's such a quick read where you can read one author's story, put the book down and then pick it up again later. Insightful and humorous, it reminded me that my favorite authors have flaws (some of which are BIG!), but it just ma ...more
Chibineko
I picked this up the other day & I've been enjoying it ever since. The layout of each chapter being a different author or set of authors is nice, since it makes for a good bathroom book or a nice book to read before you go to sleep. I'm not sure if all of the facts are true (as said by one of the other reviewers), but they make for good reading.

My only complaint is that the book is set up very strangely. The book's pages are rather thick & stiff, which puts me at constant fear of the sp
İlhamə
Jun 01, 2016 İlhamə rated it it was ok
Kitabda internetdə tapılmayacaq heç nə yoxdur. Müəllif bir az yumor qatıb və yazıçıların adi insanlardan daha dəli, çılğın və anormal olduqlarını, ən əsası ideallaşdırdığımız kimi olmadıqlarını vurğulayıb. Dedi-qodu formasında yazılıb. Vaxt itkisidir. Vaxt itkisi olmasa belə, pul verib almağa dəyməz.
Melek G.
Jul 24, 2015 Melek G. rated it it was ok
Bu puanı kitabın kendi kalitesinden çok elimdeki baskının kalitesine veriyorum. Çeviri kötü, bin tane hata var, baskı özensiz. Bir yerden sonra sadece göz gezdirdim kitaba, o da sırf bitirmeden bırakmış olmamak için.
Anicius
Feb 18, 2016 Anicius rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Дори не мога да нарека този текст "пълен с любопитни истории", тъй като не успях да му разбера хумора, а и до сега го намирам за "ниска журналистика", т.е. написан като булеварден вестник от началото на социализма. Само дето му липсват родният пиперлив език и типично балканските словоформи. Казано в контекста на сборника - "слаба ракия е този текст". Съжалявам!
Chetecut
"Тайният живот на великите автори" е една забавна книжка с много добри комиксови илюстрации. Върши страхотна работа за запълване на свободното време - казва по нещо ново и естествено повтаря вече казани неща. Авторът не е известен в България, но като че ли не е такъв и в чужбина. Естествено това няма никакво значение, защото книгата не претендира нито да е много сериозна, нито съвсем достоверна и все пак е поднесена отчасти във формата на енциклопедия, но с чувство за хумор. Още на http://chetec ...more
Melis
Jan 15, 2016 Melis rated it really liked it
Ön okuma için: http://kordugumhayaller.blogspot.com/...

Kitabımız aslında yazarlar, sanatçılar ve yönetmenlerden oluşan bir serinin parçası. Ve ilk kimde gördüm ya da duydum bilmiyorum ama o zamandan beri almak için yanıp tutuştum resmen. Ama bir türlü kısmet olamadı :( İyi ki de olmamış, çünkü bu yılki Tüyap fuarındaki indirim sayesinde birini almayı düşünürken üçünü birden oldukça uygun bir fiyata alabildim *.* Teşekkürler Domingo Yayınevi! <3

Kitabımız, birkaç sayfalık yazılarla bilinen ve t
MARTI
Eğlenceli görsellerle zenginleştirilmiş, yaratıcı, okuması çok keyifli bir kitap.
Lois
Jul 03, 2014 Lois rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun little book that could provide lots of trivia material. Goes over the lives of 41 well-known authors. Each has a standard page listing their birth and death dates, nationality, astrological sign, major works, contemporaries & rivals, literary style, and a quote. Then they each get several pages of other, random things about them. If you are a reader, you will already know a lot of the ordinary things mentioned here, but this goes way beyond that, and these are supposedly factual. For ins ...more
Daniel
Mar 23, 2014 Daniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Скандальная и увлекательная - таблоид в твердом переплете. Одна из тех книг, которая обязательно должна быть в школьной программе, чтобы привить ученикам любовь к литературе, но которая никогда там не окажется.
Петко Циков
ситурно е достоверна. Причина? Защото, ,,тайният" им живот не е толкова шокиращ... Освен Уилям Бъроуз!!!! Поздрав!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pfd3O... - Бъроуз и Кобейн...
Viktoria
Jan 13, 2012 Viktoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So according to this book, most authors were drunks, drug addicts, adulterers, crazy and depressed. Boy do I have a long way to go!
Matt
delicious fun for a literary junkie as myself.
Kali Yuga
Mar 31, 2016 Kali Yuga rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ever heard of the MTV-generation adage: "you think you know but you have no idea?" completely spot on, that's exactly how this book is. i don't know how popular the anecdotes about the authors are, but they sure are candidly revealing and titillating.

i would read this book over and over again until judgment day. it's entertaining and more importantly, informative.

quirks are what makes us human. discovering the quirks of these great minds give us a face as opposed to a mere image shrouded in my
Katrina
This book was a snapshot of various authors through history and included brief outlines of their lives and their supposedly scandalous secrets that "your teachers never told you about"

I'm not so sure teachers would bother keeping this all a secret but whatever. Its mostly affairs and drugs.

so it kinda started off ok - some authors were definitely more interesting then others. Learnt alot of random facts. Got a bit of a negative vibe from it because it seemed to focus on the bad points in the aut
Grace
Apr 23, 2014 Grace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There is nothing particularly 'new' in this book, that a student with an English teacher trying to incentivise them to pay attention in class, has not already shared. The text devotes two to three pages to an author, unless you are the Bronte sisters, who get one page devoted each on average. The facts are in bullet points of four to five lines with no context or background. There are large garish cartoons, it is akin to reading a cartoon script in the Daily Mail on things you knew last week.
Бранимир Събев
Интересна, интригуваща и забавна – това са епитетите, които описват по най-подходящ начин „Тайният живот на великите автори” от неизвестния автор Робърт Шанкенбърг. По своята същност тази книга съдържа един хумористичен поглед към живота, слабостите и специфичните черти на над 40 световноизвестни имена от литературната сцена.
Единственият минус, който ще посоча е, че авторът можеше да добави още немалко смахнати писатели към труда си. Самият факт, че по някаква причина се е отказал да пише за Тру
Raquel Curvacheiro
Madeleine
I've been needing something light and entertaining, and this proved to be a nearly perfect break from the long-term (but so far still worth it!) undertaking that is "Gravity's Rainbow." My dwindling sanity was grateful for a quick and easy read that didn't require running to the internet every fifteen lines to decode another reference to obscure '40s pop culture.

"Secret Lives" gets major points for illuminating the less savory and just plain weird personality quirks/flaws of a host of writers w
Morgan
Feb 06, 2013 Morgan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Não pretendia ler este livro tão cedo. Eu comprei mais por uma curiosidade literário do que por qualquer outra coisa (e nem esta uma pechincha tão boa também, uns 20 reais). Mas em vista do tema de Fevereiro no Desafio Literário resolvi tirar ele da minha estante para dar uma olhada. Eis o que achei sobre o livro.
O livro em si é uma reunião de curiosidades sobre grandes autores da literatura mundial - fatos escusos da vida de cada um deles reunidos pelo escritor de quadrinhos Robert Schnakenberg
Lis
The snarky tone is a bit off-putting--don't read the section titles, in particular! The Jack Kerouac entry is a long list of bad riffs on "On the Road"--the best being "On the Right" about Kerouac's conservative leanings. However, I was searching for inaccuracies, and the only one I could find was the misnaming of Otto Plath as a respected etymologist rather than an entomologist (he was an expert on bees).

Some authors I wish this had covered: Vladimir Nabokov, Christopher Marlowe, Ben Jonson, E
Cristina
Feb 03, 2013 Cristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
No sé si este libro está en español, pero como la mayoría de los reviews que hay están en inglés pues alegría española para el cuerpo.

Tengo que reconocer que este libro es como leer el ¡Hola!, sólo que en vez de personajillos que no han hecho gran cosa por su vida se trata de escritores famosos que en teoría tienen cierto renombre (porque había muchos que no me sonaban de nada. Especialmente los más actuales).

La edición del libro es muy guay. Está totalmente ilustrada por dentro, con una minif
Sara
Jul 27, 2014 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: umoristici, saggi
Ma sarà tutto vero? Possibile che fra tutti questi geni della letteratura non ce ne fosse uno sano di mente? O la predisposizione alle manie è proprio indice di talento? Nel qual caso, rallegriamoci!
La raccolta di aneddoti è uno stimolo a leggere i capolavori di cotanti squinternati e se mi sono andata a rivedere i poeti del '900 sulla letteratura del liceo, l'obiettivo è stato raggiunto. Mi ha fatto un pochino dispiacere leggere dell'opportunismo di Shakespeare e della smidollataggine di Fitzg
jennifer
Aug 27, 2012 jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a brief bio and explanation of why an author became famous, or even, iconic, their chapter is broken up into smaller sections of juicy gossip involving serious character flaws, kinks, scandals or just the unearthing of little-known facts. Who knew that Oscar Wilde's teeth were black due to mercury treatment, that H.G. Wells met and liked Stalin or that Tolkien was known around Oxford for trying to force other cars off the road? And Agatha Christie's father was American, which is something ...more
  • Secret Lives of Great Artists: What Your Teachers Never Told You about Master Painters and Sculptors
  • Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents
  • Book of the bizarre
  • The Company They Kept: Writers on Unforgettable Friendships
  • The Salon.com Reader's Guide to Contemporary Authors
  • The Portable Obituary: How the Famous, Rich, and Powerful Really Died
  • Royal Babylon: The Alarming History of European Royalty
  • Under the Covers and between the Sheets: Facts and Trivia about the World's Greatest Books
  • The Word Made Flesh: Literary Tattoos from Bookworms Worldwide
  • A Treasury of Foolishly Forgotten Americans: Pirates, Skinflints, Patriots, and Other Colorful Characters Stuck in the Footnotes of History
  • I Never Metaphor I Didn't Like: A Comprehensive Compilation of History&#8217;s Greatest Analogies, Metaphors, and Similes
  • Judging a Book by Its Lover: A Field Guide to the Hearts and Minds of Readers Everywhere
  • The 101 Most Influential People Who Never Lived
  • Mental Floss Presents Forbidden Knowledge: A Wickedly Smart Guide to History's Naughtiest Bits (Mental Floss Presents)
  • The New York Times Presents Smarter by Sunday: 52 Weekends of Essential Knowledge for the Curious Mind
  • Curiosities of Literature
  • The Museum of Hoaxes
  • Alien Hand Syndrome and Other Too-Weird-Not-To-Be-True Stories
Robert Schnakenberg has been called "the Howard Zinn of nerd pop culture." He is the author of more than a dozen books, including Old Man Drinks, Christopher Walken A-to-Z, Secret Lives of Great Authors, and the New York Times bestseller The Big Bad Book of Bill Murray. His work has appeared in Penthouse.
More about Robert Schnakenberg...

“Дикенс заживява в един друг свят, където хората се редят на опашка, за да купят последната част от дългите му романи, издавани в поредица.
В Ню Йорк шест хиляди стоят и чакат на пристанището да пристигнат последните глави от "Старият антикварен магазин" през 1841г. "Умира ли малката Нел?" - крещят те на моряците от приближаващия се параход ...”
2 likes
“Морисън е прочута с навика си да изпраща чекове за малки суми на изгряващи автори, придружени от бележка, че са спечелили несъществуваща стипендия, за да продължат работата си.” 1 likes