Start by marking “Three Nights of Sin” as Want to Read:
Three Nights of Sin

Three Nights of Sin

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,723 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
Three nights of danger . . .

When her brother was arrested for murder, the ton shut its doors to Marietta Winters. No one would help her save him from the gallows—no one but Gabriel Noble. In exchange for taking the case, Gabriel requests three favors from the desperate young beauty, and Marietta has no other choice but to make a deal with the sinfully handsome devil.

Three
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Three Nights of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Nights of Sin

Catherine
Katyana
Sandy Williams
I was worried this book would be too, um... scandalous for me. The cover, the title, and the back cover blurb made it sound like the heroine was selling her body in order to 'pay' for the hero to clear her brother's name of murder. If that had been the actual plot, it so wouldn't have worked for me. I would have thought the hero was an ass and the heroine a whore. Fortunately, I read a number of reviews saying this was a really good read and decided to give it a shot.

This ended up being exactly
Julia
When I picked up Anne Mallory's Three Nights of Sin and read the back, I wasn't all too intrigued. I was pointed in it's direction from a reliable source though and read it anyway. I have to say that the synopsis and title are not really where the story goes. I still don't get where the 'three nights of sin' came in (because they didn't). I think a better summary would been as follows:

After her brother is thrown into jail, Marietta Winters has no one left to turn for help to but mysterious Gabri
Bettie
Jun 09, 2011 Bettie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i found a new author i really like, Anne Mallory is one of those authors that really knows how to give us one of those dark intense hero with a mysterious past and a twisted sense of attitude and a haunted past.
u think when he said she owes him 3 promise u think ok...is he expecting that from her, but as the story moves along u c that he is a decent fellow and that 3 promise could be anything even though he teases her and torments her in his way. but talk about sexual tension from start til end.
Bella Andre
Jun 07, 2013 Bella Andre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In order to save her brother from the gallows, a desperate Marietta Winters must promise Gabriel Noble three sexy, sinful favors. Mallory's writing is always beautiful, and the romance, the mystery and the sensuality of this story absolutely blew my mind.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
WOW!!! This book was amazing! I was very surprised by the revealing of the villian. I had no idea who it was. The deception, intrigue, & strength within these characters kept me captivated from beginning to end. Of course I love Gabriel! What woman worth her salt wouldn't?! He is the perfect blend of all the great qualities we want in our men. But he has his faults, quite a few.. But that is what makes him the perfect contradiction. I loved Marietta. Her loyalty to her brothers and those she ...more
Dec 08, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I wasn't sure of the opening chapters, but this wound up being a fantastic read. A lot of depth packed into the mystery, the past, and the deepening relationship. Loved it.
Diana
Hmmmm. Good read. I really liked the book. The hero (he's a hardened man with a tortured secret/past, charming as hell, he cooks! and he can dance! and he's with respect and ambition and a driving force that's allowed him to survive) and heroine (she's loyal and headstrong, brave and capable; was willing to fight for the people she loved, willing to sacrifice without being weak) were both very intriguing, stubborn, and interesting and their love for their siblings -- admirable and piercing ... a ...more
Kit
Dec 26, 2009 Kit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 It took me awhile to get into the plot. Noble is a facinating character even though the "sordid secret" of his past that related to the plot was one that usually feels slightly forced and contrived. But, perhaps because of that secret, his lead in the love sceenes was mesmorizing as he tutored her through her "ravishment" and Once I got to that point, I admittingly couldn't put it down.
Jess
Oct 03, 2011 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Best Historical Romance I have read in soooo long. Very dark in spots, and I loved it. Sensual, could not put it down, read it straight through.
Laura V.
Pensé en darle cuatro, pero me puso de mal humor así que ahí te va.
Iba bien, juro que iba bien, pero llegó un momento en el que el reader tembló en mis manos por las ganas que tenía de arrojarlo contra la pared.

No me gusta Marietta, aunque entiendo sus principales recelos, no creo que eso lo explique todo, peeeero tiene un punto.
Gabriel, es difícil. Me parece sorprendente la forma en que hizo su camino, la forma en que logró todo lo que tiene ahora. Es admirable su capacidad de resiliencia.
Cuan
If you think to read this book for the synopsis then you should be ready to be mislead. It sounds so scandalous, the heroine selling body in exchange for help to prove that her brother is innocent. The truth of what happens is quite possibly more scandalous than you would think but for completely different reasons. First, our heroine promises three favors to our would be tainted hero. The thought that those three favors would be spent in exchange for something sexual is alluded to on more than o ...more
Jessica
Mar 14, 2013 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely a 4.5 rating and I am so overcome to finally have met a true book once again.

I've read Anne Mallory before but picked this one up not realizing she was an author I had previous experience with. It was a lovely reminder.

This Mallory masterpiece was absolutely, overwhelmingly compelling. I could not put it down, to the point that it caused me physical discomfort to not be reading it.

Marietta has a big problem. Her younger brother was framed for a murder and with the Winters' hou
Catherine
Three Nights of Sin may have been my first foray into historical romance novels written by Anne Mallory, but after only a few pages I knew it wouldn't be my last!

Though the novel's premise wasn't particularly original (self-sacrificing girl in dire straits throws herself at the mercy of a powerful man for the greater good of her family), I found that the plot was just dark and twisty enough to keep things interesting. I appreciated that Mallory wasn't afraid to bend the norms and explore the se
Christy

Definitely not your average historical romance. This book deals with a far grittier reality than that of ton balls and vouchers to Almacks. The protagonists are barely part of society (him) or clinging to the fringe of society (her). The book opens with Marietta going to Gabriel in desperation to ask his help in proving her 18 year old brother innocent of a series of Jack the Ripper-like murders. Their relationship develops as she collaborates with him to search for evidence that could
Junipaurora
Oct 08, 2012 Junipaurora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who is looking for more than a love story
Recommended to Junipaurora by: Ashley March (http://tinyurl.com/3elfxl9)
Visit here to read this review with spoilers.

I have to reread this one! This is a wonderfully written book with an interesting characters and unpredictable plot. My only complaint at the end was how late I realized these qualities. I failed to see the appeal of the book at first but halfway through things took a different turn. The book completely took me by surprise, left me quite pleased and a little bit baffled about my stupidity in not recognizing the gem standing in front of my eyes the who
Dangermousie
Marietta Winters is on the bare edges of society but even this ends when her younger brother gets arrested as the Middlesex murderer, a maniac who has been gruesomely killing women. Determined to prove he didn't do it, she goes to Gabriel Noble, the best investigator in London, who charges either 10,000 pounds for his services or three favors to be named (if the client can't pay and he finds the case interesting. No, the favors do not involve sex in any form). Marietta is penniless so she agrees ...more
Keri
The saying goes that the eyes are the window to one's soul. So when Miranda gazes into the emerald green gaze of Gabriel, she sees a man who can quite possible make all her dreams come true or quite possibly her nightmares.

Miranda has come to Gabriel for help, as her brother has been accused of murder. Since the powers that be feel like they have the Middlesex murderer they are not inclined to look any further.

Gabriel agrees to help Miranda, but in return she had to agree to give three favors
Sofia Lazaridou
The title had no connection with the plotThree nights of sin never happened.I thought that I would read about three nights where Gabriel and Marrieta would do something that would forced them to marriage if they were caught(they did but that's not counting).

Marrietas brother is accused to be the murderer of 3 women.Marrieta hires Gabriel to help her prove that her brother is innosent but she doesn't have the 10.000 pounds so she will own him 3 favors

Gabriel helps Marrieta in more than one way.He

Tracy T
Aug 02, 2014 Tracy T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story. It was full of romance and mystery. Both the hero, Noble, and the Heroine, Marietta, were very strong characters, not sniveling, wimpy or whiny. Great chemistry between the two. Has Hot and steamy sex, which is always a plus too. Lots and lots of dialogue. I love dialogue in books rather than just reading/listening to the "thoughts/feelings". The writing was excellent. The narrator made the characters seem a bit short and brash in their dialogue. I had to imagine it as if ...more
Letitia
Sep 12, 2011 Letitia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wavered back and forth between 4 and 5 stars...

I really enjoyed the H/h. Their personalities and quirks and their journey throughout the book. I also really enjoyed the murder mystery and the way in which it was solved. I thought the romance development was great and the intimate scenes were fantastic (in particular, a scene involving a kitchen table). But there is just something that held it back from being truly 5 stars. Maybe my emotions just weren't engaged in the story enough...

But it w
Iraida
Dec 28, 2015 Iraida rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Me declaro fan de Anne Mallory.
D.B.
Dec 28, 2015 D.B. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was enchanted from the get-go. This isn't your garden variety rake-of-the-ton meets ingenue. Gabriel Noble is rich, to be sure, but his humble beginnings bar him from association with the upper crust, even with the likes of shunned and shamed family Winters. Well, except in the extreme circumstances that bring a desperate Marietta Winters to his doorstep in the middle of a cold London night.

Mr. Noble has a very useful skill set, you see. Think Sherlock Holmes meets The Godfather. He has an in
Candy
May 29, 2012 Candy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was completely not what I was expecting. Based on the title, and the "bodice ripper" front cover I nearly didn't read it, but the reviews were really good, so I gave it a shot. I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised. This book was way more murder mystery than romance novel, though there were a few somewhat steamy scenes. The title is a bit misleading, though, as the three nights of sin, though alluded to, never come in to play. Maybe it was a gimmick to get more readers...
[Aengell]
Sep 29, 2013 [Aengell] rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!
Successful Buddy Read with Grace!

Great, three-dimensional characters with depth, super-steamy chemistry between the H/h. Alpha-hero, version: tortured. Strong, willfull heroine à la hidden beauty with questionable reputation to her family. Well written suspense/crime plot, overshadowing the romance sometimes but still captivating and without too much drama/angst and unrealistic development.
Dianna
When Marietta’s no good idiot brother is imprisoned for murder, Marietta turns to Gabriel for help in clearing his name. Gabriel does non-specific jobs that are non-specifically helpful. He charges ten thousand pounds or three favours.

He also won’t take jobs for anyone who is guilty. He’s maybe an early Sherlock Holmes, kind of? Not a lot of this book made sense to me. I couldn’t work how anyone would be getting their money’s worth out of Gabriel if they paid him ten grand, without getting him
Addicted2Luv
This book just didn't do it for me. I tried, but after the first half I was only skimming it. The characters didn't pull me in and make me really care about what happened to them.
Shambhawi P.
Nov 29, 2013 Shambhawi P. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite 4 Stars but definitely better than 3 Stars.

Let's just pretend that GoodReads lets us rate books as half stars and that this is a 3.5 Stars.

Amen.
Emily
Jan 20, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, I think it's a great read. The romance was great, the characters actually built up feelings for each other instead of falling in love immediately. I loved the mystery, I never guessed who the murderer was, personally I think the author could have given a few more hints here and there.
I loved the verbal sparring between Mariette and Gabriel. I was looking forward to reading about at least 1 of the favors Gabriel would get from Mariette, so the ending was a little disap
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 14, 2015 02:04PM
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • One Good Reason
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)
  • Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • The Dangerous Lord (Lord Trilogy, #3)
  • Bound by Your Touch
  • Capelli's Captive Virgin
  • Seduced at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • Reforming a Rake (With This Ring, #1)
  • Claiming the Courtesan
  • Seducing Mr. Knightly (The Writing Girls, #4)
  • Confessions of a Little Black Gown (Bachelor Chronicles, #4)
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3)
  • The Marriage Bed (Guilty, #3)
Some people have always known they wanted to write. Others fall into it and discover its inherent joy. I’m somewhere in between. As an avid reader, writing a novel had always tickled the back of my mind. There seem to be a lot of people who say, “Someday I’ll write a book.” For me, the feeling tickled, moved into an incessant knocking and finally became a dull roar. All I needed was to make that “ ...more
More about Anne Mallory...

“She waited until Jeremy's footsteps receded. "I didn't know you had a brother."
"Now you do." He continued writing.
"Do you have any other siblings?"
"No."
"Parents?"
"I didn't crawl out of Hell, if that's what you are asking.”
12 likes
“He had little respect for anyone who was not willing to put in the effort required to survive and thrive. Not everyone needed the same driving ambition that had fueled him. That had led him to being possibly the richest man in London without a title in his lineage -- all earned in under a decade. That had given him the power to change lives. But a person needed to have the drive to change his own life.” 5 likes