Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Vol. 12” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Vol. 12

Vampire Knight, Vol. 12 (Vampire Knight #12)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  4,802 ratings  ·  67 reviews
夜会で再会を遂げた零と優姫。決別の刻から一年、ヴァンパイアのトップに君臨する枢の妹として紹介された優姫を見つめる零の想いとは…? ヴァンパイアとハンター…様々な思惑が絡む中、不穏な動きを見せる純血種。そしてまた新たな血が流れる! 新展開に揺れる第12巻。
Published July 5th 2010 by 白泉社

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Vol. 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Knight, Vol. 12

Jamie
So, this story has some redeeming qualities to it. After the last few books left me oh-so disappointed, it took some time to bother grabbing this one.

*Warning* Spoilers ahead if you have not read previous volumes!

This volume picks up full swing at the vampire Soiree. It is the first time in a year Yuki has been out. A chance to be introduce to her new-found status. And a chance to see Zero. Ahhh, Zero. I really felt for him before but his character is running dry for me. Is it that I have had e
PoisonCupcakes
My first reaction to this volume of VK, upon finishing it, was: "Well, it's about time Yuki grew a spine."

Seriously, people. Ever since transforming into Supreme Vamp Princess, Yuki has essentially become Kaname-chan's bitch. You wanna lock me up away from my old friends and family, treat me like a lapdog and only pay any real attention to me when you're biting me/painting my nails? Anything for you, Kaname-sama!

Gag me with a two-by-four.

It's true, I loved this series up until the final part of
Kereesa
The 12th Volume in the Vampire Knight manga series continues off from the events from the last volume. 1 year after the battle with Rido, Yuki and Zero find themselves at the same vampire soiree. When a pureblood vampire turns up dead, and hunter apparently commits suicide after doing the deed, things start to move as the new arc of the series appears.
This volume of Vampire Knight was a bit of a disappointment. Most of it was set-up for the evolving arc, and while I know set-up is important it'
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
I went into Volume 12 after having been frustrated with the last several volumes. Vampire Knight became extremely complicated and rather weird, but I was too invested in the series to give up. I'm pleased to say that I am more interested in the series after reading Volume 12. It's still really complicated and I'm not following it completely, but I'm getting caught up in the drama.

It's been a year since Yuki and Zero last saw each other. In the outside world, everything is falling apart in the va
Lady Entropy
Same old, same old, as per my previous reviews. Lovely art, okay characters, awesome concept, lousy execution and story.

The author clearly writes on her knee, adding things to the world build and story as she goes along, often contradicting, padding or outright making no sense of the story.

I love (LOVE) how Purebloods get and lose powers according to how convenient it's for the story -- ah, Sara. For the villain that should replace Rido and be a threat to Yuki, you are remarkably stupid, predict
Strangerealms
Michelle E.
Mostly I just liked the bits with Kaien Cross in them. He's a very likable character. Zero's OK. I'm not in love with the Kaname that came about after Yuki (view spoiler) (never loved Yuki, and she's even worse now). Kaname treats Yuki like a little kid, and Yuki acts like one. As far as romantic relationships go, this is very unappealing to read about.
Christine
*whimpers* This series is not moving fast enough for me. I need the next volume asap! I can't wait another two months! Are you people CRAZY?!

I love Kaname so much and if it turns out he's not who he says he is, I will fly to Japan, learn how to curse in Japanese and track down Matsuri Hino. I'll do it.
Jessica
This book has gotten to a point where I can't remember what is going on between volumes and that lack of appreciation for current events is making the book hard to enjoy. Some disturbing relationship dynamics overshadowed a lot of the book too, but I am sure that was intentional.
Kayla
Aug 21, 2010 Kayla rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This series is satisfyingly long, however it is torture waiting for its next installment. It's getting so good I don't want to wait anymore!
Jessie Potts
Why isn't there a third season of this anime? I love where the mangas are going.
Sébaste Gagné
This is the part of the story I had reached the first time I tried to read this series before giving up because it was getting hard to understand (but it was probably because I could only read one chapter by month, because I think it's pretty simple now).

The part I liked the most in this book was when Yuuki decided to go to that pureblood vampire house to ask him if he wanted her to help him die because she's finally doing something else in her life than staying in the Kuran manor. Seriously, Ka
Lesedelfin
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

So much is happening in this series, and it’s taking me way too long to catch up.

There’s a lot of Zero drama, whom I’m still feeling very iffy toward. I’m just not happy with him, and I don’t like that. I want to like him again.

There’s some more of the night class students, a lot of whom are up to their own things. Ichijo isn’t up to anything good, because he’s roped into Sara, a not-good pure blood vampire who I don’t trust. I still like Shiki and Toya
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το δωδέκατο τεύχος της σειράς ανταποκρίνεται στις νύχτες 54 έως 58 και μας μεταφέρει στο σημείο εκείνο όπου μας είχε αφήσει το προηγούμενο. Η Yuki έχει κάνει την πρώτη της εμφάνιση στον κόσμο των βρικολάκων ως μία από αυτούς και μάλιστα, ως μια άγνωστη Καθαρόαιμη της πιο δυνατής οικογένειας. Όλοι θέλουν να την γνωρίσουν, όλοι θέλουν να την πλησιάσουν, ο καθένας για να εξυπηρετήσει τους δικούς του κρυφούς σκοπούς, κάτι για το οποίο ο Kaname είχε φροντίσει να την ενημερώσει από πριν ώστε να είναι ...more
Nina at Death Books and Tea
The book starts a year after volume 11, at a soiree held by vampires which the hunters are attending. Zero and Yuki probably would be catching up, but they still have to protect her human best friend Yori, youngl blood the middle of many many vampires. Add to the fact that pureblood Sara Shirabuki is also there and her fiancé, Ouri, is missing, and maybe that vampire party may not go quite as planned....
So the one year time skip hasn't made Yuki develop. her personality seems very similar to tha
Soobie's heartbroken
Come non detto...

Se nel volume precedente le cose sembravano essere migliorate di mezza stellina, qua ritorniamo nei meandri confusi della mente dell'autrice...

Tramacci e trame da parte di Kuran che ancora non si vede dove portino. E Yuki che ormai non ha più capacità di agire ma si limita a fare ciò che le dice il fratello. Perfino la sua fuga era programmata da lui, e lei obbedisce come un cagnolino.

Sette volumi all'alba.
Kristen
At the very end, I got incredibly lost. Normally when they reference the past, they'll do in the middle of the book and that means by the end they've usually explained it all... But ending the book like that isn't really a cliffhanger; it's just annoying.
I enjoyed bits and pieces of this book. I loved the beginning of this series a lot more--I'm not a fan of Kaname; I love Zero--and these volumes barely talk about him anymore, though they do show bits and pieces. Also, Yuki's character is start
Lauren
Vampires and a steamy love triangle, that is exactly what caught my attention with this series!

Even though Yuki was sometimes a goofy character (like most females in manga) I thought upon occasion she showed spirit and bravery.

I kept going back and forth through the series between Zero and Kaname, although I think I liked Zero most of the time.
Naomi
Lara
Something terrible goes down at the vampire soiree, and Yuki is determined to figure out what really happened. Those fancy parties never do go according to plan, do they? Yuki's finally beginning to reassert her independence after having been kept isolated for a year, and I'm definitely looking forward to a return to her fiestiness. This story is still pretty confusing at times--there are a lot of peripheral characters all skulking around in the background planning dastardly deeds, and a lot of ...more
Brenda
Quiero el siguiente tomo....yaaaa!
A pesar de que fue una re-lectura, sigo emocionandome como la primera vez.
¡Amo a Haruka! jajaj sorry Zero
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Yuki sees her friend at a party. This one was interesting. The art work got weird at times.
Mariah
Interesting new developments happen. I really enjoyed this one.
Arlette Corona alejandre
El volumen mas flojo hasta ahorita.
Melanie
Jul 04, 2015 Melanie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Great!
Alicia
Kaname negotiates with the Hunter Society and coordinates a vampire soiree. Yuki is introduced to all the other vampires - a Kuran princess - at the soiree. The result in all their minds is 'ooh, fresh meat'. Zero is one of the hunters watching over the gathering along with another hunter (whose name escapes me) who smuggled Yuki's good friend into the gathering. Will the vampires give the hunters an excuse to kill more of their kind? What about the mysterious death of one of the purebloods?
Keisha Keenleyside
this manga is so great! its gripping from start to finish the storyline flows throughout and has a unexpected ending to it. the Anime to this (the Japanese one not the dubbed) is just as gripping and the casting for the voices were well chosen for the characters attitude. i reccomend against this if you don't like romance and vampire fantasy. also if interested in the anime i would reccomend the Japanese version with subs try not to watch the dubbed its atrocious.
  • フラワーコミックス [Black Bird, Vol. 11]
  • Bloody Kiss, Vol. 02
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 16 (Ouran High School Host Club, #16)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #5)
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 3
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 16 (The Wallflower, #16)
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 3 (Dengeki Daisy, #3)
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...

Vampire Knight (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 5 (Vampire Knight, #5)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 6 (Vampire Knight, #6)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 7 (Vampire Knight, #7)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 8 (Vampire Knight, #8)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 10 (Vampire Knight, #10)
Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4) MeruPuri, Vol. 1 (MeruPuri, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9) Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)