Start by marking “Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls

Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls

The girls are back and angrier than ever! The fourth book in the successful Angry Little Girls series features the hilarious return of this beloved cast of characters, this time recast as fairy-tale heroines. Kim, the angry little Asian girl, stars in "Snow Yellow and the Seven Short Men"; Wanda, the fresh soul sistah, stars in "RapPunsWell"; Xyla, the gloomy girl, stars i ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls

Nia Nymue
Mar 09, 2013 Nia Nymue rated it really liked it
Not appropriate for actually angry little girls. Alright for teens and older.
Oct 23, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, graphic-novel
The Angry Little Girls are here to give their own spin to some of our favorite fairy tales. The 5 tales and their heroines are:

- Snow Yellow and the Seven Short Men, Kim the "Angry Little Asian Girl"
- The Princess Got the Third Degree, Deborah the "Disenchanted Princess
- He's No Beauty in the Least, Maria the "Crazy Little Latina"
- RapPunsWell, Wanda the "Fresh Little Soul Sistah"
- Little Miss Wears-a-Hood, Xyla the "Gloomy Girl"

Each of the stories presents a funny, fractured fairy tale featu
Jul 22, 2015 Andria rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
SO CLOSE to being really great - these are snarky, modern takes on fairy tales with a girl-positive spin. But why all the racial stereotypes? Snow White played by an Asian girl becomes "Snow Yellow," and the Black girl stars as a rapping Rapunzel. Don't get me started on the character of "Maria the Crazy Little Latina" !!!! It all just left me feeling kind of icky.
Blodeuedd Finland
Sep 29, 2013 Blodeuedd Finland rated it really liked it
Shelves: fairytale-remake
This fairy-tale remake was epic, so funny and quirky. The drawings were simple and cute and fitted perfectly.

Snow Yellow and the Seven Short Men, Kim the "Angry Little Asian Girl"
Oh the end, the end! That had me laughing cos it was so true. Just think what really happens in the saga.

The Princess Got the Third Degree, Deborah the "Disenchanted Princess
This is the princess and the pea. That poor girl, just let the sleep. And what a mama's boy the prince is.

He's No Beauty in the Least, Maria the
Jun 16, 2016 Zahirah rated it liked it
I've heard of these girls but I've never read any of of their books. But I love fairy tales and all its various retellings. The drawings are adorable and tell the story well enough but I feel the different personalities of the girls are not really portrayed. I don't get the craziness of Maria, the soulness of Wanda or the gloominess of Xyla. But the book is still a fun one and the illustrations are charming.
Michelle Morrell
I picked this up on a whim at the library, I’m always looking for things I can read with my kids. (That’s my excuse for reading a lot of YA dystopias, though we all know I read them anyway!)

Apparently this is a fairly known comic strip, though this was my first exposure. The characters are a multicultural cauldron of little girls, reacting with all the coolness and sarcasm so perfected by the average preteen.

Perhaps were I more familiar with the strip I would have got more out of it. But honestl
Mar 02, 2015 Miriam rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
It was fine, but not good enough to want to read any of the other angry little girl books.
May 04, 2015 Olive rated it it was amazing
Entertaining easy read, too adorable. Modern twist on classic fairytales.
Mar 31, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it
Fun. Totally want to check out more by the same artist.
Nov 25, 2014 Lgold rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015 Caro rated it really liked it
These are pretty nice adaptations of the fairy tales for the modern times. Since they are made for kids is an easy reading for an adult. I finish the book in around half hour, I really enjoyed and I hope there are more, Now I want to read the other tales that Lela Lee wrote.... Really like the adaptations I want to se how are her own works. Also the illustrations are pretty nice done
Jun 12, 2012 Bianca rated it really liked it
The quirky comebacks from the feisty female characters in these retellings will leave you laughing. An angry mother-in-law to an unconvinced princess the author has deftly woven some cherished childhood stories into painful, yet funny, reflections of adulthood. Not for children, but highly recommended for college age and over.
Aug 12, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it
A graphic novel of familiar fairy tales ripe with cynicism, sarcasm and humor perfect for teens. Each fairy tale stars one of the Angry Little Girls and stays true to the original story but doesn't have the fluff that so many fairy tale books can have.
Nov 14, 2013 Linda rated it liked it
Megs T Nelson
Jan 08, 2013 Megs T Nelson rated it really liked it
Cute, angry version of classic fairy tales.
Amanda Quah
Oct 06, 2013 Amanda Quah rated it did not like it
The previous books in the series were better :/
Katrina Tan
Apr 20, 2012 Katrina Tan rated it really liked it
Apparently she sounds like me...
Mar 14, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Pretty funny.
Anindya rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2016
Sarah Starkiller
Sarah Starkiller rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2016
Amie added it
Jul 31, 2016
Amanda added it
Jul 15, 2016
Julie rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2016
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Christine rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2016
M.S. marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Erin  Buerk
Erin Buerk marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
  • Stuck in the Middle: 17 Comics from an Unpleasant Age
  • Shakespeare's Insults: Educating Your Wit
  • Romeo and Juliet
  • Moose
  • Basketball Belles: How Two Teams and One Scrappy Player Put Women's Hoops on the Map
  • Lovers' Lane: the Hall-Mills Mystery (A Treasury of XXth Century Murder)
  • Four Eyes, Volume 1: Forged in Flames