Start by marking “L'acchiappasogni” as Want to Read:
L'acchiappasogni

L'acchiappasogni

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  108,310 Ratings  ·  1,614 Reviews
Amici fin dall'infanzia, Henry, Jonesy, Beav e Pete hanno preso da adulti strade diverse, però non rinunciano al loro appuntamento annuale nel Maine, là nella baita dove ondeggia quel curioso oggetto indiano chiamato acchiappasogni. Ma stavolta li aspetta una brutta avventura: il cielo preannuncia una tempesta di neve e nel folto si aggira qualcuno (o qualcosa) che amerebb ...more
Published 2004 by Sperling & Kupfer (first published March 20th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about L'acchiappasogni, please sign up.

Christopher Jones If King was still taking hard drugs he'd probably be dead right now, from one overdose complication or another. I don't know about you but I prefer a…moreIf King was still taking hard drugs he'd probably be dead right now, from one overdose complication or another. I don't know about you but I prefer a living King to a dead one.(less)

mark monday
so I had a dream last night where Graham and Brian and Steve and I were all back in Seattle, and it was like it was before, four friends who were different from each other but still really connected, like brothers, and we were having adventures and serious talks and stupid talks and good times and bad times and it was all just so sweet and real, like things had never changed. of course things change and these are still my friends, but change is change and so Brian and Steve still aren't talking ...more
Mario
Apr 05, 2016 Mario rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, own-unread
As I was going up the stair
I meet a man who wasn't there;
He wasn't there again today!
I wish, I wish he'd stay away.

Well, what a ride that was...

Rating this book was quite hard. I'm still not sure if I'm okay with giving it 3 stars, because it had so many good characters, parts and plot twists, so one part of me feels like giving it 5 stars. But then again, at some parts, it left me feeling miserable and asking myself if I was ever going to finish it, so because of that, the other part of me thi
Wendell
Let me say at the outset: I am a HUGE Stephen King fan, and I've read all the novels and short stories, as well as his rather wonderful books on writing.

Unfortunately, Dreamcatcher is a bloated, vacuous, dreadful piece of self-indulgence that mostly goes to show that King has apparently gotten so famous that no one dares edit him or tell him that he's written a bad book.

The pointless repetition in this door-stop of a novel is staggering beyond belief (and, ultimately, stultifying as well). King
Becky
I have read this a few times now and I think that the older I get, the more I see and get out of this book. While it's definitely true that King is repeating some themes and tropes from his previous books, I think that the relationships and the connections depicted here are some of the most touching, at least in my mind.

I love the way that King can bring forth such strong emotions in me. There were times when I literally had to set this book down because I couldn't see for crying - and those ar
Susan
Nov 11, 2007 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing book. Even though it took me 3 months to read it was worth it. Anyone who wants to read this book must be prepared for sleepless nights and illusions. Stephen King is a fantastic writer who uses such descriptions it makes you feel that right behind you there is an alien waiting to take your energy. Throughout this book I tried figuring out what the title meant and how it relates to the book. By the end I love how the last few pages are devoted to explaining things and making ...more
Edward Lorn
Sigh... You ready? Let's get this over with.

With Dreamcatcher, Stephen King tried to recapture the magic of It while simultaneously making up for the shithouse rat that was The Tommyknockers. He attempted this feat while recovering from a horrible accident wherein he was turned into a mixture of speed bump and pretzel. Whatever King wrote during this time would have been utter crap, trust me. Pain dulls the creative process. This is why the most prolific creative persons are normally addicts of
Becky
Dec 16, 2015 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Constant Readers
Whew... There's a lot that I want to say about this book, and I'm not really sure where to start. I first read this book back in... oh, 2002 or 2003, maybe, and I can absolutely say that I did NOT get much out of it. Sure, it's still a thrill ride, still entertaining, but it was definitely not his best, in my, somewhat oblivious opinion. But see... I was something of a King Re-reader back then. I had my favorites - 'The Stand', 'The Shining', 'The Talisman', 'Needful Things' - to name a few, and ...more
Franco  Santos
Un libro extraño de King. Me gustó. Empieza muy bien, me absorbió en la trama rápidamente. Luego se torna demasiado descriptivo y hasta aburrido. Cuando aparece en escena todo el tinte militar, que no me gustó en absoluto, se me volvió muy pesado.

Mis partes favoritas fueron en las que King aborda hechos sucedidos en la infancia de los amigos protagonistas de este relato. Me resultaron muy interesantes, pletóricos de unión, amistad y sentimentalismo.

El final está muy bien. Es una de mis partes f
Peggy
Aug 14, 2007 Peggy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, Dreamcatcher is not just a rehash of It. The bad news is it's a rehash of The Tommyknockers, too, which is perhaps my least favorite of all of King's works.

All right, maybe that's not quite fair. Dreamcatcher does involve aliens, a secret in the woods, and telepathy, but it's not exactly a carbon copy of The Tommyknockers. It re-uses pieces of many of King's works. There's the "adults who bonded as children and did a great thing" theme from It.
Wayne Barrett
Mar 13, 2016 Wayne Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

First of all, let me say I can understand why some folks don't care for this one, and I don't blame you. No, I'm not saying I didn't like it, after all, I gave it 4 stars. Just saying I can understand considering there were some issues that tested my patience. First of all, this story is all over the place and I can see where a reader might get tired of trying to follow the threads (or the strings of the dreamcatcher). And secondly, this lunker could have been shortened a bit.

As for me, I manag
Nick Iuppa
Jonathan Briggs
Ree-damn-diculous. Aliens bursting from butts. Frothing military maniacs. A Magic Retard (Stephen King's go-to character when the Magic Negro is busy). Ludicrous, labored faux-blue-collar dialogue. And farts. Constant, neverending, rancid, moist farts. This may be the stupidest book King has ever written, and that's saying something. And yet ... I kept thinking he was doing it on purpose, that he wrote this as a horror comedy, a la "Slither." King has written some godawful garbage in his career, ...more
Suzanne
Jan 11, 2013 Suzanne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kill-me-now
So bad I wanted to burn my copy so that no one else would have to read it.

Seriously. Farts and creatures entering the world from a person's 'back door' do not a good horror novel make. The first time this happens in the book I actually laughed aloud.

Use the book as a paperweight, a doorstop, or a teething toy for your dog. Just don't bother trying to read it.
Chris
Nov 23, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephen King is truly gifted. In this book, he takes a cheesy overdone concept (alien/body snatchers) and makes it work.

This isn't the best King book, but it is far from being his worst. I didn't have hugely high expectations other than being able to chuckle everytime somebody said "shit weasels", but I was pleasantly surprised.

I saw the movie a few times, and while I enjoyed it, this wasn't something that should have won any Oscars. That lowered my expectations some.

I'm not a huge fan of alien-
Kandice
Feb 11, 2010 Kandice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've put off writing a review because Becky wrote the review to end all reviews and said it all! It's my resolution to review all the books I read this year so I have to make the attempt. Here goes...

I read this the week it first came out in 2001 because I always read his books as soon as they come out. At breakneck speed more often than not. I tend to re-read and savor the books later, but the first reading is like a "fix" I have been Jonesing for, so taking my time is not really an option. I w
Jason
Jun 20, 2008 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Science fiction fans, thiller fans, Stephen King fans, alien invasion fans
Stephen
2.0 to 2.5 stars. Not one of King's better efforts. One of the rare times in my life where I have actually enjoyed the movie more than the book.
Chrissa Vasileiou
Το βιβλίο αυτό μπορεί σε μερικά σημεία να μοιάζει κάπως 'τρελό', αλλά θα πρέπει ο αναγνώστης να συνυπολογίσει ως προς αυτό και τα εξής:
1) γράφτηκε σε μια ιδιαίτερα δύσκολη περίοδο για τον Κινγκ,ο οποίος ανέρρωνε από ένα ιδιαίτερα επίπονο τροχαίο ατύχημα και ήταν σχεδόν συνέχεια υπό την επήρεια φαρμάκων, και
2) γράφτηκε από τον Κινγκ. Αυτό! :Ρ

Μου άρεσε σαν σκέψη,μου άρεσε η εξέλιξή του και το τέλος του. Επειδή όμως οπωσδήποτε δεν με συνάρπασε,δεν με συγκλόνισε,δε με σόκαρε,νομίζω πως 3 αστεράκια ε
Joe
Sep 02, 2015 Joe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
Celine
3.5 Stars

Dreamcatcher is kind of an odd little ducky. At seven-hundred pages, it can hardly be called little, but in the oeuvre of Stephen King it hardly registers as a small blip. It's not well loved, but as per my usual reaction with King's books, I still found plenty of enjoyment in Dreamcatcher.

Five boys from Derry grow up to be four guys. They go on an annual hunting trip, but barely speak throughout the year. This year's trip is different - they see moving lights, get stuck in a terrible
Mike (the Paladin)
Lots of gross outs and a narrow escape for human-kind. Another story I think could have been better.

My wife liked this book, I got into the bathroom fiction (literally) and asked myself why am I still reading this? King is a talented writer...but he's much to willing to go to the vulgar for my taste.

In a way it's a shame as the idea behind this one is very involving and I think would make an excellent novel...this just (for me) isn't it.

I am sorry as I know a lot of you love King and as I said m
Sasa
Feb 08, 2015 Sasa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trinaest godina nakon prvog citanja, ponovo sam uzivao u ovoj ludoj, mracnoj i neozbiljnoj knjizi.
Jer ovo jeste jedna neozbiljna knjiga, jedan Kingov hir, i uspesan pokusaj da se pozabavi temom vanzemaljaca.
Zbog cega je ljudi ozbiljno shvataju, nije mi jasno.
Real roller coaster alien ride, sa svim svojim manama i nedostacima, meni je pruzio jos jednom opustanje i sjajnu zabavu. 4/5
Amanda
I picked Dreamcatcher up to read because after finders keepers I wanted to read a story that I know that I will enjoy. I’ve not read Dreamcatcher for a number of years so I settled down to read with much pleasure.

Released in 2001, Dreamcatcher was written by Stephen King when he was recovering from a 1999 car accident that nearly killed him. This certainly resonates throughout the book, which was originally written by hand.

The book follows five childhood friends, Duddits, Jonesy, Henry, Pete and
Nancy
May 21, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-print
Angel
Apr 02, 2016 Angel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, horror, aliens
Épico.
No tengo nada malo que decir sobre este libro.
La narración me encantó. Stephen King tiene una manera de contar historias que es magnífica. La manera en la que describe escenarios y personajes... es genial. Es un grandioso escritor.
El libro, en si, esta lleno de escenas épicas de acción.
(view spoiler)
Harry Kane
This started as a 4-5 star book, with intense Lovecraftian situations of mysterious, or rather 'uncanny' and 'abhorrent' stuff going down in isolated woods in the middle of a snowstorm. Then, it quickly sorta became a Koontz book - think Strangers meets the Bad Place meets a weaker author like Scott Sigler. And without any Koontz-style descriptions too, which are the saving grace of so many of his books.
There are some typical King moments of telekinetic and delirium varieties, and the obligatory
Heather V
Nov 05, 2010 Heather V rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone I loathed
I'm a King fan, though I'll be the second to admit that he's had his fair share of misses amidst the hits. (I've met the man; he's definitely the first.) This one is, in my opinion, his biggest miss of all. The concept has promise, and it's territory he's visited before: A group of childhood friends stumble upon something strange and scary/amazing, and it follows them through to adulthood, at which point things go haywire. We've seen great stories from him using this basic theme in the past ("It ...more
Benjamin Stahl
Mar 16, 2015 Benjamin Stahl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: second-reading
This was the second Stephen King book I ever read. (Well, I read Salem's Lot and Pet Sematary back in High School, but that doesn't really count). What I mean to say is that after Stephen King's arguable magnum opus (in my opinion, It) pretty much changed my life and got me serious about reading and writing, I then moved on to Dreamcatcher ... (the only other King novel that happened to be sitting on my family's overwrought bookshelf).
Back then, I guess I didn't really know what to make of this
Jessika
I was pretty wary when I started this book. I read The Tommyknockers a few years back, and I felt kinda "meh" about it. I've never been big on "alien" stories. I've heard some people describe Dreamcatcher as a blend between The Tommyknockers and IT, and now having finished, I have to say that's a pretty accurate description. I was also a little nervous because I've heard people say that Stephen King's newer stuff just isn't up to par with his older classics like IT or The Shining.

I shouldn't ha
Sakura87
Jul 13, 2012 Sakura87 rated it did not like it
Alieni? Niente paura, sconfiggili col bacon!

La prima stesura del mio commento era di due sole parole, di cui la seconda un infinito presente il cui morfema lessicale molto in tema con il contenuto del libro.

La seconda, sempre in tema, è la seguente: usatelo come carta igienica.
E ve lo dice una grande fan di Stephen King.
L’unico pregio di questo libro è che le settecento pagine si fanno leggere in fretta.
Stephen King Fans: Dreamcatcher 80 315 May 31, 2016 05:46AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Dreamcatcher by Stephen King 1 18 Jan 17, 2015 06:21PM
Bomber Bests: Nick Manocchio 2 3 Dec 10, 2013 10:59AM
Just about 8 88 Sep 07, 2013 01:14AM
Stephen King Fans: This topic has been closed to new comments. Dreamcatcher (Spoiler Alert) 2 41 May 18, 2012 07:52AM
  • The Bachman Books
  • Nobody True
  • The Right Hand of Evil
  • Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance
  • The Servants of Twilight
  • Stephen King Illustrated Companion Manuscripts, Correspondence, Drawings, and Memorabilia from the Master of Modern Horror
  • Fear Itself: The Horror Fiction of Stephen King
  • The Inhuman Condition (Books of Blood #4)
  • Road Rage: Two Novellas (Duel & Road Rage)
  • The Door to December
More about Stephen King...

“SSDD Same Shit Different Day” 84 likes