Start by marking “Presumption of Guilt (Sun Coast Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Presumption of Guilt (Sun Coast Chronicles, #4)

Presumption of Guilt (Sun Coast Chronicles #4)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  972 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Book 4 in the Sun Coast Chronicles, Beth Wright, a newspaper reporter in St. Claire, faces the horror and shame of her own past -- as well as threats to her own life -- as she investigates abuses in a children's home.
Published February 23rd 2010 by Zondervan (first published April 22nd 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Presumption of Guilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Presumption of Guilt

Susan
This book is so terribly written it is almost laughable. I almost dumped it after the first few pages which described a ridiculous chase scene with our heroine making various cell phone calls while being bumped from behind by a guy she's writing an expose on. I read on simply because every review on Goodreads for this book was 4 or 5 stars. Blackstock is billed as a bestselling Christian author and has sold tons of books.

How does trash like this get published? Most 12 year olds are reading more
Jeanette
Really enjoyed this book. The characters felt like friends to me, were realistic feeling. I loved that Lynda & Jake (from the first book) were involved in this story. The subject matter of children who are wards of the state being used for crime was difficult to imagine people actually doing this to children who rely on these adults to take care of them. The fact that there were so many people involved in this cover-up was sickening. The story drew me in right from the beginning I had to kno ...more
Lisa
This book was very hard to read. The author's style is to jump from one character's point of view to another but it is over done here. The adults here aren't particularly intelligent at various points. The insertion of Christian values seemed like preaching and did not flow. The wrap up after the drama was way too quick for the pacing of the rest of the book. I like the idea of the story but had to put the book down out of frustration several times. (I've liked other books by this author even th ...more
Carolyn E
Feb 09, 2012 Carolyn E rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Another terrific story by Terri Blackstock. This one rates at least 7 or 8 stars. Once one starts reading it, it is impossible to put it down. However, readers should be warned that the subject matter is difficult. Basically, Presumption of Guilt is the story of abused and abandoned children who have been placed in a children's home run by Bill Brandon.

Brandon's public facade is that of a caring, compassionate man who runs an excellent home for children. In fact, Brandon is evil incarnate who is
Beth
Fourth in the series, for a small town with a large religious community there is an awful lot of nasty crime.

We have a social worker who is training the children in his care to rob. We have one of these children grown up and trying to stop him but not let herself get caught.

Again some of the same characters plus a couple of new ones. Good plot, too much religion.
Danielle
Such a moving story. I wish I could believe that this would never happen but somehow I can't. Sorry to see this series end but I'm enjoying this author so much, I'm going to start on another of her series. She has several more!
Jen
I enjoyed the book. I found the quick proposals at the end of the book, just that quick. With all the build up, I would have liked more about this part of the plot.
Kim
Great story....gives hope that God will work even in the midst of pain.
Susan
This one was probably my favorite in the series if for no other reason than it dealt with children. Loved it!!
Loretta
Final book in a 4 book series. A scary story of a very evil man running a children's home, using the children for his crimes. It's hard to imagine such evil and especially against children. This final book ties up neatly though, even a little predictably, but I still enjoyed it. And issues of faith, forgiveness, and God's love are throughout the book.
Jill
How far would you go to get someone convicted? Would you plant evidence and fake an assault that did not happen? The first time I read this book, I enjoyed it more than the second time. The second time I read it, it seemed like the book was too 'staged'. Like a mold was followed.
Kim
This was one of the first books I read by Terri Blackstock. I quickly became a fan! I love her books, she does a great job at making her characters human, and easy to identify with. I highly recommend these books! If you like mystery, this book is a good one for you!
Michelle
Excellent book. I fell in love with the main characters. This book will make people think how one person's decision to get involved can change the lives of so many. Yes I know it's fiction, but why can't we do that in real life as well?
Andreea
Great suspense story. Terri Blackstock is a real master.Her books are infused with Christianity, but it doesn't bother the storyline.Her style makes me want to read more of her many novels.
Cassy Trent
This was the last book of the series and I was pretty happy to be done with it. The writing was so simplistic and almost elementary-like. Not a favorite.
Debbie
Beth Wright is on a story of a children's home being used to front a crime ring
Suncoast Chronicles Series
Shari
Sun Coast Chronicles Book 4
Sharon Richmond Bryant
Nov 10, 2012 Sharon Richmond Bryant rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
It was absolutely wonderful!!
Sarita
Sarita marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Nicole Strine
Nicole Strine marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Susie Neal
Susie Neal marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • Coral Moon (Kanner Lake Series #2)
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
  • The Sacrifice
  • Irreparable Harm
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Sun Coast Chronicles (4 books)
  • Evidence of Mercy (Sun Coast Chronicles, #1)
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
Night Light (Restoration #2) Last Light (Restoration, #1) Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1) Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2) Breaker's Reef (Cape Refuge, #4)