Start by marking “God in My Corner” as Want to Read:
God in My Corner

God in My Corner

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Everyone needs a second chance, even if your name is George Foreman.

"My second chance arrived unexpectedly in a Puerto Rican dressing room after a heavyweight boxing match. What happened to me in that room is so incredibly bizarre, it's unlikely you've ever before read anything like it. Simply stated, I died and went to the other side. The experience impacted me so profoun
Published May 22nd 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about God in My Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God in My Corner

Ice
David Pfeiffer
A man of remarkable character and wisdom.
Brian Williams
Before George Foreman came to faith in Christ, he was a mean, mean, man. Before His conversion, you could hardly ever find him smiling. After his conversion, you can hardly ever find him not smiling. In this wonderful book he tells you why he's always smiling. God is in his corner. He pastors a really small church, and chooses to keep it small. George seems to have a genuine servant heart. I highly recommend his book.
Glenn
I knew George Foreman was an ordained minister, but didn't know the story behind him accepting Jesus as his savior. This was a good retelling of his upbringing in abject poverty, how he got into trouble as a young boy and wasn't living right as a young heavyweight champion, and then had a conversion experience during one of his fights in 1977, and how it changed his life.
Linda
Who would have thought that I would ever read a book by & about a Heavyweight Boxer. This book really was fantastic. George Foreman tells about an experience he had where his career and life were altered as he accepted religion. His views on life and relationships became so focused and you can tell as you read, that he is a genuinely good and decent person.
Joseph
Its strange to read an 'autobiography' and get to the end thinking "there wasn't enough about the author in there." The trouble is, while I appreciate that George Foreman is a fine fellow, and while I belive that most of the content is important; that doesn't make it terribly interesting. And I'm not sure exactly who would find it so.
Karen Okamoto
George Foreman had an interesting spiritual experience that changed his life. I enjoyed reading about him and learning something about his life as a boxer. Before reading this book, I knew him only in regard to the George Foreman grill. It was a worthwhile read.
What can I say - I enjoy boxing (Mixed Martial Arts) and I was actually very entertained in this book. I was surprised to see what a Christian Foreman is, and his laugh and smile even come across in the story.
Adrienna
I heard about it briefly on 700 Club and had a desire to read his memoir. I enjoyed it and the pictures...and how he came with the George Foreman Grill that I love so dearly.
Kenneth Baird
Surprising, insightful, and enjoyable biography of George Foreman with emphasis on his spiritual journey.
Nikki
Everyone should read this book. It's not long.

What a wonderful story. He's had an amazing life!!

Paul Forbes
Nice inspirational read and great insight into a great boxer.
Dan Hardin
Jul 15, 2007 Dan Hardin rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: boxing fans or christians
a book by an aging boxer? how can you go wrong?
Gary Krause
Very good. An eye-opener.
Ismael Bravo
Ismael Bravo marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Tyler Hoy
Tyler Hoy marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Ryan Eldeb
Ryan Eldeb marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Shearon
Shearon marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Antonio Martin
Antonio Martin is currently reading it
Feb 06, 2014
Gareth Daniel
Gareth Daniel marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Bobbi Jarvinen
Bobbi Jarvinen marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
By George: The Autobiography of George Foreman Let George Do It! The George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine Cookbook Knockout Entrepreneur (Nelsonfree) George Foreman's Knock-Out-The-Fat Barbecue and Grilling Cookbook