Stopping Time and Old Habits (Wicked Lovely #2.5-.6)

Stopping Time and Old Habits (Wicked Lovely #2.5-2.6)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  514 ratings  ·  29 reviews

With "Old Habits," Melissa Marr returns to the ravishing world of Faerie with a story set between her bestselling novels Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity. Recently anointed king of the Dark Court, Niall struggles to forge a new relationship with his subjects—and with the former Dark King, Irial, his once-friend, once-enemy, and now possible-advisor.

"Stopping Time" is an e

Published (first published February 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stopping Time and Old Habits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stopping Time and Old Habits

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
101st out of 480 books — 930 voters
Harry Potter by J.K. RowlingThe Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerAdrian's Lost Chapter by Richelle Mead
Extras
43rd out of 103 books — 86 voters

More lists with this book...

Maria
Mar 22, 2011 Maria rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: wicked lovely series fans
Shelves: ya
Can i just say that Irial is among my fave characters in WL series (besides Devlin and Keenan)?

There's really not much in here though, just answers on unaswered questions in Ink Exchange. mostly Stopping Time revolved on Leslie-Iri-Niall love triangle (dunno if it is fit to call them that since they all love each other). Then Marr delved on Iri-Niall's complicated relationship in Old Habits.

what i love about Irial: he knows what he wants (and he goes after it), he knows what he is (and isn't af...more
Susan

Stopping Time is a dark and hauntingly beautiful glimpse at what happens shortly after Ink Exchange leaves off. Melissa Marr never fails to disappoint, when it comes to bringing the stories that she tells to life with captivating attention to detail and dark beguiling imagery that has a way of drawing readers in and capturing their attention. It was wonderful to see Irial, Nial, and Leslie together again even if only from a distance in some instances. Stopping Time was so much more than just the

Nomad
Oh this was GOOD. Irial/Nial/Leslie are one of my favorite polyamorous trios in fiction and both of these short stories give you glimpses of their lives inbetween books. They also let you know that Irial and Nial have been having contact with Leslie, regardless of their protests to the contrary. It's not a lot of contact, but it's enough to whet the whistle for more.

These stories are moments in time and as that they are superb. However, they are just that and so without knowledge of the Wicked...more
Michaela
Stopping Time

I really enjoyed this short story because I liked reading more about Leslie and her realtionship with Irial and Niall. I liked reading about her trying to move on with her life while still keeping contact with the two fairie she loves. We also saw a soft side to Iri and his love for both Leslie and Niall, which I liked. Overall, another great story by Melissa Marr.

Old Habits

While I didn't like this as much as I did Stopping Time, tis was still a good story with Niall trying to adjus
Brandee Terry
I liked that these two short stories wrapped up some of the questions I had from the series.
Kelly
Apr 10, 2011 Kelly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Wicked Lovely Fans
Shelves: fantasy, ya, faerie
Brianne
Jul 26, 2011 Brianne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fae, pnr
I really enjoyed stopping time much more than old habits, but they were both decent. The strange love-triangle becomes a little more explained... even though I sort of felt incomplete after reading this because I wanted to see more... but alas it shall not come. A good read if you like the Wicked Lovely series.
Cathy
Stopping time is sweet (if dark, as usual). Old Habits is very adult emotionally. I don't think I'd have gotten much of it as a kid, but kids these days are more sophisticated. Both are fun stories, worth the price for fans of the series.
Courtney
You can also find these stories in Marr's collection of short stories, Faery Tales & Nightmares.
Leanne
I was so glad to find this book. It answered so many of the questions that I had during the series, particularly after reading Ink Exchange.
Viv
Stopping Time shows the bittersweet Leslie-Iri-Niall love triangle. I have to say Irial is now my favorite character in the Wicked Lovely Series.
luisa
i loved it. both short stories tell us more about the relationship of leslie, niall and irial and i love all three of them so very much.
Anne
I read this first when it was release on the Rath I think. Stopping Time was also added to my paperback copy of Ink Exchange.
Ashley
Wonderful additions to Ink Exchange. I'm saddened by what Leslie must go through. Still hoping Niall can work it out with her.
Louisa
Oh, this was a great introduction to Devlin, and The High Court, and yeah, loved it!
Brianna
was okay for being about lesile, irial and niall, but i am not a big fan about them.
Jenn
Specifically, I liked "Stopping Time" and was ambivalent toward "Old Habits."
Jaime
One of my all time favorite faerie books!!!! I love Melissa Marr!!!
Amber
Reading stopping time. I really love these in-between novellas.
Margaret

Loved it! What a great little accompaniment to the series!
Maria
Short stories that put the ending of Ink Exchange in a better place.
Chrissy Stoll
Very good. Fills in the gaps after Ink Exchange.
~Linda~
Meissa Marr has made a very happy reader!
Kyle
*2.5/5 Stars

Just bored the heck out of me.
Lisa
i liked these storise very intresting.
Phyllis
Loved more Niall and Irial stuff
Melissa
Loved reading the in-between stories.
Abby Gray
Apr 15, 2011 Abby Gray is currently reading it
so far it is good .
Veronica
loved it.............
Lana Waltosz
Lana Waltosz marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
  • Hellcursed (Shadowfae, #0.5)
  • Unquiet Slumber (Blue Fire, #1)
  • Forever Enchanted (Fairies of Rush, #2)
  • Highland Magic (Druid's Glen, #5)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Portal Guardians (Clash of the Otherworlds, #3)
  • Errant (Killer Unicorns, #.5)
  • Necromancer (Necromancer, #0.5)
  • A Faerie Fated Forever (Forever, #1)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade, #0.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Divided (Darkest Powers, #1.5)
5 stars= If I love you, I'll buy you a copy from this list of books. (Pls note, if you are my family or dearest friends, feel free to remind me to do so. I am lousy w remembering birthdays/holidays.)

4 stars= Don't even ask to borrow it. You should prob buy it though.

3= If you borrow it, you better not lose it, mangle it, or keep it too long.

2 or 1 star= I don't use these. If it's not a 3 star or...more
More about Melissa Marr...
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)