Start by marking “I Can See Clearly Now: Roman” as Want to Read:
I Can See Clearly Now: Roman

I Can See Clearly Now: Roman

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Es gibt einfach keinen besseren Weg, um sich kennenzulernen, als gemeinsam Musik zu machen. Jetzt erkläre ich euch, was ich mir von euch wünsche. Als Erstes möchte ich, dass ihr euch alle einzeln vorstellt. Erzählt uns, was euch bewogen
hat, euch für dieses Projekt zu bewerben, was ihr heute erlebt habt und wann und wo ihr eure Jungfräulichkeit verloren habt.Julie glaubt, i
Published November 27th 2010 by Bastei L?bbe (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about I Can See Clearly Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can See Clearly Now

Rev. Nyarkoleptek
Well. It wasn't awful. Just the sort of book that would get a warm review in People magazine. There's enough dope smoking and casual sex to lock in the types of readers who feel compelled to read out of a sense of cultural obligation.

Oh, and I was planning on giving this book four stars because of the way Halpin portrayed each character's internal dialog and thereby keeping up the level of soap-operatic suspense. But I see that the author himself has written a glowing review of his own book and
Gerri Leen
What if the people behind "Schoolhouse Rock" (oh come on, you all remember that, right? Saturday mornings. More fun than the 'toons! "Conjunction Junction, what's your function..." and all the other gems. Okay, if you weren't a kid in the 70's, I'll give you a pass on the classics.) Anyway, what if those had been written by some just-out-of-college kids who were into music and needed money and smoked a lot of weed while recreating their own mini Summer of Love? Add in the "brains" behind the thi ...more
Jenn Estepp
remember that book street gang, about the behind the scenes of sesame street in the 70s? i was so looking forward to it, and then couldn't even get through the first chapter, so dry and academic and humorless was it. thank goodness, then, for halpin's effort that takes a fictionalized look at the behind the scenes escapades of an educational tv song/series, a la schoolhouse rock. fun and light, with lots of sex and drugs and not-quite-rock-n-roll. tons of fun, although my gripe is that things se ...more
Jules
This was the first "light reading" I've done since my daughter's death two months ago and there was something really lovely about getting sucked in and floating through it. It was more of a guilty pleasure book than some of Halpin's others (the kind you take to the beach or curl up with on a rainy weekend) but definitely a tasty nostalgic treat for anyone who grew up in the 70s or otherwise survived them.
Lisa
A light read that focuses on a group of musicians hired to make educational children's cartoons (a la Schoolhouse Rock) in the early 70's. I liked the different perspectives and personalities that made the book such a fun, easy read. I would have liked even more 70's references and NYC vibe.
Craig
A fun premise and a semi-strong start with sex, drugs and saturday morning conjunction junction. By the latter part of the book I was quite tired of all the whining. I just wanted to finish it so I could get my adult summer reading program prize...
A novel about a group of penniless songwriters in the 1970s who are hired to write "Schoolhouse Rock" type educational songs for children. Very interesting and entertaining.
Jenn
Loved this easy read. One of my new favorite authors and he was also a HS teacher. I love that he writes fiction, young adult fiction, and nonfiction. Check him out!
Brendan
May 01, 2009 Brendan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Refreshing to read a fun, light book from a guy who so often writes about grief and death. Great beach book, and lots of fun for anyone who was a kid in the 70's.
Richmond
A totl hoot - parpdy of the crew that created all the sat morning educational cartoons like "I'm Just a Bill." Funny with sex and drugs! Also vintage NYC.
Aaron
Delightful story inspired by the creation of the "Schoolhouse Rock" series of educational cartoon shorts.
Amy
despite the horrible cover, this book was really funny and clever.
Jen
Perfect popcorn book. Not too deep but fun. A quick read.
Keri
Totally light, fun, summer read.
Ray Charbonneau
Enjoyable, nothing special.
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Zuleymie Rivera
Zuleymie Rivera marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Lise Lora
Lise Lora marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Aliki
Aliki marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I grew up in Cincinnati, went to college in Philadelphia, and also lived in Taipei and Edinburgh along the way. I've lived in Boston since 1991.

I became a professional writer in 2000, writing about my late wife Kirsten's breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. Kirsten died in 2003, leaving me and our daughter Rowen. I married Suzanne in 2005 and got her kids Casey and Kylie in the deal too. Bargain
More about Brendan Halpin...
Forever Changes Donorboy Losing My Faculties: A Teacher's Story Shutout Dear Catastrophe Waitress