Start by marking “Curious George's First Day of School” as Want to Read:
Curious George's First Day of School

Curious George's First Day of School (Curious George New Adventures)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  508 ratings  ·  37 reviews
"This edition was published by agreement with Houghton Mifflin"--T.p. verso.
Published January 1st 2008 by Spotlight (MN) (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George's First Day of School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George's First Day of School

Anne-thomas Donnelly
Curious George's Fist Day of School by Margret Rey is a story of George, a monkey, and his first day at school being a helper. George was more than excited to be going to school! He could not wait. George helped the students with their math, reading, and recess. But when art time came around that is when the trouble began. George was curious, as usual, to see what would happen when the paint colors were mixed together. Although he didn't mean to, George ended up making a big mess! But in the end ...more
Taylor Railey
I loved this book and it would be great to read on the first day of school before talking about classroom rules and having helpers around the classroom.
This book would be fitting for a kindergarten or first grade classroom because students that age still enjoy Curious George and more still watch his show.
This book is about Curious George the monkey being helper in a classroom. The students love him because of how much he helps out with everything. In the middle of the day things get out of han
Jessica Breighner
It’s the first day of school and George has been invited to Mr. Apple’s class to be a special helper! George is just the right monkey for the job—that is, until he starts to make his usual mischief. A mixture of red and yellow paint makes orange . . . a mixture of yellow and blue makes green. . . . and a mixture of all the paint colors makes a big mess! After a speedy adventure up and down the halls of the school, George and Mr. Apple clean up the classroom—with a little help from George’s new f ...more
Kim T.
I loved Curious George's First Day of School! What's not to love about this cute, little guy who just wants to learn, understand, and do his best to help out? In this book, George helps alright. He helps the teacher, the kids in his classroom, the janitor, the principal and even himself in typical Curious George style. This book is funny, charming, and educational. That's the treat with George - there is always something to be learned. :-)

I secured this title from my local library.
Jade Detzer
This book showcases a prime lesson throughout. Even though George made a big mess, he did his best to help clean it up and his friends and classmates all pitched in to help him out as well. This book would be a good one to read on the first day of school to a younger grade level to show them that lending a helping hand gets things done efficiently.
Alison Smith
This is a wonderful book. It tells the story of George's first day of school. I think it would help young children get excited for school and feel comfortable going. At one point during the story, all the paint spills, but George helps clean it up. This shows children that they may make mistakes but that it is okay.
This book would be great for students PreK-3rd grade.
J. Jefferson
What a cute book about school, school workers, and being helpful. This is a great beginning of the school year read to share with youngsters.
Savannah
George makes new colors in school but makes a mess so he tries to clean it up. It was perfect timing when we came across this story in Curious George Stories to Share because my 5 year old D just brought home an artist pallet with all six colors. Red, yellow, and blue. He explained that he mixed the three to get orange, green and purple.
Casey Anderson
I think that the Curious George books are terrific books for young children! I particularly liked this one where he went to school and was a helper. It shows children the importance of being a helper at times, and how to help someone else when they need it.

Activity extension: Give each child several different cups of different colors of paint including red, blue, yellow, black, white and any other you would want to add. Also give children plastic spoons to mix with and several empty bowls. Instr
Jasmine George
Curious George is known for being a popular book and after this series i still feel it will always be a popular book. This book is great to read for a child's first day of school. It also has many lessons that children can learn from.

Learning Experiance:

In this book there was an incident where George only had had three colors (red, blue and yellow)but George wanted to make more colors. I can teach the kids how to mix colors by providing those three colors in paint and have them do an experiment
Samantha
Get ready! Its the first day of school, and George was invited! George was invited by a teacher to help in the first day of school. He does a great job until, he gets curious about the paint colors. After he makes a huge mess, he gets in trouble by the teacher, janitor, and principal. All his new school friends felt bad for George and helped him clean up the mess. Everyone is no longer upset with him and he is invited back to school again. This book is great to read for the first day of school a ...more
Melissa
Rachel Dalton
This is another great Curious George book! Kids love to see and predict what kind of mischief he gets himself into.
Sgivens
A cute story about George's first day of school. He is a great helper for the students all day but there was a time when his help just caused disaster. There is a great lesson taught with this story, if you help others they will help you in return.
Anna
Part of the Kohls' Cares program.

Classic George tale. He starts school, makes a big mess in the classroom, makes a bigger mess trying to help out, but eventually makes things right.

Brought to the boys December 2013.
Kelsey Scherer
My new favorite book! This book was given to me as a gift and it is perfect for the first day of school! It is the story of how curious George has been invited into a classroom, to help throughout the school year. He is so excited to be there and help out that he doesn't realize all of the mistakes and messes he has created. In the end, all of the students love him, and he is invited back for more!
Myriam B.
I like this book because when a child is really trying to do something good, but they sometimes make a mess. I could understand Curious George was really trying to help and I like how they all help him out.

LE: I will ask the children to practice helping others doing clean up time. I will ask them go to one of their classmate and ask to help fix the blocks or the dramatic center.

Mark balson
This was a book that I read to my grandson when he was five and started asking about going to school. We read the book a couple of times byt this was not one of his favorites. He just wanted some assurances that no monkeys would be at his school. Once we did that he was good.
Margaret
Finally a George Kindle book without double text! This is a cute little Curious George book about the first day of school where George gets to visit and be a helper for the day. Pretty good for building thoughts and sequence what happens next conversations.
Ebono1
children can relate to this by moving into a new classroom and starting school for the first time. helps children to cope and understand that new places don't always have to be scary but fun :)
Teri
Oh, that cute little Curious George. Trying to help, but making a bigger mess. I think I can relate;) Another cute story with colorful, fun illustrations.
Dianna
My four-year-old son loved this one. George goes to help out the first day of school and makes a big mess (of course!). Then everyone helps clean up.
Tylerwizenberg
THIS WAS DA BERST BUUK EVAR IT LEARNED ME ALOT OF INFAMATION AND NOW I AM SMART!! it WAS AN EDGE-OF-YOUR SEAT ADVENTURE I RCCOMEND IT FOR ALL AGES!
Megan Sutherland
A classic Curious George book that shows children how to work together. A good book for children to read to learn how to predict.
Sheila
Great book to read on the first day of school. It even reviews topics such as blending colors of paint to make new colors!
Larry Carter
This book is great for the first day of school. It is also great for teaching mixxing colors or physical or chemical changes.
Kelly
Everything a George book should be! My kids love these but I think it gives them ideas . . . trouble!
Emily
Using all these "school" books to introduce school to ECE kiddos. They are going to love these characters!
Yarb
Not bad, but lacks the madcap panache of, for example, "Curious George Gets a Medal".
Theresa
a cute story about a naughty monkey. written by the original authors wife and son
GOOD BOOOK 2 2 Sep 05, 2007 02:14PM
  • Maisy Goes to Preschool: A Maisy First Experiences Book
  • I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
  • Pirates Go to School
  • It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
  • How Do Dinosaurs Go to School?
  • Froggy Goes to School
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • The Best Teacher Ever
  • Wodney Wat's Wobot
  • Pete the Cat: The Wheels on the Bus
  • The Christmas Story
  • Fancy Nancy and the Too-Loose Tooth
  • The Mine-O-Saur
  • Nugget and Fang: Friends Forever--or Snack Time?
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...
The Complete Adventures of Curious George Curious George Goes to the Hospital Curious George Visits the Library Curious George Visits the Zoo Curious George Flies a Kite