Start by marking “Wicked Craving” as Want to Read:
Wicked Craving

Wicked Craving (A Savannah Reid Mystery #15)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  572 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Savannah Reid may have a few extra curves on her full-figured body, but that hasn't stopped her from becoming one of California's most successful private investigators. Her latest case puts her hot on the trail of a shady weight loss therapist who's made a killing treating--and cheating--his overweight patients. The question is, did he kill his wife, too? Pound for pound, ...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Craving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Craving

I committed a dreaded reading sin when I started this book. I have never read any of the other books in the series - *gasp*!

Luckily, it wasn't hard to figure out what was going on. Savannah is a detective who solves crimes. (Duh!) It was an easy book to read with witty dialogue and memorable characters. Savannah was fun and feisty -- Dirk was quite appealing as well. I was surprised by 'whodunit' at the end -- always a sign of a good mystery.

Also, Savannah is a plump heroine, which was always s
Barbara
This is a fun cozy series that hasn't dissolved into ridiculousness. I guess it helps that the heroine, Savannah Reid, is an ex-cop and now a private investigator. Therefore, she is a professional and not some overconfident amateur. She has experience and a reason to be involved in the murder investigations.

She is supported and often pulled into investigations by her ex-partner, Sgt. Dirk Coulter, still on the San Carmelita, CA police force. She also has an extended family that are part of her
Amanda
Savannah Reid Rocks!
She is everything I want to be when I am all grown up.

I am so glad that Granny Reid has the time and energy to visit Savannah so often, Granny is such a great character.

I know that it may be unlikely but I hope that Gus decides to give Savannah a reward for solving his ex-wife's murder and ensuring that justice prevailed.

I hope that Lydia manages to break the cycle of violence in her life, and that she manages to stay in touch with Savannah (even if it is only a card at Chris
Denise McDonald
This was my first book to read in the series--and I doubt I will read another. It was okay, and a quick read, but it felt like popping in in the middle of the series didn't give me enough background between the characters and there are a lot of characters who must repeat in these books. There was *some* sexual tension between Savannah and Dirk, but I wasn't even sure if it was from a past history of actual intimacy or a couple still sniffing around each other that can't quit or commit.

I did enjo
Sharon
Fun as Savannah and her "friend" Detective Dirk Coulter, solve the mysterious death of the charlatan weight loss doctor's wife. Love the characters, all savvy and smart, quick witted and witty, or appropriately sinister. And the sad and sorry twist at the end made this a good read.
Kat
Susan
Quick reading loved the detective romance part of this book easy reading material
Kk
Found book rather boring. It is about Samantha and Dirk who investigate a murder of the wife of a wealthy doctor who sells cd's with music to help people lose weight. The story and plot take some interesting turns. However, nothing in the story ever captures or holds the readers interest. Author tries to keep the reader guessing as to whether there is any romance or love interest between Samantha and Dirk. There is alot of discussions around eating food and with there interesting family and frie ...more
Susan
This is another good book in an enjoyable series.
Kori
[Savannah Reid Mysteries #15:]
This was my first encounter with Savannah Reid and the Moonlight Magnolia Detective Agency. I found it to be folksy and charming, with just enough humor to keep me interested in the not-so-riveting mystery. I don’t like a lot of recipes breaking up the plot of a book, so I was happy to discover this mystery had none. I was left wondering two things: 1) Are Savannah and Dirk a couple or what? 2) How many mystery authors are going to feature wacky grandmothers? Why no
Jean
Continue to enjoy the series
judy
You can't not love Savannah Reid. She's a curvy Size 14 and eats without guilt. As for her Moonlight Magnolia detective agency, this wasn't one of their better cases. I think we should be worried about the author--not because of the book--but because there were absolutely no recipes for wonderful high-calorie Southern dishes given. Should we take this as a sign of depression? I may have to make that incredible fudge recipe she has on her website to keep my spirits up. I hope she gets back in the ...more
~jessie~
Another fun read from Ms McKevett- If you love chicken n dumplins you will love the Savannah Reid series. Pick up anyone of them where you can find them (you won't need to go in order each book helps you get acquainted with the characters), but don't hold your breath that they will be on the shelves at any discount bookstore (no body wants to part with their beloved southern comfort mysteries!) A great read for a rose scented bubble bath or curled up in your favorite chair with some black forres ...more
kathy
Good book. Cozy mystery. Main characters are enjoyable & just fun to see what is happening next in their lives!
Melodie
I always love this series and this another good story, but there was just something wrong with it. It's almost like the book was written by someone else. It just didn't seem to have the same "voice" as other books in the series. Maybe it's just me, but it was just off. Also, I was extremely irritated with the word "yep" or "yup", depending on the part of the country you're from, being spelled "yeap". I have NEVER seen it spelled like that before and it was distracting!
Marcia
I love this series! Usually, the stories are light and generously sprinkled with long dinners and delicious desserts. I gain weight just reading them. This one, however, deals with more than just murders. Emotional and physical abuse occur with two victims. Dirk & Savannah make short work of both abusers. At then end, Dirk's clandestine actions are explained with hints of possible romance with Savannah in the future.
Kme_17
I forgot how much fun this series is to read. It is about a curvy ex cop turned P.I Savannah Reid. She has a rag tag group that help her solve crimes including Detective Dirk Coulter her flirting partner. In this one they look into a sham doctor that specialized in weight loss. Just a great read and so much fun!! I love Savannah kick butt personality. I also like all the supporting characters. Great series.
Judy
This is the first book that I have read by this author. It was a fun read and I didn't guess "whodunnit" until the very end of the book. The characters were likeable the story was well-developed. Some of the issues that the side characters had to deal with were troubling, but unfortunately all too real in today's society. But some good thoughts and alternatives were mentioned.
Clare
Maybe it's because I didn't start at the beginning, but I just couldn't get into this series.

I found the Southern dialect and colloquialisms annoying and cliche and didn't really like the misanthropic cop and the bitchy private detective.

Maybe after my kids dump me in a nursing home and I hate everybody,maybe then I'll give this series another try.
Robin
I finished this book, should have read in sequence since there was some action that happened in a prior book that I wasn't aware or informed about. Most of the same cast of characters in this book. Most of the Reid contingent were in this one. I love books that show interactions between a whole mess of people. This one did not disapoint me.
Dorothy Timm
I like the series about Savannah Reid at al, and this was no exception. But this wasn't my favorite book of the series. It had a little less of her eccentric grandmother in it. Also, for the first time I actually guessed "who dun nit" so maybe that means the story was a little more predictable. Enjoyable, though.
Philip
Savannah reid is a wonderful character, one anyone would love to be friends with, and even more, to be invited to her house for Southern cuisine. All of the characters in the books are wonderfully written and people that you feel as if you've known for life. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Donna in Southern Maryland
I love the Savannah Reid series, even though it is far fetched to think a police department would allow a former police officer 'Savannah,' to accompany a police detective, 'Dirk,' on a murder investigation. In this one, they seem to be moving more towards a loving relationship..........or not?
Shai Unfiltered
Not my favorite of the Savannah Reid series. I was disappointed in the mystery building, I've come to expect a better mystery. I also don't like this slow moving train wreck that is happening between Dirk and Savannah. Either move it along or stop with the teasing.
Christine
Finally things are heating up between Savannah and Dirk- it has only taken 15 books to get there! I enjoy reading about them working cases together- two head are better than one. I just adore Ryan and John, Granny and Tammy- they make up a great group.
Barb
Good book - light reading - seems like the author is working up a romance between Savannah and Dirk and I'm not feeling the connection - maybe the next book in the series will help with this.
Kristin
This was cute. I really like the relationship between Savannah and Dirk. It reminds me of a 50's tv show though. They love each other but neither one will admit to it. No kissing, no sex, etc.
Stephanie
I went outside of the genre I typically read and took this book on. It was a fun read and something different for me. I can see how this has become a popular series.
E
I'm going to have to put this aside until we get back. It's a library book and I didn't finish it before our Kauai trip, and I'm only taking my kindle.
Enjoyed it.
Karen B
I enjoyed the feisty character of Savannah and the book had it's clever and funny moments. I would certainly read another of these lighthearted mysteries.
  • Laughed 'Til He Died (Death on Demand, #20)
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • The Chocolate Cupid Killings (A Chocoholic Mystery, #9)
  • Thugs and Kisses (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #3)
  • Southern Ghost (Death on Demand, #8)
  • Wicked Witch Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #16)
  • As the World Churns (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #16)
  • Eggsecutive Orders (A White House Chef Mystery, #3)
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • Dusted To Death (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #8)
  • Tressed to Kill
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci
More about G.A. McKevett...

A Savannah Reid Mystery (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1)
  • Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)
  • Cooked Goose (Savannah Reid, #4)
  • Sugar and Spite (Savannah Reid, #5)
  • Sour Grapes (Savannah Reid, #6)
  • Peaches and Screams (Savannah Reid, #7)
  • Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8)
  • Cereal Killer (Savannah Reid, #9)
  • Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)
Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1) Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8) Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2) Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10) Buried in Buttercream (Savannah Reid Mystery, #17)