Start by marking “God In My Corner: A Spiritual Memoir” as Want to Read:
God In My Corner: A Spiritual Memoir

God In My Corner: A Spiritual Memoir

Everyone needs a second chance, even if your name is George Foreman.

"My second chance arrived unexpectedly in a Puerto Rican dressing room after a heavyweight boxing match. What happened to me in that room is so incredibly bizarre, it's unlikely you've ever before read anything like it. Simply stated, I died and went to the other side. The experience impacted me so profoun
Published May 20th 2007 by Thomas Nelson (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about God In My Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God In My Corner

Ice
Jun 20, 2012 Ice rated it really liked it
Brian Williams
Aug 21, 2013 Brian Williams rated it it was amazing
Before George Foreman came to faith in Christ, he was a mean, mean, man. Before His conversion, you could hardly ever find him smiling. After his conversion, you can hardly ever find him not smiling. In this wonderful book he tells you why he's always smiling. God is in his corner. He pastors a really small church, and chooses to keep it small. George seems to have a genuine servant heart. I highly recommend his book.
Joseph
Sep 10, 2012 Joseph rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
Its strange to read an 'autobiography' and get to the end thinking "there wasn't enough about the author in there." The trouble is, while I appreciate that George Foreman is a fine fellow, and while I belive that most of the content is important; that doesn't make it terribly interesting. And I'm not sure exactly who would find it so.
Glenn
Jan 24, 2009 Glenn rated it liked it
I knew George Foreman was an ordained minister, but didn't know the story behind him accepting Jesus as his savior. This was a good retelling of his upbringing in abject poverty, how he got into trouble as a young boy and wasn't living right as a young heavyweight champion, and then had a conversion experience during one of his fights in 1977, and how it changed his life.
Linda
Apr 30, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Who would have thought that I would ever read a book by & about a Heavyweight Boxer. This book really was fantastic. George Foreman tells about an experience he had where his career and life were altered as he accepted religion. His views on life and relationships became so focused and you can tell as you read, that he is a genuinely good and decent person.
May 12, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
What can I say - I enjoy boxing (Mixed Martial Arts) and I was actually very entertained in this book. I was surprised to see what a Christian Foreman is, and his laugh and smile even come across in the story.
Karen Okamoto
Jun 24, 2008 Karen Okamoto rated it liked it
Shelves: june
George Foreman had an interesting spiritual experience that changed his life. I enjoyed reading about him and learning something about his life as a boxer. Before reading this book, I knew him only in regard to the George Foreman grill. It was a worthwhile read.
J Sy
Jan 03, 2015 J Sy rated it liked it
it would have been better to include third parties perspectives as references or at the very least to validate his claims. last few chapters detailing his journey to the championship were great. a very entertaining, funny and very inspiring.
Kenneth Baird
Jul 20, 2013 Kenneth Baird rated it really liked it
Surprising, insightful, and enjoyable biography of George Foreman with emphasis on his spiritual journey.
Adrienna
Jan 03, 2009 Adrienna rated it liked it
I heard about it briefly on 700 Club and had a desire to read his memoir. I enjoyed it and the pictures...and how he came with the George Foreman Grill that I love so dearly.
Nikki
Jun 29, 2007 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this book. It's not long.

What a wonderful story. He's had an amazing life!!

Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Aalten
Aalten rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Raphael Oliveira
Raphael Oliveira rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Jenna Latham
Jenna Latham rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2011
Chad
Chad rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Caleb Warren
Caleb Warren rated it it was ok
Feb 22, 2013
Debra
Debra rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Marilou
Marilou rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
Tyrone Harbert
Tyrone Harbert rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2013
Kathy Young cruz
Kathy Young cruz rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2014
Aaron
Aaron rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Dana Tipken
Dana Tipken rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2012
Adam Bradford
Adam Bradford rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014
Jeffrey L Flowers
Jeffrey L Flowers rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Marvel Kelley
Marvel Kelley rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Betsy
Betsy rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2015
Phanindra Acharla
Phanindra Acharla rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2007
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2012