Start by marking “Tourist Trap (Edgar & Ellen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tourist Trap (Edgar & Ellen, #2)

Tourist Trap (Edgar & Ellen #2)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  485 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Where tourists are the toast of the town. The Nod's Limbs Junkyardalso known as the Gadget Graveyard is where Edgar and Ellen scavenge essential parts for their nefarious plots. So when Mayor Knightleigh announces plans to build a luxury hotel on the site, the twins spring into action. The mayor has invited a group of celebrities to Nod's Limbs for the first annual French ...more
Published (first published January 5th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Tourist Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tourist Trap

Library-KAT

Where tourists are the toast of the town . The Nod's Limbs Junkyard -- also known as the Gadget Graveyard -- is where Edgar and Ellen scavenge essential parts for their nefarious plots. So when Mayor Knightleigh announces plans to build a luxury hotel on the site, the twins spring into action. The mayor has invited a group of celebrities to Nod's Limbs for the first annual French Toast Festival, but the twins are concocting a scheme to send potential tourists screaming in the opposite direction.
Asriani
Tak banyak yang mengetahui sejarah Nod’s Limbs, kota kecil tempat Edgar dan Ellen tinggal. Bertahun – tahun berlalu ketika seorang lelaki bernama Nod untuk pertama kalinya membangun sebuah pabrik lilin. Puluhan orang berdatangan untuk bekerja di pabrik miliknya. Entah berapa lama yang dibutuhkan sehingga pabrik milik Nod menjadi penyedia lilin tervesar di wilayah tersebut. berita kesuksesannya mendatangkan lebih banyak pendatang. Satu demi satu pekerja memilih tinggal dibanding bolak balik ke da ...more
Vivian
Edgar and Ellen (names inspired by Edgar Allen Poe, of course!)are abandoned brats who live in a dump and have a pet carnivorous plant. So far so fair. Ellen shows her inside ilk in the first chapter by drumming up a huge sneeze that plasters frosting all over the party guests of her arch rival, the doted-upon snobbish daughter of the self-agrandized mayor. The plot thickens with the mayor's plan to level the dump and turn the town into a tourist trap. Edgar and Ellen swing into action to save t ...more
Avory
gggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJjjjjKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Poetry
Gila...si edgar ama si Ellen...ada aja ide n tingkah gilanya yg ga kan mungkin aku berani ngelakuinnya.
Mungkin gini ya...tingkah anak yg kehilangan sosok orang tua..
Jago skali ngerjain orang..bikin orang repot..Mreka senang x klo udah ada kehebohan...
Yg paling mantap tu waktu si Ellen jadi pemandu wisata di kota Nod's Limb, di dampingi adiknya, Edgar sebagai asisten...Dengan bodohnya turis2 penting tu semua ketipu n kemakan cerita2 khayalan tingkat tinggi karangan mereka berdua.Niat x nipu turis
Dyah
This time, the twins' mischief serves a more noble purpose; they want to save the junkyard from being demolished by the governor. It's actually more fun than the first book, and I feel a bit sorry for Edgar and Ellen.
Billie Alfrey
If I have kids I'm gonna read this to them. I imagine they'd grow up to be mini goth kids.
Christopher Obert
Edgar & Ellen are at it again. When they find out that the junk yard is going to be dismantled to make way for a new fancy hotel, the twins realize that they have to stop this atrocity. After all with the removal of the junk yard, where will the twins get all of the materials to create all of their devious plots? The twisted twins create new schemes to foil the plans of the mayor and derail his festivities and keep the junk yard safe forever!
Keera
This was so much more amusing and entertaining than the first book, Rare Beasts. Their scheme was much broader and more understandable this time around and their victims were much more deserving of the twin's tormenting. (view spoiler)
Victoria Whipple
If you like your stories a little bizarre, with quirky characters you'll like Edgar & Ellen. They are a couple of parentless kids who live in a creepy old house in a strange little town. In this book, they try to derail the plans of the mayor to turn their town into a premier tourist destination. This is one of a series of books, and it is being turned into a television show by Nickelodeon.
Rosa
I bought this at a library book sale two years ago because I loved the spooky ooky twins on the cover and thought it would be a smart, funny, maybe a little bit creepy read. I was disappointed to find myself feeling like Edgar and Ellen were just mean. I didn't find the things they did very funny and I just felt kind of disappointed throughout the whole book.
E. Adrian
Fun, quick read. Similar to book one, very little character growth. Tricksters getting away with terrorizing a town and it's guests and blaming it on an innocent girl. As an adult, it's a fun read. I wouldn't recommend this to a youth, they might think the behavior demonstrated in the book is clever and try out similar schemes.
Martha
This book was really enjoyable. I enjoyed the previous adventures in the previous book but now there was more to revealed and more mischief to be made.
The twins find themselves savenging in the graveyard and end up concocting a plan to make Nod's Limbs tourist free! What a book! :)
Jeffrey
I read the Audio Version and it was really Fun! The book goes into song in several occasions. The the person reading does an amazing job with the voices. The plot itself if fun, youth appropriate and dark. It's pretty much like hanging out for a day with Wendy and Pugsly Adams.
Jerald
THIS BOOK IS BERRY FUNNY AND COOL AND THERE ALOT OF ACTION AND MESS THAT EDGAR & ELLEN MACK I THINK THAT YOU WILL LIKE THIS BOOK BECAUSE THERE ALOT OF STUFF THAT THEY DO TO OTHER PEOPLE YOU WILL LIKE IT
Nex G.
Apr 19, 2009 Nex G. added it
Another book about the twins how the major invites tourist to a
luch at the musuem but thats really the twins house while their
family is on vacation but they didn't go so it's on.
Kaitlyn
Charles Ogden is an amzing author. I love all of his books especially the Edgar And Ellen Collection. I have all of the Edgar and Ellen books and I am planning to read all of them.
Jane
Jul 16, 2007 Jane rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 5-10's
Mildly humerous. Has a slight tinge of the addams family. About two ghoulish twins, who want to keep their mansion to theirselves, and not let town tyrant, ruin the eerie atmosphere.
★ Jess
Boys and girls from the ages of 9-12 will love this book

Had I been a few year younger, it would be on my list of favorites.
Juliana
Hi..hi...hi..Ellen dan Edgar, kembar yang super jail ini bikin stres hilang. Kok bisa ya mereka bikin rencana jail seperti itu?
Min
I like how Edgar and Ellen make trouble. They're too witty. I like how they show their love for the things they have.
Zoe
Jun 18, 2007 Zoe rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
A hilarous story about tourists french toast and pigeons (it sounds confusing but if you read it you'll like it!!!!)
Adhitia Adrian
Ketika para turis-turis, yang merupakan orang-orang ternama, dikerjain sama Edgar & Ellen. Nice story gan !!
Kait
Wonderfully witty, and adorably amusing. Edgar and Ellen are my kind of mischievous miscreants. (:
Steven
I could read these books all day long they are so much fun!
Maria Herondale
I remember reading this 4 years ago and having a blast.
Candie
Nov 11, 2009 Candie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
theyre evil little twins thats why i love them
Kyra
STRANGE is the only word to describe this series.
Shang
Heheh LOL
those poor unfortunate tourists
Nura
kenakalan si kembar ga ada yg ngalahin
  • Terrible Times (Eddie Dickens Trilogy, #3)
  • Millennium Madness (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #29)
  • The Charmed Bracelet (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #7)
  • Selby Speaks (Selby, #2)
  • Doctor Who: The Invasion (Target Doctor Who Library, No. 98)
  • Vampire Brat (Araminta Spookie, #4)
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)
  • Doctor Who: Terminus (Target Doctor Who Library)
  • Never Race a Runaway Pumpkin (Roscoe Riley Rules, #7)
  • Fall of the House of Mandible (Secrets of Dripping Fang, #4)
  • Doctor Who And the Gunfighters
  • Doctor Who and the Keeper of Traken
  • Wizard at Work
  • Doctor Who and the War Games
  • Steven Moffat's Doctor Who 2010: The Critical Fan's Guide to Matt Smith's First Series (Unauthorized)
  • Doctor Who: Full Circle
  • Doctor Who and the Creature from the Pit
Charles Ogden is the pen name used by a collection of authors at Star Farm Productions for the Edgar & Ellen book series for children and young adults. The pen name is credited with nine books (with a tenth upcoming), published by both Tricycle Press, and more recently, Simon & Schuster.
More about Charles Ogden...

Edgar & Ellen (6 books)
  • Rare Beasts (Edgar & Ellen, #1)
  • Under Town (Edgar & Ellen, #3)
  • Pet's Revenge (Edgar & Ellen, #4)
  • High Wire (Edgar & Ellen, #5)
  • Nod's Limbs (Edgar & Ellen, #6)
Rare Beasts (Edgar & Ellen, #1) Under Town (Edgar & Ellen, #3) Pet's Revenge (Edgar & Ellen, #4) Nod's Limbs (Edgar & Ellen, #6) High Wire (Edgar & Ellen, #5)