Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls

Fairy Tales for Angry Little Girls

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The girls are back and angrier than ever! The fourth book in the successful Angry Little Girls series features the hilarious return of this beloved cast of characters, this time recast as fairy-tale heroines. Kim, the angry little Asian girl, stars in "Snow Yellow and the Seven Short Men"; Wanda, the fresh soul sistah, stars in "RapPunsWell"; Xyla, the gloomy girl, stars i...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Abrams ComicArts

The Angry Little Girls are here to give their own spin to some of our favorite fairy tales. The 5 tales and their heroines are:

- Snow Yellow and the Seven Short Men, Kim the "Angry Little Asian Girl"
- The Princess Got the Third Degree, Deborah the "Disenchanted Princess
- He's No Beauty in the Least, Maria the "Crazy Little Latina"
- RapPunsWell, Wanda the "Fresh Little Soul Sistah"
- Little Miss Wears-a-Hood, Xyla the "Gloomy Girl"

Each of the stories presents a funny, fractured fairy tale featu...more
Blodeuedd Finland
This fairy-tale remake was epic, so funny and quirky. The drawings were simple and cute and fitted perfectly.

Snow Yellow and the Seven Short Men, Kim the "Angry Little Asian Girl"
Oh the end, the end! That had me laughing cos it was so true. Just think what really happens in the saga.

The Princess Got the Third Degree, Deborah the "Disenchanted Princess
This is the princess and the pea. That poor girl, just let the sleep. And what a mama's boy the prince is.

He's No Beauty in the Least, Maria the...more
Caro
These are pretty nice adaptations of the fairy tales for the modern times. Since they are made for kids is an easy reading for an adult. I finish the book in around half hour, I really enjoyed and I hope there are more, Now I want to read the other tales that Lela Lee wrote.... Really like the adaptations I want to se how are her own works. Also the illustrations are pretty nice done
Michelle M
I picked this up on a whim at the library, I’m always looking for things I can read with my kids. (That’s my excuse for reading a lot of YA dystopias, though we all know I read them anyway!)

Apparently this is a fairly known comic strip, though this was my first exposure. The characters are a multicultural cauldron of little girls, reacting with all the coolness and sarcasm so perfected by the average preteen.

Perhaps were I more familiar with the strip I would have got more out of it. But honestl...more
Fun. Totally want to check out more by the same artist.
Bianca
The quirky comebacks from the feisty female characters in these retellings will leave you laughing. An angry mother-in-law to an unconvinced princess the author has deftly woven some cherished childhood stories into painful, yet funny, reflections of adulthood. Not for children, but highly recommended for college age and over.
Erica - Bonner Springs Library
A graphic novel of familiar fairy tales ripe with cynicism, sarcasm and humor perfect for teens. Each fairy tale stars one of the Angry Little Girls and stays true to the original story but doesn't have the fluff that so many fairy tale books can have.
Erica
Nia Nymue
Not appropriate for actually angry little girls. Alright for teens and older.
Megan Nelson
Cute, angry version of classic fairy tales.
Amanda
The previous books in the series were better :/
Katrina Tan
Apparently she sounds like me...
Susan
Pretty funny.
Andrea Mcculloh
Andrea Mcculloh marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Lillian
Lillian marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Breanna Gooding
Breanna Gooding marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Angelc
Angelc marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Intisar Khanani
Intisar Khanani marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Angry Little Girls Still Angry Little Girls Angry Little Girls in Love Angry Little Girls: A Little Book on Love Angry Little Girls: A Little Kit for Friends