Start by marking “Tourist Trap (Edgar & Ellen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tourist Trap (Edgar & Ellen, #2)

Tourist Trap (Edgar & Ellen #2)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  532 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Where tourists are the toast of the town. The Nod's Limbs Junkyardalso known as the Gadget Graveyard is where Edgar and Ellen scavenge essential parts for their nefarious plots. So when Mayor Knightleigh announces plans to build a luxury hotel on the site, the twins spring into action. The mayor has invited a group of celebrities to Nod's Limbs for the first annual French ...more
Published (first published January 5th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Tourist Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tourist Trap

Asriani
Dec 22, 2008 Asriani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tak banyak yang mengetahui sejarah Nod’s Limbs, kota kecil tempat Edgar dan Ellen tinggal. Bertahun – tahun berlalu ketika seorang lelaki bernama Nod untuk pertama kalinya membangun sebuah pabrik lilin. Puluhan orang berdatangan untuk bekerja di pabrik miliknya. Entah berapa lama yang dibutuhkan sehingga pabrik milik Nod menjadi penyedia lilin tervesar di wilayah tersebut. berita kesuksesannya mendatangkan lebih banyak pendatang. Satu demi satu pekerja memilih tinggal dibanding bolak balik ke da ...more
Kimberly Ann

Where tourists are the toast of the town . The Nod's Limbs Junkyard -- also known as the Gadget Graveyard -- is where Edgar and Ellen scavenge essential parts for their nefarious plots. So when Mayor Knightleigh announces plans to build a luxury hotel on the site, the twins spring into action. The mayor has invited a group of celebrities to Nod's Limbs for the first annual French Toast Festival, but the twins are concocting a scheme to send potential tourists screaming in the opposite direction.
Vivian
Dec 06, 2013 Vivian rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s
Edgar and Ellen (names inspired by Edgar Allen Poe, of course!)are abandoned brats who live in a dump and have a pet carnivorous plant. So far so fair. Ellen shows her inside ilk in the first chapter by drumming up a huge sneeze that plasters frosting all over the party guests of her arch rival, the doted-upon snobbish daughter of the self-agrandized mayor. The plot thickens with the mayor's plan to level the dump and turn the town into a tourist trap. Edgar and Ellen swing into action to save t ...more
Owlboyle
Interesting story. The mayor thinks he should be the most important person in town and wants to make it in his image. So he makes plans to rid the town of Edgar & Ellen's home, and the garbage dump. So the twins make plans to thwart that endeavor. In this instance they succeed. Can't wait to read the next installment.
Avory
May 20, 2014 Avory rated it really liked it
gggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJjjjjKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Poetry
Feb 09, 2008 Poetry rated it it was amazing
Gila...si edgar ama si Ellen...ada aja ide n tingkah gilanya yg ga kan mungkin aku berani ngelakuinnya.
Mungkin gini ya...tingkah anak yg kehilangan sosok orang tua..
Jago skali ngerjain orang..bikin orang repot..Mreka senang x klo udah ada kehebohan...
Yg paling mantap tu waktu si Ellen jadi pemandu wisata di kota Nod's Limb, di dampingi adiknya, Edgar sebagai asisten...Dengan bodohnya turis2 penting tu semua ketipu n kemakan cerita2 khayalan tingkat tinggi karangan mereka berdua.Niat x nipu turis
Dyah
This time, the twins' mischief serves a more noble purpose; they want to save the junkyard from being demolished by the governor. It's actually more fun than the first book, and I feel a bit sorry for Edgar and Ellen.
Patricia Kaniasty
Feb 19, 2016 Patricia Kaniasty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. Not as good as the first one but still cute. I love Edger and Ellen. They are fun and naughty characters. Always up to no good.
Billie Alfrey
Mar 06, 2014 Billie Alfrey rated it it was amazing
If I have kids I'm gonna read this to them. I imagine they'd grow up to be mini goth kids.
Carterkempgmail.Com
Mildy amusing black humor.
LuxForLife
Feb 10, 2016 LuxForLife rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hillarious classic lol
Christopher Obert
Mar 27, 2010 Christopher Obert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
Edgar & Ellen are at it again. When they find out that the junk yard is going to be dismantled to make way for a new fancy hotel, the twins realize that they have to stop this atrocity. After all with the removal of the junk yard, where will the twins get all of the materials to create all of their devious plots? The twisted twins create new schemes to foil the plans of the mayor and derail his festivities and keep the junk yard safe forever!
Keera
May 03, 2012 Keera rated it liked it
This was so much more amusing and entertaining than the first book, Rare Beasts. Their scheme was much broader and more understandable this time around and their victims were much more deserving of the twin's tormenting. (view spoiler)
Victoria Whipple
Jun 19, 2009 Victoria Whipple rated it liked it
Shelves: tcp
If you like your stories a little bizarre, with quirky characters you'll like Edgar & Ellen. They are a couple of parentless kids who live in a creepy old house in a strange little town. In this book, they try to derail the plans of the mayor to turn their town into a premier tourist destination. This is one of a series of books, and it is being turned into a television show by Nickelodeon.
Rosa
Jul 21, 2013 Rosa rated it did not like it
I bought this at a library book sale two years ago because I loved the spooky ooky twins on the cover and thought it would be a smart, funny, maybe a little bit creepy read. I was disappointed to find myself feeling like Edgar and Ellen were just mean. I didn't find the things they did very funny and I just felt kind of disappointed throughout the whole book.
E. Adrian
Jun 07, 2013 E. Adrian rated it liked it
Fun, quick read. Similar to book one, very little character growth. Tricksters getting away with terrorizing a town and it's guests and blaming it on an innocent girl. As an adult, it's a fun read. I wouldn't recommend this to a youth, they might think the behavior demonstrated in the book is clever and try out similar schemes.
Martha
Feb 28, 2011 Martha rated it liked it
This book was really enjoyable. I enjoyed the previous adventures in the previous book but now there was more to revealed and more mischief to be made.
The twins find themselves savenging in the graveyard and end up concocting a plan to make Nod's Limbs tourist free! What a book! :)
Jeffrey
May 12, 2013 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
I read the Audio Version and it was really Fun! The book goes into song in several occasions. The the person reading does an amazing job with the voices. The plot itself if fun, youth appropriate and dark. It's pretty much like hanging out for a day with Wendy and Pugsly Adams.
Jerald
Apr 17, 2009 Jerald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK IS BERRY FUNNY AND COOL AND THERE ALOT OF ACTION AND MESS THAT EDGAR & ELLEN MACK I THINK THAT YOU WILL LIKE THIS BOOK BECAUSE THERE ALOT OF STUFF THAT THEY DO TO OTHER PEOPLE YOU WILL LIKE IT
Nex G.
Apr 19, 2009 Nex G. added it
Another book about the twins how the major invites tourist to a
luch at the musuem but thats really the twins house while their
family is on vacation but they didn't go so it's on.
Kaitlyn
Mar 05, 2010 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Charles Ogden is an amzing author. I love all of his books especially the Edgar And Ellen Collection. I have all of the Edgar and Ellen books and I am planning to read all of them.
Jane
Jul 16, 2007 Jane rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: 5-10's
Mildly humerous. Has a slight tinge of the addams family. About two ghoulish twins, who want to keep their mansion to theirselves, and not let town tyrant, ruin the eerie atmosphere.
★ Jess
Boys and girls from the ages of 9-12 will love this book

Had I been a few year younger, it would be on my list of favorites.
Juliana
Jan 27, 2008 Juliana rated it really liked it
Hi..hi...hi..Ellen dan Edgar, kembar yang super jail ini bikin stres hilang. Kok bisa ya mereka bikin rencana jail seperti itu?
Min
Feb 01, 2013 Min rated it liked it
I like how Edgar and Ellen make trouble. They're too witty. I like how they show their love for the things they have.
Zoe
Jun 18, 2007 Zoe rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
A hilarous story about tourists french toast and pigeons (it sounds confusing but if you read it you'll like it!!!!)
Adhitia Adrian
Jul 29, 2010 Adhitia Adrian rated it really liked it
Ketika para turis-turis, yang merupakan orang-orang ternama, dikerjain sama Edgar & Ellen. Nice story gan !!
Kait
Jan 01, 2016 Kait rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully witty, and adorably amusing. Edgar and Ellen are my kind of mischievous miscreants. (:
Steven
Oct 13, 2010 Steven rated it it was amazing
Shelves: charles-ogden
I could read these books all day long they are so much fun!
Maria Herondale
Aug 17, 2013 Maria Herondale rated it it was amazing
I remember reading this 4 years ago and having a blast.
  • Terrible Times (Eddie Dickens Trilogy, #3)
  • Vampire Brat (Araminta Spookie, #4)
  • Return of the Emerald Skull (Barnaby Grimes, #2)
  • Never Race a Runaway Pumpkin (Roscoe Riley Rules, #7)
  • Pure Dead Magic (Pure Dead #1)
  • The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #1)
  • Hannah & the Salish Sea (Hannah, #2)
  • The Lightning Key (The Wednesday Tales, #3)
  • Otto and the Flying Twins (The Karmidee, #1)
  • The Charmed Bracelet (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #7)
  • Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan
  • Perpustakaan Ajaib Bibbi Bokken
  • The Mystery of the Masked Rider (Nancy Drew, #109)
  • Dancing Through Fire (Portraits, #1)
Charles Ogden is the pen name used by a collection of authors at Star Farm Productions for the Edgar & Ellen book series for children and young adults. The pen name is credited with nine books (with a tenth upcoming), published by both Tricycle Press, and more recently, Simon & Schuster.
More about Charles Ogden...

Edgar & Ellen (6 books)
  • Rare Beasts (Edgar & Ellen, #1)
  • Under Town (Edgar & Ellen, #3)
  • Pet's Revenge (Edgar & Ellen, #4)
  • High Wire (Edgar & Ellen, #5)
  • Nod's Limbs (Edgar & Ellen, #6)