Start by marking “Ride Your Way Lean: The Ultimate Plan for Burning Fat and Getting Fit on a Bike” as Want to Read:
Ride Your Way Lean: The Ultimate Plan for Burning Fat and Getting Fit on a Bike

Ride Your Way Lean: The Ultimate Plan for Burning Fat and Getting Fit on a Bike

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  20 reviews

Bicycling’s resident Fit Chick delivers a weight-loss plan designed to help readers lose 30, 50, or even 100 pounds by riding a bike and eating sensibly

Forget gym memberships and running shoes. The best way to lose weight is on a bike. In Ride Your Way Lean, Bicycling magazine columnist Selene Yeager provides readers with a comprehensive cycling plan that allows them to sh

Published August 17th 2010 by Rodale Press, Inc. (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ride Your Way Lean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride Your Way Lean

Pat Loughery
Ride Your Way Lean advocates cycling as an exercise and lifestyle choice to lean up. It begins with very basic information: why cycling, how to buy a bike, equipment - and my fear was that it would be too simplistic for my needs. It gets a bit more helpful though, with good discussions of basic nutrition, eating plans, ride plans, indoor trainer exercises, off-bike exercises and other goodies.

I would recommend this book to somebody who's considering or just getting into cycling. For more seasone
Julie
Great book if you are starting out as a cyclist or want to lose a lot of weight. Not so great if you already cycle a lot.
S.
Informative, motivating!
Gregory Boyce
This book had all the answers to my question, because I want to lose more weight and buy a bicycle for next season. The book went into strength training, nutrition, indoor training for the winter months, buying cloths, bicycle and component selection for the heavy weights like me.
Mark
Jun 13, 2012 Mark rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sharon Wolff
Simple examples, motivational stories and good advice make this a great companion for losing weight on a bike. Not a diet plan, but good information for making better food choices. Cycling can burn calories fast. Improve your results with the tips and information from this book.
Linda
Can't give it a 5 just yet, I need to see how pratical the schedules are to my real life. It was a very quick read, can't wait to get out and try the interval plans. Nice to know I am doing some things right, but just need to tweak.
Matthew
Not a bad book. It was encouraging all the way through, but I felt it lacked in the training section. The workout plans could use a little better explanation. I think I can figure them out though.
Kathy
Good information, good sense and no gimmicks.
Ride your way lean with and hour a day of exercise and eating right.
Does have some nice training plans and ideas for indoor trainer rides.
Monica
really enjoying this book...lots of great tips & suggestions...a must-read for anyone interested in the cycling...reading more of it while on vacation
Robin
This is a great book because it has something for everyone at all levels of cycling proficiency. Now if I could just follow her advice and get back on my bike!
Jess
decent read, informative...but not what I was looking for. I like biking for exercise but not dressing it with a lot of gear.
Spook Harrison
Didn't expect to like this book as much as I did. I loved the plans and the science, as well as the testimonials!
Lisa
Common sense tips, but I may consider buying this book as a reminder of what to do in the off-season.
Varinka Franco williams
Simple and great information for beginners and cyclist that struggle with lowering body fat.
Jen Haddad
I will be referring back to this book often. Full of excellent information!
Georgia
I would like to won this book. Good reference materials.
Lynne Plessinger uutinen
Very informative for a beginner, like myself
Penni Higgens
Very good for new riders...get tips
Gary Morris
Very helpful and good advice
Glenn Liguori
Apr 03, 2012 Glenn Liguori marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fitness
X
Wayne
Wayne is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2015
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Jenni Vincent
Jenni Vincent marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Polina
Polina marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking: 80 Low-Carb Recipes that Offer Solutions for Celiac Disease, Diabetes, and Weight Loss
  • Why?: Powerful Answers and Practical Reasons for Living LDS Standards
  • Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way
  • If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight?: Tools to Get It Done
  • The Time-Crunched Cyclist: Fit, Fast, and Powerful in 6 Hours a Week
  • Bike Tribes: A Field Guide to North American Cyclists
  • The Lean: A Revolutionary (and Simple!) 30-Day Plan for Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss
  • The Canterbury Trail
  • Adult Children Secrets of Dysfunctional Families: The Secrets of Dysfunctional Families
  • What the Yuck?: The Freaky and Fabulous Truth About Your Body
  • Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul: Stories to Inspire, Support and Heal (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
  • The Think Big Manifesto: Think You Can't Change Your Life (and the World?) Think Again.
  • A Voice in the Box
  • Mastering Mountain Bike Skills
  • The Cyclist's Training Bible
  • It's All About the Bike: The Pursuit of Happiness on Two Wheels
  • Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to Raw Vegan Diets
  • Wedding of the Waters: The Erie Canal and the Making of a Great Nation
Every Woman's Guide to Cycling: Everything You Need to Know, From Buying Your First Bike toWinning Your First Ra ce The Women's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts: A Leaner, Sexier, Healthier You--In 15 Minutes a Day! The Men's Health Big Book of 15-Minute Workouts: A Leaner, Stronger Body--in 15 Minutes a Day! The Doctors Book of Food Remedies: The Latest Findings on the Power of Food to Treat and Prevent Health Problems - From Aging and Diabetes to Ulcers and Yeast Infections Get Fast!: A Complete Guide to Gaining Speed Wherever You Ride